What's new

Legalizing pot IS taxing pot SAY NO TO SALES TAX

U

ureapwhatusow

OK had a thought, for those arguing this in front of politicians

black market monies are not taxed because they are not show as income

thats about 33% of revenue lost in income tax to federal and state entities

LEGALIZING POT WITHOUT SALES TAX

would still give a huge stimulus boost to the governments by virtue of income being made by marijuana being declared as income

one fo the hardest things about black market moneys is showing them

many agricultural products are not taxed (free produce) with sales tax and still fuel the American economy

WHAT THE GOVERNMENTS WANT IS ANOTHER PIECE OF THE PIE

give them a 10% sales tax AND ABOUT 50% of the revenue from pot is going to the government

THATS WORSE THAN THE MOB PROTECTION

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE MARIJUANA WILL SAVE AMERICA WITHOUT SALES TAX

DONT BELIEVE THAT IT NEEDS TO BE TAXED TO CHANGE THE AMERICAN ECONOMY

SMELLS LIKE FUCKING TEA TAX

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Agree 100% on the $$$$$$$$

I'm OK with a reasonable tax to get it passed, THEN its time for a Tea Party tho ;)

First we have to strip them of their guns & power to incarcerate people, then it'll be a fair fight...

PharmaCan

Veteran
Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed that many people against sales tax on recreational (as opposed to medical) marijuana. It's all the special taxes, like the per ounce tax, that has people up in arms.

PC

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
seriously guys??? who doesnt cheat their taxes? some of the wealthiest people i know pay the least in taxes. 10+33% ? come on.... let them have the 10... who gives a fuck. the 33>>> nobody ever fully accoutns for everything. and if this DOES become legal,, that means you will be able to adjust your price cost by producing more and selling at a lower price due to a higher market deamand.

legalization = lower prices = more consumers = more consumption = lucriative profits

there is still a fucking ton of money to be made in this buisness LEGALLY. all you moronic high school flunkys slinging gram and 8th bags to the local school kids CAN NOT grasp this concept.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Fuck it..let them tax it..

Legal cannabis costs next to nothing to produce. Shit i could pull tons of the stuff if it was legal...

Grizvok

seriously guys??? who doesnt cheat their taxes? some of the wealthiest people i know pay the least in taxes. 10+33% ? come on.... let them have the 10... who gives a fuck. the 33>>> nobody ever fully accoutns for everything. and if this DOES become legal,, that means you will be able to adjust your price cost by producing more and selling at a lower price due to a higher market deamand.

legalization = lower prices = more consumers = more consumption = lucriative profits

there is still a fucking ton of money to be made in this buisness LEGALLY. all you moronic high school flunkys slinging gram and 8th bags to the local school kids CAN NOT grasp this concept.

First of all, it's lucrative.

Secondly, everybody in the USA (whether they're on these forums or not) knows you can make a boatload of money by selling drugs albeit legally or illegally.

HOWEVER, you're very wrong if you think everybody is going to immediately go out and get their distribution license and whatever other pieces of paper they need to be able to sell pot legally. Maybe the average college student distributing out of his dorm room doesn't want to sell pot his entire life? It's safe to assume since he hasn't been caught yet he'll continue to do things the same exact way even in a legal environment.

Fuck it..let them tax it..

Legal cannabis costs next to nothing to produce. Shit i could pull tons of the stuff if it was legal...

I guarantee you these guys will make sure your smoke is nearly worthless. (commercial farmers) :2cents: if mmj is legal.

orange23.jpg

A

Amstel Light

HAHAHAHAHAH that should be the end of the discussion there!

must spread rep................ blah blah

A

Amstel Light

HOWEVER, you're very wrong if you think everybody is going to immediately go out and get their distribution license and whatever other pieces of paper they need to be able to sell pot legally. Maybe the average college student distributing out of his dorm room doesn't want to sell pot his entire life? It's safe to assume since he hasn't been caught yet he'll continue to do things the same exact way even in a legal environment.

thats cool there will always be outlaws, if he gets pinched he pays a fine, if he gets away with it thats cool too. at leat no one has to be jailed....the gov.(i agree they are a type of mafia ) gets paid and we are all high!! what the fuck is the argument again????!!!!!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
thats cool there will always be outlaws, if he gets pinched he pays a fine, if he gets away with it thats cool too. at leat no one has to be jailed....the gov.(i agree they are a type of mafia ) gets paid and we are all high!! what the fuck is the argument again????!!!!!

HAHAH thank you fellas, at least my words arent falling upon deaf ears!!!!

nomaad

Veteran
glad you didn't punctuate the end of that sentence.

...for the multinational agricultural corporations that will schwoop in the second its legalized, run down the prices and turn quality, small batch (100 lbs will be a small batch) operations into scrambling niche marketeers.

if you think that legalization will give us more control over the industry, you're living on another planet.

only the most adaptable business people will be able to find their way through an legalized cannabis industry. there are no 1 acre vineyards, orchards, etc that provide a proper living to those that farm it.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed that many people against sales tax on recreational (as opposed to medical) marijuana. It's all the special taxes, like the per ounce tax, that has people up in arms.

PC

Even if the tax was $100 per ounce. Your still reaping huge benefits. 1600 per pound taxed. Its legal now, so we can produce large greenhouses and cultivate thousands of pounds at a very low cost. Your pulling pounds out of the greenhouse at MAYBE 300-500 per. Lets call it 500 per pound + 1600 in taxes = 2100 per pound to sell at retail. Lets do the average 100% increase. 4200 per pound to the consumer. divide by 16. and your looking at retail sales around 250-275 per ounce. hit that by the sales tax your looking at 275-300 for completley legal smoke, nearly half what retail price is now for most people. 2100 per pound x 10,000 pounds = 20,100,000. Take 50% to pay for employees, leases, supplies, etc... and your still left with a cool 10+ milly.

Once you start stepping up to the phillip morris' and the anheuseur buschs... your looking at profits in the 9 and 10 figures.

AB just reported 783 million dollar profit this year...

Phillip morris pulls in anywhere between 5-8 BILLION per year...

does anyone really doubt that cannabis can trump both alcohol+tobacco sales?

....maybe not tobacco sales, but it sure would be damn close!!!!!

pip313

when are poeple going to realize that after giving the goverment even 90% of the money, if it was legal big business would take over and push the little guy out and cannabis would be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than now.

Why are you guys trying to convince us that giving money to the gov is bad? I say paying $300 and up for an ounce of an easy to grow crop is bad.

$20 for 20 1 gram joints the gov can have $15. I've said it over and over and the only poeple whom seem to find a problem with it are the self interested. I smoke for med reasons and I get one of the best deals in michigan and my price doesn't come close to this.

Please stop using "fuck giving the gov money" as a way to say you don't want it legal. I see through you and I won't stop until everyone else does too. I've been to jail I did all 93 days for a 93 day weed charge, I'm not happy about potentially having to pay the same poeple money to do what I was arrested for but if you think the gov would ever consider legalization without taxization your a retard. In fact the only part of the country that is considering full legalization is ONLY doing so because of the potential taxes.

$100 taxes per ounce? are you nuts the only reason cannabis is so expencive is because it's illegal there is no reason to justify a cost of more than 4x or 5x tobacco price.

"Once you start stepping up to the phillip morris' and the anheuseur buschs... your looking at profits in the 9 and 10 figures" what makes you think phillip morris would sit back and watch a market that they could fill better than most company's out there be filled by thousands on smalltimers when they could corner the market in 6 month? not to mention as soon as it looks like it wil become legal they would get thier congress friends to pass a bill allowing them to "preemptively" grow to be able to supply the day it was legal

Full legal protection means full mass production which means the economics of scale would apply. The thought that if it became legal it would be small home growers is insane.

home growers would be like home brewers so small that even if they made a better product they wouldn't have enough to last themselves nevermind a signifigant dent into retail sales.

When I see these topics I feel like I'm in the Matrix, this site is dedicated to an illegal activity, yet it is rare that someone says fuck paying taxes. Are we so beat down that if they would legalize MJ we would be cool with paying taxes on it? The fucking Gov is only collecting it to give it to the federal reserve, your taxes only service the debt on the interest of the money they loan us and thats it. Remember the TARP money 800 billion, 800,000,000,000, ok this last number took me about 1 second to type, now thats all the federal reserve is doing and they get 2% interest on that 800 billion that I just typed. No actual money is printed, but interest is collected, and you think good money is made growing a weed. And guys that is just the TARP money the actual amount is more like 9 trillion or some fucking crazy number. I am tired of paying taxes and even if MJ was legal I wouldn't, but it would be nice to have access to some of the top notch shit I see here.

Big H, I don't really think anything done in a large volume will be good. If they let us smoke freely you would still have some high priced weed, imagine a warehouse filled with 1000 watt lights and real empoyees and you know all the bullshit you need to grow 5 star weed. It is not cheap plus you would be paying all the other bullshit to have employees. The shit Philip morris would grow would be cheap ass genetically modified bag weed. The real money would be selling all the bullshit nutes and bug sprays, imagine a world where thousands of acres of MJ are infested with PM, spider mites, thrips, that weed would be so fucking nasty. Oh do you think they would not spray it to save the huge crop in the last weeks as the mites get out of fucking control. But since they sell cigarettes with chemicals already I doubt they would care about joints with chemicals. I don't ever see a day where 5 star will be less then 20.00 an 1/8th. But kief and hash might get cheap, but not nugs.

nomaad

Veteran
Big Tree: you better have 10-100 million to buy placement in the market you talk about. you're not going to be "stepping up to" AB or Phillip Morris unless you have the bankroll to do so. start organizing all the commercial growers you know into some kind of co-op or collective that will have some kind of real power in the market they will find themselves in.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
if you think that legalization will give us more control over the industry, you're living on another planet.

...and if you think people deserve to goto jail so you can make a little more profit and not pay taxes on it, your a fucking asshole.

9Lives

Veteran
Big Tree: you better have 10-100 million to buy placement in the market you talk about. you're not going to be "stepping up to" AB or Phillip Morris unless you have the bankroll to do so. start organizing all the commercial growers you know into some kind of co-op or collective that will have some kind of real power in the market they will find themselves in.

Are you an entrepreneur yourself ? Do you run a business ?

10-100 million ? You pulled those number out of your ass..

And i always say look at the wine industry. It will be a quality based market. There might be tons on shitty californian wines out there but i still pay for quality. All the time every time. Ofcourse the bottom feeders will drink the shit stuff just as people are buying schwag now. But telling me that i have to have 10-100 mill to compete with philip morris or im out of business ? Give ma fucking break!

100-200k investment and you are in business. Buy 10 acres somewhere (you wont need more). Build huge greenhouses produce your own organic ferts (compost). Grow when the season is right! Are you telling me i can't sell my crop ?

Let's say i grow 5000 clones (all the good shite Rez, Bog, Serious etc..1000clones each). And im expecting the yield to be about 30 dry grams per plant (it will be more in a greenhouse). And let's say i want no more than 2 dollar per gram profit with all taxes and labour paid. That's 300k profit right there NOT a bad ROI..

Even if the tax was $100 per ounce. Your still reaping huge benefits. 1600 per pound taxed. Its legal now, so we can produce large greenhouses and cultivate thousands of pounds at a very low cost. Your pulling pounds out of the greenhouse at MAYBE 300-500 per. Lets call it 500 per pound + 1600 in taxes = 2100 per pound to sell at retail. Lets do the average 100% increase. 4200 per pound to the consumer. divide by 16. and your looking at retail sales around 250-275 per ounce. hit that by the sales tax your looking at 275-300 for completley legal smoke, nearly half what retail price is now for most people. 2100 per pound x 10,000 pounds = 20,100,000. Take 50% to pay for employees, leases, supplies, etc... and your still left with a cool 10+ milly.

Once you start stepping up to the phillip morris' and the anheuseur buschs... your looking at profits in the 9 and 10 figures.

AB just reported 783 million dollar profit this year...

Phillip morris pulls in anywhere between 5-8 BILLION per year...

does anyone really doubt that cannabis can trump both alcohol+tobacco sales?

....maybe not tobacco sales, but it sure would be damn close!!!!!

Yuck, that sounds like warehouse work. At that point you might as well be manufacturing shoes, clothing or twinkies. The love for growing top grade Cannabis goes out the window and it just becomes another job. Sounds like a nightmare. Sucks that we can't just decriminalize it instead of legalizing/taxing.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Yuck, that sounds like warehouse work. At that point you might as well be manufacturing shoes, clothing or twinkies. The love for growing top grade Cannabis goes out the window and it just becomes another job. Sounds like a nightmare. Sucks that we can't just decriminalize it instead of legalizing/taxing.

someones nightmare is anothers dream. i have 37 acres in a beautiful valley that is waiting to be stacked with greenhouses. 10 million to get started? not even close.....:joint:

9Lives

Veteran

You will go far in business with that attitude! LOL

Welcome to real life!