What's new

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

nick11

Veteran
Here's shiatsu kush after watering, always a nice green color. Finicky as hell but also unique as hell so she will continue to hang around. Can't remember if I stated but shes from the original bc bud depot releas years ago. My brother has inbred the original pack for a decade so she's a little slower than modern hybrids. Overall juat a really cool plant with old school vibes and flavors..all pine and aged wood terp wise.
Wow mothers finest thats a blast from the past! Used to have a cult following fir a great heady sativa, nice sir!. From sensi seeds?
20231115_111434.jpg

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rick Campanella owner of Bro Grimm Seeds is a thief, took my money and never sent any merchandise and ignored every inquiry e-mail I've sent about the issue. Probably the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Be careful ordering from their website people if you don't want the same to happen to you. I had to go through the aggravation of disputing the charge with my bank other wise I would of never got my money back at all.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
But at the same time calling Rick a thief is pretty harsh. I mean I doubt Rick was corresponding with you was orobably customer service person, which still doesn't make it right. I just don't want my thread getting into a soap opera. Glad your bank got you back though. I swear these days every seed company is loved or hated, there's no consistency. Btw I do belive you which sucks bc their strains are so amazing. Well I've got an extra durban female I can send you if you want it to grow.

Back to the grow log, here's Mango haze after watering. Nice strong branches.

20231120_083610.jpg

Last edited:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But at the same time calling Rick a thief is pretty harsh. I mean I doubt Rick was corresponding with you was orobably customer service person, which still doesn't make it right. I just don't want my thread getting into a soap opera. Glad your bank got you back though. I swear these days every seed company is loved or hated, there's no consistency. Btw I do belive you which sucks bc their strains are so amazing. Well I've got an extra durban female I can send you if you want it to grow.

View attachment 18920963

*Edit* he reached out to me in an email and is trying to make it right, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

albertgriffiths

Your AK47 is gorgeous!

I've read in an old thread people were disappointed by Bros Grimms' C99 re-release, compared to the original.
Have you tried it?
I'm quite interested in their Apollo/Genius as well...

nick11

Veteran
Ya man in all honesty it's not the old c99. With that said it's great herb pineapple tropical smell and taste 60 day head high. Frosty lavender looking buds just slightly different due to them using a new male. Apollo 11 real nice too lemon skunk with very clear long lasting high. Spot on with description tbh.

Thank you ak47 is classic, all 3 phenos were awesome. The one pictured is not quite as thai looking as my previous. All were pinecone smell. Has that old-school pine skunk thing going on with a long no tolerance high that lasts. My biggest thing is tolerance build up with strains and smell being a heavy puffer.

You want something unique try the rosetta stone. Crazy smell and taste that's impossible to describe, can really wow people with it. Takes a bit longer but top notch flower. Think it's an old jack herer hybrid or something.

And no I don't work for bros grimm seeds haha! Just trying to share my love for there strains so a few others will maybe give them a try if undecided. Been growing almost 25 years and tried probably over 100 seedbanks. There my top 3 alongside chimera, dj short for amazing plants. Lastly if your looking to get ko'd like an og or chemdog probably not what your looking for. But a heady feel good high you'll love em.

Last edited:

albertgriffiths

And no I don't work for bros grimm seeds haha! Just trying to share my love for there strains so a few others will maybe give them a try if undecided. Been growing almost 25 years and tried probably over 100 seedbanks. There my top 3 alongside chimera, dj short for amazing plants. Lastly if your looking to get ko'd like an og or chemdog probably not what your looking for. But a heady feel good high you'll love em.
Haha don't worry, that's very much appreciated. People often have very definite opinions on some breeders, but you rarely find someone who has actually grown several of their offerings to make an honest review.

However I'm quite confused with Rosetta Stone: seedfinder lists 3 versions with 3 different lineages. The last one is Jack Herer x C99, but there is also a JHxP75 and a Ginger-Ale x White Widow that seems to be the oldest and most praised one, but doesn't seem available anymore...

I'm sure they have some great stuff, but their using old names for new crosses is a bit confusing imo.

nick11

Veteran
It's a new risetta stone you are correct. It has some weird terps like sweet honeysuckle, camphor, herbal funk, etc..hard to describe man. I agree most people that call out certain seedmakers have only grown like 2 fems and had 1 plant they didn't like so that breeder sucks in their mind. Hell man try the durban like I got, it's new but uses the same durban thai highflyer of old. Real terpy, I'm chopping next monday.

If you want that heavier type buzz get killer queen, they've had it forever...g13 hashplant x c99 pineapple. Right it is confusing carrying over names from the 90's, but fem seeds are the new thing so some parents are diffrent as opposed to them just selfing those specific clones.
If you live in the south lmk I'll give you some flower to try if you wanna try something. All there seeds for me have grown exactly as described. My 2 cents hope it helps

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Back early...albertgriffith here's some c99 xx from the other tent. Small early sample from her...smells exactly like fresh pineapple and men's cologne. Sounds weird but it's one of those where you constantly open the jar to smell. Sticky icky too, can't use a grinder. All phenos have been exactly the same which is nice.
20231125_090719.jpg
20231125_090706.jpg

nick11

Veteran
Thanks they do have some lovely colors. Not sure what parent offered the colors, but they are pretty to look at. The last plant is fading too. Going to start some really nice local stuff called " pine bud". Got about 20 seeds to play with. Been around my area forever so should be fun.

nick11

Veteran
Mango haze in flower production now.
20231127_153201.jpg
20231127_153201.jpg

Branchy durban almost dry now, I'll let it sit in this shoebox a few days to slow down drying. Early samples provide a full sativa high, all effects are in the head. Zero anxiety with slight bug eyed, and speedy then mellows out for 2 hours. Leaves a nice church smell in the air which I love about sativas. Nugs have big resin heads too which you can visibly see with naked eye. Top shelf herb not a big yielder but headstash quality.
20231128_080111.jpg

Other plant will be dry in 2 days, c99 xx about 2 weeks away.

Attachments

• 20231127_153157.jpg
    20231127_153157.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 20231127_153151.jpg
    20231127_153151.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited: