What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaullyHighBred

Kaep wants to be traded to Cleveland. Not joking that is what he wants.

I just saw that... Honest question has any player in the last say decade ever wanted to play for the Browns before???

And I mean actually wanted to play for them-- not just collect one of their massive rebuild pay checks and extra month of postseason vacation...

Who knows, it could be a good move, they have an awesome diehard fanbase... but their ownership, front office, coaching on the other hand...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
seems like a report to create leverage. niners FO has said if a deal isnt done in the next couple days we're keeping him. supposedly cleveland is trying to restructure his contract for 7-8mil/year(kaep is due to make around 14 this season)...and kaep is probably coming to the realization that the niners are probably going to be paying him the most. bronco's need to pony up (hahaha) a drop their late 2nd rd pick on the table to get it done. we already have a ton of draft picks, and baalkee's track record of not drafting impact players doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy losing the high ceiling qb that could potentially be very successful in the new offense....I'm just not seeing the value of moving on, especially if the team is put into a position where drafting qb in the first round is necessary....fwiw niners have only drafted a qb in the first round twice, ever....I don't think we deviate from the mean on this one.

I dont think anyone actually wants to play for the browns lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Kaep wants to be traded to Cleveland. Not joking that is what he wants.

RGIII has a few teams interested. He wants to play for the Rams.

Denver just traded for Sanchez from the Eagles. Denver will be led by the butt fumbler.

Denver let their team fall apart now. They won't be back to a SB for a long time.

I'm not sure that they're going into next year thinking Sanchez is their starter. Elway's not stupid, i have to think he'll add another qb in the draft or free agency or even trade...
If not, maybe peyton should un-retire. With that defense, even losing malik jackson, they should still be good for double digit wins next year, even if peyton still sucks.

Still not sure who's going to stop Brady next year and his Mermiden...

Who are the mermiden? Mermen?

seems like a report to create leverage. niners FO has said if a deal isnt done in the next couple days we're keeping him. supposedly cleveland is trying to restructure his contract for 7-8mil/year(kaep is due to make around 14 this season)...and kaep is probably coming to the realization that the niners are probably going to be paying him the most. bronco's need to pony up (hahaha) a drop their late 2nd rd pick on the table to get it done. we already have a ton of draft picks, and baalkee's track record of not drafting impact players doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy losing the high ceiling qb that could potentially be very successful in the new offense....I'm just not seeing the value of moving on, especially if the team is put into a position where drafting qb in the first round is necessary....fwiw niners have only drafted a qb in the first round twice, ever....I don't think we deviate from the mean on this one.

I dont think anyone actually wants to play for the browns lol

Kaep really wants to get away from Baalke and York but i could see that having to take huge pay cuts might give him pause. Then again, if a team really wants him, they should be ok with his yearly salaries under his current contract. If a team was ok with paying osweiler 18M a year, a team should be ok with paying kaep 15M a year. He's got more of a track record than osweiler, but i suppose that track record is both good and bad...

I just saw that... Honest question has any player in the last say decade ever wanted to play for the Browns before???

And I mean actually wanted to play for them-- not just collect one of their massive rebuild pay checks and extra month of postseason vacation...

Who knows, it could be a good move, they have an awesome diehard fanbase... but their ownership, front office, coaching on the other hand...

People dont want to play for franchises without a track record of success unless theyre flashing a big wad of cash (cap room). But Hue Jackson is the new coach of the browns and had his eye on Kaep since kaep was in college and if both of them think they'll work well together... Plus you underestimate the ability of Baalke-York to make a player want to leave them and play for the 'land....

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
totally agree baba, if getting out of there was gonna cost me 5+ million I'd sit my happy ass down and count my money.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Of course, there is the chance that the Niners simply waive Kaepernick before April 1st, thereby voiding his contract and he becomes a street FA.
Which they probably wont do, because they still need a QB and Kelly could do some good things with Colin, and Colin still has trade value so even if they get rid of him theyre going to try to get some assets back if they can.
But if they cant finalize a trade and the relationship sours even further i could see the niners just waiving colin before the 1st. That would sorta screw up both sides, maybe, but that's what it's come down to. The niners front office is the most hated in the league.

Bears signed jerrell freeman, a tackle machine from Indy, to their linebacking corps. Ever since urlacher retired ive had to watch bears linebackers miss tackles all over the field; now, that might actually change...

PaullyHighBred

In fairness I honestly forgot Hue Jackson was their new coach, I like him, but he's got a hell of a challenge changing the culture around the mistake-by-the-lake...

Oh and the stillers WR Martavis Bryant is facing 1 yr ban for you guessed it... weed...
If only he had stuck to good old fashioned all american booze, vicodin and Oxy and occasionally cold clocking your g/f (jus you know not on camera)

But its ok, cuz he's off to rehab for his dangerous debilitating addiction...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I remember when Arizona had the worst NFL franchise in the league, basically Detroit South, for decades until kurt warner and now bruce arians brought some good seasons to that team.
The Warriors were a pretty sad NBA team for decades as well until the splash brothers and their friends came along, now they're like the greatest team ever.

The 'Land hasnt had a professional sports championship of any kind for over 50 years now, so things havent been good. But let's not forget, your area Paully, Boston/New England, didnt have great pro sports teams for decades as well, but since the 2000's every one of the 4 major teams has won at least one championship, the Pats and Red Sox having won multiple.

So people rag on Cleveland and maybe rightfully so, but things could turn around for them. These things tend to go in cycles...

Poor Martavis. Apparently theyre saying he was toking for depression more than pain relief, but I think cannabis is a good neuro-protectant, maybe regular cannabis use could be good for CTE, concussions, brain damage etc. Maybe cannabis could reduce the severity of neurological damage from football; after all, isn't depression an indicator of CTE and brain damage?
Anyway, it's probably a waste of time and money to try to fight it or appeal it, but the players union should look into getting MJ penalties reduced or eliminated in their next contract with the league.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
yeah, Martavis is getting a raw deal.honestly, from what I see on the Steelers blogs is he didn't even fail a MJ test he just missed like 3 of them due to depression which he uses MJ for....He missed the 1st 4 games of this past season from a failed MJ test now they want to give him a year off and there's a good chance the Rooneys send him packing...If the depression turns out legit though they might stick by him...they're good with loyalty.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's kind of bogus that missed tests are equivalent to a failed test; then again, if he missed it cause he knew he was going to fail, i guess missing 3 tests is better than pissing hot 3x....

One of the NFL's doctors acknowledged that football activity causes CTE in a hearing before Congress. So yeah, finally. But Goodell will probably still say more research is needed...

NE traded Chandler Jones to AZ for an offensive lineman and a 2nd round draft pick. Ive had jones on my fantasy teams, last year was the first year he really broke out, and even so he still missed some games with injuries. So Pats get OL depth and a high round pick to make up for their lost 1st rounder, and AZ gets more terrifying on defense. That's a win-win. Maybe they'll meet in the superbowl next year?

Denvers tells San Fran that kaepernick is only worth a 4th round draft pick. Is baalke holding out for much more than that? A 2nd and 5th?
It's hard to gauge what's kap's value is because let's face it, he could be either really good or really bad and anywhere in between. Maybe he's worth a 2nd with some qualifiers (makes a pro bowl, or starts 90% of their games, etc). But a 3rd rounder could be fair; it'll be too much if he sucks but too little if he excels.

PaullyHighBred

I'm gonna miss Chan Jones, Cards got a great player, a little inconsistent but he's starting to emerge as a dominant force...Should have an uptick in sacks this yr too, Pat's Pass rush is all about lane integrity, contain and collapse... If Jones is freed up just to hunt he's gonna rack em up...

Pats get an athletic guard to mix into the rotation, a much needed 2nd rounder and they just signed Chris Long to help with the pass rush... and freed up a couple mil in cap space

As close to a win-win for both teams as the nfl gets

iTarzan

The Colts have been busy this off season. Busy jacking off.

Why isn't anyone signing Knighton? Especially the Colts. He has played good the last 2 years. Played great in 2014 and Denver let him go. Played good for Washington in 2015 and nobody is interested again.

