What's new

You know you live in the country if......

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

It's way easier to find any ammo you want, than it is to find decent rolling papers...

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Black bear country, it's that time of year and I have 2 oak trees next to the house; think acorns!;)

Had a brown bear paw print in the sand, then got it on the trail cam about a week ago. Just a 350(ish) pound youngin eating berries, searching for new territory there, but wouldn't wanna fight it, get my ass whooped in two secs. Got me bear gun, but don't wanna shoot em suckas either. So when I go check out spots, I stomp and hoot and holler to make sure they know I'm coming. Most bears don't like people so they will get out the way.. Momma bear with cubs is the worst, then fall time hungry bear searching for food before winter nap time comes second and other bears, other bears I'm cooooooooool with. Bears are good people.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a brown bear paw print in the sand, then got it on the trail cam about a week ago. Just a 350(ish) pound youngin eating berries, searching for new territory there, but wouldn't wanna fight it, get my ass whooped in two secs. Got me bear gun, but don't wanna shoot em suckas either. So when I go check out spots, I stomp and hoot and holler to make sure they know I'm coming. Most bears don't like people so they will get out the way.. Momma bear with cubs is the worst, then fall time hungry bear searching for food before winter nap time comes second and other bears, other bears I'm cooooooooool with. Bears are good people.

Yup, the grizz is a whole other story but they too run off usually if you both live in the same area. if you are an outsider hunter, maybe not.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just had a "deep stoner thought" about a lot of things that I've just been taking for granted, for the last 8 years...

It's a little different living in the country, but I LOVE it!!

"You know you live in the country if"....
You own a 4x4 just so you can get down your own driveway and the street you live on...:biggrin:

If it looks like this >>> :dance013:
picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Nice neighborhood you have there. Come over to my place and have some cookies!

I want to try to make a batch of chocolate cupcakes. Just don't want to eat them all.

Starcrash, that's a nice limestone road. Graded smooth, crowned, no ruts. Looks freshly done to me.

Cuddles

I SO wish I still lived in that neighbourhood! But alas... this is the country neighbourhood from my childhood. We moved back to the city when I was ten :(

But I have very fond memories of our life in the country!!! I still reckon that the countryside is the best place for children to grow up in. I mean you learn about trees, plants annimals and stuff. To my shame though I hardly remember any of it :(

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice neighborhood you have there. Come over to my place and have some cookies!

I want to try to make a batch of chocolate cupcakes. Just don't want to eat them all.

Starcrash, that's a nice limestone road. Graded smooth, crowned, no ruts. Looks freshly done to me.

:shucks:

Cuddles

okay, then. I thought there may have been some natural disaster or that some tosspots have decided to blow a hole in it

hayday

Veteran
This is close to where Ima retire in a year. I'm here now and I love it so much.I do have grass to mow, fences to fix but the porch needs weighting down lol.

picture.php

I love Texas...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
The problem with black bears where I am is that they live on the edge of a large town surrounded by nearby mountains and are very smart.

They feel comfortable foraging for food in your back yard, know how to open car doors and one even came inside a house and ate the owners small dog.

........ I have a bunch of small dogs and frequently forget to set the lock at night.:bigeye:

Latest posts

Latest posts