NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Tom will win 5 then the argument will be over!! :biggrin:

Pats are favored in Vegas as SB champs!

Place your bets now. Odd won't get better!

iTarzan

whoa....earthquake...never get used to those fuckers...

We had brussel sprouts last night and I ate a bunch of them. That was me farting here on the east coast.

There is one game that to this day still pisses me off about Manning. One glaring example of where a huge loss was mostly his fault. It is probably the most disappointing Colt loss I ever watched. Well the loss to the Jets in the SB will be hard to top.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301040nyj.htm

It was his 3rd year in a row of making the playoffs. He really was screwed in the 1st 2 games. The refs stole the 1997 game against Tenn and Vanderfuck missed the game winning FG from 27 yards in the 1998 game.

But the 1999 game was all bad Manning in a blizzard too. There was a bad omen though. On the first drive against a very good jets D in a white out blizzard Manning drove them down for a FG. All looked good. Then Vanderfuck missed the FG and the route was on.

40-0. It was terrible. That game keeps Manning from GOAT. It does. I still can't believe that game went down like that. Manning choked big time that game.

PaullyHighBred

I dont think the pats old OL coach could have kept the line healthier this year than the new one did. Now he's fired and the old one brought out of retirement but seems this is one of those moves made out of desperation or lack of foresight. Didnt they win a super bowl in guglielmo's first year and then you have protection issues and injuries and fire guglielmo in year 2? You hate to second guess belichick but it seems rash to me, to give up on a coach so quickly.

This is why the O-line coach was fired, and deservedly so...

Bryan Stork Was Tipping The Snap

http://insidethepylon.com/film-stud...6/02/01/bryan-storks-head-bob-costs-patriots/

Belichick saw it on film review and shit canned him the next day...

iTarzan

Pagano never does stuff like that. He is good at coming up with things like "Trent Richardson is like a rolling ball of butcher knives and NT Chapman is an 800 pound safe in the middle of the field." Things that are just the opposite of being true. LOL!

Meraxes

Veteran

this^^....alright settle down...lets focus on march madness. I hope Umass gets to the dance. My brother was shooting guard, and Derrick Kellog was point(coach of Umass)in high school. Aw who am I kidding, They haven't made it in years, I'll have to go for Uconn again, damn it!...:biggrin:

GeorgeWBush

Veteran

well it's not crazy to think that but I doubt it considering he will be starting the year serving a 4 game suspension because the higher court judge is going to reverse the decision of the lower court judge that he bribed. weather or not you agree with the findings of the wells report is irrelevant because it's about weather or not Goodell has the power to do it and it's in the CBA that he dose..and I think it will be Bradys last season.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

http://insidethepylon.com/film-stud...6/02/01/bryan-storks-head-bob-costs-patriots/

Hmm. Seems odd that the center wasnt tipping anything off all season, but in the conference championship he's bobbing his head right before the snap? Sloppy, or suspicious...

We had brussel sprouts last night and I ate a bunch of them. That was me farting here on the east coast.

There is one game that to this day still pisses me off about Manning. One glaring example of where a huge loss was mostly his fault. It is probably the most disappointing Colt loss I ever watched. Well the loss to the Jets in the SB will be hard to top.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301040nyj.htm

It was his 3rd year in a row of making the playoffs. He really was screwed in the 1st 2 games. The refs stole the 1997 game against Tenn and Vanderfuck missed the game winning FG from 27 yards in the 1998 game.

But the 1999 game was all bad Manning in a blizzard too. There was a bad omen though. On the first drive against a very good jets D in a white out blizzard Manning drove them down for a FG. All looked good. Then Vanderfuck missed the FG and the route was on.

40-0. It was terrible. That game keeps Manning from GOAT. It does. I still can't believe that game went down like that. Manning choked big time that game.

I dont remember much of manning's early years. Once he got some experience under his belt, he dominated the league for over a decade, but there are always rough games in every career...

this^^....alright settle down...lets focus on march madness. I hope Umass gets to the dance. My brother was shooting guard, and Derrick Kellog was point(coach of Umass)in high school. Aw who am I kidding, They haven't made it in years, I'll have to go for Uconn again, damn it!...:biggrin:

The UConn womens team is practically a dynasty...

PaullyHighBred

Hmm. Seems odd that the center wasnt tipping anything off all season, but in the conference championship he's bobbing his head right before the snap? Sloppy, or suspicious...

Sloppy? Yes
Suspicious? No

Stork started the season on IR (concussion) returned week 9. Then b/c of o-line injuries he mostly played guard, some right tackle, I think he took a few snaps at fullback...

This was mostly a lost season for Stork, call it a sophomore slump... But there's nothing suspicious about it, watch the tape- the kid competes... he's raw, has a few bad habits, but he's tough, physical and the right kind of mean (Reminds me a little of what Mankins was like)

The head-bob should have been caught by self scouting well before the AFCC and corrected.

Coach Scar is a Pats legend, O-line coach for 20 something yrs under Parcells, Carrol, Belichick and provided incredible protection to Brady while turning college wrestlers into all-pro guards...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I think from reading that article, that the head bob was something that was only a problem in the no huddle...I dont remember exactly its been a couple days since I read that link....either way, your a pro on the biggest stage...that kinda stuff should not happen.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The head bob should have been caught in game, by some coach, usually the oline coach, no doubt.
Well, i guess the young buck couldnt handle it, and now we have to bring the dinosaur out of retirement to make things right.

The 49ers have said they plan on keeping kaepernick and his 11M salary this season. He may end up redeeming his career or becoming the leagues most expensive backup qb. RGIII, anyone?

I wouldnt mind seeing the bears go qb at #11 overall. They should have their choice of wentz or goff, when one of them goes first. If both of them go by #11, then the bears get their choice of the best of the rest: lynch, connor, etc. Of course, there's always the 2nd or later rounds for guys like hackenburg, cardale jones, etc. Not saying any of these guys will end up good, but even so, i'd prefer to see someone else throwing interceptions now. ugh, not really but you know what i mean.

I want manziel to sign with the cowboys and then go out in an alcohol fueled blaze of glory as romo stays healthy and leads the boys on a playoff run.
But then: redemption story. Manziel finds Jeezus(!) and takes over for an injured romo the next season and leads them to the superbowl. Maybe they win it maybe they dont but its still a legendary run.
What happens next? Either manziel dies with a needle in his arm or he leads the cowboys to the playoffs consistently, and maybe even a ring or two.
Either outcome will be just as entertaining to the masses, im sure.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I'm on board with at least seeing whats there with kaepernick under kelly's qb friendly scheme. I was not one of the people that felt gabbert was an improvement, especially considering the convenient timing of tiller starting at rg, and mainly kilgore over martin at C, kaep may have looked better behind them too for all I know. Considering what kelly made foles look like, I'd personally feel kinda screwed again if kaep didn't get a chance.

misc. scouting report on goff is tiny hands, could explain fumble issues...I haven't really started looking at prospects yet but I'm hoping we go OL, ILB, & either pass rushing DE or OLB...I really wish von miller could opt out of the franchise tag LOL my niners could definetely afford to make it worth his while.

speaking of franchise tag...alshon is a good one to keep around.

iTarzan

It would be foolish not to see what Kaep can do with Kelly. They seem like a match made in heaven.
There are other DL that will be obtainable. Wilkerson, Knighton, Paul and a few other very good ones.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
von miller is an OLB, literally aldon smith minus the arrests and alcoholism..niners run a 3/4, and we've got the 2DE's locked up, just need to extend ian willams at NT. aaron lynch is a good pass rushing OLB, but it sure would be nice to have another on on the other side in place of an aging ahmad brooks.

have the last 4 years not made it glaringly obvious that offense sells tickets, but defenses win championships???

shit, at this point I just want to be entertained and not ashamed lol

mowood3479

Veteran

That entire afc championship game I couldn't figure out why the pats l and r tackles were getting beat so bad off the snap... Almost every snap... I was yelling at cannon to at least get a hand on miller.. Makes more sense now that they were telegraphing the snap.
Bad mistake.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That entire afc championship game I couldn't figure out why the pats l and r tackles were getting beat so bad off the snap... Almost every snap... I was yelling at cannon to at least get a hand on miller.. Makes more sense now that they were telegraphing the snap.
Bad mistake.

Peruvian Patriots fan? Really?
You guys are like packers fans, you can go literally anywhere and sure enough, there'll be one or two of you guys lurking...

von miller is an OLB, literally aldon smith minus the arrests and alcoholism..niners run a 3/4, and we've got the 2DE's locked up, just need to extend ian willams at NT. aaron lynch is a good pass rushing OLB, but it sure would be nice to have another on on the other side in place of an aging ahmad brooks.

have the last 4 years not made it glaringly obvious that offense sells tickets, but defenses win championships???

shit, at this point I just want to be entertained and not ashamed lol

Ian Williams? I remember him being a pretty good nose tackle at notre dame.
Kaepernick's agent requested a trade away from the 49ers. So, he didnt totally believe trent baalke when the gm said kaepernick will be a member of the team after April? Maybe he's not as dumb as people make him out to be...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I think it would have been in his best interest to wait until after april 1st when his salary was guaranteed...I hope we keep him for this season, 11.9million for a mid range qb is pretty much on par with league averages, and that was before the salary cap just went up...I'm not high on any of the big name draft prospects, gabbert, or any other FA qb's..we gotta roll with kaep this year...I don't blame the guy for wanting out though...our front office is toxic.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
anthony davis and not vernon davis right??? vernon is better off focusing on his "brand" and jamba juice...he gave up on the field after he got rocked by chancellor...and he made what, like 1 block in the superbowl? lol

Bam's welcome back any time imho, our line wouldnt be so terrible with staley, kilgore, bam, and tiller...I think boone at least tests the market, no way baalkee coins up to pay an udfa guard...need to find a solid RT though, not sure if any of our projects are working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts