What's new

Legalizing pot IS taxing pot SAY NO TO SALES TAX

hempzelnut

lets see if I have this correct. 3.3 million humans puff in Cali, EVERY DAY. At 1 gram per human that equals over 3 TON a Day Or roughly $30-60 million per day.
In America that figure is 26 million puff EVERY DAY or 26 ton or approx $260-$500. million a DAY.
There will always be low grade and high grade cannabis.
There will always be organizations,clubs,gov't.
If you choose to legalize cannabis does that mean I would get to import hash from morocco to Cali. Why not, it's legal to have a legal business, right?
If you didn't have to pay taxes then would I need to on imports.?
TAXES. Around 1914 the then U.S. gov't borrowed money from a foreign national(rothchild) to cover it's mounting debt's(the constitution does not allow the U.S. gov't to accept foreign $$$ to pay off it's national debt, it was meant as a protection for the U.S. people. So now they set up the federal reserve act, the federal reserve board and the amendment to the constitution allowing the Gov't to tax the people rushed through just before christmas without the needed state votes of a 2/3 majority,see nothing has changed,(need to pay the bill's someway). The federal reserve board, has nothing to do with the FEDERAL, has no RESERVES and is definitly a board (corp.filed in U.S.A) with the chairman of the board Baron phillipi Von Rothchild. It (federal reserve board) does NOT get audited, I believe the national debt is around $10 trillion, yearly interest payments equal about $250 billion, WHO DO WE OWE THIS $$$$ TO AND WHY? Anyone wishing to respond, fact or fiction(?)Don't forget the freemason's, illuminiti and the even more powerful gypsie's who control both of these fellowships, not to mention the day to day flow of credit/debit (money) worldwide. Is it wrong/correct? hard telling, not knowing! Do any of you really know the forces you are involving yourselves with,I do not believe so. Peace, Love and Happiness

U

ureapwhatusow

but if they get cali in the black with weed revenue it will sweep the country.

can you not see that?

or would you just rather be smoking your legal but untaxed weed in a wasteland?

wow

so you are saying that to fund the shortfalls of government we should tax pot and that it will change the country

and that im in a wasteland for disagreeing

lets look at facts

pot is an agricultural product and its a medicinal medicine, both of which are not taxed in many markets due the nature of the need they fill

hard goods normally taaxed

now the biggest stimulus to our economy in the last 30 years is new technology, the biggest component of which is the internet

there is no sales tax on the internet in most states on outer state internet sales, it is exponentially greater market, growing at a far greater rate

the good being sold on the internet that used to be taxed, which arent being taxed because they are being bought off the web is greater than the proposed tax revenue from pot and should be taxed already, revenue that was coming to the state by via sales tax

should be replaced with pot tax

U

ureapwhatusow

SOOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GREASE THE WHEELS TO GET THEM ROLLING....

and sometimes you have to stand up for your constitutional rights

if you allow government to be corrupt enough you can grease the wheel all the time it will not sustain nor the markets it goverent

this is how the economy collapsed in the first place

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
lets see if I have this correct. 3.3 million humans puff in Cali, EVERY DAY. At 1 gram per human that equals over 3 TON a Day Or roughly $30-60 million per day.
In America that figure is 26 million puff EVERY DAY or 26 ton or approx $260-$500. million a DAY.
If you choose to legalize cannabis does that mean I would get to import hash from morocco to Cali. Why not, it's legal to have a legal business, right?
TAXES. Around 1914 the then U.S. gov't borrowed money from a foreign national(rothchild) to cover it's mounting debt's(the constitution does not allow the U.S. gov't to accept foreign $$$ to pay off it's national debt, it was meant as a protection for the U.S. people. So now they set up the federal reserve act, the federal reserve board and the amendment to the constitution allowing the Gov't to tax the people rushed through just before christmas without the needed state votes of a 2/3 majority,see nothing has changed,(need to pay the bill's someway). The federal reserve board, has nothing to do with the FEDERAL, has no RESERVES and is definitly a board (corp.filed in U.S.A) with the chairman of the board Baron phillipi Von Rothchild. It (federal reserve board) does NOT get audited, I believe the national debt is around $10 trillion, yearly interest payments equal about $250 billion, WHO DO WE OWE THIS $$$$ TO AND WHY? Anyone wishing to respond, fact or fiction(?)Don't forget the freemason's, illuminiti and the even more powerful gypsie's who control both of these fellowships, not to mention the day to day flow of credit/debit (money) worldwide. Is it wrong/correct? hard telling, not knowing! Do any of you really know the forces you are involving yourselves with,I do not believe so. Peace, Love and Happiness

your crossing way outside of the realm of what this conversation entails. and yes we know, we can never pay off our debt to the reserve because we have to borrow just to pay the interest. but thats another thread for the tin hat people. we is talkign about legalization. so lets leave the illumnati and the reptilians at the door....

U

ureapwhatusow

My point is that if we legalize pot without sales tax and now say out of that 260-500 million a day even 50% is reported as income a third goes to the government as income tax

so if there is 500 million in gross pot sales at a cost of 20% that leaves 400 million profit

if half is reported as income then thats 200 million that day. if 200 million is reported as income a potential 33% goes to tax thats a 66 million or something that is not being paid now

this is going to stimulate the economy more than sales tax

the extra money they want for sales tax will allow them to be grossly inefficient at the expense of the sales tax payer

TAXES. Around 1914 the then U.S. gov't borrowed money from a foreign national(rothchild) to cover it's mounting debt's(the constitution does not allow the U.S. gov't to accept foreign $$$ to pay off it's national debt, it was meant as a protection for the U.S. people. So now they set up the federal reserve act, the federal reserve board and the amendment to the constitution allowing the Gov't to tax the people rushed through just before christmas without the needed state votes of a 2/3 majority,see nothing has changed,(need to pay the bill's someway). The federal reserve board, has nothing to do with the FEDERAL, has no RESERVES and is definitly a board (corp.filed in U.S.A) with the chairman of the board Baron phillipi Von Rothchild. It (federal reserve board) does NOT get audited, I believe the national debt is around $10 trillion, yearly interest payments equal about $250 billion, WHO DO WE OWE THIS $$$$ TO AND WHY? Anyone wishing to respond, fact or fiction(?)Don't forget the freemason's, illuminiti and the even more powerful gypsie's who control both of these fellowships, not to mention the day to day flow of credit/debit (money) worldwide. Is it wrong/correct? hard telling, not knowing! Do any of you really know the forces you are involving yourselves with,I do not believe so.

yeah, and if they were all powerful, we would have 0% disposable income, would work 24 hours a day and do nothing but produce tax revenue for them to hoard and exploit

what keeps this in check is that greed is shallow and short sided and by design fails over the term

Peace, Love and Happiness

imo thats what its all about

U

ureapwhatusow

it also seems in the big scheme of things that making pot legal cause it can be taxed doesn't mean the same thing as it being legalized because it just shouldn't be illegal

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
and appologizes to BHT if i'm coming off harsh

im on the side of freedom and i think its wrong to have to pay for that and when ya come in talking like i dont want the freedom to grow or smoke wihtout persecution and procescution i get real bent

i live this shit just as strongly as anyone else .. question my reasoning not my agenda

but like i said id rather smoke a spliff than argue with you, im not meaning to get irate or raise anyones hairs

ive sacrificed more than blood sweat and tears to get this far and im real skeptical of giving control to the same people that imprison us for it

your not GIVING CONTROL to anyone. the fact is they have ULTIMATE CONTROL right now. we are trying to take some of that away. personally id rather pay a few dollars then face MY LIFE behind bars for something as elementry as marijuana. right now there is taxes on beer wine and cigaretes and people cry bitch and complain about it>>>> but that is in a RETAIL marketplace. there is NO ONE, let me repeat that... NO ONE is taxing the consumer cultivating their own medicine. the 50 per ounce tax is for RETAIL sales. you will not need to pay the government for growing a few plants in your house. just like you dont need to pay anyone when you brew beer, or if you cultivated your own tobacco....

