What's new

The Best Haze

ngakpa

Veteran
I think somewhere in SamS's pics there is a scan of an article from a '60s/'70s Southern Californian newspaper in which there is an interview with the Haze Brothers on the evolution of Hazes. The impression I was left with (I read it while baked a few nights ago) was that Hazes have genes that reflect whatever the good sativa grass coming into Californai over all those years was - and on that basis I am not persuaded it is possible to establish the range of different sativas that went in the mix... ont least given the diversity of cultivars in the various countries of origin, but especially not retrospectively

G

for years now there never was any debate on how haze was created, and what her componant strains were. hell noone even offered the line, as its not what most indoor growers want in there OP.

the plants used in the work were always said to be, Thai X oaxacan(mex), and each year another sativa was introduced, columbian, and indian as they went along. that was it, those 4 sativas. the Bros never did any selection, they didnt use clones, they were just a couple of growers that enjoyed sativas, they werent established breeders in any since of the word.

haze of the 70s was a unstable polyhybrid. still today, the few haze offerins have plenty of variety.

so now of late theres plenty of peeps that now speculate on just what was haze and whats in it. if you were not there, involved in the creation of haze, you have absolutely no feckin clue. Sam is the only one i know that WAS there, and he aint talkin.

i have read and heard that haze the name was around before the Hazebros, its said that the weed commin in from asia back then was called haze as well, due to smokers sayin they were"Hazed" from the smoke. could be alot of sativas/sativa crosses in cali back then were called haze, and the bros took it and ran.

the Haze lines today, originate with the Bros/Sam. Sam is responsible for introducin Haze to europe.

why peeps have a problem with the info thats been out there since the inception of Haze is beyond me, and really how many of us have smoked the real deal back in the 70s...anyone? i dont think theres to many that have that experience, and can bounce whats bein offered today, against what they had then. stoners memory aint worth a rip anyway.

one other point, there are many peeps that cross sativas together and slap a haze title in there without a drop of OHaze in the cross. some dont even have 4 componant lines in um, and dont even have the lines that were used in Haze. imo thats nothin more then ridin the good Haze name, and is utter bullshit.

CBF

ngakpa

Veteran
fair play

the scan of the article is not in Sam's pics - but it is in someone's photos, I forget whose (see above point on stoners' memories)

the main drift of the article agrees entirely with Cedarberry's points above -

i.e. that the Haze brothers had no real pretensions as breeders - I recall they make the point, for instance, that they did not deliberately select for colours etc. and point out that the many results they got were basically the result of chance

and yeh, even if we did know the countries of origin for the original landraces used in the crosses, that still leaves the issue of which of the n different cultivars from which of the n regions were being used - and this in turn is, as said above, even less relevant, when you bear in mind the implications of polyhybridity etc. etc.

yeh, I am also starting to feel (well, always have felt) that there has been a deal of mythologisation about Hazes -

likewise, given the choice between Hazes and a well cured traditional equatorial sativa, I would go with the latter anyday, especially if it has been prepared traditionally etc.

Last edited:
G

i agree with you cedarberry, everyone and their aunt knows the stories regarding the bros and the speculation regarding hazes breeding. we all know that when the dutch got the haze they made breeding after breeding with her until we reach the state she is now 10 or 11 times inbred. the point i think is to try and find the pre dutch haze genes that should still have all the vigour of the hazes grown out in cali. :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cedarberry said:
one other point, there are many peeps that cross sativas together and slap a haze title in there without a drop of OHaze in the cross. some dont even have 4 componant lines in um, and dont even have the lines that were used in Haze. imo thats nothin more then ridin the good Haze name, and is utter bullshit.

CBF

Nice post. We agree :yes:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Nice herbalistic, I've passed on a few of my OHxSk#1 clones, theres some in Turku and Tampere and Helsinki if you ever run into it it is quite noticeable smell and so, fucking thing reeks.

G

Farmer John said:
Smells like a carcass, kicks like a mule and tastes great.
E: I owe you bro for that OHxSk#1 cut <3

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
"Cannalope Haze
This perfect strain is the work of selection and a little luck. We found an 8 week wonder that lives up to all the controversy. Amazing you may ask an 8 week sativa, but we say grow these out and find out for yourself the magic in this strain. The bubble hash from the Cannalope is above average and the yield is good. The Cannalope can be mastered by experts and is a good teacher for beginners. The taste is like melon with a hint of Haze. A cut through high.

Type: 100% Sativa
Specifics: Haze Brothers x Mexican Sativa
Indoor Flowering time: 9 weeks
Indoor Yield: 350/450 "

There you go, should be the greatest haze ever.

ganjalf

The Cannalope Haze is renowned for its very melon and sweet smelling buds. This translates into a very nice taste and smoothness on both the inhale and exhale. The high is heady hitting in the temples and eyes. A medium yielding and easy to grow plant that is a fast finisher. Mild Haze qualities with an expansive smoke and good resin production. This cross was made with seeds aquired by D & A seperatly from trusted friends… We believe the legends, and have only the information given to us to pass on to you. Validateing this strain even more by takeing 2nd&3rd at the IC 420BreedersCup’s 2004+2005

Enjoy the variety.

Product Information
Name: DNA - Cannalope
Genetics: 90% Sativa 10% Indica
Specifics: HazeBro.BagSeed X Mexican Bag Seed
Flowering Time: Indoor: 8 weeks

It's no longer a pure sat:D

G

hehe, 8wks for a OHaze cross, come on now, for me theres nothin that finishes in 8wks, let alone somethin with haze in it.

ive taken the TW at 8 wks, but it can even go longer. i know some like there buds on the early side, just aint stoney enough for me.

anyway, if it says haze, 12 weeks is the earliest i could see one bein done. more along the lines of 14/16 weeks if were bein real

CBF

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Originally posted by Jingles:
the point i think is to try and find the pre dutch haze genes that should still have all the vigour of the hazes grown out in cali.

^^^Im agree with you 100 % Jingles. These lines will definitely offer pretty interesting plants with a lot of variation!

Cedarberry also say the thruth, I think the only one´s that can tell you the heritage of Haze, are those who bred it. + If you wanna know the exact heritage you must know which years line it is... There is too much speculation and BS surrounding Haze, it is sad that people release all kinds of false information as an absolute truth.

Farmer John: The guy who gifted me this cut was a real sativa lover. He had couple different phenos of it and he had started them from seed. Unfortunaly, my buddy is not in a books of living one´s anymore... I received some other sativas from him as well and I allways take a puff for him when im smoking some of those strains that he gifted me.
EDIT: By the way Farmer John, my O.Haze x Skunk1 smells little like catpiss. However, this catpiss smell isnt so strong anymore after good cure...

Keep It Green & Growin But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

Last edited:

razer

Why dnt ppl just try to make there own haze who knows maybe they mite find a special cross/lady jmo

Peace out pepps :joint:

G

here is a haze that i took at the end of 11 weeks due to slight hermie ... it is just about the STRONGEST potency ganja that i have had in decades ... this herb REEKS & when it is smoked the smell in the air is unbeliveable ... people say WTF is that? i am keeping this cut

€peace€axiom€nexus€

ngakpa

Veteran
razer said:
Why dnt ppl just try to make there own haze who knows maybe they mite find a special cross/lady jmo

Peace out pepps :joint:

agreed - my comments above about crosses like:

Black Congolese x Zombe Black x Columbian Black

for breeding a "Black Haze" were only mildly ironic, more like wishful thinking

you could start a breeding project for a Red Haze with something like

Panama Red x Columbian Red x Swazi Red (the Afropips one? at 100 days+)

then there could be Lemon Hazes, Green Hazes etc. etc. etc. all by hybridising landrace sativas with those shared characteristics, and preferably, rather than looking to breed a crystally freak, following the inner logic of the already existing resin profiles

so perhaps for the beginnings of a Lemon Haze:

Manga Rosa x BSC secret strain (?) x Edo Nigerian

i.e. BSC Brasilian Lemon x a very lemony long-flowering Nigerian sativa

etc.

ngakpa

Veteran
really excited to see how these two Senegal Haze ladies turn out

no idea which was mother, which father, but it is a (Super Silver Haze x Neville's Haze) x Cassamance Senegalese

only just entering flowering and they have an extraordinarily pungent smell

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Here is one potent Haze more to the soup, Neville´s Haze:

She´s an garlic smelling & tasting individual that produces trippyhigh! After couple hit´s from the joint you are going to feel this little pressure at your temples and start to feel the effects, but after 10 to 15 minutes you really feel the effects, when they rush over you, after that it just that trippyrush for the next 1.5 hour:)

ngakpa: You have very interesting cross [(Super Silver Haze x Neville's Haze) x Cassamance Senegalese]to work with. I am waiting the pics, are you going to keep grow diary of the grow?

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

ngakpa

Veteran
heya Herbalistic, yeh it looks like a promising combination I agree, and so far things are looking good

the Senegal Haze is showing plenty hybrid vigour, not too stretchy, and should I hope stop around 1 metre started straight onto 12/12 from seeds

sorry no pics, but I will write up a smoke report if I like it

it's fecking lazy for sure but here's on a percy permanent 12/12 set up using mostly equatorial sativas and equatorial sat/indica hybrids from seed straight into big pots - that much easier and cheaper, still with very acceptable yield and quality, rolling harvest style, skipping out longer veg light hours

hopefully the Senegal Haze will be alright with this, and depending on how the aromas and highs turn out if it is I will probably cross it with one or other IBL indicas, find another plant which performs well straight into 12/12 out of the offspring etc.

anyone else gone this way - over to the lazy side I mean? it has its advantages for sure

Last edited: