What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

early_bird

Veteran
Here is my Honduras, Flowering Day 55 of 11/13 in 11L of soil.

Stretchy Beast with real sativa look :)
Flowers developing very good.
All the big fan leaves get slowly yellow. I had also thripse in early flowering, but it seems to be ok now.

I have 2 Snow moon´s in the cabinet (snowy pheno + reddish pheno), if i harvested them in about 2 weeks i can post a picture of the whole plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks early bird for posting your pics of our new Honduras sativa, it's always a pleasure to see talented growers trying our new lines and providing feedback :yes:

Honduras overall doesn't need much N but i would increase a bit overall NPK feeding to improve her color and boost her flowering a bit more at this stage.

Yes, please! :) Would love to see pics of your Snow Moons as well, maybe in your own thread (or in a new one) so we keep this thread on topic only about Honduras.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I knew better than to even come to this thread. After changing my mind several times I decided to not do Honduras this season. Now after reading and seeing so many nice pictures of plants. I'm pissed at myself for not starting a single Honduras plant. Thank you all for a great thread. It has been a very enjoyable read. Peace

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php

Popped one of these and got a nice looking male.

Going to try and cross it with a Ghost Train Haze clone I'm starting to flower.

early_bird

Veteran
Here ist my Honduras on the flowering day 120
She´s grown very well. Haven´t feed her in the last 4 weeks.

Unfortunately, there is not much resin and she don´t smell to anything :-(

She is still foxtailing slowly, but i found also a few brown tricomes so i switched the light off and going to harvest her in the next 2 days.

Spaventa

Veteran
Some plants show interesting reddish pigmentation in the stems, they are also the stickiest in growing stage.

Ive noticed ALL my best mothers have red in the stems to some degree or at some stage. Some are just red, some are more purple and some are striped but I noticed it when flowering their clones all together - all the elite cuts I have do it. Only one of the seedlings Im trying (same room) have it and she is so frosty i know already she's a keeper.

Im starting the new improved Tikal next and will be looking for red in the stems! The original was good so I'm very excited.

The Hatter

Veteran
Ive noticed ALL my best mothers have red in the stems to some degree or at some stage. Some are just red, some are more purple and some are striped but I noticed it when flowering their clones all together - all the elite cuts I have do it. Only one of the seedlings Im trying (same room) have it and she is so frosty i know already she's a keeper.

Im starting the new improved Tikal next and will be looking for red in the stems! The original was good so I'm very excited.

Hmmm, that's an interesting observation. I must admit most of my keepers have this trait as well. It could just be a coincidence, but I think I will keep an eye out in the future for this pattern. I think reddish stems might just be a common trait?

SuperGreenGuy

Hmmm, that's an interesting observation. I must admit most of my keepers have this trait as well. It could just be a coincidence, but I think I will keep an eye out in the future for this pattern. I think reddish stems might just be a common trait?

Actually that's a nitrogen and water intolerance problem, everything low with Pure Sativas is the only way, especially when Its bout humid climates, less water, less nuts, more life.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View Image

Popped one of these and got a nice looking male.

Going to try and cross it with a Ghost Train Haze clone I'm starting to flower.

Nice OlDirtyHuman :)

Sounds good! Please, let us know how the Ghost Train Haze x Honduras hybrids works for you, i'm always interested to learn more about how this new Honduras sativa works in crosses with other strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here ist my Honduras on the flowering day 120
She´s grown very well. Haven´t feed her in the last 4 weeks.

Unfortunately, there is not much resin and she don´t smell to anything :-(

She is still foxtailing slowly, but i found also a few brown tricomes so i switched the light off and going to harvest her in the next 2 days.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50881&pictureid=1769517&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50881&pictureid=1769518&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50881&pictureid=1769519&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Wow early bird!

Your Honduras female is all bud! I think you got what i like to call the mexican pheno: it's the very hairy pheno with super high flower/leaf ratio. The mexican pheno is not very resinous neither has a complex terpene or high terpene content, it's the purple colombian pheno the one that is more resinous and with better terpene profile and content.

The good thing of the mexican pheno is that provides the more clear and uplifting effects within the line, without any body heaviness effects or hangover after the effect. That's the main qualities (along with the high yield) of this mexican pheno.

Thanks a lot for sharing pics of her, what a difference since your previous update ;)

early_bird

Veteran
Thanks for the very useful information dubi :)
I was hoping for the mexican pheno with it´s clear and happy high, glad to hear.
Yeeees, hairy is this thing ;)

Also glad to hear that he isn´t not so resinous, i asked myself if i did something wrong growing her, but it´s may just about the phenotype.

SonicNurse92

Hola dubi y hola amigos :tiphat:

Mi Honduras Regular, irá a exterior hoy y volveré con noticias en un mes.

Nos vemos pronto :biggrin:

Hi dubi and hi friends

My Honduras Standard, it'll go outdoors today and i'll be back with news in a month.

See you soon

Attachments

• DSCN0827.jpg
    DSCN0827.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 25
Honduras

Honduras

put 3 seeds in one pot outside. Was going to create seeds if a male popped up but all 3 are females. appears to be three different phenos as well. one branchy columbian style feno. a columnar feno which reminds me of some mexican i grew years ago and a pheno that appears to be a mix of the two. somewhat branchy columnar and a little bit shorter and faster to set flowers than the other two. I dusted some sour ghana pollen on the faster shorter one which is on the far left.

"and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations"

Attachments

• Message_1506534061444.jpg
    Message_1506534061444.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 46

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola SonicNurse92 :)

Wish your Honduras baby is becoming a beautiful and vigorous sativa at this stage!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi sativa-herbivor,

Thank you very much for sharing pics of your 3 Honduras females in early flowering.
Pics of new releases (especially of the long flowering sativa landraces) are highly appreciated! :yes:

Like most tropical sativas, the female ratio of Honduras is usually high.
I also think that this Honduras sativa is a mix of old school colombian and mexican sativas (like we state in the description of the strain too).

Try to provide them lots of light and a stronger feeding regime at this stage of flowering and they wil reward you with an abundant harvest of 'all in the head' sativa flowers.

Honduras update

Honduras update

Honduras still growing strong outdoors. Flowers on all three plants turned purple top to bottom.

Harvested tops and thick buds after a few rains. No mold

Still have more ripening with more projected chance of showers.

I was going to harvest but i decided to let alone for awhile.

Beautiful plants and thick Colas. an early test smoke was smooth woody flavor and clean up up type of experience. Had me buzzin around trimming til the early hours. More info and photos to come.

Attachments

• honduras.jpg
    honduras.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 62
  • honduras side.jpg
    honduras side.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 62
  • honduras thick pheno.jpg
    honduras thick pheno.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Latest posts