What's new

Honduras sativa

led05

Chasing The Present
Those bulbs your talking about are listed as 17.17 inches in length, that seems like a weird size where did you get the fixture to put it in because I don't think I see it listed here in this link.

https://zoomed.com/reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood/

Standard 15w T5 or T8 reptile bulb fixtures will work just fine - I actually think it's more a standard t8 15w fixture thinking back (years ago I did this) but it'll hold just fine the t5 bulbs I linked to - the end fixtures on T5 & T8 are identical I believe just circumference of bulb is the diff

Here's an example of overkill being a dual model # PT2247
https://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/linear_top.php

Fluros are easy to make to suit to length though, finding reflectors that length is a bit harder...

Side note on UVB, all them fancy aquarium T5 bulbs, Actinics, Actinic +, Deep Blue, 20K, 15K, Purple Plus - bla bla bla - great bulbs, serve their purpose but none of them have a lick of UVB as well, zero...

Just look at their Spectral Dist Graphs, it's obvious, you don't even need a fancy meter.

UVB is 290-320nm, I can't believe how often I see so many experienced users posting their great results with UVB and they don't even have UVA, much less B.... Don't get me started with Hallides

anyhow....I feel like we've digressed a bit here on the "Honduras" thread. With that said, I love this strain and it's one of the equatorial type that, IME, truly benefit from UVB so its' relevant for some I guess.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Standard 15w T5 or T8 reptile bulb fixtures will work just fine - I actually think it's more a standard t8 15w fixture thinking back (years ago I did this) but it'll hold just fine the t5 bulbs I linked to - the end fixtures on T5 & T8 are identical I believe just circumference of bulb is the diff

Here's an example of overkill being a dual model # PT2247
https://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/linear_top.php

Fluros are easy to make to suit to length though, finding reflectors that length is a bit harder...

Side note on UVB, all them fancy aquarium T5 bulbs, Actinics, Actinic +, Deep Blue, 20K, 15K, Purple Plus - bla bla bla - great bulbs, serve their purpose but none of them have a lick of UVB as well, zero...

Just look at their Spectral Dist Graphs, it's obvious, you don't even need a fancy meter.

UVB is 290-320nm, I can't believe how often I see so many experienced users posting their great results with UVB and they don't even have UVA, much less B.... Don't get me started with Hallides

anyhow....I feel like we've digressed a bit here on the "Honduras" thread. With that said, I love this strain and it's one of the equatorial type that, IME, truly benefit from UVB so its' relevant for some I guess.

Again, thanks for the heads up on those ushio lamps. Yes back to honduras talk. I have a buddy who has a couple hondurans from ace. Wow!! Crazy vigourous plants. He will be flowering them soon. Hes got a green haze (more compact pheno) male and honduran male he's going to cross to the couple honduran females. So excited to see how they turn out. Will definitely encourage him to sign up and share his harvest with Icmag. Or i will just post his results.

Thanks ace seeds for making these available for the rest of the world.

led05

Chasing The Present
Again, thanks for the heads up on those ushio lamps. Yes back to honduras talk. I have a buddy who has a couple hondurans from ace. Wow!! Crazy vigourous plants. He will be flowering them soon. Hes got a green haze (more compact pheno) male and honduran male he's going to cross to the couple honduran females. So excited to see how they turn out. Will definitely encourage him to sign up and share his harvest with Icmag. Or i will just post his results.

Thanks ace seeds for making these available for the rest of the world.

I've done that exact cross, tougher plants inside but well, well worth it! Ace gear I've played or playing with:

Panama, Zamaldelica, Guatemala (no longer avail sadly it seems), Honduras, Golden Tiger, OTH all versions and I also have very old seed lines of Destroyer and Caribe from CBG when they were first released, all of them are great stock to work from

Tropicalsun

New grow near not in Honduras

New grow near not in Honduras

Thanks for these great seeds, I live in Central America so the seeds were the best choice for my first grow! I think I am half way through, growing in good potting soil mixed with organic waste compost. Feeding with GE vegan grow and bloom.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 39

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Tropicalsun :)

Thank you very much for choosing our genetics for your first grow :)
The first grow is a experience a grower never forgets.

Excellent choice for outdoor growing in central america :yes:
I'm sure she feels like at home :huggg:

Best wishes for the flowering! Please, keep us updated.

Tropicalsun

Hermie?

Hermie?

Hi Dubi and thank you.
It has all been going really well until today and I sawthese...male seed pods?? is that what I have on my finger?
I really hope not!

thanks for your help.

also I attach a photo of the auto blueberry that also seemed to go hermie... can i dry and cure and smoke this or is it manure?

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33

Ncali

Veteran
That is a calyx. That is common for their to be one large calyx near the petiole, and then a cluster of calyx that we know as the buds. A male gonad is a very different structure. You can find pictures of the male gonads on various different threads here

Plants look real good in pics, don't get discouraged

Tropicalsun

Update on grow

Update on grow

So after mini panic today all is calm again.
She looks well. I hope..

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm in Honduras now, and I can tell you I've never smoked anything so wonderful. Not over powering, but high as fuck just the same. Very clean the cerebral high. Euphoric. Happy. Zero sign of any negative effects other than emptying a bag of Oreos. Love it. Now if I could only grow it at home.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I'm in Honduras now, and I can tell you I've never smoked anything so wonderful. Not over powering, but high as fuck just the same. Very clean the cerebral high. Euphoric. Happy. Zero sign of any negative effects other than emptying a bag of Oreos. Love it. Now if I could only grow it at home.

Thats sounds great!!!!
Are you refering to some stuff you sourced locally in honduras or aces honduras?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thats sounds great!!!!
Are you refering to some stuff you sourced locally in honduras or aces honduras?

I'm in Honduras on holiday and sourcing some landrace sativa seeds while I'm at it. I met up with a childhood friend who's been living here 10 years. He handed me a bag of what they call “Trash". We'll one man's trash is another man's gold. Lol. This local weed is amazing. Stellar. Even my wife, who could probably out smoke cheech, gave it two thumbs up.

They have two types of weed here. Local Trash, and Jamaican. When I told one dude that I wanted Trash seeds he looked pretty confused. Lol.

But there's a mythical Dwarf Sativa here apparently. My buddy said he thinks he's seen it. Short. Like an autoflower with long very thin, and very few leaves on the Cola. I suspect an indica cross, but I'm just guessing. Someone is supposed to take me to a grow today or tomorrow where that dude should know about it. I'm keep telling them to warn them I'm bringing a camera, but they ignore me when I say it. I know they're paranoid about getting caught. This is not a good place to be in the sin bin. Lol

I've seen two army choppers in three days so far. Exciting for me. For them? Not so much. Lol
picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I wish I had tried Ace's Honduran to see if it is the same as this one. I'm told that Guatemalan is very close if not the same strain and this one. Makes sense since they're next door.