What's new

"Creator" Of Kush

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongRipkenJR.

I see people posting their "kushes"

Here is one of 2 phenos from a cross I did. It is an ECSD x an old school Pineapple Kush(pineapple X hindu kush) This pheno was purple, danky as fuck, and very very kushy!

picture.php
picture.php

This pheno however was sweet with a slight kush bottom end.
picture.php

Both were grown outdoors in smart pots, 707 soil, and fed with compost tea. They were both delicious, but the kushy phenotype was amazing. They were named after what they are, Sour Pineapple Kush.

BongRipkenJR.

Anyone know the real deal of what the genetics of Pre-98 bubba kush is? and whats the genetics of the post 98 bubba? I dont care about greenhouses bubba.. could care less..

I could be mistaken, but from my understanding pre98 bubba is master kush crossed with a pre98 bubblegum. I believe the other bubba is an imposter OG X Bubblegum

I have seen a green one that smells and looks like OG and then the pre98 cut that we have had for a while now that grows a super thick main stem and grows very short. The yield is respectable at best, but is always fire!

daheadies

poppin' outta control
for sure.. whatever I have is supposedly sweeter than the pre98 (according to my friends who have grown pre98).. Dunno where it came from exactly.. Its freakin amazing though.. I guess its the other one, but its not the greenhouse im pretty damn sure of that..

daheadies

poppin' outta control
the real original headband is masterkush x sour D right?

whats in masterkush? Normally I would look this shit up and do more research but since this is such an active thread I figure y not ask..

BongRipkenJR.

the real original headband is masterkush x sour D right?

whats in masterkush? Normally I would look this shit up and do more research but since this is such an active thread I figure y not ask..

I can't remember. I thought it was two different hindu kush's. There seems to be more than 1 master kush though. I think dutch passion has one, Nirvana probably ripped theirs off from another company, I have seen a nice clone going around here in Norcal. My buddy got some outdoor master kush in his co op that tested at 29% THC. Too me master kush and its crosses are my preferred smoke. I love the smell and taste and the high is what works for what ails me. Redwood Kush, u2 Lavender Kush, and Pre98 Bubba are my favorites. All master kush crosses.

Peksman

Ha- The first person that understands what my mind has been going through trying to figure out why Kush is in the name!!! I appreciate how Rez sticks to naming his breeds specifically according to the genetics that are in them, for the most part.. Or at least wouldn't mislead..
To give a little credit to BOG- one of my 3 SSK phenos currently far into flowering, which im about to harvest at 6.5 weeks (other phenos go longer), does have a reminiscent smell of Bubba Kush..
However, against BOG's advertising ethics- WITH THE SSK in particular- he told someone (Ill keep that person outta this) that he was not ever going to publicly release the SSK because it was so good he was only going to use it for breeding stock.. He did this to force his "Tester packs" to sell because they were not flying off the shelves.. The person that got told he wasn't releasing the SSK quoted BOG on IC and that made myself and others by multiple packs of his "tester packs", where you buy 3 packs of BOG and get 1 free pack of BOG SSK. It forced many people to buy tons of BOG gear, only to later find out that SSK would be publicly released. That was some bull shit if ive ever experienced it.. With no apology from BOG for the mix up, he just decided one day that he would announce when the SSK was being released.. Bullshit..
Disclaimer - since I was not in direct contact w/ bog for this situation I cant be held responsible for BOG's claim. but, Im just tellin it like i see it. I know others have come to the same conclusion as myself.
not entirely true. The tester packs were bx1...he said that he will use it as further breeding(and they were unreleased to public). He released bx2. It is better that you read that thread again. He never spoke about not releasing ssk...he just said that he doesnt release anything to public until bx2.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
not entirely true. The tester packs were bx1...he said that he will use it as further breeding(and they were unreleased to public). He released bx2. It is better that you read that thread again. He never spoke about not releasing ssk...he just said that he doesnt release anything to public until bx2.

Im saying he mislead a IC member through PM i believe who then told everyone else that SSK was not going to be released. At the time he said nothing about f1's or bx2's.. BOG strictly said SSK would not be publicly released to this person, who then told everyone. Many others know EXACTLY what im talking about peksman, and feel the same way as me..
However, when looking at the situation aposteriori, The people recieiving the testers did get something special b/c They did get F1's which arnt avaialbe to public and had the chance to get a strawberry pheno..
So im not saying things didnt work out for the "testers", they did.. It was just BS how the "not being released to public" message that got out forced the purchase of testers.. I know many of us would have gladly waited for public release of bx2 if we had known that was actually coming

bigwity

Veteran
OK... school is is session. Sit down kiddies and zip it.

The origins of Kush are from landrace indica in Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan (Kashmir) and Northwestern India. The name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range. Exported in the mid-to-late 1970s and continue to be available to the present day.

The Hindu Kush is a 500-mile mountain range that stretches between central Afghanistan and northern Pakistan. The highest point in the Hindu Kush is Tirich Mir, also called "roof of the world" (7,708 m or 25,289 ft) in the Chitral region of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.

It is the westernmost extension of the Pamir Mountains, the Karakoram Range, and is a sub-range of the Himalayas. It is also calculated to be the geographic center of population of the world

this is the only decent post in this thread what a shame i was thinking i was gonna learn how kush made its way to our growrooms.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is the only decent post in this thread what a shame i was thinking i was gonna learn how kush made its way to our growrooms.

Here's some contextual info. taken from this thread :
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20942&highlight=chitral+cultivation+report

Yep, its rather broad sweeping... lol

The terms 'Hindu Kush', and 'indica' are generic words.

Hindu Kush - vast region stretching from Afghanistan, across Pakistan NWF, S. Tajikistan and S.W. China

indica - used to describe varieties of cannabis falling in the lands to the 'west' of the River Indus.

Mel Franks suggests that: "Afghan* and Kush are often interchangable, and growers interchange the names enough so that either description may apply. Kush are generally slightly taller than Afghan* and the leaves are between Afghan* and sativas in both broadness of blades and in color."

*Franks uses the word Afghani which is the Afghan currency.
The correct use being Afghan or 'afghanica' as in something from Afghanistan. The term 'Afghansty' is also sometimes used in Russia.

The Chitral region is on the NW of Pakistan.Is a narrow valley,about 300/350 Km. long.Makes border with other valleys that have dense vegetation,such as Kalash de Birir,Rumbur or Bumburet.The Chitral valley is iolated from December to mid Spring,due to intense snows.
Temps may reach up to 30ºC (86ºF) in Summer,while in January,range between 1º and 10ºC.
Rain:up to 750ml/m2(from 500 to 750)
Humidity is higher in Summer,up to 65%;and in winter the average is 40%
The soil is dry and rich in carbonates.Low in organic compounds,Clay/sandy in the valley and turning to sandy at higher elevations.
to be continued....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

so far the picture sits as follows:

Chitral, an isolated inbred cultivar of Cannabis indica descending from the foothills of the Hindu Kush. Both wild cultigen, that sit at higher altitude, and cultivated varieties down valley receive very little water, inhabiting an arid type climate, with extreme contrasting temps, from day to night, summer to winter. They receive little or no rainfall, taking water from mountain snow as it melts.

I've got a few books I'm trying to find as I didn't even look at this thread until just now. Its great to see a grower going about things scientifically. In the meantime until I locate a few things I'd like to offer a little information you probably already know. Citral along with mazar-i-sharif and kandahari are all technically hindu kush varieties. Perhaps a paper about citral should mention and discuss the differences between these landrace. The terrain separates these regions so well that they can form different individual adaptations to very similar environments from a very similar ancestry. These three regions all have very dry summers and the little precipitation they recieve is during the winter. Forunately when the snow melts during the spring and summer it is used for irrigation. This system allows the farmers to ration out water based on the flow and supply of what was provided to them over the winter. This environment also obviously facilitates hashish production. Again this is probably info you already had and I will spend the next 2-3 days digging up what I can for you as this is a very admirable project. Unfortunately many of the dutch cultivars of various landrace represent a small portion of the traits available from that region many times they aren't even an accurate depiction and more a selection of traits that fits indoor the growing style. Sadly this region at least was and maybe still is off limits to those with american passports for quite some time. Its somewhat unrelated but drgreenthumb has a phenomenal kashmiri landrace collected by those who wish to preserve a true indica landrace that is the same as it was 1000 yrs ago. Kashmir is also a region many western passports are not allowed to travel. I also worry that the great indicas are going the way of many of the great sativas and getting hybridized in their region of origin. We definitely need a call to action to brave cannabis warriors/adventurers who wish to collect some of these.

Hope this helps

DWkush

OG Kush was born in the swamps of Florida.
last i checked that's east coast.

I have heard this theory before. Please explain Mr. I place hazes over OG and chems.

I have some mango haze x double underdawg beans. Possibly the best of both worlds. Im thinking about cracking some.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG only started to explode in cali once med mj was passed in the mid 90's.
all the best strains of the day followed suit to the land of "legal" buds.
not saying people havent been growing pot in cali for eons before that.
but things became more open once the med scene came around.

most of my fave hazes were originated (bred) in Cali.
i'll give credit where it's due.

and those beans are using the same mango haze mom i ran.
assuming they're from JJ.

and yes, hazes do trump chems and kushes IMO.

BongRipkenJR.

OG Kush was born in the swamps of Florida.
last i checked that's east coast.

Yeah, I would like some info that backs this up. It would seem weird that multiple sources corroborating the same story of an ounce of chemdog being sold for $500 and getting the seeds are all bogus. Chemdog and OG kush are very similar in smell taste and high. I doubt that strain originated in florida IMO, but lets here the story. The crackpot that owns that club in Colorado said he came up with it in florida, but he also said he invented master kush which we all know is hogwash!

Chem&M

Last I checked, OG was "Ocean Grown" born out of Cali, and an excellent s1 of Chemdog.

I thought the Chem origins have been proven time & again?

Status
Not open for further replies.