What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 NFL season who is your pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Maybe most pats fans do but not all cause my opinion is they are a well rounded team. Plus we pats fans can't forget that it was vinatieri who kicked the winning superbowl field goals back in the early 2000's lol so it's not just Brady

Well perhaps it's just the sports announcers that are also Pats fans? When I watched them there were at least two major scoring drives made possible by Gronkowski but when the announcers talked about it all the credit went to Brady. Sure he's an outstanding Quarterback but a QB is only as good as his team. If he doesn't have people making the big plays, making the difficult completion and adding big yards after completion then he's not going to have great looking stats.

Anyway I'm glad to hear there are some less blinded by Brady's shine that they can see it's all about teamwork.

Lexort420

Well perhaps it's just the sports announcers that are also Pats fans? When I watched them there were at least two major scoring drives made possible by Gronkowski but when the announcers talked about it all the credit went to Brady. Sure he's an outstanding Quarterback but a QB is only as good as his team. If he doesn't have people making the big plays, making the difficult completion and adding big yards after completion then he's not going to have great looking stats.

Anyway I'm glad to hear there are some less blinded by Brady's shine that they can see it's all about teamwork.

Exactly on the spot hempkat it's not just brady it's the whole team without good teammates Brady is nothing more than a fool throwing a ball around lol i like brady too don't get me wrong but he wouldn't be going anywhere without the rest of the team

HempKat

Veteran
Well unfortunately my Ravens lost their season opener but they put up a good enough fight that I can't help but wonder if Peyton Manning was singing "I almost lost to Bal-ti-more" to the tune of "Nationwide is on your side", as he headed to the locker room? :biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
I swear payton manning is gonna die on the field.when he broke his neck,the doctors told him if you keep playing you will die.the mannings live and breath football.but i like him and have huge respect for him.eli on the other hand let me down yesterday.great game though.did anybody see all the fights?crazy day

HempKat

Veteran
I swear payton manning is gonna die on the field.when he broke his neck,the doctors told him if you keep playing you will die.the mannings live and breath football.but i like him and have huge respect for him.eli on the other hand let me down yesterday.great game though.did anybody see all the fights?crazy day

Well with the softer rules designed to protect players like the QB and receivers combined with Peyton's ability to read things good enough on the fly, he's fairly safe. They need to get his protection up to speed though they're all fairly new and not playing to their fullest potential yet. If they can't tighten that up I don't see Peyton lasting the year. As for fights, I didn't notice anything worth mentioning during the Ravens / Broncos game but that was the only game I watched.

shithawk420

Veteran
One of the fights i was refering to was the oakland and i think it was the bengals.the guy was choking the other guy or something.guy was on top of a raider.hell probally get assualt charges

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
One of the fights i was refering to was the oakland and i think it was the bengals.the guy was choking the other guy or something.guy was on top of a raider.hell probally get assualt charges

That was no fight, that was Pacman Jones acting like the longtime scumbag he always has been.

Lions are already performing up to par.

Blowing a big lead, Stafford playing mediocre, and the usual Lions let down because they can't seem to play for a full 4 quarters.

The defense is going to have problems all season long.

Ugg, the misery and pain of being a Lions fan.

Where the hell is that guy who was predicting a Lions Super Bowl win.

How do you feel today?

:laughing:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I got to watch the pats train a few times when I lived in foxboro....brady is just one part ...the rest of the team works as hard or harder...yeehaw

O

OGShaman

The craziest fight I saw this week was when a few 49ers fans decided to beat the shit out of a Vikings fan in the parking lot. Just a brutal attack. Kicking the guy in the face while he's on the ground. Had it not been for a security guard and some other fans that jumped in to rescue the guy they probably would have killed him.

Ridiculous.

HempKat

Veteran
That was no fight, that was Pacman Jones acting like the longtime scumbag he always has been.

Lions are already performing up to par.

Blowing a big lead, Stafford playing mediocre, and the usual Lions let down because they can't seem to play for a full 4 quarters.

The defense is going to have problems all season long.

Ugg, the misery and pain of being a Lions fan.

Where the hell is that guy who was predicting a Lions Super Bowl win.

How do you feel today?

:laughing:

Yeah that seems to be a big drawback for the NFL there seems to be an imbalance of success with certain teams repeatedly making it to at least the playoffs if not the Super Bowl. There are teams out there that have never made it to either. Ideally teams should all be able to perform well enough to actually win resulting in ever changing teams in the playoffs and Super Bowl. It's a miracle that fan bases still exist for such teams.

HempKat

Veteran
You don't want to know how long i've had season tickets, the miami game will tell the truth about how our season will go

That's the thing though, it's just like they said in the movie by the same name "any given Sunday" a team can win or lose due to totally unforeseen circumstances. I don't mean bad calls either that is conceivable and therefore can be factored in. I mean things like critical injuries, like what happened to Theismann years ago. I think it's safe to say that it had a deep impact on both Theismann and LT and that immediately both teams played differently even if it wasn't obvious.

O

OGShaman

I guess the beating suspects were caught. A 17 year old girl among them after kicking the guy in the head while he was on the ground.

Four suspects have been arrested in connection with the beating of a Minnesota Vikings fan outside the San Francisco 49ers’ stadium after Monday night’s football game, Santa Clara police said.

A 70-second viral video capturing the assault on a 35-year-old man wearing a Vikings jersey helped police identify the four people suspected of kicking and punching him near the parking lot at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara.

Three California men in their early 30s and a 17-year-old girl were arrested Thursday evening, police said. The adults were taken to the Santa Clara County jail and the girl was issued a criminal citation and released to her parents.

Police Lt. Kurt Clarke verified the video Tuesday and later identified two victims: the Vikings fan and an 18-year-old security officer. Both suffered noncritical injuries.

The video depicts several bystanders and security personnel in yellow jackets scrambling to halt the assault and tend to the Vikings fan on the pavement while others screamed “stop” and “leave him alone” and “what the hell’s wrong with you guys?”

After a momentary lull, a woman came up and kicked the victim at least twice before she was pushed away.

A member of the security team helped the man to his feet, and he walked away under his own power.

Police said at least two of the adult suspects were wearing 49ers jerseys.

In a written statement Tuesday, 49ers spokesman Bob Lange said that “unacceptable behavior such as this will not be tolerated.”

HempKat

Veteran
Okay, it's starting to look like it's going to be a long season for me with the Ravens being 0 for 2 now. I love my Ravens but why do they got to be putting me to such a test of loyalty? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.