What's new

"Creator" Of Kush

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
"The funny thing is outside Cali most people haven't had it. It is a California thing."

Negative on that roger ..im from the big apple and ive smoked more "og kush" than i can remember ..more "fake"sour than real...Thats like me saying youve never experienced ecsd or real nycd because ur from the west ..I have a kush nose ..i can smell kush percentage in hybrids ..because alot of weed is exported out of the west doesnt mean were in the weed stone age ...I think the effects of yrs of legalization is giving some people a big head ...we might do it as big or in the open but we still keep it dank ...besides that u made some good points ..all these stories are entertaining u cant buy into them ..

Bunz

I have been watching this story go on since I have been on the boards. I seen some detailed stories from people about it's origin and all kinds of wild claims. The funny thing is outside Cali most people haven't had it. It is a California thing. I really think that everybody tries to call their bud kush there, for marketing purposes. Just like the purple shit. I mean it is a pretty, but it is not better than green weed.

Where I live I heard about the Alaska Thunderfuck. Never seen it, just heard about it. Many years later I read about people having an original clone of it blah blah blah.

Back in the Overgrow days (about 10 or so years ago), I was one of the lucky first people to be gifted the OG Kush clone. Doesn't yield well, very lanky, but produces the frostiest buds w/ the most distinctive smell. It had been mostly a fable around Overgrow with most believing it was just a strain was just a marketing ploy. Orgnkid, r-a-s-k-a-l and I were a few that had the original.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anybody remember the "garlic" clone?????

picture.php

Bunz :D

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
the chem line probably started with a pure afghani or paki "kush" plant that seeds were brought back to the US from in the late 60s early 70s. by the 80s they were selected for potency, then by '91 whatever that herb was that the original chem seeds were from was probably a result of closet breeders throughout the 70s and 80s from the original paki or afghani seeds

B I N G O
:hotbounce :jump: :hotbounce :jump:

T

Tr33

There's always someone claiming to be the originator of famous cuts.
why try and pull a fast one on those who know?
Easy, they have low self esteem and need to reassure themselves in their own
mind that they are better than others when in reality they are nothing but
a waste of human flesh stealing others work.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Q: What are the genetics of Abusive Kush? Is it simply an OG Kush phenomenon?

A:

Q: What flavor of Bubblegum was used in the genetics of Bubba Kush?

A:

daheadies

poppin' outta control
I have been trying to figure out this Kush phenomenon for some time now..
What I gathered is that:
Kush originated in the Hindu Kush area, but when OG Kush was named, it didn't necessarily have any kush in it. From then on, the 'kush" identification has been one used to identify taste, rather than genetics.. However, of course crosses were and are made w/ OG Kush to make the genetics then have kush, og kush..
If that makes any sense.
I could be wrong, this is just my understanding

Part of my understanding of this came from understanding BOG's Strawberry Kush clone that didn't contain any "kush" genetics but is called kush because of the kush taste..

daheadies

poppin' outta control
I dont know much about abusive, but I asked back when the packs were going up for xmas and I got this response:
its a kush, abusive kush, i believe breed by a kat named abusive. supposed to be pretty good, its one of the one im looking at....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i wonder what his kurples fantasy is...there is a ton of purps x og crosses out there....most of them originated in the bay area and some are related to the cherry pie/girlscout line....another variation is around called "purple crypt" which is also reall good. all really kushy in smell but having purple colored tint and a candy taste on top of the deep kush taste....

i invented g13,florida express pre91,and the black hate on that.i take donations of all line which have MY genes in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol who created anything natural?maby adjusted or manipulated the natural selection.anywho rant off peace o btw heard rumors of kush being a florida thing that some dude took to a medical state(cali)to pump the clone to avoid prison??????idk and dont care as long as those cut and buds make it 2 the fla who gives a flying bodidley shit.ok rant noff for real double peace:tiphat:lol

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I have been trying to figure out this Kush phenomenon for some time now..
What I gathered is that:
Kush originated in the Hindu Kush area, but when OG Kush was named, it didn't necessarily have any kush in it. From then on, the 'kush" identification has been one used to identify taste, rather than genetics.. However, of course crosses were and are made w/ OG Kush to make the genetics then have kush, og kush..
If that makes any sense.
I could be wrong, this is just my understanding

Part of my understanding of this came from understanding BOG's Strawberry Kush clone that didn't contain any "kush" genetics but is called kush because of the kush taste..

bog calls it kush because it has sour bubble in it and sourbubble was made with pre98 bubba kush... Thats why anything with sourbubble in it bog calls it kush....

daheadies

poppin' outta control
bog calls it kush because it has sour bubble in it and sourbubble was made with pre98 bubba kush... Thats why anything with sourbubble in it bog calls it kush....

I KNOW that "sour bubble in it and sourbubble was made with pre98 bubba kush..." HOWEVER BOG himself has said that he calls it sour strawberry kush because of the name of his strawberry kush clone.. He pretty much got lucky w/ the fact that his sour bubble actually has kush "genetics" in it..
Regardless of the fact of why BOG named his SSK as he did, his Strawberry Kush clone contained no Kush "genetics". maybe on down the line if you trace it back you'll find something connected to a kush genetic I dunno, but Im pretty sure the strawberry Kush clone that he had was named strawberry kush b/c it smelled like strawberries and kush..

HA- Im not raggin on you poopy! I have been tryin to figure out this mind bender for months now.. I have enquired to BOG many times about the naming of his strawberry sour kush, this is his response
-ACTUAL RESPONSE FROM BOG from 12/17/2010 on the "BOG Sour Strawberry" Thread-

"I originally called it SSK with the Kush in the name in honor of the local cloners who named their clone Strawberry Kush. There wasn't any Kush in it until I crossed my sour bubble to it and made a few first cross seeds to use and I made the testers. I have stored a good supply of the first bx seeds for future breeding stock. They fostered huge beautiful strawberry smelling plants with somewhat tighter buds than the clone. The clone was wonderful to begin with and I did again place sour bubble pollen upon the first bx plants grown outdoors this year. They went 10 ft tall and I do have some pics of them."

In addition to that stuff, I have done some research on other forum's about this very topic.. Most people think that naming of "Kush" has been perverted from origin to a description of taste/smell ever since the OG Kush naming..

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Ha- The first person that understands what my mind has been going through trying to figure out why Kush is in the name!!! I appreciate how Rez sticks to naming his breeds specifically according to the genetics that are in them, for the most part.. Or at least wouldn't mislead..
To give a little credit to BOG- one of my 3 SSK phenos currently far into flowering, which im about to harvest at 6.5 weeks (other phenos go longer), does have a reminiscent smell of Bubba Kush..
However, against BOG's advertising ethics- WITH THE SSK in particular- he told someone (Ill keep that person outta this) that he was not ever going to publicly release the SSK because it was so good he was only going to use it for breeding stock.. He did this to force his "Tester packs" to sell because they were not flying off the shelves.. The person that got told he wasn't releasing the SSK quoted BOG on IC and that made myself and others by multiple packs of his "tester packs", where you buy 3 packs of BOG and get 1 free pack of BOG SSK. It forced many people to buy tons of BOG gear, only to later find out that SSK would be publicly released. That was some bull shit if ive ever experienced it.. With no apology from BOG for the mix up, he just decided one day that he would announce when the SSK was being released.. Bullshit..
Disclaimer - since I was not in direct contact w/ bog for this situation I cant be held responsible for BOG's claim. but, Im just tellin it like i see it. I know others have come to the same conclusion as myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
It's sad u can put a label on something and sell more ..but its been going on in america for ever ..but what is also does is cluaterfuck the canna world ..the books will have it wrong so will the people ..then u have one side misguided and not know what they are fighting/defending for later ..ur still gonna have people tell u there's kush in it

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kush originated in the Hindu Kush area, but when OG Kush was named, it didn't necessarily have any kush in it.

Bravo we have a winner :yes:

We called our Kentish Creme x Orange Kush "Green Knot Kush" for the very reason,, it doesn't have any 'kush' in its lineage ... (regardless of the fact the grandparent was 'og kush' )... plus 'Green Knot Kush' is a play on words that works in anagram :D

Krusher

Bravo we have a winner :yes:

We called our Kentish Creme x Orange Kush "Green Knot Kush" for the very reason,, it doesn't have any 'kush' in its lineage ... (regardless of the fact the grandparent was 'og kush' )... plus 'Green Knot Kush' is a play on words that works in anagram :D

Its not green?? :p

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
If I'm breeding Kush, you damn better believe it's going to be from where I say it's from. Hints the Hindu Kush Valley, preferably the northeast tip of Pakistan :D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Purple Kush sometimes turns purple :D ... and smokes more like a "Kush".

We were slightly disappointed (gutted) that our "Rainbow Kush" .. haha (which is a Kush,, Purple Kush x Orange Kush didn't turn into a fudging rainbow, but you cant have everything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.