What's new

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

Great grows man, I like your sativa selections. I just ordered some of Bros Grimm seeds today (Durban Nights, Pineapple Cindy, and Princess Haze). How did you like the taste and smoke of the Durban Nights? I’m having a hard time picking what I’ll do next

nick11

Veteran
Dude grow the durban nights I promise you'll thank me. I've got 1 pheno that is top shelf chronic in every category. Others were very good..all heavy incense smoke in 10 weeks. I could go on and on how good the smoke came out.

LostTribe

Premium user
Ya man in all honesty it's not the old c99. With that said it's great herb pineapple tropical smell and taste 60 day head high. Frosty lavender looking buds just slightly different due to them using a new male. Apollo 11 real nice too lemon skunk with very clear long lasting high. Spot on with description tbh.

Thank you ak47 is classic, all 3 phenos were awesome. The one pictured is not quite as thai looking as my previous. All were pinecone smell. Has that old-school pine skunk thing going on with a long no tolerance high that lasts. My biggest thing is tolerance build up with strains and smell being a heavy puffer.

You want something unique try the rosetta stone. Crazy smell and taste that's impossible to describe, can really wow people with it. Takes a bit longer but top notch flower. Think it's an old jack herer hybrid or something.

And no I don't work for bros grimm seeds haha! Just trying to share my love for there strains so a few others will maybe give them a try if undecided. Been growing almost 25 years and tried probably over 100 seedbanks. There my top 3 alongside chimera, dj short for amazing plants. Lastly if your looking to get ko'd like an og or chemdog probably not what your looking for. But a heady feel good high you'll love em.
It is NOT pineapple fruity nothin LOL!

Dude grow the durban nights I promise you'll thank me. I've got 1 pheno that is top shelf chronic in every category. Others were very good..all heavy incense smoke in 10 weeks. I could go on and on how good the smoke came out.
Sweet, thanks! I was leaning towards the Durban Nights too so I’m glad to hear that. I am growing in a 2x2 though, how stretchy were they? I’m planning on doing a single plant scrog in a 2x2, lol I hope it doesn’t overload the tent.

nick11

Veteran
It is NOT pineapple fruity nothin LOL!
That's your opinion dude, I taste pineapple..that's my opinion. If you didn't that's your opinion. You know taste and smell is subjective right? I mean everybody in my circle says it's fruity tropical? So not sure where your coming from. Yes there's a "jack" smell in there too, but mostly tropical imo. Btw where your c99 xx grow, would love to have a look what you found.

The durbans were not overly stretchy, let them grow single cola....topping not recommended. I'd say they are average stretchers. The dthf is a shorter plant anyway. I had one jack herer pheno with all the branches stretch a bit. All had heavy smell. Good luck and feel free to post over here. The princess haze I've never grown so can't say on it. I'm starting my headband x airborne g13 the second they arrive. Man I know for a fact some some knockout herb will be in these, I got the last pack.

Here my reveg attempt at the keeper durban nights..I hope it takes. Flowers reek so good too from it.
20231213_063308.jpg

Attachments

• 20231213_062909.jpg
    20231213_062909.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Seriously though all his c99 is half c99 at best and it tastes of catpiss vs real candy deliciousness that we had in the P.97 stock from Heavens Stairway back in the day that you youngsters didnt have a chance to peep. Best in recent years and only true sweet version was from now defunct Peak Seeds BC. ;)

Real Cinderella Peak f5 taken to f6 and onward. none of that renamed bunk bs.
full

full
full

The Definitive Cinderella 99 thread
https://www.icmag.com/threads/cinderella-99-the-come-back.333569/

Some of the boys may have acquired OBG c99 now as well. Anyone can slap a name or description on something but that doesnt mean it is what they say it is.

Cheers!
LT

EDIT: Sorry Bros, just hate seeing good folk paying for a story.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
You know Rick created c99 right? Ya Rick is a douche, but there seeds are perfect to me. I think alot of people don't like him going back to the whole Duke diamond fiasco with him leaving bros grimm. And yes I know the whole story through Duke diamonds eyes, who I belive. It's all subjective but there my favorite
Anyway to each their own, I'm not recommending anybody go somewhere
else to buy his c99..that makes no sense. I've grown other c99s, and they weren't as potent imo.

Try bros grimm pineapple 99 for guaranteed fruity phenos. Btw I'm 46 and grew the original c99 so I know what I'm talking about. Been here since 05 and was on the original overgrow fwiw. You must had a bad experience or something bc I've grown probably 20 or more packs from them with 0 issues I mean 0. Can't say that for alot of of the other shit hyped clone x clone hybrids. And fwiw I've never tasted or smelled catpiss anything in their strains, and I'm a haze guy so I know that smell.

Not trying to be a prick, but I gotta share my positive experiences with there seeds. I've just had a totally different experience I guess bro. This thread is to document bros grimm seed grows I do. I'm honest too if it sucks ill tell yall it sucks haha

Nice plant lost tribe! I'm going to get you to try something else of there's to change your opinion even if I have to buy a pack and send it to you for xmas...haha jk buddy
Ps..there's a candy pheno in the durban nights, licorice candy!

Last edited:

Dime

I always find it odd that breeders don't keep a cple of jars of their hit strains around and end up losing their flagship in original form. These are seed plants in S Ontario clay with horseshit tilled in,f2 from the original c99 I bought that I've been using forever and some old ak in the pails. I haven't tried the newer bg strains so obviously I can't speak on it but I believe Lost Tribe has grown both too ,good job your shiatsu looks like a very nicely structured plant and thx for posting some great shots,enjoy your work and happy holidays.

Attachments

• c99grow.jpg
    c99grow.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 40
  • c99 out.jpg
    c99 out.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 28
  • c99dry.jpg
    c99dry.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201123_210154 (3).jpg
    20201123_210154 (3).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • ak veg1.jpg
    ak veg1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

nick11

Veteran
Very cool! Nice you kept something that long. The shiatsu kush really is a great strain too, the back story is a little silly though. I originally bought it bc if the marketing lol...straight from the Japanese underground grow scene haha. I love it whatever the fuck it is..think some kind of old hindu kush.

My Mango haze is not liking the cold at all but buds still look good. Probably 65 day 50 nights. My house us an icebox even with all the lights going.
20231214_095819.jpg
20231218_113714.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Shiatsu kush after watering. Still smells like pine and brown sugar.

20231217_055414.jpg
20231217_055402.jpg

Attachments

• 20231217_191316.jpg
    20231217_191316.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
More shiatsu kush. These look really good in a 10 gallon earthbox with a bunch of bat shit, shroom composte, and cow shit. Should probably incorporate that grow into this one, just freezing in my garage so I don't go there but once a day. I think the full white spectrum bar led is helping too. Plants love it, and pictures come out way better without that pink color.

IMG_20231214_101754.jpg
IMG_20231214_105226.jpg
IMG_20231217_122505.jpg

Last edited:
That's your opinion dude, I taste pineapple..that's my opinion. If you didn't that's your opinion. You know taste and smell is subjective right? I mean everybody in my circle says it's fruity tropical? So not sure where your coming from. Yes there's a "jack" smell in there too, but mostly tropical imo. Btw where your c99 xx grow, would love to have a look what you found.

The durbans were not overly stretchy, let them grow single cola....topping not recommended. I'd say they are average stretchers. The dthf is a shorter plant anyway. I had one jack herer pheno with all the branches stretch a bit. All had heavy smell. Good luck and feel free to post over here. The princess haze I've never grown so can't say on it. I'm starting my headband x airborne g13 the second they arrive. Man I know for a fact some some knockout herb will be in these, I got the last pack.

Here my reveg attempt at the keeper durban nights..I hope it takes. Flowers reek so good too from it. View attachment 18932137
Any reason you say not to top? I saw that on the pack as well but was planning on scrogging to try and maximize the yield since I think I’ll only do a single plant.

Also, how did you like the mango haze? I had some mango/a5 haze that was amazing

nick11

Veteran
Well they seemed to grow better as single cola. Of course if limited space then top to maximize your canopy. I'd say average yielders and average feeders. All were done in 9 weeks from seed which is real fast. Love the Mango haze I've had it a while now. It has very obvious Mango smell to the flowers with some haze richness in the background.

Here's some durban nights curing up nicely. Buds came out beautiful with some lavender/blue hues. Very musky grandma perfume smell with a backend of licorice. Smell is very rich almost like a proper haze. It's one of those terps you've smelled back in the day, and instantly takes you back. Reminds me of a good old jack herer. High hits you all in the head with no anxiety, no disorienting like a haze. Very clear thoughts.
20231218_110548.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
She is quite frosty for a taller strain. I remember when I originally bought them. Was advertised as extremely frosty. Buds look crazy when dried. I'll keep updating

nick11

Veteran
My shiatsu kush is turning lovely shades of pink. Gorgeous in person. So I'm left with 1 pinebud, 1 sour d, and 5 sfv hybrids I think. Freaking forgot to label them...oh well. Here they are above ground now. Still hope to pop a few headband g13s soon some solfire mad dog.
20231220_110337.jpg

Attachments

• 20231220_085058.jpg
    20231220_085058.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
So I'm not seeing much interest in this grow so I'm going to close it here. I'll be back to feature some other plants i got going on, thats not grimm. Later everyone

Last edited:
Well they seemed to grow better as single cola. Of course if limited space then top to maximize your canopy. I'd say average yielders and average feeders. All were done in 9 weeks from seed which is real fast. Love the Mango haze I've had it a while now. It has very obvious Mango smell to the flowers with some haze richness in the background.

Here's some durban nights curing up nicely. Buds came out beautiful with some lavender/blue hues. Very musky grandma perfume smell with a backend of licorice. Smell is very rich almost like a proper haze. It's one of those terps you've smelled back in the day, and instantly takes you back. Reminds me of a good old jack herer. High hits you all in the head with no anxiety, no disorienting like a haze. Very clear thoughts.
View attachment 18934677
Thanks Nick, I appreciate the input and pics. Those buds look great, great job! I really like the structure.