What's new

"Creator" Of Kush

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FreshGenetics

I have been watching this story go on since I have been on the boards. I seen some detailed stories from people about it's origin and all kinds of wild claims. The funny thing is outside Cali most people haven't had it. It is a California thing. I really think that everybody tries to call their bud kush there, for marketing purposes. Just like the purple shit. I mean it is a pretty, but it is not better than green weed.

To a certain extent that is true.

However a true OG Kush or cross thereof is
very recognizable in look, flavor and effect.

Devastating.Delicious.

DWkush

Quote from a very trusted source:
"I love cannabis mythology. It's fun and the stories are fascinating. The whole JoBlo/Chemdawg story about OG is a great one. They are the cannabis equivalent of campfire tales.

Until we can examine genetic evidence, it's tough to say where all these strains originated. Based on chemotypes, OG is likely expressing Thai/Nepalese origins. OG could have some Af/Pak genetics in there somewhere, but it doesn't show up in its morphology. My current favorite OG story is that it's an NL/stress cross from Sylmar in the early 80's. I like the simplicity of that creation myth. The most ludicrous OG myth is that it originated in Iran in the 70's.

Affie is supposedly an early Afghan from Venice. Bubba looks considerably different, as it's much lighter in color. They are definitely not the same strain. To me, Affie smells like coffee; Bubba smells more like sandalwood.
"

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Sure there is a region called Kush and most of us already know that. But have you ever been to a place where things grow wild? Noting is pure. Nothing is naturally good. If you seen where your Red Delicious apple come from you would not believe they are both apples. And landrace weed that are wild are as unstable as the original apples. The biggest job of most breeders is to isolate qualities and breed out the bad. Your Chihuahua dog come from the wolf believe it or not.

Of course real Kush isnt just growing out in the wild, it's been selectively cultivated by the people who live there for hundreds of years.

What an incredibly narrow minded world view you have if you think western cannabis breeders could do something in 30 years that the natives of the Hindu Kush Mountains could not do in 2000 years...

DWkush

You guys were all taken in btw. This is a guy posting a free ad for his dispensary.

LOL! I'm spreading the word about the clubs fraudulent claims. The owner really creeps me out. Im dumbfounded in how many of his customers eat his lies up and worship him. I soo wish things were more legal and the Fair practice commissions would serve him with charges.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I grew out a dozen Chitral seeds from Pakistan in the Hindu Kush Region about 10 years ago. It was some of the most amazing bud I have ever toked. The buds were light blue.

designer

Of course real Kush isnt just growing out in the wild, it's been selectively cultivated by the people who live there for hundreds of years.

What an incredibly narrow minded world view you have if you think western cannabis breeders could do something in 30 years that the natives of the Hindu Kush Mountains could not do in 2000 years...

Most of the food we eat in the world today has been selectively breed in the last couple hundred of years. You didn't have beans and corn in Europe and you didn't apples in the USA. Check out this site:
http://www.pbs.org/thebotanyofdesire/

Corn that taste like sugar, rice that taste like popcorn, red apples that are sweet and pot that can be finished in a couple months.

In the third world and especially with illegal crops technology lacks the US. In Morocco, for instance, the weed they grow is openly pollinated and pretty much just ditch weed. The hash is good sometimes, but the weed sucks.

mrktwiz

Yeah yeah but nobody here is smoking that horse shit. They are all smoking selectively bred indicas that finish in 8 weeks. Nothing is pure or real in this world anymore.

HEY I grow and smoke that horse shit and it is leet and deep...easy man!

S

SicKSKills

great idea...next state that goes medical, im moving there and claiming the same thing:)

mrktwiz

That's like saying nobody is smoking "that horse shit" Thai, Hawaiian, Mexican, Jamaican, Lebanese or AFGHAN... just selectively bred indicas "real kush"... ridiculous.

Regardless of your beliefs, some people still have respect for the marijuana genealogy pool. Instead of looking like a fool, you should have just zipped it.

You obviously don't have a clue where your bud really comes from, but the forum is all yours genius.

OH SNAP....someone just got owned

MrDank

Veteran
AFOAF trims for those guys, and inquired about the whole "Kush" thing...and he said it was called "Kush" because of how the buds feel when you squeeze them

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You say I don't know, but do you? All you know is what people tell you.
.....And landrace weed that are wild are as unstable as the original apples.
I invented the phrase "What is this 2 girls 1 cup you speak of?"
Now you're showing us what you really know. Apples never breed true. It's almost a genetic impossibility for them. I only say 'almost' because nothing is impossible. Cannabis, on the other hand, does breed true consistently for many traits. Go back and re-read the Botany of Desire instead of just referring to the PBS special on it.

designer

I invented the phrase "What is this 2 girls 1 cup you speak of?"
Now you're showing us what you really know. Apples never breed true. It's almost a genetic impossibility for them. I only say 'almost' because nothing is impossible. Cannabis, on the other hand, does breed true consistently for many traits. Go back and re-read the Botany of Desire instead of just referring to the PBS special on it.

So you think I should have scanned the book and cut it paste it onto the thread?

When you say breed true, you mean when you plant a seed you will always get the same thing? You seem more intelligent than to state that so I need some clarification.

I do know that weed has Always been a name game. But really bud is a crop that is good or bad, or an era thing. We had Colombian in the 70s grown by countless farmers. You had importers going to Colombia and selecting out the good from the bad to bring back. The Americans gave it names like red or gold. If you go to places that weed is grown you will see so many different kinds being offered. You may even have a hard time getting the same kind twice.

I was in Arcata and I seen several different kinds of bud that come in different looks and smells called Kush. I almost feel that Kush is another word for weed there. Hell, if it gets you high that is the bottom line. Some of the people here act like it is a religion or something. Do not blaspheme the holy kush. I even got a red mark in reputation for my opinion on it.

W

wiseone

can you say the beginning of a "pissing contest".
I'm out before this gets ugly and locked.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
OK... school is is session. Sit down kiddies and zip it.

The origins of Kush are from landrace indica in Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan (Kashmir) and Northwestern India. The name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range. Exported in the mid-to-late 1970s and continue to be available to the present day.

The Hindu Kush is a 500-mile mountain range that stretches between central Afghanistan and northern Pakistan. The highest point in the Hindu Kush is Tirich Mir, also called "roof of the world" (7,708 m or 25,289 ft) in the Chitral region of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.

It is the westernmost extension of the Pamir Mountains, the Karakoram Range, and is a sub-range of the Himalayas. It is also calculated to be the geographic center of population of the world

we're well aware of this. this was a thread to help people steer clear of this dude that is an obvious douche and fraud. then it's just fun to jump on the band wagon. i think it's pretty obvious that these indicas came from the mountains of pakistan and afghanistan. the chem line probably started with a pure afghani or paki "kush" plant that seeds were brought back to the US from in the late 60s early 70s. by the 80s they were selected for potency, then by '91 whatever that herb was that the original chem seeds were from was probably a result of closet breeders throughout the 70s and 80s from the original paki or afghani seeds

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
and speaking of people taking credit for things. this is the same thing that bret bogue and his crew does out in san diego and LA. the apothecary site claims that him and his breeders are originators of Strawberry Cough, Chemdawg and Bubba Kush. last time I checked Kyle Kushman, or the dude he got the cut from in vermont isn't working for him, and neither is Chemdog. the people we know put those strains out. I know some one who personall got the cough from Kyle in detroit in '97-'98 on his way out west after he quit high times.

vaped

Everybody wants a piece of fame and glory and alot of people will believe just about anything. What I have noticed in most shops is the patrons dont know shit about pot. I see people walking out of shops with tweeds happy as hell thinking they just scored some chronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.