What's new

Legalizing pot IS taxing pot SAY NO TO SALES TAX

Grizvok

Yuck, that sounds like warehouse work. At that point you might as well be manufacturing shoes, clothing or twinkies. The love for growing top grade Cannabis goes out the window and it just becomes another job. Sounds like a nightmare. Sucks that we can't just decriminalize it instead of legalizing/taxing.

Decriminalization is THE worst idea out there in my opinion. Making it illegal to grow or sell yet legal to possess? Come on now, it just makes absolutely no sense.

We need a bill that allows personal growing and consumption (untaxed of course) and similar sales tax to all goods. As a simple example, I think every single person for cannabis legalization should fully support the current bill in Massachusetts. Does it have every single thing us pro-legalization people want? No, it doesn't. It contains copious amounts of taxes, but those things can be fought against later.

Simply put, the legalization of cannabis in a single state will be huge. It will push us over the edge. People need to realize it before they let their dumbfuck ideals get in the way of what the people truly crave. I'll take my civil liberties over money any day, Uncle Sam.

U

ureapwhatusow

seriously guys??? who doesnt cheat their taxes? some of the wealthiest people i know pay the least in taxes. 10+33% ? come on.... let them have the 10... who gives a fuck. the 33>>> nobody ever fully accoutns for everything. and if this DOES become legal,, that means you will be able to adjust your price cost by producing more and selling at a lower price due to a higher market deamand.

legalization = lower prices = more consumers = more consumption = lucriative profits

there is still a fucking ton of money to be made in this buisness LEGALLY. all you moronic high school flunkys slinging gram and 8th bags to the local school kids CAN NOT grasp this concept.

so your saying its ok to be felonious in your income tax as long as growing isnt

not only is it not relative to my point its wrong

please bring one real life example of an market item that went from illegal to legal?

I have one ALCOHOL

try becoming the next smirnoff

to enter that market you need big dollars,

see in your equation

legalization = lower prices = more consumers = more consumption = lucriative profits = big corporate conglomeration of market resources to capture market

just like local hardware shops fell to home depot and mom and pop video stores went to away when blockbuster took over

but face it your off point LEGALIZE POT BUT DON'T CHARGE SALES TAX

just like farmers can sell corn at the farm stand without sales tax i want the same for pot

whats so fucked up about that?

U

ureapwhatusow

Fuck it..let them tax it..

Legal cannabis costs next to nothing to produce. Shit i could pull tons of the stuff if it was legal...

fuck em let them tax it .... that the most apathetic defense yet .. nothing personal love lots of your post but this seems like you want your cake and you want to eat it to

if it was legal real businesses with real money woudl be way fucking ahead of you

you dont think 90% of the legal farmlands in america would convert to a 5000 lb crop people with millions of dollars of farming capital

has anyone really thought this past the magic garden they envision in their bedroom ????

U

ureapwhatusow

thats cool there will always be outlaws, if he gets pinched he pays a fine, if he gets away with it thats cool too. at leat no one has to be jailed....the gov.(i agree they are a type of mafia ) gets paid and we are all high!! what the fuck is the argument again????!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE

its about making pot legal without assigned a sales tax

not about legal vs illegal

my real underlying point is, sales tax should not be a deciding factor in llegalization since the potential increase in income taxes is greater an unaccounted for in these debates

this is how they get more than they need, you dont think they forecast the potential increase in income tax revenue?

U

ureapwhatusow

someones nightmare is anothers dream. i have 37 acres in a beautiful valley that is waiting to be stacked with greenhouses. 10 million to get started? not even close.....:joint:

so in other words you want everyone to pay tax so you can use your acres now

in other words basically your don't mind committing criminal acts and your motivation is convenience, you will simply charge patients more and cheat on your taxes which you see as less risky than growing

in other words your only in it for the money

peace

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
so your saying its ok to be felonious in your income tax as long as growing isnt

not only is it not relative to my point its wrong

please bring one real life example of an market item that went from illegal to legal?

I have one ALCOHOL

try becoming the next smirnoff

to enter that market you need big dollars,

see in your equation

legalization = lower prices = more consumers = more consumption = lucriative profits = big corporate conglomeration of market resources to capture market

just like local hardware shops fell to home depot and mom and pop video stores went to away when blockbuster took over

but face it your off point LEGALIZE POT BUT DON'T CHARGE SALES TAX

just like farmers can sell corn at the farm stand without sales tax i want the same for pot

whats so fucked up about that?

1. The government demanding 33% of my income is the real crime here. So NO, I dont have any remorse at not stating real income figures, neither does Ted Turner and the majority of business owners, both small and large.

2. Jack Daniels & Jim Bean... created in bathtubs in the south by drunk hillbillies. Now two of the wealthiest liquor companies on the market. oh and while were on it why not those two hippy stoners Ben&Jerry. Talk about rags2riches....

3. To enter the market you need capital, not Scrooge McDuck's indoor swimming pool full of gold coins.

4. Blockbuster was put out by netflix....

5. LET IT BE LEGAL. DECRIMINALIZATION IS THE MOST OBSURED THEORY I HAVE EVER HEARD. HOW CAN A SUBSTANCE BE LEGAL, BUT NOT ALLOWED TO BE PRODUCED OR SOLD...?????

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
so in other words you want everyone to pay tax so you can use your acres now
in other words your only in it for the money

Is there anybody in this world who will put their time and effort towards something and not expect to see a return. Your god damn right im in it for the money, the whole world is in everything for the money. Would you goto work tomorrow if they told you that you would no longer be recieving a salary...?

A

Amstel Light

5. LET IT BE LEGAL. DECRIMINALIZATION IS THE MOST OBSURED THEORY I HAVE EVER HEARD. HOW CAN A SUBSTANCE BE LEGAL, BUT NOT ALLOWED TO BE PRODUCED OR SOLD...?????

i dont see how the above statement does not make sence to you all? who the fuck is gonna buy weed from rj renolds or phillip morris? why would you need millions to start? because the perception that you would have to compete with larger companys? there would be no america if everyone thought like that.

A

Amstel Light

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE

its about making pot legal without assigned a sales tax

not about legal vs illegal

my real underlying point is, sales tax should not be a deciding factor in llegalization since the potential increase in income taxes is greater an unaccounted for in these debates

this is how they get more than they need, you dont think they forecast the potential increase in income tax revenue?
the fuck! there is nothing in the world bought and sold legally that is not taxed and or regulated!!! most of all this will be underground anyways, i think they should spend more time and money finding ways to regulate educate and tax the growers small and large.....will keep the riff raff out!

U

ureapwhatusow

1. 33% of my income is the real crime here. So NO, I dont have any remorse at not stating real income figures, neither does Ted Turner and the majority of business owners, both small and large.

using capitol assets to create tax shelters is seemingly unethical but not illegal, growing pot and selling it is, but the point is that by making it legal the increase in income tax which many people who observe the laws and will report as income far outweigh the sales tax.

according to you its ok if they tax 100 per 400 ounce (just round figure)

now if your so smart about hiding money, you know if you collect sales tax and pay it you have to pay income tax on those sales

now its 40-50% revenue to the government

if this is the case teh market must double in size for people like you who already do what you do TO BREAK FUCKING EVEN

but hey im not against tax im against tax without representation

2. Jack Daniels & Jim Bean... created in bathtubs in the south by drunk hillbillies. Now two of the wealthiest liquor companies on the market. oh and while were on it why not those two hippy stoners Ben&Jerry. Talk about rags2riches....

in the 1800 and early 1900s while the capital expansion was exploding and prohibition made gaps in the market

like i said make it totally legal there HEMP DEPOT wont pop up instantly, it will take a lil time for hedge fund managers to move capital assets to control that market

3. To enter the market you need capital, not Scrooge McDuck's indoor swimming pull of gold coins.

yeah well if you didn't have 35 acres that arent bringing revenue i wouldn't see capital as big as a hinderence initially anyway

if there is sales tax, that may bring around regulation which will require paying to grow, this could potential hurt personal med growers

your position seems very much related to your personal needs

4. Blockbuster was put out by netflix....

how much start up capital did netflix get to get started? I don;lt think some kid from so cal with some code and an dream started it

IT BE LEGAL. DECRIMINALIZATION IS THE MOST OBSURED THEORY I HAVE EVER HEARD. HOW CAN A SUBSTANCE BE LEGAL, BUT NOT ALLOWED TO BE PRODUCED OR SOLD...?????
[/QUOTE]

see this is the issue, this thread has nothing to do with not legalizing, I want it legal, like corn lettuce or wheat, I just dont think they have justified a sales tax

you can hide more money in a business if you dont have to collect and report sales tax so if your gonna fudge the rules have a good idea of how things work

