What's new

~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~Pure & Blue Mystic~

luv2garden

Man oh Man KJ!!
Those Petunia buds are looking really DELISH :yummy: with all those pretty foxtails we all love :respect:

Lets have a drink to celebrate :friends:

Luv2:joint:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
thouse buds look fucken great. looken so yummy to my tummy.
looks like somthing u see in high times.

:yoinks:

Well, well...High Times you say? Wow...thanks for the compliment. I just wish our photography skills (and hardware) were up to snuff to do them justice. I can't say I agree with your comparison cheesebuds, but I must say they do look pretty damn good for our first grow. We're happy with them anyway.

White

Well, my friend, how does it feel to be so close to harvest? It's kind of bitter sweet to see this grow come to an end. But I'm glad to have been along for the ride. I'm sure your buds will repay your love to them in kind.

I appreciate your humbleness and genuine love for your plants, it's inspiring. And of course I must honor QueenKief, you two are so lucky to have each other.

I'm glad to have been here for the journey and I can't wait to see where the future leads and what great grows await. Stay up and stay safe.

Peace,
White

K.J

Veteran
Well, my friend, how does it feel to be so close to harvest? It's kind of bitter sweet to see this grow come to an end. But I'm glad to have been along for the ride. I'm sure your buds will repay your love to them in kind.

I appreciate your humbleness and genuine love for your plants, it's inspiring. And of course I must honor QueenKief, you two are so lucky to have each other.

I'm glad to have been here for the journey and I can't wait to see where the future leads and what great grows await. Stay up and stay safe.

Wow White, what nice words. I'll for sure tell QK! It is a bit bitter sweet, but exciting as hell all at once. This certainly won't be our last grow. We have plans for our next one, which probably involves picking up some clones instead of using our seed stock so we can save a few weeks time. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we still have harvest time to come!

j.guit.err

KJ, just stopping in to drool over your buds. I've had to be sober and not growing for a bit, and man do yours make me want to start again! Soon enough...but damn those look good, well done sir!

I2KanGrow

Wow, K.J, I haven't been around for a bit sorry to say, I can't believe the progress you have made with your girls - BRAVO!!!!

K.J

Veteran
j.guit.err: I know how that is, I too quit for years. You'll be back on the saddle soon enough! Glad you found something to like about our ladies.

I2KanGrow: Glad to have you back around, thanks for the compliments. Don't be a stranger.

przcvctm

K.J.
Would mind taking post-harvest pics of your root ball after unwrapping the pots? I ordered a few Air-Pots and am curious to see if your roots are as advertised.

Great grow and thread, btw.

K.J

Veteran
K.J.
Would mind taking post-harvest pics of your root ball after unwrapping the pots? I ordered a few Air-Pots and am curious to see if your roots are as advertised.

Great grow and thread, btw.

I sure will take a pic, but it'll have to be when Purdy is done. Thanks for the compliments!

K.J

Veteran
Day 72 of flower; HARVEST time!

Day 72 of flower; HARVEST time!

Well it's finally come down to this, harvest time! We took both BillieJean and Baby, as well as Petunia down on day 72 of flower. I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time and it paid off spectacularly. Being able to sit down for an hour or two, turn on some tunes, get medicated and spend intimate time with my lady trimming our medicine was just divine. To feel the stickiness on your fingers, smell the amazing bouquet of aroma's coming off of the freshly cut plants, taste the resins in the air...such a wonderfully soul healing activity.

It went quicker than I thought it might. All of them were fairly easy to trim, with the Blue Mystic's being the most tedious due to their higher leaf to calyx ratio (that's the Blue family coming out in them). Petunia went a bit quicker because she had a much higher calyx to leaf ratio. We trimmed of anything that didn't have a good amount of trich's covering it, or at least trimmed it back to the point where the trich's started blanketing the leaf. I'm not sure how much trim we ended up with, but it wasn't much, and what was there wasn't that impressive so we didn't even bother saving it for cooking.

I'll let the pics do most of the talking here, as they really do say it all. We hung them to dry on twine inside of a cardboard box. We put the box inside our currently out-of-order vegetation room to dry so that the aroma's would be taken care of by our carbon filter. We will dry them this way until they are at about 30-35% of their fresh cut wet weight, and then we'll move them into Mason jars for curing, which will go another 2 weeks minimum, I'd imagine. I'll probably take a sample after their first dry in the box, then not again until cured at least 2 weeks.

So, how much did we end up with you ask? Well, here you go:

BillieJean: 37g
Baby: 39g
Petunia: 64g

If the usual rule of thumb holds up, we'll end up with about 35g from these three alone, and likely another 25-30 from Purdy (that's my dry weigh guess for her, we'll see). If that holds true, our entire first grow would yield around 60 grams, just over 2 ounces. Certainly that's far, far less than what I hoped to pull in. Based on prior research, we thought we might be able to pull out 5oz per grow, or more in this cab. Chalk it up to beginners mistakes, I suppose. We'll improve and come back stronger next grow!

Biggest mistakes we made/challenges for the plants:

1) not lowering the light as close as possible from the get go.
2) not watering (molasses, LK, EWC) more often during flower.
3) low temps during the first 1/2 of flower period.
4) putting the sprouts into hotter soil than intended.
5) other things we'll think of.

I still think the cab and our system is a good one, we just need to tighten it up and we'll be pulling more out of her in no time! That said, this isn't a final report by any means as we still have Purdy doing her thing; she'll be ready by next weekend we hope. We pulled the other girls when they were at least 50% cloudy, with maybe a few amber trich's, so we'll do the same with Purdy.

On to the pics! Sorry, no pics of Purdy this time as we totally forgot to take one before closing the cab up.

Baby & BillieJean before chop, Day 72 of flower (5 17 09)

picture.php

Petunia before chop, Day 72 of flower (5 17 09)

picture.php

Baby & BillieJean on the trimming table (5 17 09)

picture.php

Baby & BillieJean after trim, (5 17 09)

picture.php

Petunia after trim, (5 17 09)

picture.php

Baby, BillieJean and Petunia's harvest drying in the box (5 17 09)

picture.php

T

teerull

wow... simply amazing!
looking forward to your next harvests! I'm sure you'll be able to do even better then! I can't imagine if you'll be able to get any better quality though, this looks as mind blowing as it can get! :smoker:

Hope you'll share a smoke report soon!

peace,
T:joint:

luv2garden

Yeah KJ!!

You guys did a terrific job for your first grow buddy!
You should be proud of your accomplishment.
I hope you enjoy the fruits of your harvest, and I enjoyed your grow journal throughout! Looking forward to your next grow.
I especially like that Petunia she looks like she has a beautiful blue/purple tint to her and super chunky!!
Can't wait for your smoke report, nothing like smoking your first harvest.

L2G

K.J

Veteran
teerull: Mucho gracias! You're right, even though our yields don't appear to be going the way we'd like, the quality sure looks to be! Only time and a first toke will tell. Stay tuned, Purdy is still to come.

luv2garden: Aww, shucks...thanks. We are definitely proud of our accomplishments with this cab and first grow, we're just glad we have a community to share it with! Petunia indeed looks nice, and the purple hue turned out pretty. The pics of the BM's don't show just how frosty they really are...maybe when dried we'll take some more shots. Smoke report coming soon enough!

K.J

Veteran
#1cheesebuds: Thanks cheese! We learned from the best here at IC!

ScrubNinja: Thanks for the kind words and for dropping in!

j.guit.err: Danke, and thank you for sticking around.