What's new

NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I didnt watch the superbowl except for a couple bits and pieces and about 5min of the 4th quarter...oahu was nice lol

levi's turf sucked again, there was one video I saw of ware putting the panthers LG on some ice skates and pushing him back like 8 yards lol

iTarzan

18 is how many majors Jack Nicklaus won. LOL! Unless your sarcasm just went over my head.

Unless someone can counter the Babe Ruth/Cy Young theory I think I have this debate in hand.

When I was at "camp" for 6 months my cellmate was a black guy. He argued his favorite player Joe Dimaggio was better than my favorite player Frank Robinson. Then one day another guy came up to us and said we were the best thing there to help counter any racist thinking. We were like ...WHY?

He said you are white and argue so vehemently that a black player is better than a white player and the reverse was true for my roommate. Plus you both don't even know your doing it because you don't care about black and white.

Then he said but you both need to STFU because your driving everybody crazy.

A know I am driving people crazy again. I will stop.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
That just isn't true.

Ted Williams was better than Joe Dimaggio and had no rings.

Jim Brown is the greatest RB ever and has no rings and if he isn't Barry Sanders is and has no rings.

Wilt Chamberlin was better than Bill Russell.

If you go by your standards then you can not make a case that Brady is better than Terry Bradshaw. Truth be told they are equals as far as stats go too and the supporting defenses they had.

If you lead the NFL in TDs, passing yards and wins your are the Babe Ruth and Cy Young of the NFL. Manning is that and Brady is not.

You are really underestimating the importance of stats and overestimating the importance of rings. You need to factor in team.

A player that wins the batting title is the best hitter in the league not some hitter on the team that wins the world series.

This argument isn't even brought up in other sports. Teams win titles not individuals.

Brady couldn't hold Bradshaw's jock or Montanna's .either could Peyton....sorry but both those players have greatly benefited from todays qb friendly rules...If Brady * or Peyton played in the 70's and 80's neither would have a ring they would be back up's because they're both pussies.

iTarzan

Brady couldn't hold Bradshaw's jock or Montanna's .either could Peyton....sorry but both those players have greatly benefited from todays qb friendly rules...If Brady * or Peyton played in the 70's and 80's neither would have a ring they would be back up's because they're both pussies.

And that brings me back to Johnny Unitas. Bradshaw and Montana couldn't hold his jock either. They had it easy because the rules were already pussified. He still has many records if you go by per attempt. The seasons were shorter. He got bloodied all the time.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
And that brings me back to Johnny Unitas. Bradshaw and Montana couldn't hold his jock either. They had it easy because the rules were already pussified. He still has many records if you go by per attempt. The seasons were shorter. He got bloodied all the time.

Johnny was tough I'll give ya that but you can't say Bradshaw can't hold his jock....Johnny ever take one like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4DLKXyLmk

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
18 is how many majors Jack Nicklaus won. LOL! Unless your sarcasm just went over my head.

LOL no, I guess I was the one that had it go over my head, I'm not too well versed with golf, obviously hahaha...but I do know that tiger woods likes to "knock em dead tiger" LOL

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Certainly the rules protect players better now than 10, 20, 30 years ago. Does anyone recall a player named Night Train Lane? He liked to clothesline opponents about the head and shoulders, ball carriers, QBs, didn't matter. A move totally illegal today, it was called a Night Train Necktie back then.
If the rules have 'pussified' the game, it's because players are bigger and stronger and faster than theyve ever been. Remember when William 'Refrigerator' Perry stood out because he was a 300 pounder? That was in the mid 80's.
Now, the average weight of a lineman (offensive or interior defensive) is 300 lbs. These guys are force feeding themselves in order to get bigger and bigger. And the PEDs everyone is doing means everyones not just bigger, they're stronger and faster too.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, da Bears won one more game this year than last year, so that's progress, right?
Jay Cutler had an efficient, low turnover season, but unfortunately his offensive coordinator, adam gase, is now the head coach of the dolphins, so who knows what will happen with him next year.
The bears draft 11th this season. Kevin White, their 1st rounder last year, missed the entire season with a leg injury but should be ready to go this year, so that's encouraging.
Maybe 8-8 is a possibility for 2016. :woohoo:
Not every team can be the patriots or the broncos or the packers...

R

!RA!

Jock holding is overrated. I'm sure Brady's much happier holding his 4 Lombardis. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.