What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm in Honduras now, and I can tell you I've never smoked anything so wonderful. Not over powering, but high as fuck just the same. Very clean the cerebral high. Euphoric. Happy. Zero sign of any negative effects other than emptying a bag of Oreos. Love it. Now if I could only grow it at home.

Hi TychoMonolyth,

Glad you have had the chance to experience the local sativas from Honduras, wonder how the ones you have tried compare with the Honduras line we are offering, but they sound very similar: a very clean and cerebral energetic effect with 0 negative after effects.

Wish you are enjoying your holidays! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So I cut a couple of sample buds yesterday and now they start to dry which might be quick as its hot right now in Costa Rica.
I'm trying to keep them below 80!!I give them some indirect AC to keep the room below 80 and at night its just about ok..
Humidity drops to 40 when the AC is on and lower during the day when its hot and dry.
You will see the buds drying and the plant after her trim still looking pretty good!
so i dried a little in the oven and left it overnight in a jar to halt any drying further I guessed?? then opened the jar this morning as the humidity was at 99% and the Jar was sweaty but 3 hours later and it was a little overdry but ground and then smoked nice enough.

Its strong enough for me and I like to smoke, very heady high so I think I might leave the rest of the plant in the ground for now.

I read somewhere that 30-40% Amber Trichomes was a good guide for Sativa's...can anyone advise me on that?
Right now the plant has 5% Amber maybe...

the night time photo is the Main Cola (obvs)

Great Seeds thanks Dubi!

Thanks to you TropicalSun for sharing your growing diary.
Looks like your first growing experience has been a success :)
Your Honduras female felt like at home in your tropical climate, really nice yield :biggrin: Glad you are enjoying with the effects of the early samples, but try ripen a bit more the rest of the plant, i think she still needs a bit more of time to fully ripen.

The aircon will help you with the drying process in wet tropical climates. :yes:

Tropicalsun

harvested and dried

harvested and dried

so it was a hectic 10 days of AC,dehumidifier, and bending stems and checking for mould but in the end it all went really well.

Sure the buds aren't as dense as I would like and not leaving some of the branches to ripen and fatten some more BUT for minimal effort Organic weed...I am impressed! very daytime high very busy and active but i like it a lot, no anxiety or paranoia I'm so happy to have it!!

I finally calculated around 7 ounces of dry..and 4 of trim!!
the trimming itself is a bit rubbish but when i have a cured bud i will try and take a photo of the best one..for now the curing has begun!

I am also about to become a father for the 2nd time so not to much time for testing right now!!

Attachments

• IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 39

robotwithdreams

Veteran
so it was a hectic 10 days of AC,dehumidifier, and bending stems and checking for mould but in the end it all went really well.

Sure the buds aren't as dense as I would like and not leaving some of the branches to ripen and fatten some more BUT for minimal effort Organic weed...I am impressed! very daytime high very busy and active but i like it a lot, no anxiety or paranoia I'm so happy to have it!!

the trimming itself is a bit rubbish but when i have a cured bud i will try and take a photo of the best one..for now the curing has begun!

I am also about to become a father for the 2nd time so not to much time for testing right now!!

Congrats on the nice little haul!!!! Did you have a pheno thats really mild smelling or the more pungent one?

KaYa-mon

In the jar

In the jar

Good to know as i myself was able to grow a landrace last year now after a one year cure it is become a remarkable smoke.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hi TychoMonolyth,

Glad you have had the chance to experience the local sativas from Honduras, wonder how the ones you have tried compare with the Honduras line we are offering, but they sound very similar: a very clean and cerebral energetic effect with 0 negative after effects.

Wish you are enjoying your holidays! :)

2018 experiment #43. lol.
Growing what I brought back, and yours this summer to compare.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent repuk :)

Happy to see more growers growing the recently released pure Honduras line in the great outdoors!

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Hello Terpene
Can you give a comparison between Tikal / Tikal x Honduras and the pure Honduras?

Haven't ever grown Tikal standalone, but I can say that Honduras combines nicely with other lines. The Tikal x Honduras was a bit more pakistani in nature from the PCK influence, more berry-ish smelling. The Panama x Honduras is excellent, Panama's lemony-"blue"-spicy smell with the fermented lemons in the sun of Honduras. I would say the Tikal x Honduras is more relaxed, slightly more sedated. The Honduras is in the middle and Panama x Honduras has the most energy of the three. Though I should note that I am splitting hairs, its all very kind smoke with great flavors (I love Honduras).

Honduras
picture.php

Tikal x Honduras
picture.php

Panama x Honduras
picture.php

herbgreen

Veteran
Haven't ever grown Tikal standalone, but I can say that Honduras combines nicely with other lines. The Tikal x Honduras was a bit more pakistani in nature from the PCK influence, more berry-ish smelling.
View Image

Terpene dont you mean NL haze influence

I dont think there is PCK in Tikal?

Its an old NLhaze dubi had saved from amsterdam they called it kush/haze a times

Glad they brought out that pure Honduras

Great to see central american genetics

Thanks for all the pictures over the years we would wouldnt know half the stuff we do about ace plants without you sharin these grows!

Tikal is guatemala x NL/hz (listed as kush/haze at times)

Do you know or dubi the difference between panama Goddess and panama A22 ?

It seems Honduras would combine well with panama phenos or even back to the old panama 1974

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for drop by Terpene ;) i think you are one of the very few persons who has grown pure Honduras and Honduras hybrids, your experience is greatly appreciated :thank you:

You are right herbgreen, Tikal doesn't contain PCK, the indica influence in Tikal comes from the NL/Haze used in the very first outcross that produced Tikal around 2002-2004, after that it was backcrossed again to Guatemala and then inbred by itself, without adding any other genetics.

Panama A22 (F11 generation) was the best female (among dozens) coming from the regular offspring from Panama Goddess (F10), selected by a friend (the person who gave us the Malawi line) before he passed away. I keep her not only because her quality, but also as a tribute to my friend. :ying:

Terpene, that Panama/Honduras looks amazing. I’m hoping for my next project to pop some of the golden tiger/Honduras seeds that I made over a year ago. The tall Honduras I grew is the wildest plant I’ve ever grown, it was a very special experience for me.

Thanks again to Dubi for the opportunity!

OnceUpon

"I would say the Tikal x Honduras is more relaxed, slightly more sedated. The Honduras is in the middle and Panama x Honduras has the most energy of the three."

^^ this sounds like phenotype variation coming from the Honduras line
as reputation wise.. and from my experience panama tends to be a heavier relaxed experience than the tikal..but each plant is unique. sounds like you found a nice panama x Honduras!...

herbgreen

Veteran
Thanks for drop by Terpene ;) i think you are one of the very few persons who has grown pure Honduras and Honduras hybrids, your experience is greatly appreciated :thank you:

You are right herbgreen, Tikal doesn't contain PCK, the indica influence in Tikal comes from the NL/Haze used in the very first outcross that produced Tikal around 2002-2004, after that it was backcrossed again to Guatemala and then inbred by itself, without adding any other genetics.

Panama A22 (F11 generation) was the best female (among dozens) coming from the regular offspring from Panama Goddess (F10), selected by a friend (the person who gave us the Malawi line) before he passed away. I keep her not only because her quality, but also as a tribute to my friend. :ying:

Much Garcias dubi and terpene for the great work!