What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

nick11

Veteran
Random shots of the kushes and bubblegum.

20240124_172322.jpg
20240125_061050.jpg
20240124_074656.jpg

Rodehazrd

Just found this thread I love your strains I’m a haze lover too. Got some lemon haze seeds from Barney’s and some Durban from Dutch passion coming soon. Waiting for warmer times
Thanks for showing your stuff
Hazard

nick11

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by. Those seeds sound nice, haven't seen lemon haze. I've actually had great stuff from dutch passion. I grew their Ortega and oasis, both were top notch. I know there durban is nice, actually won a head to head VS sensi seeds version. Supposed to be a nice mellow head high.

I'll probably get back to some haze next run. Got some chemdog d x (nevilles haze x mullimbimby) coming. Should be fun

nick11

Veteran
Here's the pine bud/weed coming into its own finally. I topped her, but she's not branching hahaha. I should have just left it alone, but I was trying to encourage her to bush out some.This is a cool looking plant, looks diffrent to anything I've ran. Got some sweet colors going too, and a very royal purple stem. The hairs are actually pink as well. She's got a good smell going already belive it or not it's pine. Going to up her Tuesday in a 1 gallon instead of 3 bc she's not been very vigorous. 1 gallon should be better for her needs I think so she's not sitting in damp soil at the bottom suffocating the roots.

Here she is... i absolutely can not wait to flip her to flower. She has been the slowest vegger in 25 years! But damn i hope its worth it, im getting a good feeling though. Ill share her if with you guys that have stuck around with me if the bud turns out good if only for keeping the genetics alive. I was given about 12 more seeds, and thats it. She almost has a dj short flo look to her.
20240130_161348.jpg
20240131_172738.jpg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Here's the pine bud coming into its own finally. I topped her, but she's not branching hahaha. I should have just left it alone, but I was trying to encourage her to bush out some.This is a cool looking plant, looks diffrent to anything I've ran. Got some sweet colors going too, and a very royal purple stem. The hairs are actually pink as well. She's got a good smell going already belive it or not it's pine. Going to up her Tuesday in a 1 gallon instead of 3 bc she's not been very vigorous. 1 gallon should be better for her needs I think.

Here she is... i absolutely can not wait to flip her to flower. She has been the slowest vegger in 25 years! But damn i hope its worth it, im getting a good feeling though. Ill share her if with you guys that have stuck around with me if the bud turns out good if only for keeping the genetics alive. I was given about 12 more seeds, and thats it. She almost has a dj short flo look to her. View attachment 18953519 View attachment 18953520
Some plants just don't like being topped, maybe time will work in your favor and the pine plant will start branching. I usually go over to grow diaries and look to see if people are topping a certain strain. I have topped a plant or two that absolutely did not want to be topped, then regretted it.

nick11

Veteran
Some plants just don't like being topped, maybe time will work in your favor and the pine plant will start branching. I usually go over to grow diaries and look to see if people are topping a certain strain. I have topped a plant or two that absolutely did not want to be topped, then regretted it.
It definitely wants to grow single stalk which is fine by me because it's not taking up any space. Like you said though sometimes they'll respond once they recover again. Normally I run the plant naturally, and just go with it. I just don't have a reference point for this plant, kinda winging it. I'm trying so hard not to flower it so she will get a descent size. Ready though cause I'm seeing preflowers.

raftaar45ds

Here's the third durban, second picture is the bagseeds I've been messing with for a while. Awesome plants that are big and strong with a Xmas tree potpourri nose. I usually run a few each grow. He/ she was started 2 weeks after the durbans for reference. Third picture is the Mango haze reveg.9apps apk

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
That makes more sense tbh. Durban was only 25% of its make up. The smoke is very durban thai heavy..savory herb smelling with cedar notes, no licorice in cured buds.. I only had 1 pheno that's all incense in the smoke. So ouuta three one was a spot on representation of the packet description.

albertgriffiths

I topped her, but she's not branching

My ACE Nepal Jams had the same structure: super solid, but no lateral branches at all.
I used the males to outcross a few plants that had too flexible stems or lacked support, and I'm very happy with the outcome, structure and vigour-wise.

If your Pine Bud is very inbred + super columnar, chances are it could be better as a breeding tool than as a standalone!

nick11

Veteran
It's seeming that way so far slow and columnar. It has those unflexable stems too, at the same time I'm seeing a little growth coming up from the bottom. Leaves are turning all kinds of colors, never seen a veg plant turn colors. Anybody ever seen a plant like this? Got a wicked look no doubt. Im thinking it's some kind of old world kush like a hindu.
20240201_150802.jpg
20240201_150745.jpg
20240201_150737.jpg
20240201_150808.jpg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

It's seeming that way so far slow and columnar. It has those unflexable stems too, at the same time I'm seeing a little growth coming up from the bottom. Leaves are turning all kinds of colors, never seen a veg plant turn colors. Anybody ever seen a plant like this? Got a wicked look no doubt. Im thinking it's some kind of old world kush like a hindu.
View attachment 18953961 View attachment 18953962 View attachment 18953963 View attachment 18953964
Looking at the fan leaves you would think it is going through the end of life phase(senescence), yet the branches look like there vegging. I will have to wait and see how this plays out, interesting. Plants like people can be unpredictable.

nick11

Veteran
Looking at the fan leaves you would think it is going through the end of life phase(senescence), yet the branches look like there vegging. I will have to wait and see how this plays out, interesting. Plants like people can be unpredictable.
That's what's getting me, it looks like it's having a vegging fade haha. Flower should be real interesting. What's really cool is the new growth leaves are coming out with fade colors. Just diffrent every which way. I like diffrent though, I'm betting the plants going to be completely purple and black come mid flower.

oldmaninbc

That's what's getting me, it looks like it's having a vegging fade haha. Flower should be real interesting. What's really cool is the new growth leaves are coming out with fade colors. Just diffrent every which way. I like diffrent though, I'm betting the plants going to be completely purple and black come mid flower.
OH YEAH...I love colorful plants!
I remember the first time I seen purple buds; a friend dropped by to offer me some seeds he picked up in his travels. One bag contained small heavy green buds , the other bag large royal purple buds both from the same seed. The purple looked awesome but it was the small green buds that people wanted to smoke. I look forward to see the outcome of your Pine Bud.

nick11

Veteran
Thanks for hanging around friend. I'll update the whole garden Monday. I have some
tk x gg4 and a headband otw. I'll get back to the sativa hybrids this spring. Here's my buddy warming up, he's been with me a long time. I saved him a while back, he was basically dead and dehydrated. Slowly he's gotten healthy, he's been eating the gnats too. He's gotten where I can handle him..so cool.
20240203_075804.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Here's pine bud getting ready for up potting then flowering this week. I've never in my life seen a plant like this. I've been around herb 30 plus years, and this tops em all for uniqueness. Hope flowering goes good. My wife wants to keep it as an ornamental plant in the living room. It does kinda draw you in when you first look at it. I've noticed the new growth comes in neon green then slowly changes all the way to an almost black purple. Temps aren't too cold either...bout 70.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts