What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpp Extractors Saying Hello!

Nssknight

They say they got it ( the supplier ) when I order it and pick it up try it to the hose it is to small!!!! When I get the same fitting in brass it work perfect!!! This is the only fitting I still have in brass on my mk3! Thanks for chiming in and not being an ASS like some people around here! YOU MUST BE A CANDIAN ...... Cheers bro !!!!

Urbngroz

How long does recovery take on a mk IV for one cycle? Currently its taking me 1.5 hours for one flush recovery cycle. Close to 5 hours for a triple rinse and recovery

ive seen some negative posts about eco greens ntane are you still supporting this company and if so have the issues been resolved as to mystery oil, i assume there will always be some but a 99.9% pure product should be pretty pure id assume should it all be distilled ?ohh and when running the 70/30 mix gas,how is that recovering does the tane pump off 1st then the propane into the same recycling tank?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3/8 jic will fit 1/4" jic in stainless steel ??????

1/4" SAE and 1/4 JIC have the same thread but different seat angles, 45 degree and 37 degree respectively.

3/8" SAE and 3/8" JIC have different threads and seat angles, and 1/2" SAE and 1/2" JIC have the same threads, but different seat angles.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How long does recovery take on a mk IV for one cycle? Currently its taking me 1.5 hours for one flush recovery cycle. Close to 5 hours for a triple rinse and recovery

Less than half that. What pump and how is it plumbed? Procedure?

Urbngroz

Less than half that. What pump and how is it plumbed? Procedure?

Its a TR-21 with a 3/8 line going in and a 1/4 line to mt 69 than another 1/4 line to recovery tank. I found out that the water bath was hot at the top and very cold at the bottom, Ive added a cheap pump to circulate the water now it takes about an hour for each 11b flood/recovery cycle.

Its a TR-21 with a 3/8 line going in and a 1/4 line to mt 69 than another 1/4 line to recovery tank. I found out that the water bath was hot at the top and very cold at the bottom, Ive added a cheap pump to circulate the water now it takes about an hour for each 11b flood/recovery cycle.

Your 1/4" lines and MT69 are slowing things down. An upgrade to larger 3/8 or 1/2" lines and an IC69 heat exchanger should give you some improved times. :tiphat:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job with the circulation pump!

What MMB said. A larger line and IC69 will help speed things up as well.

Urbngroz

Im working on the IC 69 right now just waiting on compression fittings to ship. Can anyone post up a link for the larger hoses? Do they come with 1/4 flare or do I need reducers? Thanks for the help peeps.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im working on the IC 69 right now just waiting on compression fittings to ship. Can anyone post up a link for the larger hoses? Do they come with 1/4 flare or do I need reducers? Thanks for the help peeps.

If we are using a pump with 1/4" SAE connections, we use a 1/4" X 1/2" SAE flare adapter at the pump, and use dual seated 1/2" JIC hoses, with a copper flare washer.

panick503

Sorry for the newbie question, bit I'm finally going to make the jump and purchase a closed loop system... about how much money do u think I will have to invest initially? I'm going to go with the terpinator mk iv, about how much money am I going to have to sink in to get up and running? I was thinking about 15 grand for the system, pumps, oven, solvents, etc... is that wishful thinking? Also, I'm in portland , and I think I've seen u (grey wolf) post about a company offering classes/support . Is that the case? Thanks

gholladay

Sorry for the newbie question, bit I'm finally going to make the jump and purchase a closed loop system... about how much money do u think I will have to invest initially? I'm going to go with the terpinator mk iv, about how much money am I going to have to sink in to get up and running? I was thinking about 15 grand for the system, pumps, oven, solvents, etc... is that wishful thinking? Also, I'm in portland , and I think I've seen u (grey wolf) post about a company offering classes/support . Is that the case? Thanks
$15k is probably pretty close for outfitting an MKiv. Depends on how nice your toys are. We got our Mkiii running with add ons for 5k, but that was without vacuum ovens. You can spend from 6k-10k on a vacuum oven depending on the quality. So I'd say 15k is a decent estimate. What type of pump are you planning to use?

GH

panick503

$15k is probably pretty close for outfitting an MKiv. Depends on how nice your toys are. We got our Mkiii running with add ons for 5k, but that was without vacuum ovens. You can spend from 6k-10k on a vacuum oven depending on the quality. So I'd say 15k is a decent estimate. What type of pump are you planning to use?

GH

I really don't know. I'm interested in a haskel of course, but that would put me well over 15k with the oven and and all. Are the cemp oil less pumps performing well? Do people even use/admit to using an appion anymore? I would definitely rather buy the one, as opposed to slowly upgrading as I break them...

ive been using my G5 for over a year with no slowdown in recovery times frequent filter drier changes n ready to upgrade to bigger hoses though ,this is on a mk3 im bottom flood what do i need to do to convert to a biflow system do you have a parts list and diagram GW? it would be appreciated i think id like to top flush when i start to do live resin runs

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive been using my G5 for over a year with no slowdown in recovery times frequent filter drier changes n ready to upgrade to bigger hoses though ,this is on a mk3 im bottom flood what do i need to do to convert to a biflow system do you have a parts list and diagram GW? it would be appreciated i think id like to top flush when i start to do live resin runs

Mk IV biflow diagram attached:

The IC Mag manage attachment button appears to be dead, so you will have to wait for the diagram.

I would upgrade to 3/8" valves and tubing. You can bush up from 1/4" at the Terpenator and run 3/8" lines on everything. You can get the bushings and ball valves at Paramount.

You can get new 3/8" compression fittings there as well, or from Swageloc.

Optionally you can switch to 3/8" stainless overbraided PTFE hoses, with stainless JIC fittings, which we get from Associated Hose, Motion and Flow, or Unisource.

Attachments

• Mk IV PID 001.jpg
    Mk IV PID 001.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

goolash

I called terp extractors twice now to asking questions. They are are super helpful and knowledgeable. Props to them. Can't wait to order in the next week or so :))))