What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Creator" Of Kush

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
OG Kush is older than 1991...

Kush is region in afghanistan and pakistan. Hippies brought back seeds from this area in the 60s and 70s back to California and grew them out. OG is a recessive gene trait found in this gene pool...

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Ocean Grown?really?..this has all been talk and talked about before....sorry chem&m...that's a bogus story....so u guys think BuBBA is a Western term?south boys...i wish Xavier.....or vision creator would comment in these thread's...but then again i dont blame em'....who would you guy's really believe anywho?take it for what it is...DANK!black haze also from Fla......oh yeah...crippy's from fla...jk...........fuckit.........

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Im with mike on the chem story, thats bullshit. Whether it was Florida or Cali, the genes come from old school 70s Kush gene pool...

BongRipkenJR.

Those genetics technically have been around for centuries. As far as it being chemdog and OG kush goes, it seems the story that has been around for awhile and corroborated for years by Chem himself and some other people is accurate. Maybe you guys in Florida were growing the genetics, but it wasn't OG kush until it came to California. I honestly find it hard to believe that it started in Florida though. The problem is there is plenty of evidence that suggests Chems original story, but not one drop of evidence that suggests it came from florida. The fact that the original chem had hermie tendencies, you would think someone in florida would of been growing seeds of it out.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
not entirely true. The tester packs were bx1...he said that he will use it as further breeding(and they were unreleased to public). He released bx2. It is better that you read that thread again. He never spoke about not releasing ssk...he just said that he doesnt release anything to public until bx2.
---------------------------------
I LOOKED BACK AT THE MESSAGE BOARDS! HERES WHAT I FOUND

Then on 11/4/10 - The same IC member asked this question, BOG never responded to his question till all testers were sold.. He managed to answer everone elses questions though in this thread.. Literally everyones, and completely ignored the gnome..

hi BOG,
your SSK testers were a huge success in my grow and others are excited with it also.
do plan to do any kind of release of this strain in the future?
I know you said you planned to use what you had for future breeding projects but if everyone else has the same results as me with the SSKs is there any chance you would release them for sale?
once again, the SSKs are a fantasic strain!

Then as soon as testers were finally gone, bog proudly announced the release of SSK bx2

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
You guys are all so full of shit. If you did your research you'd realize where OG Kush actually came from and it's not from NYC or Tahoe or Florida or Indiana or wherever...

Corinthians 3:21
"God giveth unto man the seed OG of Kush, and said 'Go forth and plant this seed for it is good.' Adam said 'Oh Lord, from where forth does it spring?' and god said 'from my butthole, newb'. So Adam did planteth the seed, and it was good."

It's from God, dipshits, he said it right there in the bible.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
im done arguing, and im not trying to get down on BOG. I appreciate his gear. I just experienced a false notion of exclusivity that was actually just an advertising hype.. world keeps spinning.. good day everyone. We can all agree that we all love kush.
woot

Chem&M

Ocean Grown?really?..this has all been talk and talked about before....sorry chem&m...that's a bogus story....so u guys think BuBBA is a Western term?south boys...i wish Xavier.....or vision creator would comment in these thread's...but then again i dont blame em'....who would you guy's really believe anywho?take it for what it is...DANK!black haze also from Fla......oh yeah...crippy's from fla...jk...........fuckit.........

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure why I thought for sure that was it with the OG, but oh well. +1 $mike

Yeah, I think it's hilarious (and really sad) that this is being claimed.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ok so we gotta clarify a couple things, something we can all agree on.

the OG kush that most of us know, the lemon pinesol fuel bud that is viney and somewhat hard to grow but awesome smoke...is NOT the original kush that comes from the hindu kush mountain region.

Its only genetic connection to the hindu kush is the Pakistani Citral kush that was part of the lemon thai male used to pollinate the chemdawg 91...

but then i hear about it simply being an s1 of chemdawg 91, so was it hit with the lemonthai/pck cross afterwards. i know that the SFV OG kush was the result of that s1 combined with the lemon PCK male....and it looks different than chem91. i wish i had more pics of chem 91, but from what ive seen and heard, it looks alot different than the OG kush, the nugs are super dense to the core of the nug and have poddy swollen calyxs...the SFV is a pretty good representation of most OG kushes that we see in cali clubs, it has traits from all the "ghost, tahoe, platinums" out there..
picture.php

4082699546_362359e22f_z.jpg

5353445206_e6032303bf_z.jpg

5280017861_437fc8dcca_z.jpg

the chemdawg has a more headband sour kind of look, if anyone has grown Chem4, headband, you know what im talking about. similar smell, but different bud structure.
heres a pic of C4 for reference, the chemdawg usually has rounder nugs, less pods, the nugs have a dense look but arent as dense as the OG is to the core.
picture.php

ganja-gourmet-chemdog-01-id.jpeg

also...can anybody post pics of the actual PAKISTANI CITRAL KUSH, as well as authentic hindu kush itself. ive seen alot of hindu kush available at places but i always doubt its really hindu because they have never impressed me. just your basic earthy green bud that smokes sorta like a kush but lacks the lemon mint taste...

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
also...can anybody post pics of the actual PAKISTANI CITRAL KUSH, as well as authentic hindu kush itself. ive seen alot of hindu kush available at places but i always doubt its really hindu because they have never impressed me. just your basic earthy green bud that smokes sorta like a kush but lacks the lemon mint taste...

Chitral' (from Ace and CannaBioGen) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4256464&postcount=996 ;)

Apart from PCK, there're for me much fruits terpenes found in the Hindu Kush! Lemon yeah but strawberries, blueberries too... ;)
:dance013:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
ok so we gotta clarify a couple things, something we can all agree on.

the OG kush that most of us know, the lemon pinesol fuel bud that is viney and somewhat hard to grow but awesome smoke...is NOT the original kush that comes from the hindu kush mountain region.

Its only genetic connection to the hindu kush is the Pakistani Citral kush that was part of the lemon thai male used to pollinate the chemdawg 91...

but then i hear about it simply being an s1 of chemdawg 91, so was it hit with the lemonthai/pck cross afterwards. i know that the SFV OG kush was the result of that s1 combined with the lemon PCK male....and it looks different than chem91. i wish i had more pics of chem 91, but from what ive seen and heard, it looks alot different than the OG kush, the nugs are super dense to the core of the nug and have poddy swollen calyxs...the SFV is a pretty good representation of most OG kushes that we see in cali clubs, it has traits from all the "ghost, tahoe, platinums" out there..
picture.php

4082699546_362359e22f_z.jpg

5353445206_e6032303bf_z.jpg

5280017861_437fc8dcca_z.jpg

the chemdawg has a more headband sour kind of look, if anyone has grown Chem4, headband, you know what im talking about. similar smell, but different bud structure.
heres a pic of C4 for reference, the chemdawg usually has rounder nugs, less pods, the nugs have a dense look but arent as dense as the OG is to the core.
picture.php

ganja-gourmet-chemdog-01-id.jpeg

Im not gonna blow up anybody's spot because thats how they make money but I am sick of the Chem S1 story...not all growers post on the internet, not all growers know someone who posts on the internet...hell the internet didn't even get popular until the mid 90s(when OG Kush started to get hyped). So everything that happened before then is considered gone and we just start when cannsites started to pop up on the net? That's like finding an island in the middle of the ocean with new species of animals and plants. To the locals those plants and animals are not new, to the rest of the world it is. Just because the rest of the world found out about it doesnt mean that it wasnt there for however long before...

BongRipkenJR.

Ok, so this thread might of got a lot more interesting, or a lot more confusing. Maybe even slightly retarded. I emailed the owner of the club Matt Berger on his take of the origins of og kush and this is what he told me...

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Matt Berger wrote:

Hey bro...how'z it going. I appreciate your interest in the origins og the kush and bubba kush. Master kush is some bullshit that the kanuck got a hold of and tried to flood LA with garbage trying to copy the Kush, Kush was not called og until after BReal and snoop made it famous. It stood for the Original...the real deal...Everyone was calling there shit Kush. I am Bubba. I started the Bubba and named it after me and my friends...my bubbas...This was in Gainesville Florida which is where my partners older brother coined the name Kush in 1990. The bubba kush started in 96 after a hermi accident which my kush pollinated my Bubba and my Purple Indica. That gave birth to the Bubba Kush and the Purple Kush or PI. These are the facts. The guys at high times or B Real will validate this truth. There is no strait Bubba left. All my friends that had it killed it off after the Bubba Kush. When I first brought the Kush to LA, I was getting 8g's a lb. So we quit the bubba and was only doing Kush and Bubba Kush which brought the best price. Unfortunately, my strait Bubba was lost. I have yet to see anything like it since 96-97. There will be an interview on weedmaps coming up and High Times will be releasing the story as well. I have known the people from High times for over a decade andf the have been waiting for me to allow them to publish my story and book. I am sure...just like the guys that say og stands for ocean grown or the kush guy is dead or from New Zealand...you are still in disbelief...but if you want ta talk about ridiculous...listen to those fools.

bigbag

Veteran
have heard from very credible sources that the Master Kush clone thats in BC was aquired in Florida at a very hefty price($50 K ?!). the PK, MK, BK andsome OG's are all sooo similar, so that figures...

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Chitral' (from Ace and CannaBioGen) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4256464&postcount=996 ;)

Apart from PCK, there're for me much fruits terpenes found in the Hindu Kush! Lemon yeah but strawberries, blueberries too... ;)
:dance013:

Perfect representation of the paki c.k.'s I just saw!

Ok, so this thread might of got a lot more interesting, or a lot more confusing. Maybe even slightly retarded. I emailed the owner of the club Matt Berger on his take of the origins of og kush and this is what he told me...

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Matt Berger wrote:

Hey bro...how'z it going. I appreciate your interest in the origins og the kush and bubba kush. Master kush is some bullshit that the kanuck got a hold of and tried to flood LA with garbage trying to copy the Kush, Kush was not called og until after BReal and snoop made it famous. It stood for the Original...the real deal...Everyone was calling there shit Kush. I am Bubba. I started the Bubba and named it after me and my friends...my bubbas...This was in Gainesville Florida which is where my partners older brother coined the name Kush in 1990. The bubba kush started in 96 after a hermi accident which my kush pollinated my Bubba and my Purple Indica. That gave birth to the Bubba Kush and the Purple Kush or PI. These are the facts. The guys at high times or B Real will validate this truth. There is no strait Bubba left. All my friends that had it killed it off after the Bubba Kush. When I first brought the Kush to LA, I was getting 8g's a lb. So we quit the bubba and was only doing Kush and Bubba Kush which brought the best price. Unfortunately, my strait Bubba was lost. I have yet to see anything like it since 96-97. There will be an interview on weedmaps coming up and High Times will be releasing the story as well. I have known the people from High times for over a decade andf the have been waiting for me to allow them to publish my story and book. I am sure...just like the guys that say og stands for ocean grown or the kush guy is dead or from New Zealand...you are still in disbelief...but if you want ta talk about ridiculous...listen to those fools.

That is the exact same story that Bubba told me when I went in asking about " the creators of kush"

I will say that they do actually have some decent herb which seems rare for a dispense these days....., and this story doesn't seem any less believable than any other of the kush legends that are out there.

We can all talk shit but unless you are the creator of kush then how do you know either way? I've heard "Ocean Grown" as well chem & and don't think there is hard evidence to support or disprove that theory so who knows....

BongRipkenJR.

There are two different stories to this OG kush deal. Here is my quick speculation.

I speculate that Matt Berger is probably correct in fact. He was probably growing it out for awhile. Okay, so here is where the other story comes into play. An ounce was probably bought for $500 and it probably did contain seeds. Chemdawg then grew them out and they weren't the same, but probably similar. You know how this story turns out though. He probably thought he was on to something, but someone else(Matt or some florida people) were already growing the "Kush" so there were probably 2 representations of the OG kush. Now there are a lot of different cuts. So more than likely, someone got seeds from a bag of weed and took credit for someones previous work, who probably did the same thing in the 80s. Something tells me that one of the most sought after and most expensive strains in history all started from some seeds found in imported weed in the 70's and 80's.

Personally I prefer the master kush to the og kush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts