What's new

NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
cool, at least we're on the same page. I love vernon from the singletary benching up until 2013...then he became a non factor that looked like he was only there to collect a paycheck...the catch vs the saints was the biggest highlight in VD's career imho.

I think I saw that bam davis was planning on coming back in april, and is filing the paperwork to come out of retirement...

Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil was the standout OL imho, he looked solid, and he made all the drills look like they were second nature...he was suspended for 7 games because his stepfather is a punk bitch that can't keep his mouth shut apparently LOL

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Vernon left his heart, and his hands, in san francisco.
He did however pick up a nice piece of jewelry in denver.

Anthony davis took a year off to get healthy, physically and mentally.
Maybe Chris Borland will decide he's ok after all and come back as well...

Laremy Tunsil might be the #1 overall pick.
Ezekiel Elliot from ohio state ran under 4.5, he might be a 1st round pick.
Derrick Henry ran just over a 4.5, impressive at his size, but still might not be a 1st rounder.

R

!RA!

Sure would love to see Henry don the Flying Elvis, but I'm not sure he's there when they pick at 60, or if BB would move up for him. Still thinking they may go OL or ILB, PLEASE REPLACE CANNON!!!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
How about Jaylon Smith from notre dame to the Patriots? He tore his knee up in his bowl game, and supposedly there's concern that there's nerve damage in the knee, affecting its healing.
He was a top ten draft pick before getting hurt. With the injury concerns, he could be a value pick in a lower round.

Is there still an outside chance that the patriots get their 1st round pick back, or is that not an issue with the brady appeal? I guess if it's brady's case, it only deals with his suspension...

Had a bit of a look at the qb's at the combine. Not sure how much you can tell when these guys are throwing routes with no defenders mucking things up, they all looked pretty accurate, and if a throw was off, the next one was better.
Carson Wentz looked alright, maybe better than the others. Goff looked alright too, his tiny hands didnt seem to hurt him too much but of course it was inside a dome.

R

!RA!

Smith would be a decent choice assuming the knee checks out, but I'm guessing BB would be a bit more cautious than usual with the way Easely's knee has been. Goodell's not giving the picks back. Would love to be wrong about this, but Kraft agreed to the sanction.

PaullyHighBred

Yeah there's no chance Pats get their picks back... On the plus side there is more and more rumblings from owners about Goodell...

Goodell is going to get the shit kicked out of him on the Brady appeal again, The NFL is 'more probably than not' going to lose all 3 of their appeals this yr. and the CBA as written will essentially be null and void...

I really think Goodell will be gone before 2020...

Although as per usual, it will probably be the fans who get fucked again, when the new CBA "negotiations" lead to another lockout...

PaullyHighBred

Oh and the Pats just locked Brady up with another extension...:party:

I've got a funny feeling Garoppolo is gonna be on the trading block for pics this yr... Texans 2nd rounder for Jimmy Grapes???

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Oh and the Pats just locked Brady up with another extension...:party:

I've got a funny feeling Garoppolo is gonna be on the trading block for pics this yr... Texans 2nd rounder for Jimmy Grapes???

no team is gonna spend a 2nd on a guy who's never played a meaningful snap in the NFL not one but hey you are allowed to dream.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I think the niners gave up a 6th for gabbert...gorropolo is and will be nothing more than a cheap backup- until his rookie deal is done, at which point he gets cut and rex picks him up to resurrect the dolphins

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, I suppose thats a good thing the pats dont have a 1st round pick this year, else there surely would be no stopping them next yeawr, right guys? amiright?:stfu:

Goodell will be gone, and next commissioner will be someone who... listens to the owners more?

A lockout can be entertaining. Especially if it ends and we have a shortened season. all sorts of crazy stuff happens during a short season. cutler superbowl, anyone?

If garappalo is the next brady, then trading even a 1st round pick for him is a steal.

Bradys extension carries him through age 42. I guess brett favre had a pretty darn good year in his 40's, when he had a good line and running game with the vikings. So, maybe not too crazy to think brady could still be slinging it well at 42...

Whadeez, which would you rather have now, that 6th round pick back or gabbert?
And if the 49ers dont trade kaepernick, does kaepernick hold out or play good soldier?

iTarzan

March 3, 2016

"The evidence of ball tampering is compelling if not overwhelming," Chin said, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

It got worse for Brady though. There were questions about Brady destroying his cell phone, which his camp has long argued was moot because NFL investigators told them they didn't physically need it. "Brady's explanation made no sense," Judge Parker said, according to reports. "They weren't credible."

Referring to Brady's "obstruction" of the investigation and Brady's destruction of his cell phone, Parker asked, "Couldn't the commissioner suspend Brady for that conduct alone?"

Deflator, Parker asked, "Does every team have a person called the deflator?"

iTarzan

"How do we simply second-guess a four-game suspension?" Chin asked Kessler.

The judges quizzed Kessler about Brady's destruction of his cellphone, with Parker saying "the cellphone issue raised the stakes ... from air in a football to compromising the integrity of the proceeding.''

''Goodell is effectively the judge, the juror and executioner,'' Parker told NFL attorney Paul Clement, though he quickly added that executioner ''is not the right word.''

Clement said Goodell was the right person to preside over the proceedings because the dispute began as a conflict between two teams over ball deflation.

iTarzan

March 3, 2016

Good times. LOL!

It won't be going back to Berman either.

It will be over before the season starts. He might get suspended for the entire year now. They actually filled conflicting arguments in both the original and now the appeal. Brady also basically lied to the original court by maintaining the lies the appeal court does not believe now and the very reason that Goodell suspended him for.

Brady is toast now. Burnt toast!

iTarzan

This could be my favorite because Pats fans would say that fans saying this would just be haters. This might have been most maddening to me because it was such a blatantly crazy reason. Well he was losing weight so we called him the deflator is still #1. LOL!

After one of the judges said the destruction of the cell phone elevated the case from deflated footballs to an issue of obstruction, Kessler sought to explain the reason Brady typically destroys his used cell phones, citing privacy concerns. But Kessler was cut off.

"With all due respect," Judge Barrington Parker Jr. said. "Mr. Brady's explanation made no sense whatsoever."

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Well, I suppose thats a good thing the pats dont have a 1st round pick this year, else there surely would be no stopping them next yeawr, right guys? amiright?:stfu:

Goodell will be gone, and next commissioner will be someone who... listens to the owners more?

A lockout can be entertaining. Especially if it ends and we have a shortened season. all sorts of crazy stuff happens during a short season. cutler superbowl, anyone?

If garappalo is the next brady, then trading even a 1st round pick for him is a steal.

Bradys extension carries him through age 42. I guess brett favre had a pretty darn good year in his 40's, when he had a good line and running game with the vikings. So, maybe not too crazy to think brady could still be slinging it well at 42...

Whadeez, which would you rather have now, that 6th round pick back or gabbert?
And if the 49ers dont trade kaepernick, does kaepernick hold out or play good soldier?

well considering what the niners have done with 6th round picks recently, I wouldn't say we got the worst deal, BUT considering gabbert was definitely going to hit free agency as the worst qb to play the game in recent memory I'd say we overpaid.

kaep is a competitor; if he's around for training camp, I imagine that he will do absolutely everything within his realm of control to beat out "sunshine". who will also be doing everything he can to beat out kaep...either way, which ever one wins that battle will have definitely fought for it. I hope this coaching staff operates on a meritocracy though, and good players get the start, bottom line.

iTarzan

By not trading Kaep the 49ers are telling him they want him. It will sink in and hopefully he plays like he knows he is wanted in San Fran.

If SF drafts another QB then Kaep will always be looking over his shoulder even if he beats the new guy out this year. He could just ignore it, play hard and increase his appeal to other teams or SF.

They did pay you so ride it out and try to win the starters job.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I honestly think at this point gabbert is huge trade bait, he's shown that he can at least not cost your team the game. 9ers initial investment on him was minimal, and his value has gone up, and younger with high cieling or older with more vet leadership and experience can both be had for less..

Gabbert to Los Angeles Rams perhaps??? they dont have a ton of options(keenum currently) but the irony of rg3 potentially landing there is also something to watch out for LOL and then kaep vs gabbert would be a new story line for the nfl to push...I can't wait to see the 9ers play in the colosseum this year!

I think the nature of the nfl is you're always looking over your shoulder regardless of who you are, there is NO loyalty in this game..I don't see the niners going qb with #7 though, if we sign another mid tier vet FA QB before the draft than gabbert or kaep will get traded, my guess is gabbert. we can always cut kaep if he doesn't get his act together this season under kelly's qb friendly system, and ride the vet to next years 1st rd pick.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Would anyone give up a pick for gabbert? I guess 6th round, maybe 5th? You saw him play more than i did, maybe there's potential there that i havent seen. Although he did beat the bears on a couple of big 4th qtr plays...

Peyton is announcing his retirement today at a broncos news conference. He's probably the best QB of my generation, 1 or 1A to Tom Brady. Had better stats but fewer rings.
Maybe in 10 or 15 years we'll hear about his son playing college football and going to the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.