Oh wait the Colts signed a backup RB we will be fine.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
alex smith was traded for 2 - 2nd round picks... I think baalkee was open to entertaining offers he couldn't refuse- but the offers were more for a guy who was "benched" for blaine gabbert....one thing to keep in mind about kaep being benched: the coach that made that call. tomsula couldnt get this team to do anything right, is it all that shocking that his stupid ass would put BG in there over kaep...also by the time kaep hit the bench he was already getting opinions on whether or not he needed surgery etc....I just don't really think that BG ever really took kaep's job...and from my personal eye test, he was clearly a downgrade, behind a better line to boot.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I wonder who the niners got with those two 2nd round picks? That's a pretty nice haul, then again alex smith was an established starter...
Sounds like no one's offering anywhere near that much for kap; as you said, he got benched for gabbert of all people, then again he was playing hurt... Most likely they'll just hang onto him if no one offers what they want, and maybe kap and kelly tear up the league next year. 1000 yds rushing for kap?

I think the colts spent a bunch last offseason, so maybe theyre low on cap room this year?
They signed tolzien as backup qb and resigned dwayne allen at TE. Colby Fleener signed with the saints and said some colts players just went through the motions last year.
The most important thing the colts can do this offseason, besides killing the draft, would be to get andrew luck healthy and signed to an extension.

The bears traded Martellus Bennett and a 6th round pick to the Patriots for a 4th round pick.
Patriots get to replicate their two TE offense (although bennett is bigger and slower than hernandez) which tends to open up their running game. Pats also signed DE Chris Long to a small contract; Long wasnt healthy most of the last two years, so he could bounce back for the Pats.

iTarzan

Coby Fleener went through the motions for 4 years. He has dropped more passes then most other players in the league. Luck's completion percentage goes up 10% just by Fleener being gone.

Colts were active last year but they went after older players and didn't get any that made a big splash or didn't get hurt. They sign Gore, OK he didn't get the yards and maybe it was the blocking. But he turned into a huge fumbler. Big, key game losing fumbles at the goal line too.

Gore was one Fleener was talking about for sure.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Coby Fleener went through the motions for 4 years. He has dropped more passes then most other players in the league. Luck's completion percentage goes up 10% just by Fleener being gone.

Colts were active last year but they went after older players and didn't get any that made a big splash or didn't get hurt. They sign Gore, OK he didn't get the yards and maybe it was the blocking. But he turned into a huge fumbler. Big, key game losing fumbles at the goal line too.

The Colts need to make some moves. They are going to have a tough time getting past the Texans this year.:woohoo:

PaullyHighBred

That sound you just heard was D-coordinators around the league shitting their pants :biggrin:

Gronk and Bennet!? Two complete TEs (albeit ones a malcontent)

Say goodbye to the days of even trying to double team Gronk :laughing:

On paper this yr will best offensive weapons Brady's had since 2011, you know the yr their offense took their 31st rated defense to the superbowl... and you know their D has gotten jus a wee bit better since then :dance013:

God I cannot wait for this season...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran

gore left the niners to be part of a contender, not a pretender...and if he wasn't the best o lineman that the colts had last season luck would be calling it a career due to being decapitated by angry pass rushers.

don't even try to pin the colts issues on the one guy besides luck that actually put it all on the field every play. no o line, and no defense were the problem, that and keeping pagano instead of arians.

careful what you say about frankie G, iT....I swear I'll jump right through this fuckin computer screen! lol

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
That sound you just heard was D-coordinators around the league shitting their pants :biggrin:

Gronk and Bennet!? Two complete TEs (albeit ones a malcontent)

Say goodbye to the days of even trying to double team Gronk :laughing:

On paper this yr will best offensive weapons Brady's had since 2011, you know the yr their offense took their 31st rated defense to the superbowl... and you know their D has gotten jus a wee bit better since then :dance013:

God I cannot wait for this season...
it's too bad garrapolo is gonna fuck that all up huh? LOL gotta deflate your expectations a bit, tommy boy's gonna be watching the games from the cracked screen of his old cell phone hahaha and we all know that gronk's daddy will pull him from games if he stubbs his wittle toesie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts