What's new

The Best Haze

ngakpa

Veteran
heya Zam :)

sorry man, I am probably doing my usual thing of sounding like I know more than I actually do - in my travels in India I never went further south than Maharashtra, though I have spent maybe a year and a half total in North India

I am no expert on South Indian ganja strains - just been reading what others have said and vague recollections of conversations with friends etc. who have spent time there

What I would say is that there will be ganja in India as long as there are Indians there, that's for sure

As for presevration of diversity - I am not sure ... but Indian culture, especially the sadhu tradition of wandering renunciant holy men, ensures that there will always be non-commercial cultivation around ... there is certainly still high quality non-commercial charas to be had in India -

an old travelling friend has some pukka charas from near Pindari, Uttar Pradesh (up near Nepal) and it is an extremely potent, highly refined high - he has spent years in India hunting and smoking the best charas he can find

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Mmm Sounds delicious! I can't pass up some nice fresh charas of incomparable sweetness. Sounds like my kind of buddy, lol.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I have 2 indian haze clones at the moment. They've rooted in the soil, but won't grow. Just like they needed nitrogen :chin: Someone said in another thread that they don't like nutes at first, but I don't know what else to do. The problem just can't be that the soil is too strong, no way. I think I'm gonna give them just a hint of fertilizer and see what happens. Now that I think of it, the mother plant didn't grow either, not even when planted to new soil which does include a certain amount of nutes too... I gave her a bit of piss and she started growing like a... well, hemp. It feels strange that they would need so much nutes at so early stage.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've been thinking for a while I should get some of the Seedsman Indian Haze - I germed out a few of the OHaze last year, though most died in the heatwave - the two that survived were so insanely lanky I had to put them down. One grew six inches in the first week, and 9 inches in the second, with three sets of leaves! Pinching out just grew new four-inch stems with one leaf each. Impossible to grow in the space I had.

But I don't think that was bad genetics, as all the other Seedsman varieties I've grown have been superb - I put it down to lack of experience on my part. So I'd like to try the Haze crosses, as I think they might be more manageable.

Thule - are those two Seedsman stock?

Farmer John said:
I like Original Haze x Skunk#1 very much, hazes are a pain in the ass to grow but this one is a good example of a nicely balanced haze x...very suitable for indoors, I like it much more than our NH that is good also.

A couple OHxSk#1 nugs, kinda immature but still they were good..

OHxSk#1 early in flower and NH very early in flower..

NH top could have gone waaaay longer this is around 4 months like the next pic

Immature bud NH closer

NHxG13

JLP's A99 (Cinderella female and soma's Amnesia Haze male) the nicest new haze hybrid we have atm...Im very pleased..

We like hazes of many kinds lol..

lmao what a showoff lol !!! what a show off!!! :yoinks: but i like it !! lol

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ngakpa said:
Doc Leaf - what was that you were saying about Neville's Haze - what is it that you have heard is in it?

Haze = Thai x Colombian x Mexican x Vietnamese?

Neville's Haze = Thai x Colombian with a 1/4 NL#5

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12330

Northern Lights = Thai x Afghani
...thus 'Neville's Plant' contains 'Afghan' genetics, and absolutely no 'Haze'.

is this correct? if so why did he call it Haze? :chin:

marketing perhaps? or just a hustlers ambition?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vu61VlsD1g

peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
That's the first time I've heard of Vietnamese as a component of Haze - I thought the fourth variety was Indian? Whatever - it's an endlessly fascinating history - I liked the idea of attempting a 'new' Haze...:)

ngakpa

Veteran
according to the account on seedsman, which I assume comes via Sam S, Hazes came about in Southern California in the 60s and 70s by crossing whatever the nicest imported sativas were - using a male from the nicest of the year to make the cross ... I wasn't aware it was any more precise than that

but yeh, I have also heard it said there is indica in Neville's

and yeh - my New Hazes, bred out on my private island in the Gulf of Thailand:

Black Haze: Zombe Black x Congo Black x Columbian Black

Golden Haze: Malawi Gold x Highland Thai x Indian Charas Sativa

pm me for seeds

pfffffffff ... you wish ... hehe

Namkha

Last edited:
G

ngakpa said:
my New Hazes, bred out on my private island in the Gulf of Thailand:

Black Haze: Zombe Black x Congo Black x Columbian Black

Golden Haze: Malawi Gold x Highland Thai x Indian Charas Sativa

pm me for seeds

pfffffffff ... you wish ... hehe

Namkha

Aaawwwwww, thats just not right, throw that gear in my face, then send me down the road :moon:

CBF

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JDOG6000 said:
I thought Neville's Haze was the closest one to the Original Haze?
So did everyone else :chin:

ngakpa & Elevator Man :wave:

the Thai was likely mistaken for a good Vietnamese,,, and IMO there's a Jamaican (of Indian/Gambian origin) in mix :wink:

thus: Haze = Vietnamese x Colombian x Mexican x Jamaican

peace
dLeaf :joint:

n.b. I n I only point out the dots,,, it's up to others to draw the lines :wink:

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
JDOG6000 said:
I thought Neville's Haze was the closest one to the Original Haze?
Isnt it supposed to be hazexNL? I thought that Original Haze would be closest to, well, Original Haze, and isnt it a thai x colombian x mexican or something like that?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Farmer John: ^^^ + little Indian & Jamaican I suppose... If I got correct info Haze was crossed with "new strain" every year.

Must agree with Nept that HHF or Tom Hill or Seedsman would got the most authentic Haze in the market nowdays!!!

Keep It Green & Growin But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I'd say that OHxSk#1 has a lot of what I think good haze has, being that its the original stock Sam made the cross with...nice info anyway..:yes:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

I havent smoked not selected Haze, I have smoked only haze crosses and couple Hollands "Original Haze´s" which have goed thru a lot of selection. I must agree with you Farmer that Original Haze x Skunk1 from SamTheStinkyMan is really near for an pure Haze, maybe the most authentic Haze cross available (besides of HHF´s & Tom Hill´s & Seedmans crosses), at least the clone of mine which is fully matured at 140 days!!! I have also found similarities like: taste, odor of Sam´s Original Haze x Skunk1 when compared to FlyingDutchmens Original Haze which I have smoked, so I think I can say I got somekind of idea what is Haze smell / taste!

Let´s take a look of that 140 day Original Haze x Skunk1, ok?

Original Haze x Skunk1 at about middle of flowering:

And after 118 days of flowering:

Now I must taste this beautiful girl after about 5 months cure, see ya :D

Keep It Green & Growin But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

Last edited:
G

wowza thats a nice pic, i was allways under the impresion that nevils haze was the old haze crossed northern lights#1, not a northern lights#5 crossed haze then back to haze. in the late 80s and early 90s the words 'nevils haze' was just a way to differentiate his haze with the other hazes around at the time. when we tried the haze/northern lights they went 14+ weeks in flower even crossed back to a northern lights didnt drop the flower times to a reasonable level. this is my oppinion only and could be completely wrong..J.

Latest posts

Latest posts