What's new

Canna Boost V Molasses - side by side comparison.

B

bonecarver_OG

darookie - that product is super cheap.. 4 drops to a gallon.. its gonna last a looong time.

im tempted to test this in the future also :D hehe lest see :D what sucks is the 25% tax on import from the states :(

peace

nomaad

Veteran
http://containergardening.wordpress...d-organic-gardening-google-tristate-observer/ It's possible that this is the secret ingredient in Boost.

http://www.drjimz.com/
http://www.mauilcf.com/
Both are the same product.

http://www.cannabis-world.org/cw/showthread.php?t=4891 Here's a thread I found about it - the brewing method (if not the ingredients and timeframe) sounds very similar to the process that was described to me. I'm not sure what the dilution rate is, so I don't know if it's cheaper or more expensive than boost, but it might be interesting to run side-by-side with boost (which, incidentally was described to me as "discovered by accident" and "was originally used to protect fruit trees from frost").

this stuff looks amazing. if I prove triacontinol to be effective, perhaps I will run it against this CCF stuff.

I just ordered a bottle of Maui LCF. $33 for an ounce, with shipping. Dr Jimz looks like it comes in 1/4 oz bottles (the bottle pictured is the small one at the top, not the bottom one). I have a feeling that the application rate is going to be a bit higher for this than they say because of the rapid growth rate and short life cycle that we expect.

G

Greyskull

i see that stuff is hawaiian/maui made.... NICE
i know someone who's gonna be relocating near Puunene... lucky guy he is!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as stated again

is someone finds me a place to get it tested and it's in reason I can test this stuff and post up the results, as I'm very interested in whats in the bottle for it to be $75

as stated again

is someone finds me a place to get it tested and it's in reason I can test this stuff and post up the results, as I'm very interested in whats in the bottle for it to be $75
I started to type out the response before, but got sidetracked while researching. It's very expensive, as far as I can tell, to test the composition of carbohydrates in this type of application because a simple gas chromatography test would not show the structure of the oligosaccharides in question. I don't have a background in organic chemistry, so bear with me, but as I understand it, some of the testing processes can cause the carbohydrates to break down. I believe that what's contained in Boost is a number of sugars, one of which is a messenger oligosaccharide (again, no o chem background, so it may be attached to another structure) contained in the cell walls of plants, which is released during a stem snap. When you prune a plant, have you ever noticed that after it is done with the stress it speeds up a bit? We are doing the same thing (as I understand) by adding the carbohydrate artificially - triggering the stress response that mends stem breaks, without causing the stress-induced stunt that initiates the process.

G

Greyskull

so, if House & Garden is the new and improved 'canna' formulas, then bud xl is the H&G equivalent to Boost, yes?

anyone tried the H&G version?

so, if House & Garden is the new and improved 'canna' formulas, then bud xl is the H&G equivalent to Boost, yes?

anyone tried the H&G version?
Nope, not quite the same. Bud XL is designed to mobilize nutrients from the leaves, as I understand it. I don't think they have an equivalent. They have a lot of good stuff, though (I don't have most of their bloom boosters, but I got shooting powder). I might try to get the rest of the line and make my next run an experimental one :joint:

G

Greyskull

off topic but for shits and giggle may also do a side by side H&G vs Canna

one of the shops i go to wants to comp me on the nutes to see for myself

off topic but for shits and giggle may also do a side by side H&G vs Canna

one of the shops i go to wants to comp me on the nutes to see for myself
Yeah, I've been meaning to try H&G. I have most of it but it didn't fit into my plan last time and this time I really wanted to try canna bio.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone!

Thank-you to everyone who has posted, some great posts I want to come back to but need to post the pics first, OH :noway:, please debate but be nice if you disagree, we are ALL on the same side!. If anyone needs an example of how to disagree with good manners check out Bonecarver and Greyskull a few pages back.

Right, the girls are just starting to set out their stalls as you'll see, the plants are 21 days into 12/12 these being Hazy they are slow off the mark so the flowers are very fresh, ok, little!, I don't see any difference in any of the plants after 14 days of the various feeds, but I didn't expect to, these plants flower for around 10/11 weeks as clones so it is very early.

Plants A
picture.php

Plant A Bud
picture.php

Plants B
picture.php

Plant B Bud
picture.php

Plant B
picture.php

Plants C
picture.php

Plant C Bud
picture.php

I don't know how to post so they enlarge but they're in my album if needed, I will update the pics in 7 days.

B

bonecarver_OG

to comunicate nicelly is an artform :D hehe

greyskull is very knowledgeable and i enjoy chatting about growing with him. i wouldnt want to come across as rude in any kind of way. specially since we are hogging your thread. thank you very much for letting us all have a common ground for debating :D

an open debate is the best way to be able to improve a process, we all gotto work together!

peace all!

greyskull is very knowledgeable and i enjoy chatting about growing with him. i wouldnt want to come across as rude in any kind of way. specially since we are hogging your thread. thank you very much for letting us all have a common ground for debating :D

an open debate is the best way to be able to improve a process, we all gotto work together!

peace all!
We definitely got a lot of good discussion out of this thread. I really enjoy the experimentation aspect of this and being able to discuss/debate/whatever with other people who have similar approaches, even if we disagree is a good way to even better results. In searching for the secret to Boost, I think we may have found another way. My order should arrive in the next day or two and, heck, I may give them a little now. It's not a fair test at this point because it may not even do anything, but I'll give it a proper rigorous test next time (this run started from seed, so it couldn't possibly be a fair test anyway :)).

I won't hijack any further with pics of my progress (I think my pictures are roughly a week ahead of the ones above), I'll put a few in a gallery if anyone's interested.

Nemesi5

this will be funny if the molasses shows better results. some1 get a time machine so we can find out now! ^^

G

Greyskull

this will be funny if the molasses shows better results. some1 get a time machine so we can find out now! ^^

it won't... already used the flux capacitor, homie.

but stay tuned because its something you should see for yourself.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coir Catastrophe

Coir Catastrophe

peace all!
You are very welcome b'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
OFF TOPIC BUT.... as I have mentioned the stuff earlier in the thread, I
want to throw out a note of caution regarding Galuku coir, I recently used some to pot a few plants up and after a few day's did not see any problems, I actually like the make up of this stuff, it has more chips and hardly any fibre so looks to hold more air to water than Canna's coir, I started a pack of Super Silver Hazes for Xmas, the seeds flew out, 12 hours soak and I had to plant as tails were showing, 15 of 18 were all up after 48 hrs so these seeds were fine, were!!!!, after 2 or 3 days I noticed the edges of the 1st true leaves drying out and looking over fertilised, they have never had feed , only thing close was the seaweed in the soak the seeds started in. I leached the pots and the run-off was pretty dark brown, it took so much till it ran clear I thought I would now end up water logging them, so disgustingly I had to siphon the excess off by sucking the drain holes dry, lots of spitting, cursing Galuku etc, well you get the picture!, I don't know if they will recover? they do not look good right now they are in the I.C Unit, tut tut, never happens to £20 bag of #1 seeds does it?. If you are forced to buy the Galuku I would rinse it first to be certain.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks

Thanks

We definitely got a lot of good discussion out of this thread. I really enjoy the experimentation aspect of this and being able to discuss/debate/whatever with other people who have similar approaches, even if we disagree is a good way to even better results. In searching for the secret to Boost, I think we may have found another way. My order should arrive in the next day or two and, heck, I may give them a little now. It's not a fair test at this point because it may not even do anything, but I'll give it a proper rigorous test next time (this run started from seed, so it couldn't possibly be a fair test anyway :)).

I won't hijack any further with pics of my progress (I think my pictures are roughly a week ahead of the ones above), I'll put a few in a gallery if anyone's interested.
Hi d', please feel free to post anything and everything you feel will contribute, you have already added lots of good stuff so please don't feel your hijacking this thread, I value your input greatly, that goes for all the constructive comments etc, thanks again to everyone who has/is posting :)

Pics @21 days, I did mean to post pic's of the 4th pair of clones that receive Boost & Molasses etc, I actually forgot to take them and by now they are 1/2 a week older/larger so not a good comparison!, it is only a few days till I post the 28 days pics I will wait till then and post all 4 pairs.

Last edited: