What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C- Banana aka Banana Kush

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just put in the CB x Cherry Cook. will see what happens.

No Jaws doesn't have Chiquita Banana. He has 60/40 Banana Kush. Some say these 2 are the same. Only way to confirm this would be to get a clone grow both side by side to see if there the same. I'm trying to get orgnkids banana og now.

JAWS

ya the 60/40 i have in house is not something that is horded in any way at all, if you have a pack of ANY of my banana straight work you should fine the 60/40 and the ghost banana..

as far as the CHIQ go's i have no path to it so it wont be tested by me, but the few who do have her can like i said find the 60-40 in most any pack of my banana work.

peace:biggrin:

I've grown pretty much every banana cut and seed line and bred a few as well and I'd say this is the original cut orgnkid held of banana og. See orgnkid interchanges the ghost like banana, where he calls it og kush or just kush, banana og he also calls banana kush. Which are two totally different variants from the original cross. I sold s1s around 2010-2012 but jaws did some around the same time or earlier. Mark castle did the seeds jaws is running to f7, originally from orgnkids f1s I believe. Honestly pooney219 on Instagram has grown his current banana og and he said it's just crap. I think the one Crockett has you prob have, which I think was the original. Mine is completely different though. It's around 30% as well but is the craziest feel prodile I've ever came across. I've ran the original banana og too but I preferred the tropical banana runts candy over the banana peel or banana bread cut. Though the banana bread cut is super heady, and really dense and more thump to it. The banana kush just needs a seasoned vet or cool temps to really do her thing. In jaws banana kush I found a bubba kush like tropical pheno, male and female, and a lot of the more hybrid or ghost leaning phenos. Lots of banana bread types. Very few tropical ones. My lines have been super tropical banana runts candy dom, a few lime banana pie, and straight up banana cream pie phenos. Even though it was s1s they still came out as regs. Which was a total turnoff for me, and imo means it's been selfied prior within the line like the og. But I would say you have the rare original banana og. It's not the easiest strain to grow so some people can't hit numbers with it, but I got the cut in Colorado years ago. The banana kush too, the bk was and is on lock still as far as I know. The banana bread banana og cut was once more available in Colorado but became rare through the years. The new banana og cut is an s1 imo orgnkid is running, or a new fgen selection. I've heard your cut was great though, maybe we can puff sometime at a show

ya the 60/40 i have in house is not something that is horded in any way at all, if you have a pack of ANY of my banana straight work you should fine the 60/40 and the ghost banana..

as far as the CHIQ go's i have no path to it so it wont be tested by me, but the few who do have her can like i said find the 60-40 in most any pack of my banana work.

peace:biggrin:

This could be one of yours or marks or even orgnkids seed lines. I would say with most certainty it wasn't from mine. Yours though has potential, the phenos I found most common were similar in description and look to this cut. Numbers wise I'd say your f9 to ibl were mid twenties % wise average. I do testing but I don't always believe results. This could even be one of those elite bag seed finds. The original banana bread cut was in that humboldt mendo circle. I passed my cut to lower mi, Washington state, and mineesota as well as traded with a crew out west heavy in the dispensary game. I got the green crap from their guy in Portland and was supposed to get the lambsbread sour diesel as well but they pooned me lol on that one. That is one great cut. I really wanted it. I received my cut on a locked basis too as well as the banana og but I wish I kept both. I really liked the high on the banana og and bag appeal.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chiquita Banana is a bit difficult to keep happy for me. I'm still trying to get her figured out. She is not set it and forget it for me.

The 1st Pheno of Cbanana x Fire Cookies v1 #12(Cherry Cookies cut)

picture.php

idiit

Veteran
I've grown pretty much every banana cut and seed line and bred a few as well and I'd say this is the original cut orgnkid held of banana og. See orgnkid interchanges the ghost like banana, where he calls it og kush or just kush, banana og he also calls banana kush. Which are two totally different variants from the original cross. I sold s1s around 2010-2012 but jaws did some around the same time or earlier. Mark castle did the seeds jaws is running to f7, originally from orgnkids f1s I believe. Honestly pooney219 on Instagram has grown his current banana og and he said it's just crap. I think the one Crockett has you prob have, which I think was the original. Mine is completely different though. It's around 30% as well but is the craziest feel prodile I've ever came across. I've ran the original banana og too but I preferred the tropical banana runts candy over the banana peel or banana bread cut. Though the banana bread cut is super heady, and really dense and more thump to it. The banana kush just needs a seasoned vet or cool temps to really do her thing. In jaws banana kush I found a bubba kush like tropical pheno, male and female, and a lot of the more hybrid or ghost leaning phenos. Lots of banana bread types. Very few tropical ones. My lines have been super tropical banana runts candy dom, a few lime banana pie, and straight up banana cream pie phenos. Even though it was s1s they still came out as regs. Which was a total turnoff for me, and imo means it's been selfied prior within the line like the og. But I would say you have the rare original banana og. It's not the easiest strain to grow so some people can't hit numbers with it, but I got the cut in Colorado years ago. The banana kush too, the bk was and is on lock still as far as I know. The banana bread banana og cut was once more available in Colorado but became rare through the years. The new banana og cut is an s1 imo orgnkid is running, or a new fgen selection. I've heard your cut was great though, maybe we can puff sometime at a show Dankonomics
hey dankonomics! noticed you have a very interesting banana kush line: Oregon elite beans.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HemperorsKnight

I've grown pretty much every banana cut and seed line and bred a few as well and I'd say this is the original cut orgnkid held of banana og. See orgnkid interchanges the ghost like banana, where he calls it og kush or just kush, banana og he also calls banana kush. Which are two totally different variants from the original cross. I sold s1s around 2010-2012 but jaws did some around the same time or earlier. Mark castle did the seeds jaws is running to f7, originally from orgnkids f1s I believe. Honestly pooney219 on Instagram has grown his current banana og and he said it's just crap. I think the one Crockett has you prob have, which I think was the original. Mine is completely different though. It's around 30% as well but is the craziest feel prodile I've ever came across. I've ran the original banana og too but I preferred the tropical banana runts candy over the banana peel or banana bread cut. Though the banana bread cut is super heady, and really dense and more thump to it. The banana kush just needs a seasoned vet or cool temps to really do her thing. In jaws banana kush I found a bubba kush like tropical pheno, male and female, and a lot of the more hybrid or ghost leaning phenos. Lots of banana bread types. Very few tropical ones. My lines have been super tropical banana runts candy dom, a few lime banana pie, and straight up banana cream pie phenos. Even though it was s1s they still came out as regs. Which was a total turnoff for me, and imo means it's been selfied prior within the line like the og. But I would say you have the rare original banana og. It's not the easiest strain to grow so some people can't hit numbers with it, but I got the cut in Colorado years ago. The banana kush too, the bk was and is on lock still as far as I know. The banana bread banana og cut was once more available in Colorado but became rare through the years. The new banana og cut is an s1 imo orgnkid is running, or a new fgen selection. I've heard your cut was great though, maybe we can puff sometime at a show

Glad to see ya here on icmag brother its me aries from ig i didn't even know fraction of that history you displayed thx!

hey dankonomics! noticed you have a very interesting banana kush line: Oregon elite beans.

I took the banana runts candy banana kush clone and hit it with @jaws banana kush f9 male. Technically it's an ix line of sorts but I'm still not sure which generation the clone only came from, prob will never know either. It's coming out more banana candy then banana bread though which I prefer.

Glad to see ya here on icmag brother its me aries from ig i didn't even know fraction of that history you displayed thx!

Good to see you too bro. I don't frequent public sites anymore. Too many kids with something to prove these days online just talking trash and trolling. But privately we have been discussing the banana strains for years now. Orgnkid took the ghost og aka the og kush and slammed the 60/40 sag into it and banana og was born. Some lean towards the og but rarely, and others hybrids or very 60/40. This is a banana stardawg pheno that is spot on her mom. It looks and smells completely different though from any other banana cut or line I've ran, seems to breed very true as well. I'd imagine it's been worked a bit prior or it's just a dominant inherited trait.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 28
Cool,this banana x stardawg smell/taste like banana?

About potency?

Yes. This cut I'm running is a 30% thc cut as well. But the terps and her structure are what make it really special and because it breeds so dominant towards the cut, which is really tart, almost like sour skittles, but the flavor is like coat your mouth banana runts candy, with that sour diesel or ghost og coat your mouth, oily funk almost to it. The sweet pink banana kush was the bk x sweet pink grapefruit f4 and it even came out incredibly banana dominated, which was surprising because the worked line I assumed like grapefruit, which is another dominant line, would take dominance but it didn't even. The banana stardawgs goal was to add density, as well as more chem fuel funk. It's almost a v2 of my banana funk too which was clusterfunk x banana kush reversed. That shit was dank, like banana diesel almost perfect mix of two parents. But clusterfunk in the f2 gen I bred has been too herm prone to release to the masses. So I tried it again with stardawg instead and have seen some strange phenos, hazey longer flowering, as well as my males influence which is lemon fuel chem 4 funk, and chunk. As well as straight up banana phenos. I still haven't seen the perfect balance like banana funk had though in any phenos but I may try a bx or work through the line myself to isolate that perfect mix.

This pheno was the best balance I've seen so far. Huge yields, snapping stems, and put out some fire full melt as well as nuggage.

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 50
I did release a banana og v2 as well. Which is the ghost og x banana kush f9 male from jaws. The redo on the line with the original, into the worked line towards the rare bubba pheno bk. As well as my sour og cut crossed to it which is like a banana headband and really a nice cross so far from what I've seen.

So I'm about to start my first indoor grow.. just picked up a nextlight mega to go with a gorilla 4x4 and Mr. B's organic ferts,and I'm suuper excited. I reallly want to try to run the Chiquita Banana as its my favorite strain. So far I've bought about 4 ounces of the RB and not a dang seed in sight.. Damn you Rb26! :) lol.
I guess I will have to wait patiently for you to release some seeds lol.....
(In the meantime if anyone has anything very similar to suggest/sell, I promise to put my heart into it.. If I can't find anything close I'm probably going to have to settle for Tahoe OG and Sunset Sherb.. :/ )

H

HemperorsKnight

So I'm about to start my first indoor grow.. just picked up a nextlight mega to go with a gorilla 4x4 and Mr. B's organic ferts,and I'm suuper excited. I reallly want to try to run the Chiquita Banana as its my favorite strain. So far I've bought about 4 ounces of the RB and not a dang seed in sight.. Damn you Rb26! :) lol.
I guess I will have to wait patiently for you to release some seeds lol.....
(In the meantime if anyone has anything very similar to suggest/sell, I promise to put my heart into it.. If I can't find anything close I'm probably going to have to settle for Tahoe OG and Sunset Sherb.. :/ )

You're waiting like all of us here.... That have been growing for some time if you're lucky enough maybe you'll get some s1's by HammerHead as that's more than likely the only way anyone outta that small circle will be able to get
Your best bet would either be getting a pack from jaws or anyone else with banana kush which is what cb is

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a banana stardawg pheno that is spot on her mom. It looks and smells completely different though from any other banana cut or line I've ran, seems to breed very true as well. I'd imagine it's been worked a bit prior or it's just a dominant inherited trait.

Curious? Which alleles are pairing and being passed forward in all of it's offspring that allow you to determine it breeds true? True for what, in particular?

What quantitative data have you recorded to aid you in making this assessment?

How did you address the issues pertaining to epistasis when bottle-necking this variety to stability?

How many seeds did you sort in order to determine which traits were dominant and recessive? What percentage of the population, in respect to plants carried their full life cycle, displayed this stated dominant trait, when carried to the next filial generation?

:thank you:

dank.Frank

Last edited:
Curious? Which alleles are pairing and being passed forward in all of it's offspring that allow you to determine it breeds true? True for what, in particular?

What quantitative data have you recorded to aid you in making this assessment?

How did you address the issues pertaining to epistasis when bottle-necking this variety to stability?

How many seeds did you sort in order to determine which traits were dominant and recessive? What percentage of the population, in respect to plants carried their full life cycle, displayed this stated dominant trait, when carried to the next filial generation?

:thank you:

dank.Frank

Well I've selfed it, crossed it to a few other line breeds and made some polyhybrid crosses as well and a few fem crosses and have worked with it now about 7 years. Every single cross she has dominated. The 1989 nl5 noof cross was the most even split I've seen, or the goji cross and numbers wise idk maybe 4-6k seeds total. The traits it breeds true towards are it's banana runts candy smell and flavor, and her structure especially, and that odd look she carries in flower structure. I've not bottlenecked anything yet. I'm still debating which route to take, the pure route, or an improved outcross. Sales wise people want the goods pure, but personally I think one of the outcrosses is a better starting point towards an fgen line. Particularly the grapefruit cross, I knew the two would match up well, but it really stayed similar phenotypically in the f1 gen. I'm not a bx fan so I'd rather try an ibl route but I'm working my urkle cross with stardawg and my collab with jaws on the forum cut gsc bx1 f2 pollen I slammed back into the forum cut. The white x stardawg is next, and maybe starfighter pure or huckleberry kush ibl. The urkle dawg and white stardawg were my best two crosses imo, and I really like the forum cut, so my priority lies elsewhere. But for example when I made stardawg crosses, it was to f2 my phenos. The crosses were fill in spots open. And I took like 4 years to do a round robin f2 but kept the different males separate to see which was best. And did now, and did my f2s and have a few more crosses still and I'll kill him off and move on. I prefer to run some numbers and try to be within my numbers still so it's a slower process than I'm used to being legal now.

Latest posts

Latest posts