What's new

2015 NFL season who is your pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry bro, but you called for some Romo memes.......

romo7_zpskoq1fy2h.jpg

romo1_zps443qmo2j.jpg

romo6_zpsfpfbcrga.jpg

romo4_zps8rbpnklv.jpg

romo3_zpsetcp4x5a.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well first off, on the Brady issue. Maybe he and the Patriots cheated maybe not, I doubt we'll ever be certain. I think trying to prevent him from playing football is rather foolish, millions of dollars are spent on keeping player, regardless of whether they actually play or not. I think the proper solution to the alleged cheating would be to correct how balls are handled to prevent tampering with and/or effects on air pressure due to temperature change. If the goal is to maintain an even playing field then you have to. If going from a warm room to a cold outdoor field can cause that much pressure loss then any team at any moment could have an advantage without ever intentionally cheating.

As for the topic, well I've been a Ravens fan for a good while now. I see no reason to change that any time soon. Go Ravens!

so then how odd would it be that the Colts footballs did not suffer the same loss of air due to those same atmospheric conditions.

they cheated and got away with it, a Belicheat specialty.......

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Wasn't gonna comment in this thread until i seen this post.
My how we despise cowboys fans
Interesting twist to the look at the rings line
I envision Murray scoring often on you guys . .

All in good fun man. :biggrin:

My best friends in the world are Philly fans. We tease each other, but for their sake I wish them luck this season.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
@ S4L . . . I love Romo memes. When I was young, I took that stuff very personally and it upset me. Thankfully, my sense of humor prevailed.

oh, and . . .

:biggrin:

CodeGreen99

That judge must have been a Patriots fan.

I'm not a Patriots fan, but I've always like Tom Brady. I kind of thought the deflate thing was overblown .... right up until I read all about how Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone to hide evidence. Conveniently decided to destroy his phone right before his meeting with investigators. Yet claiming the two events were unrelated. Riiiiight. I lost a lot of respect for him after hearing that. I think he knew exactly what was going on. It's not like the Patriots haven't been caught cheating before this.

Oh well. Go Bears! Not that we'll do too much until Cutler gets benched and this new kid takes his job.

He didn't destroy his phone because of the deflating, he probably had every defensive playbook on that phone.

My Jaguars should do a hell of a lot better this year. Sunday can't come quick enough

soserthc1

@stoner4life great stuff .
While I will admit tony has talent ....
I still think he's a loser and will never win a/ the big game.
I know if I was a cowboys fan or any other NFC east team. I would be fearing the eagles offense.
The Sam Bradford show is about to begin !!!!_
I'm taking the first 5 bean bets from my personal seed runs.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
so then how odd would it be that the Colts footballs did not suffer the same loss of air due to those same atmospheric conditions.

they cheated and got away with it, a Belicheat specialty.......

You might be right and then again you might not be I don't know how they (the Colts) handle their footballs. I'm not weighing in on their guilt or innocence. The point I'm making is that a claim was made about how going from a warm storage locker indoors to a cold outdoor field, might have changed the pressure in the balls. Science supports that and it's the same reason my tire is low light comes on when it gets cold out every year. A simple solution to that problem is to require the balls to be given to the officials well before they actually test the footballs and have them stored in outdoor lockers that are uninsulated one on each side so they can be stored according to which team they belong to. That way when they are tested they'll be in the same condition they would be in during the game and any tampering can only be done on the sidelines and if caught there would be no question of guilt.

Speaking of odd things though, if I remember correctly, when "deflategate" first broke out in the news, someone pointed out that during the time when the Patriots might have been using the deflated balls, they actually did worse.

HempKat

Veteran
That judge must have been a Patriots fan.

I'm not a Patriots fan, but I've always like Tom Brady. I kind of thought the deflate thing was overblown .... right up until I read all about how Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone to hide evidence. Conveniently decided to destroy his phone right before his meeting with investigators. Yet claiming the two events were unrelated. Riiiiight. I lost a lot of respect for him after hearing that. I think he knew exactly what was going on. It's not like the Patriots haven't been caught cheating before this.

Oh well. Go Bears! Not that we'll do too much until Cutler gets benched and this new kid takes his job.

Wellll there might be other reasons he destroyed the phone. It could have been that the phone would have revealed an even more serious scandal then "deflategate". What if he used that phone for accessing Ashley Madison? :) Not that he was, that's just one example of something that could come out and be worse for him then under inflated footballs.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's today's news concerning the Patriots level of cheating.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...r-in-scope-than-first-realized-140513497.html

that's a Yahoo link. Here's the full url to copy/paste if you don't want to link out of this website. Just close the intentional space I put in directly after the http://

http:// sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--patriots--spygate-scandal-was-bigger-in-scope-than-first-realized-140513497.html

that gap between the http:// and the word sports allows the full url to appear without it being abbreviated as in the top url.

most computers actually correct this gap automatically these days, so just try it as is by copy/paste if you like.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ S4L . . . I love Romo memes. When I was young, I took that stuff very personally and it upset me. Thankfully, my sense of humor prevailed.

oh, and . . . [URL=http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z189/13SneakyPete13/emotes/sux_jints1.gif]View Image[/URL]

:biggrin:

I'd been a Jets fan since my 1st game in '66, my dad was the Giants fan and always went with his friends/associates to those games; I gave up on the Jets a few years ago when I couldn't take the nonsense of Sanchez/Rex Ryan bullshit anymore.

Here's another Romo joke btw:
How do you say Tony Romo in Spanish? Mark Sanchez.

I do however root for the Giants when they get to the Superbowl being as I still consider myself a NYer.

Space Toker

Veteran
your posts about the Patriots are starting to hit below the belt S4L, almost to the point of personal attacks (in the case of me "hallucinating" especially) or rabid mindless hatred toward the team. Please don't make me dislike you and please keep it civil.

Great point you made earlier Hempkat! The judge put aside all the BS nonsense distractions/sideshows and realized the whole process was biased and unfair. He should have also realized there was no hard evidence of any wrongdoing and the whole biased investigation was a joke in terms of credibility and professionalism. But at least he did the right thing in the end. Now let the drama queens be silenced by performance.... Go Patriots!

soserthc1

personal attacks aside but you really don't believe the pats cheated just a little .....lol

Sad part is they barely won those Super Bowls knowing the other teams schemes ....

Mr clutch kinda new where the blitz was coming from for 7 years ....
There should be a asterisk before those bowls ....
And you bet I'm bitter loosing to cheaters by three ,

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
personal attacks aside but you really don't believe the pats cheated just a little .....lol

of course they cheated, and more than just a little. you don't think the equipment personnel disappeared for 90 seconds with those balls for some alone time do ya??? lol :)

space toker, if you open a thread about a team that has been proven to be cheaters expect to be called on the obvious. I'd been a Jets fan since 1966 when I attended my first game, hating division rivals is fair game.......

Lexort420

Im a patriots fan always have been and history has repeated itself many times now, anytime the pats are winning all the whinners and butt sore tards come out of the wood work. Never fails!

Space Toker

Veteran

Sad part is they barely won those Super Bowls knowing the other teams schemes ....

Mr clutch kinda new where the blitz was coming from for 7 years ....
There should be a asterisk before those bowls ....
And you bet I'm bitter loosing to cheaters by three ,

exactly, don't you think if they "cheated" they would have won by a landslide?! That they won in such hard fought battles to the end should be obvious proof to all but the most dense that this was skill that prevailed nothing else.

HempKat

Veteran
of course they cheated, and more than just a little. you don't think the equipment personnel disappeared for 90 seconds with those balls for some alone time do ya??? lol :)

space toker, if you open a thread about a team that has been proven to be cheaters expect to be called on the obvious. I'd been a Jets fan since 1966 when I attended my first game, hating division rivals is fair game.......

Actually it's not a thread about New England, it's a thread asking for people to submit who they are rooting for this year.

Space Toker

Veteran

nothing has been proven, if you put this into a criminal case there would be the assumption of innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around, and none of the nonsense put forth over the years seems more than sad jealousy, just saying but when is the last time Jets won anything? In any reasonable court of innocent until proven guilty, the sad "evidence" would have forced acquittal time after time, so just nonsense from haters. You know I am right even if you won't admit it. I abhor cheaters too with the best of them even though let's face it we all did it more than once, as does most other teams/people especially the most sucessful. Other teams have cheated, no one is perfect but in the end the Pats have won and well the others are just wannabes! :D thank you for inspiring me! ;) Go Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.