What's new

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

goingrey

So I'm not seeing much interest in this grow so I'm going to close it here. I'll try again later next year with some other stuff and see if there's more interest I guess. Later everyone
Don't take it personally. Bros Grimm fell into ill repute because their new Cindy doesn't have the same incidence of pineapple phenos as (knockoffs of) their old one, something like that anyway.

nick11

Veteran
All good ...I like all their stuff, thats all that matters.. I'll start my next griw diary soon now that the shiatsu kushes from the earthbox are down. Got some lavender kush in that tent and a female from something i put together.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Did you ever start your seeds? Really wanted to see how your durban nights is coming?

Well here's the lavender kush from a past grow, got 4 nice young plants going now. Don't know anything about the lineage. Last 2 pics are the shiatsu kush harvested. I'll continue in a new thread when the lavender get a little bigger...probably next week.

IMG_20230919_103702.jpg
IMG_20231228_143454.jpg
IMG_20231228_143635.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230919_103656_1.jpg
    IMG_20230919_103656_1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

jjonahjameson

Thanks for your info, it's nice to have some feedback from someone who get the new seeds of Brother Grimm. I've never grown the original C99, only some crosses like the Space Queen from Subcool, it was a lovely cross with amazing pineapple taste and a very happy high, I'd gladly grow something similar. I understand the guys behind Brother Grimm trying to make money with the legendary names they created but they should have been more honest about the new seeds not being exactly the same than their old ones. But it's pretty common in the cannabis seeds business to see someone selling genetics with famous names even if they are not related, what is important in the end is the grower being happy with the harvest.
I've been tempted to try some seeds from BG but there is not enough feedback from growers so thank you for yours.
They have a whole subreddit on their grows. I’ve done a few of the new so far, killer queen was terrific, Apollo as well.
They’re also on ig and so on. There’re grows out there to look into.

kro-magnon

Veteran
They have a whole subreddit on their grows. I’ve done a few of the new so far, killer queen was terrific, Apollo as well.
They’re also on ig and so on. There’re grows out there to look into.
Thanks for the info but I rarely check Reddit for grow topics , I prefer this forum for all cannabis related subjects. Those last years less and less users are logging here, I assume they are all on different platforms because there is more and more growers all over the world. I've seen Growdiaries is pretty successful, there is many strains of many breeders documented but it's not the same vibe than here and there is way too much ads all over the pages.

nick11

Veteran
Same problem I'm having....I prefer here for anything cannabis. Most have switched to ig and reddit which I don't like. I like the people here and the overall chill vibe. Glad to here you enjoyed the seeds though Jonah. I'm so excited to run my headband x airborne. Similar to killer queen with headband clone added. Anything with airborne g13 hashplant is going to be potent. Maybe I should check that reddit forum bc everyone here hates on bros grimm for whatever reason they have so hard to start a grow diary without the usual drama. My brother popped the headband g13 while back.
IMG_20231230_143529.jpg

Last edited:

albertgriffiths

I agree with y'all, it's a pity forums are not hype anymore.
I feel it's still the best support to look for info, share and follow experiments, whatever the subject.
Facebook groups, IG, reddit, discord and all make it unnecessarily difficult to follow anything! Lots of advertising in disguise, too...

Growdiaries is a cool format too, but it's not that "social" either, and it's quite formated towards big brands and breeders. Lots of ads. Cannapitalism.

Forums and wikis are still the best tools Internet provided us with.

Anyway, although there is not that much feedback/following, I still find it pleasurable to hang out here. Patience and quietness have their value.

And I do like following your grows @nick11 , even though I don't always have any comment to make.

Happy new year everybody!

nick11

Veteran
That's the thing they are hard to follow. The advertising, pop up garbage, and cramped nature of trying to read the text. Just not fun to read at all, like being overstimulated with unnecessary visuals.

oldmaninbc

Same problem I'm having....I prefer here for anything cannabis. Most have switched to ig and reddit which I don't like. I like the people here and the overall chill vibe. Glad to here you enjoyed the seeds though Jonah. I'm so excited to run my headband x airborne. Similar to killer queen with headband clone added. Anything with airborne g13 hashplant is going to be potent. Maybe I should check that reddit forum bc everyone here hates on bros grimm for whatever reason they have so hard to start a grow diary without the usual drama. My brother popped the headband g13 while back.
. View attachment 18940296
I grew bros grimm Apollo Haze and enjoyed it. I think I have 1 or 2 seeds of it left.

My Durban Nights has just broken the soil, Day 1 of veg on 1/01/24! I’m excited already, I need some sativa stash in the jars.

Those lavender kush branches look amazing!

nick11

Veteran
My Durban Nights has just broken the soil, Day 1 of veg on 1/01/24! I’m excited already, I need some sativa stash in the jars.

Those lavender kush branches look amazing!
Glad they broke soil. Good luck to you on growing those. Pictured are seeds i got yesterday. The funny looking plant at the bottom is another shiatsu kush. The smallest plant at the bottom is the pine bud, it's slow growing. Neat plant so far though with purple stem and veins. Not pictured I have an Indiana bubblegum x Willie Nelson. I'll grab a pic of her later. Rest are lavender kushes. Lastly i was gifted some freakshow f2's, ive gotta find room for a couple of them. Have always wanted to try it for novelty reasons bc of the jurassic looking foliage.
IMG_20240104_132239.jpg
20240105_064057.jpg
20240105_064106.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Here's one of the last shiatsu kush still flowering. This one has a merlot wine smell and floral somilar to dj short stuff ive grown.
IMG_20240105_102439.jpg
IMG_20240105_102428.jpg
IMG_20240105_102425.jpg

Here's the baby pine bud, she's slow as can be but healthy and cool looking.
20240105_142456.jpg
20240105_142627.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Thanks I'm kinda trying all kinds of diffrent stuff this year, should be fun. Looking to build up some night time smoke for the stash. Haze and dubans not the best for winding down. I'll be sure to head back to your grow at some point next few days.

I think I'm most excited about the freakshow f2 and the nepal. The nepal us a mandala seeds hybrid of hashberry and satori. I've never had a chance to run anything from them. Basically I'm just a constant seed popper bc I don't do clones besides the Mango haze and shiatsu. Just easier to make a few seeds and stash away for when I wanna fill a couple jars up. I don't have alot if space for clones and mothers or I probably would have like 10 moms of all my favorites.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Here's the bubblegum hybrid it's actually Williams wonder x serious bubblegum. Don't really know what Williams wonde is, but it's growing nice so far.

20240108_040653.jpg
20240108_040641.jpg
20240108_040700.jpg

Here's the last shiatsu, took a sample branch.
IMG_20240107_103504.jpg
IMG_20240107_103521.jpg

I also just sampled the ak47, and its LOUD! Almost has a bug spray type smell with pine notes. It's got a nice taste of pine too, wonderful classic variety. High is strong and long lasting, anybody looking for some good yielding stinky herb try ak47. It's got a vintage look to it as well..no pretty colors or crazy frost. But man she packs a punch.
20240108_043113.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
My favorite Mango haze...she's turning purple with cold nights. Sampled a small bud today and it's very soapy tasting this run. There's also some kind of perfume quality to it. Not for everyone but I love that crazy haze taste.
20240108_051149.jpg
20240108_051201.jpg
20240108_065718.jpg
20240109_141005.jpg
20240109_141743.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
So I'm taking down this last kush Monday. Grown in miracle grow with water and epsom salts on this particular plant. Actualky came out better than the fox farm plants belive it or not.
20240110_095229.jpg

Attachments

• 20240110_095239.jpg
    20240110_095239.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Latest posts