What's new

~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~Pure & Blue Mystic~

B

banjobrain

Hey KJ! It's been a long time!

I've been working my ass off lately and haven't had time to check in at IC until now...

My, how time flies! I am so happy to see the progress that you made. Your plants look great. I read that you weren't real pleased with the yields that you had, but my friend - regardless of the yields...you are smoking your own homegrown. The sense of pride that accompanies that must be incredible.

Like many others have said, once we get a couple of grows under our belt (and once I get a single grow under mine...:wallbash:), we'll have our systems dialed in and will be pulling yields we never thought possible!

Next time I purchase seeds, I think I will look for "The Pure." Sounds like you are very happy with the end result and it seems like many others second that.

Well, take care KJ! We'll see you around!

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Well, can you describe the Air-Pot rootball then?

My apologies for not posting a picture of this yet. The two pots that I've emptied so far haven't been the best for pictures. The roots are so fine, and the soil so dark and rich, that you can hardly see them. But, you can feel them all throughout the soil; they hold nearly the entire pot of soil together and you have to tear off chunks of the soil, if that makes sense. I have two more pots to empty, and the soil in these two is very dry, so they may make better pictures. I'll post one if so.

That said, the roots are very well developed, there is NO circling of the pot, the AP definitely works as advertised. Now, that isn't saying they're better than any other pot out there, I'd have to do a proper comparison to claim that. But I had a great experience with them and would recommend them to any grower.

This next run we're using the cloth Smart Pots so that we can fit 6 plants in our flower room. With the Air Pots we have (5 gallon) we can only fit 4 pots in the flower room.

K.J

Veteran
Hey KJ! It's been a long time!

I've been working my ass off lately and haven't had time to check in at IC until now...

My, how time flies! I am so happy to see the progress that you made. Your plants look great. I read that you weren't real pleased with the yields that you had, but my friend - regardless of the yields...you are smoking your own homegrown. The sense of pride that accompanies that must be incredible.

Like many others have said, once we get a couple of grows under our belt (and once I get a single grow under mine...:wallbash:), we'll have our systems dialed in and will be pulling yields we never thought possible!

Next time I purchase seeds, I think I will look for "The Pure." Sounds like you are very happy with the end result and it seems like many others second that.

Well, take care KJ! We'll see you around!

It has been a long time Banjo! Glad to see you back around IC. We were disappointed in the yield, but that didnt' take away ANY of our excitement at the quality of our homegrown. And of course, smoking your own homegrown is the ultimate reward. As for the Pure, we are extremely happy with it and we're glad we ended up with that as one of our first strains. That isn't to discount the Blue Mystic, because they're wonderful too, if only slightly less so.

Good luck on getting your grow going again. I'll be on the lookout.

snoogans

Kief Junkie and Queen Kief!
Great job you guys! Thank you so much for the sample, I was really impressed with the depth of color, the flavor, smell and taste! It was REALLY good! Keep up the good work, throw some more wattage in there if you can. I love when people keep precise records like you guys did, enjoy the new genetics. I didn't get a chance to flower the varieties you picked up that day so keep records for me, will ya? Again, great job!
R

K.J

Veteran
Kief Junkie and Queen Kief!
Great job you guys! Thank you so much for the sample, I was really impressed with the depth of color, the flavor, smell and taste! It was REALLY good! Keep up the good work, throw some more wattage in there if you can. I love when people keep precise records like you guys did, enjoy the new genetics. I didn't get a chance to flower the varieties you picked up that day so keep records for me, will ya? Again, great job!
R

Yo Snoogs! So good to see you here man, didn't know you were still following this.

Thanks so much for the great feedback, it's always nice to know what a fellow medical patient thinks about our homegrown medicine. I wish we could have left more behind, but as you can see, we didn't end up with much. Next time I see you I'll for sure get you a sample of our other girls.

I'd love to put more wattage in. We can't do it just yet, but maybe by next run we'll either add more side lighting, or replace the 250 with a 400 (I think our cab can handle the extra heat).

And hey, you want records on these new strains? I can't say they're going to be as detailed as I'd like them to be, but we'll be documenting our grow just like we did this time. Come visit our new journal, it's linked in my sig line below.

briguy

As promised, a pic of the final product. These are the crowns of the main cola's on each plant. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Yummy!

The final product: Purdy, BillieJean, Petunia and Baby (L-R)

picture.php

Very Nice...

K.J

Veteran
Thanks briguy! It went quick, unfortunately. I've got just the one crown you see of Petunia remaining.

K.J

Veteran
Thought I'd bump this old thread up for all the new green thumbs who haven't seen it and may benefit from the details on setting up this 250W NGB style cab grow. I've been absent for a bit, but hope to be back more frequently, so if you have any questions, fire away!

Happy grows into the New Year!

K.J

Veteran
Are you growing now? Perpetual yet?!?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Hey Bork! Thanks for popping in.

We are growing again, thankfully. We just popped 7 of TFD's Pure beans and hope to get at least 4-6 girls. They're sitting between paper towels right now, and at least a few already have tails, so I hope to be putting them into cubes tonight. I'm working right now on preparing both the seedling soil and the ferted soil (still needs to cook a bit and have a few more things added to it, since I'm reusing the soil from last grow).

As for perpetual, we did finally finish the light traps/ventilation between the two rooms, so theoretically it's ready for use as a perpetual system. We still need to paint the new doors on the cab, but that shouldn't take long. We didn't add any light this remodel, but I think I'm going to either add light to this one, or possibly even start work on a new and improved cabinet...we'll see how ambitious I am this winter.

We're going to be trying the veg room out for the first time as soon as these seedlings are ready to go! Wish us luck. I'll be starting a new journal when the time is right, so keep your eyes out.

K.J

Veteran
is the pure skunk#1 from samtheskunkman?

The Pure is from The Flying Dutchman (TFD). I'm doing a grow now with the same beans...in fact, just harvested one of the plants (still 2 left in flower that are coming down this week). Check it out at the links in my sig. Thanks for dropping in to my older journals!