U

ureapwhatusow

the fuck! there is nothing in the world bought and sold legally that is not taxed and or regulated!!! most of all this will be underground anyways, i think they should spend more time and money finding ways to regulate educate and tax the growers small and large.....will keep the riff raff out!

really

you pay sales tax on food at the supermarket?

how bout on health care?

you pay tax on your prescriptions?

paying for regulation is not sales tax

paying for certification to grow certified medical pot, to protect peoples safety is fine ..

but charging money on every bag just so they can have income

WTF really WTF thats all i can say

the world, the usa in fact works like it already its ok if pot goes the same route as medicine instead of tobacco

or do you think its more dangerous than it is helpful?

U

ureapwhatusow

Is there anybody in this world who will put their time and effort towards something and not expect to see a return. Your god damn right im in it for the money, the whole world is in everything for the money. Would you goto work tomorrow if they told you that you would no longer be recieving a salary...?

no

but in America we should have to pay big brother for permission

pay them to do something like make sure people dont put pesticides in pot

well at least ya get something for your money

this is simply greasing the wheel and people are asking for it

A

Amstel Light

see this is the issue, this thread has nothing to do with not legalizing, I want it legal, like corn lettuce or wheat, I just dont think they have justified a sales tax
why does it need to be justified? what would justification be?

U

ureapwhatusow

i think this one point needs to be illustrated

in todays markets

its easier to make a mint on intellectual capital say creating a facebook

that is making money form an idea

than it is to make money on durable goods because capital and techonology put the big guys at a huge advantage

couple that with the ease that big corporations can influence government and the failure of the government to enforce monopoly laws that the idea of being able to make real big money with legal pot for more than a short period of time is a pipe dream for a good percentage of people who are expecting to make a long term career of it

I think that it is so versatile (food fuel fiber medicine) and has so much possibility, that if it is managed like the internet i.e. free market with little regulation we will get the benefit of it growing in many markets not just on corporate farms

I want everyone to be able to grow plants and have fat stacks and enjoy life

If the government was good at making things work that way we wouldnt be disgruntled now

lets not give them more money for it

make it legal .. period

taxation would also narrow market placement by virtue of classification

say its called the same tax for cigarettes and its 20% tax

so a 500 ounce is 100 tax

what if i wany to use hemp for fuel

this tax rate could keep it from coming to the market because the predisposition to be taxed makes it too costly

nomaad

Veteran
The real money would be selling all the bullshit nutes and bug sprays, imagine a world where thousands of acres of MJ are infested with PM, spider mites, thrips, that weed would be so fucking nasty.

exactly what I was getting at! this is "adaptability"... If ganja goes legal, you'd be much better off in the "products used to grow ganja" market. Develop a product or two that are essential to home growers or the new scale of commercial growers.

U

ureapwhatusow

why does it need to be justified? what would justification be?

ok

if you own a house for example you pay taxes

out of those taxes there are school taxes

the school taxes are collected and the expenditures are reported so people who pay taxes can see they are relative and just

by law and according to our constitution, the whole reason we were born as a country was because of the English Monarchy taxing without representation

California taxing pot to solve their budget crisis is taxation without representation

the money isnt being used to facilitate the governments costs of legality its being used to fix problems elsewhere.. that they are in charge of fixing

if it continues we will eventually become an insolvent

A

Amstel Light

but if they get cali in the black with weed revenue it will sweep the country.

can you not see that?

or would you just rather be smoking your legal but untaxed weed in a wasteland?

U

ureapwhatusow

and appologizes to BHT if i'm coming off harsh

im on the side of freedom and i think its wrong to have to pay for that and when ya come in talking like i dont want the freedom to grow or smoke wihtout persecution and procescution i get real bent

i live this shit just as strongly as anyone else .. question my reasoning not my agenda

but like i said id rather smoke a spliff than argue with you, im not meaning to get irate or raise anyones hairs

ive sacrificed more than blood sweat and tears to get this far and im real skeptical of giving control to the same people that imprison us for it

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
no

but in America we should have to pay big brother for permission

pay them to do something like make sure people dont put pesticides in pot

well at least ya get something for your money

this is simply greasing the wheel and people are asking for it

SOOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GREASE THE WHEELS TO GET THEM ROLLING....

Latest posts

Latest posts