What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpp Extractors Saying Hello!

thepanda

Called in October or so to see about ordering some sight glasses in the lid for my other machine. Has not been a necessity but would still like to order a pair someday. Would love a price quote thanks Austin

They do have a website which you can order from..... :dance013:

ple1ades

Hi Terpp I am wondering what kind of wrench is needed to take apart the the sight glasses on my MK4c. I want to put PTFE gaskets on the inside of the sight glasses on the collection pot and the inline sight glass. Or is that not needed for running cryo temps with the dryice sleeved column?

Terpp

Hi Terpp I am wondering what kind of wrench is needed to take apart the the sight glasses on my MK4c. I want to put PTFE gaskets on the inside of the sight glasses on the collection pot and the inline sight glass. Or is that not needed for running cryo temps with the dryice sleeved column?

Avenger is correct. A spanner wrench is what you need to tighten/loosen the sight glass.

pharmco

Avenger is correct. A spanner wrench is what you need to tighten/loosen the sight glass.
Can you tell me what the inline sight glasses are composed of? I recall reading they had viton on the inside, and PTFE holding the glass on the outside.

What sort of temperatures can they handle?

I really like the one I have, but I'm curious how far I can push its limits.

Appreciate your answer, Austin.

Terpp

Can you tell me what the inline sight glasses are composed of? I recall reading they had viton on the inside, and PTFE holding the glass on the outside.

What sort of temperatures can they handle?

I really like the one I have, but I'm curious how far I can push its limits.

Appreciate your answer, Austin.

Apparently I'm not getting notification emails anymore. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

The inside gasket against the glass is indeed Viton, so currently the glass is technically only rated for -40F - +120F.

fcjohnny

I have the old style sight glass that I got with my DIY kit when y'all first offered it. Is it possible to swap it for the current one?

Lefthand

you can run a mk3 passively with a lp tank.
Where's the confusion? Lots of videos on youtube of people running passive systems.

Sorry really just looking to take my next step in my love for Extraction and honestly am even having some trouble figuring out the right questions to ask. Couldn't be in a better place though. What's the current wait time on the MKIII's ?

I just got my Terpp Extractors mkIVc with dewaxing column yesterday will be running side by side with my Tamisium te12000 to finally isolate some valuables. I hope to answer some questions that have come up while running a passive CLS. I want to run subzero gas in hopes that I will find lighter colored extracts.
does anyone know why Tamesium are so much more expensive than the Terpp ones?

They are CNC turned from a solid billet here in the US and priced accordingly.

ahh, so 1 piece would maybe be better quality than some of the other brands which I believe are "welded". However as long as the point of failure isn't the weld, then it shouldn't make a differene. Would you say this is accurate?

Thanks for your response!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahh, so 1 piece would maybe be better quality than some of the other brands which I believe are "welded". However as long as the point of failure isn't the weld, then it shouldn't make a differene. Would you say this is accurate?

Thanks for your response!

I would say that they both exceed the strength requirements for the process.

This company is really starting to piss me off I contacted them like a month ago to try to order the sight glasses attached to the top caps of their MKIV, she was confused didn't know what the hell I wanted and how to get me the price for like the longest time... next thing you know the guy that did the pricing was at the HCC and cant email me back with the price and me while I'm telling them Im about to be screwed because it says you have to preorder the union site glass which I also needed which is why I wanted them to just make custom invoice real quick. weeks later after contacting with little to no response.. she even said. I'll help you when I can and never emailed back, Then I finally get back in contact with them after the cannabis cup and she emails me an invoice which I pay for and then I went and had to pay for the union sight glass on the website anyway because she forgot to put it on the invoice... I then waited about two weeks with no response after payment to find out that they're reworking the design of the site glasses and that the new one is on the website but I see nothing of that? Has anyone else heard about them changing their site glasses again?

Dablord

This company is really starting to piss me off I contacted them like a month ago to try to order the sight glasses attached to the top caps of their MKIV, she was confused didn't know what the hell I wanted and how to get me the price for like the longest time... next thing you know the guy that did the pricing was at the HCC and cant email me back with the price and me while I'm telling them Im about to be screwed because it says you have to preorder the union site glass which I also needed which is why I wanted them to just make custom invoice real quick. weeks later after contacting with little to no response.. she even said. I'll help you when I can and never emailed back, Then I finally get back in contact with them after the cannabis cup and she emails me an invoice which I pay for and then I went and had to pay for the union sight glass on the website anyway because she forgot to put it on the invoice... I then waited about two weeks with no response after payment to find out that they're reworking the design of the site glasses and that the new one is on the website but I see nothing of that? Has anyone else heard about them changing their site glasses again?
http://terppextractors.com/products/inline-union-sight-glass

Dablord

what was the point of this link?? already ordered from them like a month ago... that would be the sight glass Im referring to.. they just said they changed it in an email but wont tell me what it is until march. Im pretty sure there just BSing me and messed up my pre order

Ive had similar complaints. Call and tell them you want to talk to jesse. He is the only person there who has ever helped me out. They tried to charge me for a $10 clamp they forgot to give me after i spent 7k. Customer service could be worked on.