What's new

2015 NFL season who is your pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Toker

Veteran
and for the record, I started a thread on the 2015 season and who are your picks? and I expressed my sentiments but I welcomed everyone's favorite picks so your attacks are proving rather tiresome. Hey some love the Pack, there were at least a couple other favorites, none that I remember about my faves the Pats but I welcome the vibes of supporting one's team no matter who that be, but continually seeking the low blow is not the way to go man! not complaining yet but might, just saying keep it cool and positive. thanks

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
All I know about the New England Patriots is that 3 times in the past few years (2 of those times in the playoffs) my Ravens wiped that smirk off Brady's face. So he and his team are not unbeatable. The only time I like New England is when they play Pittsburg as that's the team any true Ravens fan hates. :) I will admit though that New England has great talent, great enough that cheating shouldn't be needed. So it does cast some doubt on the accusations. On the other hand, there are so many willing to accuse that it also makes you wonder. Kind of like the old saying of "If one or two people tell you that you have a tail like a cat you can probably ignore them but if 10 people tell you that, you better turn around and check to make sure."

Space Toker

Veteran
well I agree the Pats seemed to have a disadvantage to the Ravens for sure but I think we corrected our errors in a playoff game recently! ;) But yes you have a right to be proud of the accomplishments of your team as does anyone else about theirs... this is a new season, we all hope our team does the best of all but no one knows for sure despite all the false (or real??) hubrice, but I think we are in good shape. Good luck unless it conflicts with mine.. go Patriots!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually it's not a thread about New England, it's a thread asking for people to submit who they are rooting for this year.

um, yeah, maybe.

his title says it's about the 2015 season but tokers entire OP is filled thoughts about rings that should have been won (maybe if the Giants didn't show up for those Superbowls) in the past, and rings that will be in the future. space toker also begins & ends his OP with comments about the cheating scandal, I'll hold myself faultless in my replies/comments in answer to his thoughts on the same subject.

thnx for your thoughts though.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
okay st, this will please you, this will be my last post in this thread, you can't handle the negativity generated by your team. I'm not the only one here that mentioned their cheating ways, but shit always comes back to me for the blame game.

now, my reference to the Patriots as being proven cheaters goes back to 2007 when Matt Estrella was caught red handed on the Jets sideline videotaping the Jets coaching staff, that was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and Belicheat was personally fined $500,00, the Patriots were fined $250,000 and a 1st round draft pick was taken from them as well.

From Wiki:

As part of their probe into the allegations, the NFL required the Patriots to turn over all notes and tapes relating to the taping of opponents' defensive signals; the Patriots complied with the order and the NFL reviewed and then destroyed the materials. This action was criticized on February 1, 2008 – 2 days before Super Bowl XLII — by U.S. Senator Arlen Specter, who requested to meet with Goodell. After meeting with Goodell on February 13, 2008 Specter reported that Goodell told him that Belichick had been engaged in the practice since he became head coach of the Patriots in 2000. Belichick said he believed he was operating within the rules as long as the tape was not used during the same game.

oh boy! Belicheat did that for 7 years w/o realizing it was against the rules??? I don't believe that for a second.

I named the team I'd root for if they made the Superbowl (or even playoffs) would be the Giants and as mentioned I'm done with the Jets. Like the old middle school reader 'Man Without a Country' I am without any true feelings for any teams. Maybe I should just commit to the Giants full time :dunno:

back to the Patriots issue though, I hope you noticed that I was equally un-enamored with Dallas and Tony Romo, I won't count up my posts about them but there were several & then some, but nobody seemed as slighted as you did. I don't usually apologize for what I say because I stand by my words/thoughts/feelings.

So go ahead and unload on me as much as you like, you can even unload on Eli & the Giants again, it won't bother me a bit. Enjoy your season with the Pats.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
eli-manning-i-came.png

HempKat

Veteran
um, yeah, maybe.

his title says it's about the 2015 season but tokers entire OP is filled thoughts about rings that should have been won (maybe if the Giants didn't show up for those Superbowls) in the past, and rings that will be in the future. space toker also begins & ends his OP with comments about the cheating scandal, I'll hold myself faultless in my replies/comments in answer to his thoughts on the same subject.

thnx for your thoughts though.......

Well that would make sense for a Patriot's fan to mention, I would almost expect any patriots fan to reference the scandal in some way and you're perfectly fine to respond to them but it still does not change the fact that the thread is about who people are rooting for this year.

All this stuff aside and in all seriousness, are you okay S4L? You seem different here in recent months, more on edge, more ready to take things more personally then you used to.

Space Toker

Veteran
Ok sure clever hater post but whatever, it is nonsense and anyone who wishes to be unbiased knows it. Yes I love my team but I welcomed all input from everyone, wondering what others thought, without bias which is just as bad as racial prejudiice in my eyes. Plenty of people loved their teams here without hate which I welcome but hate has no place here so you know the saying, don't let the door... well you know.. that others supported this shows there is hate here, but hate is always overcome by love, blind ignorance with intelligence, and smokescreens by real performance... so go Patriots!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Rodgers and the Pack are going to PWN this season! count on it! Jordy might be out, but others will step up, like Davonte Adams.

Go Pack Go!

Space Toker

Veteran
I hear a lot about the Pack, I have nothing against any other team until my team has to play them but I would love to vanquish old demons and let go of past pain, so I hope we face the Pack, Giants, or Bears in the Superbowl and teach them a good hard lesson! :)

Hey I wish you and all good natured people luck unless the Pats face your team, but we are all football fans here and that is what really matters! Passion bring it on!

HempKat

Veteran
Well for one night, last night, I loved the Patriots as they beat the Steelers. I'll go back to hating the Pats when Baltimore plays them though. One thing I really find annoying about the Patriot's fans is they seem to put most if not all the credit for their wins on Brady when there are others on the team just as responsible for their wins. Like Gronkowski, if he wasn't there last night I'm not so sure the Patriots would have beat the Steelers.

Lexort420

Maybe most pats fans do but not all cause my opinion is they are a well rounded team. Plus we pats fans can't forget that it was vinatieri who kicked the winning superbowl field goals back in the early 2000's lol so it's not just Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.