What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

oldmaninbc

So I'm taking down this last kush Monday. Grown in miracle grow with water and epsom salts on this particular plant. Actualky came out better than the fox farm plants belive it or not. View attachment 18944476
I started my winter crop not long ago and could no longer find Fox Farm, our local grow supply went out of business. There are other products but not as convient as Fox Farm, for someone like myself with physical limitations. I will keep the Miracle Grow in mind.

nick11

Veteran
I had the same problem, and was freaking out. Just make sure you get a bag of perlite and dolomite lime to add to it. My haze came out better too with the miracle grow. I'm in no way promoting them lol, but results were good. Don't forget to add perlite for aeration!!

Everything is looking good man!

By the way I’m usually an indica fan, I have had a lot of good luck recently with Katsu’s seeds (in particular his platinum Kush line), Tony Green’s Tortured Beans, and Mz. Jill’s genetics for my
Mellow/sedating choices.

Can you tell me a lil more about your mango haze? Who’s that breeder? My buddy has a mango a5 haze from Top Dawg. How long do you usually take yours?

nick11

Veteran
Usually at 10 weeks, it's from Mr nice 2015 vintage I think. Mango haze coming out real good this run, it's very soapy potpourri smelling and tasting. His should be real good too with the a5, yield will be great I bet. I like your tastes in strains too. Mines getting real close to harvest, it's so frosted out it's crazy.
20240111_081146.jpg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

I had the same problem, and was freaking out. Just make sure you get a bag of perlite and dolomite lime to add to it. My haze came out better too with the miracle grow. I'm in no way promoting them lol, but results were good. Don't forget to add perlite for aeration!!
I keep a small inventory of perlite, dolomite and Earth Worm Castings, after the outbreak of Covid causing supply problems I decided not get caught without needed products again. I live in an agricultural region(orchards, vineyards and market gardens) some of the growing supply companies are becoming cannabis friendly and supply soil for cannabis but you have to buy it by the yard/meter. I grow in a meter by meter tent, I don't need bulk.

Usually at 10 weeks, it's from Mr nice 2015 vintage I think. Mango haze coming out real good this run, it's very soapy potpourri smelling and tasting. His should be real good too with the a5, yield will be great I bet. I like your tastes in strains too. Mines getting real close to harvest, it's so frosted out it's crazy.
View attachment 18944766
Nice! 10 weeks isn’t even bad for a haze. The Mango A5 my friend has is from Top Dawg and I think goes a few weeks longer, it’s cool to see the differences.

My Durban nights is slowly chugging along, I’ll keep you posted as it goes along.

Are you looking for anything in particular in your next indica run? What sort of flavs do you like in indicas?

blondie

Free shipping after 150. Bag is 34. I looked around when my local supply jumped to 31 and I couldn’t find it cheaper then. Oddly my local supply dropped back to 25 so I didn’t order again.

nick11

Veteran
Cool...well basically I'm just trying to pop some older seeds. Well not quite sure, I tend to like skunky herb for indicas. Probably run the freakshow next. Wish i had some old school breeder steve stuff like sweet tooth, blockhead, or lui. Here's a Mango haze sample bud..

Attachments

• 20240112_162647.jpg
    20240112_162647.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23

nick11

Veteran
So moving on..Mango haze is now harvested. I have 1 confirmed female being the pine bud. I'm really stoked bc it's the only seed that made it from the ones I popped a while back. It's been growing slow as hell, but otherwise healthy. Got bean pole structure. Here's a shot of the group, I'll continue to veg until they show sex.
Bud pictured is the shiatsu kush dry. Dry smell is so dank like a strong pine potpourri type smell. Almost like a glade house/air freshner. My wife says she smells pine and perfume so basically what im smelling. No lie you could bottle this and sell it as a womans perfume.
20240116_131900.jpg

20240115_153619.jpg

Attachments

• 20240115_150019.jpg
    20240115_150019.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
So couldn't help but start a freakshow. Already showing those fern leaves. I'm stoked as hell to run this, I like oddball plants. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a plant, I was always intrigued by it cosmetically. First pic is mango haze drying.
20240116_133817.jpg

image000000.jpg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

So couldn't help but start a freakshow. Already showing those fern leaves. I'm stoked as hell to run this, I like oddball plants. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a plant, I was always intrigued by it cosmetically. First pic is mango haze drying. View attachment 18946984
View attachment 18946905
Freakshow is an unusual looking plant, is it desirable for it's THC/terpenes content?
I imagine it might be good for a covert grow.

nick11

Veteran
Ya man its supposed to be very pine needle in smell and taste. Effect is consistently reported as strong and heady. Would make a great stealth option from all the grows I've seen, but it stinks to high hell according to numerous grows.. I'm growing it for novelty reasons, but if it's good I'll keep it around. Here's examples.not mine. Very gnarly looking!
A4E5ED25-6EE5-49F0-BFD3-A6573F8F196B.jpeg

20210309_091857.jpg

Attachments

• 20210204_041911.jpg
    20210204_041911.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Yes it's a creeper high that starts at the top of your head and works to your toes over 15 min. Then settles into a strong tunnel vision high, not good for driving a vehicle. Fairly long lasting too around 2 hours. Taste is still like soap, bodywash, and jasmine. Not for everybody bc the taste is so pronounced. I love that soapy haze thing though. I'm not getting any Mango this round, usually fresh fruit is the smell. Been real cold at nights at 55 during its flowering. I actually like the smell and taste like this.

nick11

Veteran
Nice! 10 weeks isn’t even bad for a haze. The Mango A5 my friend has is from Top Dawg and I think goes a few weeks longer, it’s cool to see the differences.

My Durban nights is slowly chugging along, I’ll keep you posted as it goes along.

Are you looking for anything in particular in your next indica run? What sort of flavs do you like in indicas?
Here's my durban nights cured up nicely. Smell is 100% cedarwood and spruce. Smells exactly like a Christmas tree literally. Taste is licorice cedar, old school herb all the way. It's not complex like modern hybrid, but still very very nice. I dont trim my buds so it would look awesome with a trim. High is strong and clear focused. How's your baby looking?
20240119_075050.jpg
20240119_075112.jpg
20240119_075115.jpg

nick11

Veteran
Almost forgot..here's my bubblegum and pine bud coming along. Still waiting on sex before I up pot. First 2 pictures are the pine bud. Last 2 are my bubblegum. Pine bud has purple highlights and a purple stem, should be some good color on her later. Purchased pine bud was always darker colored and purple sometimes.
20240119_082930.jpg
20240119_082925.jpg

20240119_082221.jpg
20240119_082224.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my durban nights cured up nicely. Smell is 100% cedarwood and spruce. Smells exactly like a Christmas tree literally. Taste is licorice cedar, old school herb all the way. It's not complex like modern hybrid, but still very very nice. I dont trim my buds so it would look awesome with a trim. High is strong and clear focused. How's your baby looking?
View attachment 18948213 View attachment 18948214 View attachment 18948215
That looks great! Lol I hate trimming too, I didn’t trim my last batch either.

Let’s see, I just topped the Durban Nights and removed the two lowest branches yesterday. She’s coming along, I’m going to train her a bit before flipping to flower. I definitely like piney bud so that’s nice that you say that’s the flav profile.

Have you grown any GMO related strains yet? I think GMO crosses are really nice, I’ve grown a few and they come out great if you like GMO.

Man I haven’t heard of those old strains in so long. Way back in the day before I ever grew any of own bud, I used to look at this Dutch coffeeshop website, Willie Wortel’s/Hempcity, and that dude grew Legend’s Ultimate Indica, Sweet Tooth, and Blockhead. That website had a bunch of cool photo galleries that I used to pour over endlessly and wish I could live in a place where bud was legal. It’s crazy how things have changed.

nick11

Veteran
Spice of life was the bomb back in the day! No I haven't even tried gmo, would like to though. I'm interested to see what pops up with your durbans. Mine were all distinctly diffrent other than the familiar smell from each. The smoke as said us really nice...no anxiety and long lasting. Not a keeper for me, but good smoke. Mango haze is my standard for sativa plants, and the durban nights just doesn't have the smell or taste of the Mango haze. The high is as good though fwiw. I'm just a sucker for a good haze.

I actually just sexed all my seed plants. All are female! I'll post pics after I up pot. The kush is stinking up my room already.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts