What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Boost V Molasses - side by side comparison.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
canna boost has this in it -Brassinolide-24-Epibrassinolide-Brassinosteroid-Canna-Boost which u can get on ebay alot cheaper then u can for buying canna boost

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
canna boost has this in it -Brassinolide-24-Epibrassinolide-Brassinosteroid-Canna-Boost which u can get on ebay alot cheaper then u can for buying canna boost

• Brassinosteroid
  • 24-Epibrassinolide
  • Brassinolide
  • BL or BR
  • Cas No: [78821-43-9]
  • Structure Formula : C28H48O6

Here are some possible benefits for plants (e.g., cannabis) from application of BR:

• Increased yield
  • Increased disease resistance
  • Increased root growth for cuttings and growing plants
  • Increased light tracking by leafs (i.e., phototropism)
  • Increased rate of photosynthesis (Pn) by virtue of increased photon (light) usage, e.g., light-regulated gene expression
  • Increased stress resistance such as cold, drought, media salinity and biotic attack
  • Increased growth rate by action of BR as a growth regulator vis-a-vis control of light-regulated gene expression and cell elongation

sprinkl

Veteran
But what is the source of the hormone? Chemically synthesized, chemical or pressure extracted from plants or fermented plant matter?
I would assume Canna uses no chemicals in their bio line...

Also isn't there a bit of molasses in their Boost? The Flores definitely contains a good portion of it, smell, color and consistency speak for themselves. So adding molasses together with Boost and Flores could be a bit overkill. I tend to alternate between Bloom and molasses, with small doses of kelp and humics. I go pretty light on the Boost, both for cost and the idea of hormones.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
But what is the source of the hormone? Chemically synthesized, chemical or pressure extracted from plants or fermented plant matter?
I would assume Canna uses no chemicals in their bio line...

Also isn't there a bit of molasses in their Boost? The Flores definitely contains a good portion of it, smell, color and consistency speak for themselves. So adding molasses together with Boost and Flores could be a bit overkill. I tend to alternate between Bloom and molasses, with small doses of kelp and humics. I go pretty light on the Boost, both for cost and the idea of hormones.

Well i just wanted to complete the info :)

I just use molasse... no boost anymore... but i might do a siidebyside with molasse and brassinolide.. we will see

i also jsut copy&paste the info i posted! i did not try anything yet!

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
Well i just wanted to complete the info :)

I just use molasse... no boost anymore... but i might do a siidebyside with molasse and brassinolide.. we will see

i also jsut copy&paste the info i posted! i did not try anything yet!

side by side with brassin pleeaaasseee :laughing:

whatsmells

I am running boost all the way through flower now at 50% of what the bottle reads and this run its at least a week ahead of the last run in size, smell and so on at 42 days. I for 1 will continue to use it. If I yield just 1 extra ounce then it pays for itself. With 3 lights I bet it will be closer to 6 ozs if it keeps up the way it is going now.

oldsilvertip55

A person ive known for 35+ yrs claimed years ago mt. dew no fizz left in it helped alot in flower as that is what he drank and had on hand in truck bed most always looked like 20 or 30 halves and part fulls rollin around

NWNR

excellent test...

blackstrap molasses usually includes iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and many trace elements that may not be reported on bottle. #'s on bottle are not npk, but usually daily values of a 2,000-2,500 calorie diet.

Great point Mistress. A lot of people make the switch to BSM without realizing those other elements are included due to them not being on the label. Especially important to be aware of when adding something like CalMag in your regimen.

gmanwho

Veteran
havent done a side by side, but i still notice a ramp up after every treatment. i stopped for awhile out of forgetfulness. i started again. i foliar feed it at 50 mill per gal. a liter of bioboost goes a lot lot lot longer foliar feeding. been mixxing in a tablespoon of powder maxicrop as well. once a week for 7-8 weeks. 1-2 days after spray the pistols explode...

Ganja baba

Veteran
I am running boost all the way through flower now at 50% of what the bottle reads and this run its at least a week ahead of the last run in size, smell and so on at 42 days. I for 1 will continue to use it. If I yield just 1 extra ounce then it pays for itself. With 3 lights I bet it will be closer to 6 ozs if it keeps up the way it is going now.

For taste smell and yield , if you are using canna boost don't skrimp on the stuff go full dose , also mix 20 ml of canna boost and 20ml canna bio boost for that ultimate flavour , also if using Chems main line nute comps such as canna , most growers will massively benifit using canna trace , this will improve the mobiltily of your nutrients and will give you bigger results than any boost , as most nutrients do not have enough trace in them so when you add 1ml per lt in flower it sorts out all those slight issues that come even with a healthy looking crop it will look even better , we sell so much in our store , and no one ever goes back .

The Pheonix

you don't need full dose you are just selling the bottle twice as quick

my taste is more than fine and double dose 40ml tastes very much the same.... i know this!

Peace

Phe

Ganja baba

Veteran
you don't need full dose you are just selling the bottle twice as quick

my taste is more than fine and double dose 40ml tastes very much the same.... i know this!

Peace

Phe
I'm saying add 20 boost excelorator and 20ml bio boost , so your only getting 20 ml of the main boost and the rest is bio different product

0x99

ive heard alot about blackstrap molasses ive never used it but im sitting in on this grow, good comparison as well best of luck

There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there with Blackstrap Molasses... What you're actually doing is making food for your soil microbiology to colonize your root zone better. Look up microbeorganics.com for more info. Its arguable at best whether or not plants actually utilize the sugars in BSM... After all, their roots put off sugars naturally to attract microbes, why would it uptake? Anyhow read up that site and check other shit that 'microbeman' has posted on compost teas.

Enjoy

0x99

Last thing I'm gonna say is you should have done your side by side comparison of BSM + microbe innoculant in compost tea vs the canna boost. what you're after are the microbes, not the sugars.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there with Blackstrap Molasses... What you're actually doing is making food for your soil microbiology to colonize your root zone better. Look up microbeorganics.com for more info. Its arguable at best whether or not plants actually utilize the sugars in BSM... After all, their roots put off sugars naturally to attract microbes, why would it uptake? Anyhow read up that site and check other shit that 'microbeman' has posted on compost teas.

Enjoy

Is simple cane sugar the only carb source? Wouldn't it make more sense to culture these suppossed bacterial colonies outside of the pot and inoculate at transplant?

All you are doing is clogging your root zone ("helps with transition"), uptaking single molecule sugars into the plant (increased 'yield', increased 'frost') and completely changing the culture of your soil to feed off sugars not native to the plant. Meaning the flavor of your bud, whether you have microbial life or not, will be influenced by cane sugar instead of strain specific Cannabis sugars.

There's a reason all the bud is "sweet" now, having been bread by American sugar heads for 3 decades. "More mountain dew please! "

The pinnacle of Kool-Aid growing. Isn't rice a carb source? I dare you to feed your microbes rice. No? You'll stick with Brix+ alternatives? Maybe one with some fucking pineapple juice in it? Or blueberry skin squeezins mixed in Epsom salt? Boy howdy that shit tastes deadly, nothing like weed! Must be fire! "Here, smoke my koolaid sugarbud, have an asthma attack, free sinus infection included!"

007grow

boost contains triacontanol a pgr derived from alfalfa, why compare things that work differently?

Last edited: