What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Venison burgers on an open fire tonight. Yum.
I don't add any fat or swine meat to my venison burgers like many do. I like it straight up as it comes off the deer and there is a small amount of venison fat mixed in, maybe 2 %. Healthier that way. .
Just dont overcook them and they aren't dry.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Lunch today is a chunk of cheddar, a can of sardines and Pilot crackers.

Amsterdam Errline

Infused Pasta Yummie
_DSF6647.jpg

moose eater

Baked-in-foil Cook Inlet wild-caught silver salmon caught by our daughter this late Summer, seasoned with black pepper, soy sauce, touch of maple syrup, and garlic on the meat side of the fillet before being wrapped in good aluminum foil and baked 35 minutes+ at 375 f.

Steamed organic whole green beans, organic frozen domestic blueberries with a touch of 40% heavy whipping cream and a small dash of organic maple syrup.

Hibiscus-flavored seltzer water, and a few puffs of Space Cake #1 from 2 harvest ago.

moose eater

Salmon salad (rendered from the previous day's salmon, deboned and flaked), made with organic celery, organic sweet peppers, baby dill pickles, sweet onion, spicy brown mustard, mayonaise, lemon juice, lime juice, Tapatio sauce, smoked paprika, minced garlic, dill weed, and horseradish, on quinoa and flax seed crackers..

With some more of the organic domestic blueberries, with heavy whipping cream and a tiny touch of maple syrup drizzled on them.

moose eater

2 egg omelette made with free-range large brown eggs, a touch of 40% whipping cream, a drizzle of unsweetened almond milk, and containing Jarlsberg Swiss cheese, chopped, browned uncured dry-rub maple sugar bacon, sauteed sweet onion (chopped) wilted fresh organic baby spinach, and 5 sauteed wild-caught Gulf of Mexico prawns (U15 count), with a bit of black pepper, granulated California garlic & sea salt, with a drizzling over the finished product with El Pato green chili sauce.

Fucking OUTSTANDING!!

Had to split it with my wife. Too much food. She doesn't care for shrimp, but she ate this without complaint..

Last edited:

moose eater

Half of a reuben sandwich, made with toasted dark rye bread, mayo, extra hot horseradish, uncured pastrami, combination of Jarlsberg Swiss cheese and Gruyere Swiss cheese, and uncured/freshly fermented sauerkraut, broiled open-face under the broiler on low heat until the Swiss cheese is just starting to turn golden brown.

Along with a side of organic steamed fresh broccoli with 4-cheese sauce, and a small half-cup of frozen domestic organic blueberries with a drizzle of 40% heavy whipping cream over them.

A pretty fine dinner, I think.

Last edited:

moose eater

damn moose! those prawns sound good.would love to see pics of your food.

that chicken looks pretty bland tudo.would be good on a salad or in a wrap though.
heres some salmon florentine i made the other day
View attachment 18780463 View attachment 18780462
Thanks hawk.

Those sliders look pretty tasty.

The prawns are pretty decent; wild-caught Gulf of Mexico. Not as good as our stripes and spots, but I haven't eaten wild-caught Gulf of Alaska/Prince Willliam Sound shrimp in years now.

My 2 lesser digital cameras (both Nikon types) that I had come to rely on after they'd sat in storage for years, have both given up the ghost. My flip phone has a camera, but not the quality of my wife's smart phone. Perhaps I can ask her some time to assist in such an effort. She has with other projects that required such gear.

I see you're still hanging out here on occasion. I trust things are going OK for you?

I'd better get back to bed and a series I was watching... Got up to catch a small snack, and ended up with more domestic organic blueberries and some smoked baby clams on quinoa and flax seed crackers. The blueberries are far better than the farm-raised, smoked baby clams in oil on crackers. No competition.

Edit: I've been having a longing for deep-fried calamari and crab cakes of decent quality. I see it coming in the near future. Maybe some crab-stuffed mushrooms, too. Make it a creative, non-traditional Thanksgiving, perhaps.

Latest posts

Latest posts