the biggest argument i am seeing is from people thinking that they will need to pay taxes on their plants they grow. if your not selling it, then they are not taxing you. how many times am i repeating my slef. much too much. people like me, who want to grow 1000s of plants for the retail market will be the one paying the taxes. and the people who consume on a end user level will pay the sales taxes. but the people who produce for self consumption, like anyone who grows tomoatoes or corn, will NOT, i repeat NOT pay taxes.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

A

Amstel Light

wow

so you are saying that to fund the shortfalls of government we should tax pot and that it will change the country

and that im in a wasteland for disagreeing

lets look at facts

pot is an agricultural product and its a medicinal medicine, both of which are not taxed in many markets due the nature of the need they fill

hard goods normally taaxed

now the biggest stimulus to our economy in the last 30 years is new technology, the biggest component of which is the internet

there is no sales tax on the internet in most states on outer state internet sales, it is exponentially greater market, growing at a far greater rate

the good being sold on the internet that used to be taxed, which arent being taxed because they are being bought off the web is greater than the proposed tax revenue from pot and should be taxed already, revenue that was coming to the state by via sales tax

should be replaced with pot tax

yea im an opportunist and this is the perfect time for the goverment to overcome their shorfalls with the full legalization and taxation of weed!

and no I meant like the end of the world wastland nothing sublime about that 1.

and are you telling me that merck, del monte and google do not pay taxes? just because the person making the purchase does not see a tax does not mean it's not there.....

A

Amstel Light

the biggest argument i am seeing is from people thinking that they will need to pay taxes on their plants they grow. if your not selling it, then they are not taxing you. how many times am i repeating my slef. much too much. people like me, who want to grow 1000s of plants for the retail market will be the one paying the taxes. and the people who consume on a end user level will pay the sales taxes. but the people who produce for self consumption, like anyone who grows tomoatoes or corn, will NOT, i repeat NOT pay taxes.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

well i sorta disagree with you on that...i dont beleive they should be taxed but do beleive they should get certified and it should be regulated...what would be the point of taxing it at all if everyone (including complete morons who will burn shit down) can do it... and it's diffrent than beer, home brew is crap compared to store bought... but home grown weed will always be better than what the corporate giants will produce.. shit i forgot you can grow this shit out doors!!!!

Last edited:

nomaad

Veteran
A comparison between a tax on marijuana and a tax on alcohol or tobacco is not really valid. Both alcohol and tobacco have a detrimental effect on health and create costs that the system must bare, from cleaning up drunk driving accidents, police responding to alcohol fueled disturbances, health care costs for liver, lung and heart disease for indigent patients.

whoever said I pulled those figured out of my ass is 100% right. Re-reading, its an obvious exaggeration. I tend to edit stuff like that out that I write in the heat of it... I apologize, but still hold that the point is valid. My point is that large agricultural producers will swamp the market. It will become both less lucrative and more competitive. Walmart will import hash from the third world eventually and just like everything else, the ganja industry will be ruined by making it a wide-open part of the global marketplace. Sure, there will always be a niche market for higher quality stuff, but eventually most of those companies get bought out or tied to a distribution deal... they still look like a microbrew, but they are available in every supermarket in the united states. Add to that the new minions who will be legally growing their own and distributing to their social circle.... MUCH easier to do than make wine. I've had home-made wine from Napa to Napoli and its always worthless compared to even the worst mass produced commercial wine... This will not be the case with much of the ganja being grown in backyards.

there WILL be business opportunities, but mainstream ones. I welcome legalization and with it will come SOME kind of taxation, but I will most likely not be growing or selling the produce. if I am still making my living in this industry, it will be in another way.

U

ureapwhatusow

yea im an opportunist and this is the perfect time for the goverment to overcome their shorfalls with the full legalization and taxation of weed!

so you work for the government? you can grow legally in cali unless you can't find med patients that want you to care take

no taxing profit the way it works now

and no I meant like the end of the world wastland nothing sublime about that 1.
whats that supposed to mean. How am i being fantastic by suggesting we legalize pot wihtout sales tax//

and are you telling me that merck, del monte and google do not pay taxes? just because the person making the purchase does not see a tax does not mean it's not there.....

