What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the niners could technically make up a package deal with gabbert and a 6th for OL or some other position of need...there are enough qb needy teams that would at least take a flyer on gabbert i think, his current contract isnt very expensive but I dont know how much time is left on the deal...gabbert to the boys? jerrah says he's not going qb in the 1st round...

I did not like watching gabbert start last season, at all...the games were almost hard to watch they were so boring by the end of the season...more trying not to lose(just to look competitive if could even call it that) than trying to win

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Peyton is announcing his retirement today at a broncos news conference. He's probably the best QB of my generation, 1 or 1A to Tom Brady. Had better stats but fewer rings.
Maybe in 10 or 15 years we'll hear about his son playing college football and going to the league...

i hope his son takes up the game. in the meantime, i don't have a team to root for. i HATE the Titans in spite of them being in-state here. i liked Denver before they signed Peyton, may just keep pulling for them. no chance of supporting the Colts or Dallas. maybe Washington just to spite folks that want them to change their name. GO, REDSKINS...:tiphat:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
i hope his son takes up the game. in the meantime, i don't have a team to root for. i HATE the Titans in spite of them being in-state here. i liked Denver before they signed Peyton, may just keep pulling for them. no chance of supporting the Colts or Dallas. maybe Washington just to spite folks that want them to change their name. GO, REDSKINS...:tiphat:

Maybe cooper has a kid that's almost in high school now, so after Eli it wont be too long before a Manning III appears in the NFL.
Washington has a lot of fans, and you can carry a hatchet and say youre a redskin. War paint, feathers, lsd, you know, what all the real redskins did back in the day.

If you're not going to be an Oilers fan (yes, that is what the titans were before houston got the texans) then at least be thankful you dont live in kentucky.
Bit of south of the border humor for you folks.

Keep kaep and gabbert and draft goff with the #7 overall, after wentz goes to the browns at #2? Avoid missing out on another local college product that could be your franchise guy for the next 12-15 years?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
denver wants kaep now that oswieller is going to the texans...I say give em gabbert and grab sanchez as our backup lol....man, the offseason is too fucking dramatic.

PaullyHighBred

Texans are giving Brock 72 mil or 18 a yr.... WTF

I guess if he pans out as franchise qb its a good deal but for a kid with 11 career TDs and 6 INT seems like a bit of a reach...

jesbuds

Hahaha someone updated Trevor Siemian's wikipedia page today:

As of March 9th, 2016, he is the team's starting quarterback following the retirement of Peyton Manning and move of Brock Osweiler to the Houston Texans. And he will lead the Denver Broncos to a repeat as Superbowl 51 Champions.

Gotta love someone's sense of humor.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
hell na EZ! lol rg-knee?

if kaep goes than the 9ers will be going with gabbert as the starter unfortunately...just signed thad lewis today, not a bad thing since he's got some time in kelly's system already(although no snaps iirc.) so much for making a splash in free agency lol

baalke's gonna have to work some magic in the draft...

pats kickin the tires on anquan boldin...he's a badass, wish him the best wherever he lands although I'd be happier if he stayed with the niners, at this point in his career he could probably benefit from dropping 15lbs or so just to get a little more pep in his step...but he wins the battle for contested balls more often than not so the separation isn't as necessary.

R

!RA!

Wouldn't mind seeing Boldin go to the Pats, a last hurrah kind of thing might be good for him. I was hoping for Sanu, but looks like Atlanta is offering $7M a year so I doubt Krafty will pony up that kinda loot.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
totally, what receiver in the game wouldn't want at least one season catching balls from tom brady? I cant say that if he landed there I'd be rooting for him to get a ring though.

if kaep did wind up in denver it would be kinda funny to see kaep vs smith twice a year.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
^^^straight up! but if we can turn a profit on having him in the wings for two season than it was a good move regardless of how terrible he is. I don't know if it was rose colored homer glasses but I think he played better for the 9ers than he ever did for the jags

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Bears signed Danny Trevathan from the Broncos at LB and Bobby Massie from the Cardinals at RT.
Good moves for them, bears are trying to get a competent linebacking corp and signing Massie allows Kyle long to move back to guard or maybe even left tackle...

Osweiler is getting starter money, 18 mil a year with 9 mil guaranteed a year for 4 years (37M in guarantees). Yeah, that's a big contract for someone who's only started for half a season. But the texans were desperate and didnt have the draft capital for a good rookie QB so it was Osweiler or Fitzpatrick, and theyve already done Fitzy...

Speaking of which, I guess Fitzpatrick is hoping for low end QB starter money (17-18M a year) from the Jets, after years of working on smaller, 1 or 2 year contracts. He's holding pretty firm too, and could easily sign elsewhere (Denver) if he can't agree with the jets...

It will be interesting to see where Kaepernick lands, as well as Robert Griffin. Maybe they'll get their careers back on track or maybe we wont hear from them again...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
still hoping that niners are asking a kings ransom for him, that way we either keep him or we get grossly compensated..I just want gabbert gone hahaha...fucking 9ers....fucking yorks...why eddie D?...why?

you'd think after letting boone walk that we'd at least be kicking the tires on a couple interior lineman in FA, but no.

mowood3479

Veteran
Wouldn't it be manning IV ? Archie, Peyton, Eli ....?
The nba has like at least 5 or 6 kids of former nba players right now (Stephen and his brother curry, Klay Thompson, Tim hard away jr, the nance, I know there are a few more..
Maybe cooper has a kid that's almost in high school now, so after Eli it wont be too long before a Manning III appears in the NFL.
Washington has a lot of fans, and you can carry a hatchet and say youre a redskin. War paint, feathers, lsd, you know, what all the real redskins did back in the day.

If you're not going to be an Oilers fan (yes, that is what the titans were before houston got the texans) then at least be thankful you dont live in kentucky.
Bit of south of the border humor for you folks.

Keep kaep and gabbert and draft goff with the #7 overall, after wentz goes to the browns at #2? Avoid missing out on another local college product that could be your franchise guy for the next 12-15 years?

PaullyHighBred

Maybe they'll get their careers back on track or maybe we wont hear from them again...

I dunno about kaep, at least I think he has a shot if he sticks w/ 9ers or lucks his way to Denver,

but RGIII is finished - he's got that Vince Young stink on him... some team will give him a chance as a back up for a yr or 2 I'm sure but other then a great rook yr (thanks mostly to healthy legs) he never showed any sign of developing into a productive qb... too busy building his 'brand' I guess...

iTarzan

Kaep wants to be traded to Cleveland. Not joking that is what he wants.

RGIII has a few teams interested. He wants to play for the Rams.

Denver just traded for Sanchez from the Eagles. Denver will be led by the butt fumbler.

Denver let their team fall apart now. They won't be back to a SB for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts