What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

TANO

🍒
Veteran
Egg Fettuccine alla bolognese with Parmesan cheese

Bolognese sauce: beef and pork celery carrots onions garlic rosemary sage white wine tomato puree ... cooked 4 hours over low heat

20220910_190505.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dairy free "cheese" ? ooops, sorry. it says "mozzarella' not "cheese". i'll have to try and find the roast garlic pasta sauce however...:good:

moose eater

Deep-fried tempura beer-battered halibut from Cook Inlet, courtesy of our daughter. Deep-fried tempura beer-battered large organic button-top mushrooms, and deep-fried sweet onions in tempura beer-batter.

Handful of raw, organic, broccoli with a touch of homemade balsamic dressing

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Deep-fried tempura beer-battered halibut from Cook Inlet, courtesy of our daughter. Deep-fried tempura beer-battered large organic button-top mushrooms, and deep-fried sweet onions in tempura beer-batter.

Handful of raw, organic, broccoli with a touch of homemade balsamic dressing
i gotta quit checking your replies/posts on this thread, moose! you're fucking killing me. i've gained twenty pounds... i'd be upstairs eating AGAIN if you hadn't tossed in the bit about raw broccoli. :faint:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I eat Chef Boyardee for lunch 3-4 times a week. No preservatives or artificial colors or flavors. Need to have a sandwich with it.
When did we all start becoming wieners about food and eating healthy?
There's a Clover Food Lab in Harvard Square. Veggies! I like lettuce. Yellow squash is where it is.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I eat Chef Boyardee for lunch 3-4 times a week. No preservatives or artificial colors or flavors. Need to have a sandwich with it.
When did we all start becoming wieners about food and eating healthy?
There's a Clover Food Lab in Harvard Square. Veggies! I like lettuce. Yellow squash is where it is.
yellow squash and turnips are my favorites! they blow all to hell when you shoot them with a 30-06...too bad kale isn't more dramatic when it dies. :frown:

moose eater

yellow squash and turnips are my favorites! they blow all to hell when you shoot them with a 30-06...too bad kale isn't more dramatic when it dies. :frown:
Yellow and summer squash like zuchinni are awesome foods for folks with diebetes. Steamed, and sometimes with a touch of butter or coconut oil, and a wee bit of salt.

Or sauteed, or in a stir-fry, providing it's one of the last veggies added, as they cook so fast.

We also deep-fry them cut into 'sticks' in tempura beer-batter when there's extra, which is frequently.

The kale I didn't care for forever, but friends in the Yukon Territory have a daughter who is a yoga instructor and a nutritionist. She took Kale this last trip and made a version of a Kale Caesar salad, complete with homemade Caesar dressing, and it was pretty tasty!! The texture of kale still sucks, but for my very first kale Caesar salad, it was nice.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yellow and summer squash like zuchinni are awesome foods for folks with diebetes. Steamed, and sometimes with a touch of butter or coconut oil, and a wee bit of salt.

Or sauteed, or in a stir-fry, providing it's one of the last veggies added, as they cook so fast.

We also deep-fry them cut into 'sticks' in tempura beer-batter when there's extra, which is frequently.

The kale I didn't care for forever, but friends in the Yukon Territory have a daughter who is a yoga instructor and a nutritionist. She took Kale this last trip and made a version of a Kale Caesar salad, complete with homemade Caesar dressing, and it was pretty tasty!! The texture of kale still sucks, but for my very first kale Caesar salad, it was nice.
i cannot believe it. you finally put up a post that didn't make me want to ransack the refrigerator... :thank you:

moose eater

Ramen and a few eggs

Frankly, may lose my mind soon
whacky110.gif
Not over the Ramen, I hope.

We just sauteed some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and browned them with some organic buittom top mushrooms, organic yellow summer squash, organic zuchinni, orgnanic celeery, sweet onion, and a chicken broth with corn starch sauce, seasoned with lots of garlic and a bit of black pepper.

Served over rotini noodles made from chick peas/rams heads.

Chased down with some RO H2O.

moose eater

Limited number of organic blueberry pancakes, made with fat organic blueberries, whole wheat pastry flour, cocnut flour (lower carb) and topped with salted butter, organic Canajun pure maple syrup, and green tea as a medicinal.

Then off to pick up my older son, grab some limited groceries for our reuben sandwichews for lunch time, dig out the ditches at the road near the driveway culvert in prep for Winter, till the weeds into the potato field, load stuff into the trailer from the shed, house and barn to take to the re-use are at the transfer station, place the fuel oil barrels and their crib into the trailer for the first of 3 heating oil runs, clean out some new-to-me 55-gallon & 15-gallon poly oil drums for storing fuel oil later, and gather up the spruce wood I've been slowly clearing from the last wind storms.

Piece of cake.