What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

TheUnknownGrowe

New York Strip steak.. Tried to cook it rare, but it came out medium. My latest blood work showed my LDL 2 points high, which isn't much I know, but thought it strange considering I don't eat butter or very much red/fatty meat. Might eat beef once a week at most.
This caught my attention, I bought a 1/2 a bison last fall and ate strip-loin bison steak with a baked potato today, baked at 350, a little Mrs Dash and some soy sauce…. outstanding….
👍

TheUnknownGrowe

Had one at work today, no frills bit it sure was tasty….
BLT W egg & cheese sure sounds good! Throw some hot sauce on it and I’m in. Tomorrow’s lunch for sure, I’m an old hippy myself…,

Attachments

• 859539FB-DB04-4B1E-B58E-514D58CB4C19.jpeg
    859539FB-DB04-4B1E-B58E-514D58CB4C19.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Green Squall

This caught my attention, I bought a 1/2 a bison last fall and ate strip-loin bison steak with a baked potato today, baked at 350, a little Mrs Dash and some soy sauce…. outstanding….
👍
What did you pay for half a bison? I occasionally buy little medallion steaks from the grocery store, but I'm pretty sure its the cheapest cut. Very similar to a round steak.

TheUnknownGrowe

What did you pay for half a bison? I occasionally buy little medallion steaks from the grocery store, but I'm pretty sure its the cheapest cut. Very similar to a round steak.

It was a small animal, the equivalent of bison veal, 286 lbs (butcher weighed cleaned meat @572 lbs) @ $3.85/lb (going rate is $5.50 but the farmer is a friend so I got friend price).
GREAT meat, I will rarely buy beef now, it’s hard to tell the difference and much lower fat. This farmer treats his animals well, so it’s good. You think grass fed is best? It’s not, add grain to their feed and meat gets amazing, it’s just too expensive for most farmers to do, but this guy has a grain farm so some of the 2nd rate grain goes to feed.
Prairie Thunder Bison near Humboldt, Saskatchewan

BTW
None of this includes butchering, by the time it was ready I was into it for almost $6/lb….

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
accidentally bought instant cream of wheat the other day. being reluctant to waste food, i tried it...then, i threw the rest of it away. yeah, i wasted MONEY, but that shit...i wouldn't feed it to birds that i hoped would choke on it....

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I actually made myself 5 big chicken drumsticks, prepped them a little then dunked in egg batter then rolled in italian style progresso bread crumbs and within 1 hour total I was then wiping the 5 drumsticks out and forgot all about the bluecheese dressing. Dayum that was good so, this week will do that again. I do believe I will
rolleyes.gif

armedoldhippy

Veteran
this morning, it was too much sausage, too many eggs, and -just- the right amount of toast with too much butter on it. my doctor rushed out and bought a new Corvette...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Made some sweet almond clusters with coconut today. I use a custom chocolate mix with 4 different types of chocolate. Tried dipping some pretzels too. These are too good if you know what I mean...non medicated. If I made them with thc infused chocolate I could get myself into trouble eating to much!!
Have a great day all! negative.
almond clusters1.jpg

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
My whole grains/healthy fats base,
that gets a variety of items added to it, depending,
e.g., cinnamon, instant coffee, ABV (already been vaped), yogurt, cocoa, raisins, etc.
Made up of (clockwise from top): flaxseed meal, soaked plump almonds, Grape Nuts cereal, and old fashioned oats…
836CBE26-B338-465F-B53C-7D762A117DA8.jpeg

And more bad food news…
Ultraprocessed foods linked to cancer and early death, studies find
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/health/ultraprocessed-foods-cancer-early-death-wellness/index.html

Last edited:

goingrey

Weed porridge.

A cup of oatmeal, a bit of salt, a bit of oil, four cups water... three buds.

Cooked low and slow. Well for an hour, is that slow?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Breakfast this morning was a soft boiled duck egg on rough whole grain toast , some olives and left over bonito ceviche from last night.

Latest posts

Latest posts