What's new

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Honduras still growing strong outdoors. Flowers on all three plants turned purple top to bottom.

Harvested tops and thick buds after a few rains. No mold

Still have more ripening with more projected chance of showers.

I was going to harvest but i decided to let alone for awhile.

Beautiful plants and thick Colas. an early test smoke was smooth woody flavor and clean up up type of experience. Had me buzzin around trimming til the early hours. More info and photos to come.

Wow sativa-herbivor! :dance013:

So nice to see you are also growing our recent Honduras sativa release, you seem to love sativas and sativas seem to love you! :huggg:

You got very interesting Honduras phenos, clearly more related to the purple colombian pheno (the best one!). Your Honduras females show a clear sign of improvement compared with the original P1 Honduras plants we had to start with.

I really want to thank you for your interest in exploring our 2 recent tropical sativa releases: Ethiopian and Honudras :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Apologies if this is covered before...what does this strain possess to set it apart from various Mexican strains? I have Tikal from Ace as well as HMxBB, Mextiza,Acapulco Gold and Zipolite Oaxacan.

Hi SierraPadre,

Honduras' effect is super clean and stimulant, all in the head effect, a caffeinic, euphoric and energetic kind of effect, in this regard it's similar to the good old mexican sativas of uplifting and clean effects, but Honduras is much better yielding than any pure mexican sativa i have ever experienced.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I was in Roatan in 2016. Picked up some great bud from a water taxi. If I had known it was Sativa, I wouldn't have smoked any because they tend to induce anxiety and paranoia in me. But this didn't! It was more a great high instead of a big stone. know what I mean? Anyway, I was looking for seeds in the buds but didn't find any. I'm going back in a week so I'll definitely ask for bud with lots of seeds this time. lol

Anyone know if it's illegal ship seeds out of Honduras? I know it's ok to get them in Canada without stealth even.

djimb

Veteran
Anyone know if it's illegal ship seeds out of Honduras? I know it's ok to get them in Canada without stealth even.

Most countries have pretty strict regulations about importing seeds, but I can't imagine anyone cares about taking them out of the country. If you're worried, keep in mind that xray machines display pretty much all organic matter as the same color, whether it's cannabis seeds, coffee beans, or wooden beads.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Most countries have pretty strict regulations about importing seeds, but I can't imagine anyone cares about taking them out of the country. If you're worried, keep in mind that xray machines display pretty much all organic matter as the same color, whether it's cannabis seeds, coffee beans, or wooden beads.

I brought home a whole cocoa bean pod from Ecuador. It sits on a shelf in my office. No one even blinked.

I know that food and plants are a huge no-no.

Bumbatar

Sometimes I wish I could travel through time to smoke different kinds of cannabis from different periods in history and I just saw something that triggered my obsessive compulsive disorder.Below is a link to a 1987 special news report about pilots that trafficked marijuana and cocaine for the American CIA to fund right wing contra military groups during the Nicaraguan civil war. At the 4 minute mark it talks about a pilot who in March of 1986 worked for the CIA and landed at a CIA air strip in the jungle of El Aguacate Honduras where he smuggled a total of 25,000 pounds of marijuana back to Homestead U.S. Air force base in south Florida.

https://youtu.be/1Y7WcoZDO6o?t=230

Here is a New York Time article about the CIA air strip in Honduras from 1983

----http://www.nytimes.com/1983/12/14/world/at-a-honduras-base-more-questions-than-answers.html----

you must take out the --- lines at the end of the link for it to work.

This is a picture of the air strip from 1984

a-view-of-aguacate-airstrip-during-exercise-ahuas-tara-big-pine-ii-010c24-1024.jpg

You could make a historical recreation of the type of cannabis being smuggled back then by growing Honduras landrace under Reptisun 54 w ho tropical t5 lights or Arcadia 54 watt ho t5 with 6% UVB to mimic the tropical sunlight of the Honduran Jungle flowered in a screen of green SCROG to maximize the bud surface area expose to the UVB lights, maybe even grow the buds slightly seeded to make things even more historically accurate.

arcadia-d3-lamp-product-image.jpg

Then once the buds are dried wrap them in wax paper and use a car jack press or if you don't have one put the buds wrapped in wax paper under the back tire of your car and back over it to flatten it like a f*cking pancake!! then take the pancake bud chunk and seal it up some how so it is cutoff from all outside air like being in the center of a marijuana brick, then keep it that way for 4 or 5 months and presto!!!! You have recreated 1980's CIA contra weed!!!

This could be a new product line in dispensaries if they offered "historical recreation weed" from different regions and time periods.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to popping a couple of these seeds. The reports on the high are just outstanding.

led05

Chasing The Present
Sometimes I wish I could travel through time to smoke different kinds of cannabis from different periods in history and I just saw something that triggered my obsessive compulsive disorder.Below is a link to a 1987 special news report about pilots that trafficked marijuana and cocaine for the American CIA to fund right wing contra military groups during the Nicaraguan civil war. At the 4 minute mark it talks about a pilot who in March of 1986 worked for the CIA and landed at a CIA air strip in the jungle of El Aguacate Honduras where he smuggled a total of 25,000 pounds of marijuana back to Homestead U.S. Air force base in south Florida.

Here is a New York Time article about the CIA air strip in Honduras from 1983

----https://www.nytimes.com/1983/12/14/world/at-a-honduras-base-more-questions-than-answers.html----

you must take out the --- lines at the end of the link for it to work.

This is a picture of the air strip from 1984

View Image

You could make a historical recreation of the type of cannabis being smuggled back then by growing Honduras landrace under Reptisun 54 w ho tropical t5 lights or Arcadia 54 watt ho t5 with 6% UVB to mimic the tropical sunlight of the Honduran Jungle flowered in a screen of green SCROG to maximize the bud surface area expose to the UVB lights, maybe even grow the buds slightly seeded to make things even more historically accurate.

View Image

Then once the buds are dried wrap them in wax paper and use a car jack press or if you don't have one put the buds wrapped in wax paper under the back tire of your car and back over it to flatten it like a f*cking pancake!! then take the pancake bud chunk and seal it up some how so it is cutoff from all outside air like being in the center of a marijuana brick, then keep it that way for 4 or 5 months and presto!!!! You have recreated 1980's CIA contra weed!!!

This could be a new product line in dispensaries if they offered "historical recreation weed" from different regions and time periods.

Cool post...

I've done extensive testing on UVB bulbs and have a meter that specifically targets UVB / UV index wavelength so it is extremely accurate.

IME - By far the best true UVB for your buck are these lamps linked below (T5 306nm 14.7w version), used in Dermatology, industry for curing etc... the UVB one is the one you want and you're right, if growing equatorial plants the UVB really brings out special traits, especially terpenes

UVB light travels differently and penetrates differently than visible light IME, it doesn't seem to diminish nearly as fast from it's source as other ranges tend to.

Meter used:

https://www.solarmeter.com/model65....MI4PKg86n52AIV3bbACh3pHAJwEAQYAyABEgLdRPD_BwE

Link to Bulbs spec sheet

https://www.ushio.com/files/specifications/low-pressure-mercury-arc-blacklight.pdf

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

The reason for the kick ass high is that weed packed like that sweats and ferments.

Want to smoke something that'll scare the shit out of you? Try a Malawi cob.

"Yes cook her for a week and then check whats up. Cook longer if you have to, if you get it to be dark brown black after aging it will scare the living day lights out of you"

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309172

It's something I'm going to try to hoc this year.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the 6.2 Solarmeter. I know exactly what I am getting from the bulbs. Not much as it turns out. The maximum distance from my Reptisun 10, is 12 inches away to have any effect.

led05

Chasing The Present
I have the 6.2 Solarmeter. I know exactly what I am getting from the bulbs. Not much as it turns out. The maximum distance from my Reptisun 10, is 12 inches away to have any effect.

try the bulbs I linked...seriously

The arcadia bulbs at like 10 inches measure a UV index of 6, I forgot the reptisun or similar type of bulb readings but none were even 10 at 1 foot.... The medical grade Ushio I linked at the same 10 inches measure over 100, I know most think UV index stops at like 15 or 20 (altiplano) but the meter goes way beyond this and so does the index...

The meter is always accurate to outside (where I live never more than 9) UV index readings as well as an expensive outdoor weather station I have.

good UVB will come from Fluro, the best from medical grade bulbs not marketed to the ridiculously inflated cannabis industry or the inflated reptile bulb markets.

I've tested so many MH, LED claiming to have true UVB (ha 290-320nm, yeah right) fluros etc, like you said, all are a joke...

fwiw them ushio will burn the crap out of your plants any closer than 30" - better to use for a couple hours 3+ feet away

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
The reason for the kick ass high is that weed packed like that sweats and ferments.

Want to smoke something that'll scare the shit out of you? Try a Malawi cob.

"Yes cook her for a week and then check whats up. Cook longer if you have to, if you get it to be dark brown black after aging it will scare the living day lights out of you"

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309172

It's something I'm going to try to hoc this year.

spot on, good fermentation takes to a whole new level, taste is great too..... the tobacco industry been doing this a long time - I hate that industry but there are studies dating WAY back supporting this

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Cool post...

I've done extensive testing on UVB bulbs and have a meter that specifically targets UVB / UV index wavelength so it is extremely accurate.

IME - By far the best true UVB for your buck are these lamps linked below (T5 306nm 14.7w version), used in Dermatology, industry for curing etc... the UVB one is the one you want and you're right, if growing equatorial plants the UVB really brings out special traits, especially terpenes

UVB light travels differently and penetrates differently than visible light IME, it doesn't seem to diminish nearly as fast from it's source as other ranges tend to.

Meter used:

https://www.solarmeter.com/model65....MI4PKg86n52AIV3bbACh3pHAJwEAQYAyABEgLdRPD_BwE

Link to Bulbs spec sheet

https://www.ushio.com/files/specifications/low-pressure-mercury-arc-blacklight.pdf

Thanks for posting this info. How many watts of uvb ushio lamp would you recommend using with 1000w hps over 20 sqft. Do u run it just for couple hours a day during peak flowering?

Bumbatar

Has anyone tried flowering a scrog under a bank of five t5 HO 54 watt reptisuns or arcadias? was it a game changer in terms of potency and quality or make any significant difference?

led05

Chasing The Present
Thanks for posting this info. How many watts of uvb ushio lamp would you recommend using with 1000w hps over 20 sqft. Do u run it just for couple hours a day during peak flowering?

I'd get 2 for that space of the T5 14.7 w versions. I like this version the most due to it's small size and versatility and it's the most UVB % with 3w / 14.7w being mostly UVB. If I'm going to add UVB, it's during the entire life of a plant, otherwise what am I actually testing? It has to be it's life to add true value and valuable data, not just the last 2-3 weeks BS which is a marketing ploy by the industry.

A single one of these bulbs put off a LOT of UVB, put your hand near it for a few minutes within a foot and you'll smell like a tan in summer. I'd put them in separate single light fluro reptile fixtures with a reflector and space as equally as you can in your space.

I'd have each of them 3' from closest plant tops - the top of that plant will be a UV index of 20 or so from memory.

I've run them for a few hours (11am-2pm equiv) and as much as 6 hours (9-3), same idea middle of day. HPS to put plants to Bed, more blue to wake up, LED's etc.... Have tried a ton...

IME, UVB has both Pro's and Cons and is a high/top level goal i.e. - your shit is dialed in and your a very good grower of plants... Oh and please wear UV lenses, for real !!

UVB, to me drives the terps more than anything. Grow any species of herbs you eat inside a GH under Poly (blocks near all UVB) and then grow same herbs outside, the flavor differences and essential oils for me are the biggest differences I see..

The same holds true for canna

Borderliner

I'd get 2 for that space of the T5 14.7 w versions. I like this version the most due to it's small size and versatility and it's the most UVB % with 3w / 14.7w being mostly UVB. If I'm going to add UVB, it's during the entire life of a plant, otherwise what am I actually testing? It has to be it's life to add true value and valuable data, not just the last 2-3 weeks BS which is a marketing ploy by the industry.

agree I supplement uvb whole life after seedlings.:tiphat:

Bumbatar

A single one of these bulbs put off a LOT of UVB, put your hand near it for a few minutes within a foot and you'll smell like a tan in summer. I'd put them in separate single light fluro reptile fixtures with a reflector and space as equally as you can in your space.

I'd have each of them 3' from closest plant tops - the top of that plant will be a UV index of 20 or so from memory.

I've run them for a few hours (11am-2pm equiv) and as much as 6 hours (9-3), same idea middle of day. HPS to put plants to Bed, more blue to wake up, LED's etc.... Have tried a ton...

IME, UVB has both Pro's and Cons and is a high/top level goal i.e. - your shit is dialed in and your a very good grower of plants... Oh and please wear UV lenses, for real !!

UVB, to me drives the terps more than anything. Grow any species of herbs you eat inside a GH under Poly (blocks near all UVB) and then grow same herbs outside, the flavor differences and essential oils for me are the biggest differences I see..

The same holds true for canna

Those bulbs your talking about are listed as 17.17 inches in length, that seems like a weird size where did you get the fixture to put it in because I don't think I see it listed here in this link.

https://zoomed.com/reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood/

Latest posts

Latest posts