no corporations dont pay taxes on profit, thats the benefit of being a corporation

also prescription drugs and food items are tax exempt from sales tax in the states that charge sales tax. only illinois charges sales tax on prescription medications, less than 10 states charge tax on groceries a hand full for clothing

see i think your having a comprehension issue

the tax in question is SALES TAX, not income tax or tax on profits

SALES TAX is a tax assigned at state

SALES TAX WILL HAVE NO BENEFIT TO A FEDERAL LEGALIZATION MOVEMENT

not every state even charges a sales tax so its windfall effect to change teh country only applies to states that charges sales tax and have fucked up budgets

also medical marijuana is legal in a few states without tax being instituted

weed is becoming legal without tax and since all states don't charge sales tax Californians tax initiative is gonna make the changes you propose

nomaad

Veteran
...and if you think people deserve to goto jail so you can make a little more profit and not pay taxes on it, your a fucking asshole.

i absolutely do not. i support and donate to the cause of legalization. every time somebody I know has had legal issues I have been there to help. i'm am however doing what I do now because I love doing it and I make a nice (not ridiculous) living. assuming that i "think people should go to jail so can make a little more profit and not pay taxes on it" is preposterous. Assuming it of any of the people involved in this discussion who disagree with your opinion -or part of it- is pretty lame.

who's an asshole?

your style, not the content of your opinion, is what usually ruins ICM threads.

U

ureapwhatusow

your not GIVING CONTROL to anyone. the fact is they have ULTIMATE CONTROL right now. we are trying to take some of that away. personally id rather pay a few dollars then face MY LIFE behind bars for something as elementry as marijuana.

how are you saving a life from behind bars when you its still going to be illegal federally, sales tax is state level only and does not influence federal governments decisions

right now there is taxes on beer wine and cigaretes and people cry bitch and complain about it>>>> but that is in a RETAIL marketplace. there is NO ONE, let me repeat that... NO ONE is taxing the consumer cultivating their own medicine. the 50 per ounce tax is for RETAIL sales. you will not need to pay the government for growing a few plants in your house. just like you dont need to pay anyone when you brew beer, or if you cultivated your own tobacco....

what about the poor old cancer patient who is poor and cant grow?

Marijuana is used as food shouldn't be taxed but most of this country doesn't tax unprepared food

same in medicinal context, no taxes, except 1% from Illinois

if pot was soley recreational

the biggest argument i am seeing is from people thinking that they will need to pay taxes on their plants they grow. if your not selling it, then they are not taxing you. how many times am i repeating my slef. much too much.

agreed 110% except repeating yourself i only read this once

people like me, who want to grow 1000s of plants for the retail market will be the one paying the taxes. and the people who consume on a end user level will pay the sales taxes. but the people who produce for self consumption, like anyone who grows tomoatoes or corn, will NOT, i repeat NOT pay taxes.

i dont mind paying taxes if the money is covering exspensives the government is burdened by in the process of taking or regulating pot

its paying taxes based on costs elsewhere that have no direct correlation, taxes for which this country's constitution was engineered to protect us from

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
well i sorta disagree with you on that...i dont beleive they should be taxed but do beleive they should get certified and it should be regulated...what would be the point of taxing it at all if everyone (including complete morons who will burn shit down) can do it... and it's diffrent than beer, home brew is crap compared to store bought... but home grown weed will always be better than what the corporate giants will produce.. shit i forgot you can grow this shit out doors!!!!

we dont require regulations on fruit you grow on your yard, and you certainlly dont need to be certified for it...

...as to home brew, i challenge you to taste mine compared to the shit in the store. i make some of the best lagers and pale ales around, and it costs me about 50 bucks to make 10+ gallons.....

why cant coinneouseur herb be grown commercially? I grow some very fine herb and produce some very fine beer, but there are still a few beers i dont mind purchasing, even if they come at 2.00-3.00 per 12oz....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't give a shit what they do. I'm still growing my own....

There's really no sense getting up in arms about it. They will do what they always do and that's to do what they want. All the more reason to teach everyone how to grow....

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
exactly fellas. we are already illegal as it is>>> cant get much worse than it already is.....

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
exactly fellas. we are already illegal as it is>>> cant get much worse than it already is.....

Sure it can.

JJScorpio quote- "They will do what they always do and that's to do what they want. All the more reason to teach everyone how to grow..."

Right on!