What's new

~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~Pure & Blue Mystic~

White

Yummy!

The final product: Purdy, BillieJean, Petunia and Baby (L-R)

picture.php

Just wanted to see that picture again :)

I just started Nirvanas White Widow also, best of luck with it.

Peace,
White

G

guest 77721

Congrats on a successfull first grow and an awesome cab build too!

I just had my first taste of the homegrown too after a long break.

Smoking your own is the best!!!

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
White, I2KanGrow and redgreenry: Thank you all for stopping in to say hello! And we're very thankful of the kind comments you all left. :joint:

No updates on the new grow yet, some other things got in the way this weekend and we made no progress on the cab or picking up our clones. It HAS to be done by this coming weekend though, so updates and a new journal soon!

K.J

Veteran
Well, finally had the chance to try Purdy. She's been jarred for over 2 weeks now. What can I say, she's a lot like Petunia. The only thing missing is Petunia's indescribably yummy flavor and fruity aroma (Purdy has her own nice aroma, more on the lemony side). But the effect and potency is about the same, maybe a tad less potent, but not usually noticeably so. She's a top shelfer for sure and I'm glad she yielded higher than the others.

The BM's have mellowed out some and are taking on interesting new flavors, but still a little harsh (though less so, for sure). Still winners; they definitely have hints of their blue family in them.

Petunia though is still my favorite! She isn't going to last long unfortunately. Hopefully I have more of her in the seedpack still!

algrow12

well I must say you did very well for your first run. I chopped my pure today and so far the smell of it is just like yours. I cant really tell what fruit it smells like with the undertone of the skunk after the fruit smell. I had a better yield then yours I got about 130 grams wet.I took it in two cuttings letting the lower buds go for 2 weeks longer then the main cola. Here's a pic of the lower buds before the chop i have a few more pics in my album theres a close up or two.

K.J

Veteran
well I must say you did very well for your first run. I chopped my pure today and so far the smell of it is just like yours. I cant really tell what fruit it smells like with the undertone of the skunk after the fruit smell. I had a better yield then yours I got about 130 grams wet.I took it in two cuttings letting the lower buds go for 2 weeks longer then the main cola. Here's a pic of the lower buds before the chop i have a few more pics in my album theres a close up or two.

Wow, great yield. You're going to be happy with the Pure, for sure. I just really love it as a good overall, everyday, anytime medicine.

growMEDS

Hey KJ :smile:

Thought I'd come over here instead of boggin down L2G's thread.

You said it's warm on your hand? How was it with the glass? Is your hood vented?
I can put my backhand against the glass and it's barely warm with a fan blowing at the canopy.

I think mine are starting to swell nicely. I keep the light pretty low.
I'm about 5 above ambient with lights on.

K.J

Veteran
Hey KJ :smile:

Thought I'd come over here instead of boggin down L2G's thread.

You said it's warm on your hand? How was it with the glass? Is your hood vented?
I can put my backhand against the glass and it's barely warm with a fan blowing at the canopy.

I think mine are starting to swell nicely. I keep the light pretty low.
I'm about 5 above ambient with lights on.

We never tried it with the glass because it seemed so tame, temperature wise, without it. It is a vented hood, but it's not directly connected to vents since the glass is removed.

And yeah, it's warm on my hand from about 10-12" away, which is how far off the canopy it was. Thing is, they didn't immediately claw when we moved the light down, it came on gradually, almost as if it were just an effect of the aging life of the plants. I'd have to go back and look at all the pics, but I'm pretty sure the clawing only occurred on the Pure's and not the Blue Mystics, so maybe it was something in the soil this particular strain was sensitive to? Or maybe this strain is more heat sensitive and the BM?

k.j sup,
i was looking at your pics and looking for the "heat stress" and they look a little different than what i have seen IME. usually heat stress will burn the edges of the leaf and canoe, what it looks like in your pics is that you have a canoe shape without the burn. that makes me think it would be more of a deficiency syndrome, but so late in flower i wouldn't worry in either case. at that point in flower most of those leaves are done doing there deed.

very nice first time grow, didn't read all 33 pages but have lurked for a while. keep it green!

K.J

Veteran
k.j sup,
i was looking at your pics and looking for the "heat stress" and they look a little different than what i have seen IME. usually heat stress will burn the edges of the leaf and canoe, what it looks like in your pics is that you have a canoe shape without the burn. that makes me think it would be more of a deficiency syndrome, but so late in flower i wouldn't worry in either case. at that point in flower most of those leaves are done doing there deed.

very nice first time grow, didn't read all 33 pages but have lurked for a while. keep it green!

I'm with you, mine looks more like a deficiency. Thanks for the feedback!

growMEDS

I would suggest trying the glass and vent the hood.

You should then get the bulb about 6" or even less from the tallest colas.

K.J

Veteran
I would suggest trying the glass and vent the hood.

You should then get the bulb about 6" or even less from the tallest colas.

I'll see if it does it again this run, if so I'll back the light off a bit first.

check out that big post i made in luv3g's thread, you can improve your light effectiveness with using glass and putting it closer to the plants. moving the light higher causes loss in intensity. i wrote that cause i seen you two talking about using glass or not. also helps to control temp in the room if air cooled.

I had to visit this thread because I misread the title while scanning for new posts and mistakenly read QUEEF.

That is all. Carry on.

K.J

Veteran
check out that big post i made in luv3g's thread, you can improve your light effectiveness with using glass and putting it closer to the plants. moving the light higher causes loss in intensity. i wrote that cause i seen you two talking about using glass or not. also helps to control temp in the room if air cooled.

I did read that post, thanks for the detailed reply. Initially this setup was intended to use the vented hood with glass intact, but once I figured out that our ventilation made that unnecessary, or so I thought, we took the glass off. Maybe next run (not the upcoming one, but the one after) we'll take some time to vent the hood correctly and whatnot. I think we'll try another run without it first and see what the results are. I'm still not convinced the clawing was from heat, because it just wasn't that hot under the light (and only the Pure ladies clawed, not the BM's).

K.J

Veteran
I had to visit this thread because I misread the title while scanning for new posts and mistakenly read QUEEF.

Thank is all. Carry on.

That's good stuff Schizo...I've thought that myself more than a few times. :smile:

I did read that post, thanks for the detailed reply. Initially this setup was intended to use the vented hood with glass intact, but once I figured out that our ventilation made that unnecessary, or so I thought, we took the glass off. Maybe next run (not the upcoming one, but the one after) we'll take some time to vent the hood correctly and whatnot. I think we'll try another run without it first and see what the results are. I'm still not convinced the clawing was from heat, because it just wasn't that hot under the light (and only the Pure ladies clawed, not the BM's).

i totally hear you there, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" cause those nugs you posted are looking prime! if you were running into temp issues, depending on area, i would change it now while it's empty. i'll look into the deficiency(if it is one) n let ya know what i find. i have had the same thing, always late flower so i was never very concerned. i didn't see any light bleaching which usually happens too.
:joint:
keep it green!

K.J

Veteran
i totally hear you there, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" cause those nugs you posted are looking prime! if you were running into temp issues, depending on area, i would change it now while it's empty. i'll look into the deficiency(if it is one) n let ya know what i find. i have had the same thing, always late flower so i was never very concerned. i didn't see any light bleaching which usually happens too.
:joint:
keep it green!

Thanks brotha! I appreciate the serious feedback. I didn't see any bleaching, at all. And again the clawing (or whatever it's called) occurred later in flowering and only to one of the two strains.