What's new

Brothers grimm durban xx grow day 2 12 12.

nick11

Veteran
Here's some buds from the " pine bud". As said earlier I've been grabbing this stuff for a long time. I finally sourced seeds from dude thats close to the old guy thats been growing it, its all he grows haha. It smells so good like pine sap and sandlewood. It tastes exactly like it smells too.
Buds are always gold and dark green in color. Reminds me of sensi seeds stuff like black domina and Northern lights. I'm hopefully dedicating a whole tent to it if all seeds pop. Ideally i wanna preserve it somehow or at least keep a nice female around.
20231129_080713.jpg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Thanks for your info, it's nice to have some feedback from someone who get the new seeds of Brother Grimm. I've never grown the original C99, only some crosses like the Space Queen from Subcool, it was a lovely cross with amazing pineapple taste and a very happy high, I'd gladly grow something similar. I understand the guys behind Brother Grimm trying to make money with the legendary names they created but they should have been more honest about the new seeds not being exactly the same than their old ones. But it's pretty common in the cannabis seeds business to see someone selling genetics with famous names even if they are not related, what is important in the end is the grower being happy with the harvest.
I've been tempted to try some seeds from BG but there is not enough feedback from growers so thank you for yours.

nick11

Veteran
It's pine bud not durban. Completely unrelated, 2 popped so far. Honestly i have no clue if it was indoor or out. Used to score year round so I'm assuming indoor. Comes from a person my dad knew, he's about 70 I would guess. Lives out in the alabama woods and basically he's an old soybean farmer. I'm sure he used to supplement his income with herb.

Cool back story bc I can trace this stuff back a long ways. I'm guessing it's some kind of local variety which we have several particularly " river bud". The river bud was awesome leafy loooing outdoor with no pistils being it's trademark look.

Kro magnon glad you found my diary of use. I don't get into names much, always let the herb speak for itself, here's durban dry now after a light trim. Some fire herb, they can call it whatever they want to haha
20231129_111336.jpg

Lastly here's c99xx at 8 weeks or
20231129_130350.jpg
20231129_130739.jpg
20231129_130735.jpg
so.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Here's dry ak47, new one on the right. Don't see many growers rocking the ak anymore, it's a great variety to this day. Been good since first pack I grew back in 2006. Won't wow anyone on bag appeal but for smell you will.
image000000(1).jpg

Also from the other tent heres strawberry banana from Crockett farms...this was the biggest surprise of the year! Great yield, funky terps..highly recommended. Haven't seen any grows of it. Everyone I've smoked out loves the taste and bag appeal.

image000000.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
I guess I'll just let this grow thread continue on as new plants come and go. Just have shiatsu and haze in the main tent. 2 pine buds are up too. Generally I introduce a couple new things each cycle.

nick11

Veteran
Ya I'm stoked. Bummer though only 2 are up, hopefully a couple more do. Pine smelling tasting bud is rare these days. Hopefully I'll get a fem, I'm sure it's been inbred forever so shouldn't be a bunch of phenos. I'll update on this thread

nick11

Veteran
Alright c99xx ripening fast. As you can see the buds look exactly like the original recipe c99 from 1998, even smells the same besides more funk in this version. Probably take her in 7 days ir so. Man she's a beauty too I'm revegging her for sure. Think she might be a longterm keeper, the buds are rock hard all the way to the bottoms.

Durban nights xx in the jars now and trimmed. Great early nose with licorice and kitchen cabinet herbs kinda smell right now.

20231202_060030.jpg
20231202_060024.jpg
20231202_060020.jpg

Last edited:

hillbil

Vaping a bit of Genius Juice right now
Harvested and used/using 2 Testers, Genius Juice and Cinderella Purple. Both have been great and tend to grow throughout flower. Buds are about 6/10 as far as dense.

No couchiness in either and both are very potent. Extreme sourness when vaped and this Genius Juice funk will hang around.

My 4 big funky Headband 99 XX is at 46 days with 2 having slightly elongated buds and 2 more dense and roundish. Leaves are a little narrow on the plants with long buds, not much. Starting to look more mature. One of the chunk bud plants has more trykes than about anything I’ve raised.

$25.00 or even $12.50 on sale is awesome.

nick11

Veteran
Sounds awesome I figured that headband would be a good one. Glad to hear somebody else is growing bros grimm. Please share some pics if you'd like. What's the genius juice lineage? I've never grown or smoked genius, I know she had a cult following back in the day for the clear cerebral effect. Everything I've ran has been absolutely ridiculous frost wise.

Here's my 2 baby pinebuds that made it.
20231202_072941.jpg

Last edited:

William76

The jack cut bros grimm are using in the new stuff is the jack herer cut from the herer family,sensi selected it and gifted mr herer it years ago when first released.there new Rossetta stone is fire!,76

nick11

Veteran
Ya I saw a interview where he said that..pretty cool. It's a great cut either way, nugs look very "hazey" on hybrids with it used.

nick11

Veteran
Shiatsu kush starting to get her nice spruce smell. All phenos have these distinctive serrations, and spottyeaves. Most have had a pale green color that purps towards end of life. I have no idea on lineage, supposed to be an Japanese hashplant.

20231205_075600.jpg
20231205_075151.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Some shiatsu kush cut. This is the other pheno we kept around. Gassy nose on this one.

IMG_20231206_161534.jpg
IMG_20231206_161445.jpg

Next up Mango haze. Just fed this plant for the first time. Still a ways to go with her, but smell is coming on now. It's kinda minty spicy right now. I'll probably keep it forever bc it's my go to smoke above everything else. Just always seems to be the first I go to...has the best lingering taste sweet yet spicy too.
20231207_125353.jpg
20231207_125320.jpg

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Okay so I have 2 pine buds, 4 lavenders, and 2 sfv og hybrids above soil. I'll continue my grow journal with these. Also ordered som bros grimm headband x airborne g13. Haze and shiatsu only thing really flowering now.

20231209_102002.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts