What's new

Status of the Michigan Market

growingcrazy

Is this 100% organic at the pricing you refer to?

I don't even remember the last strain I ran that was less than 77 days...lol

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Is this 100% organic at the pricing you refer to?

I don't even remember the last strain I ran that was less than 77 days...lol

You are a rarity. GC. Good on ya. Almost no one runs long strains anymore. A real SD needs 75, but ask anyone, and they pull at 65. An OGK, at least 65, more like 67 - but it gets harvested at 58. It really affects the quality of the meds, the effects it brings, the concentrates & everything - makes a WORLD of difference. As Soma says. haha. He kinda has it dialed.

Everything happens in the last week, and 90% of growers pull at least 8 days early.

TBH, people around here care not at all for organic. LOUD smell is what rocks em.

But, I did a run organic soil head-to-head, two runs ago. It was not really any better. But maybe better for me. I still have the Age Old Nutes, and I'd do it again. Maybe for the next run of NL5 Haze.. Thanks for the idea..!

I am just starting the final 1-1.5 feed weeks of 4 NL Hazes. At 66.

But for the 15 Triple Ds, begins the flush of a room (in coco, so 4 days) of Triple Diesel tomorrow, day 66 of 12/12. 3D

Orig Chemdog cut, Mendo Grown

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Grand Traverse Bay Growers Union

GC, just a friendly suggestion, next time you’re chatting with your lawyer, ask which sounds better to his ears:

Grand Traverse Bay Growers‘ Union, LLC

or

Grand Traverse Bay Caregivers‘ Collective, LLC

Either way, I hope that if you’re seriously considering this, that you plan of going forward under the umbrella of an LLC. (I'm under the impression that you want to be 100% legit).

Best of luck folks!

Oh, and, ideally any proposal to change the State's Constitution would not include the addition of language; but rather the removal of existing language as it pertains to cannabis.

Additions leave open potential misinterpretations when the public reads the proposal. The spirit and intent of Abrogate Prohibition Michigan is on the right path, but I didn't make it past 1(a) before I was shaking my head.

(a) Cannabis use by any person who is; the ward of an adult, enrolled in K*12 school, a minor, shall be lawful activity requiring only parental or legal guardian authorization.

I understand the intent of stating this, i.e., Charlotte and children like her... but there are still lots of folks out there who are still, partially if not fully, under the grips of Reefer Madness... I can see women across the state clutching their pearls while muttering, "think of the CHILDREN!"

Which I know is exactly what they're doing with the language, but I fear it won't be interpreted that way. If the intent is to make it no different in the eyes of the law than a tomato plant, then you need not overtly express such rights.

nameko

I'm not positive on being a citizen but u must have a Michigan address.

is it unheard of for a canadian to legally work a season in? know someone that qualifies for patient status as a MI resident/US citizen but they live overseas although they do make trips back to MI during the holidays.

they went through breast cancer treatment and during the recovery phase i provided turkey tail mushrooms because there were no laws protecting medical users in the jurisdiction.

nameko

You are a farmer, not a business man. This is what we humans need more of. Also, pasture pork and transmission repair are both things I do well. If ever in need...

Stasis, we are going to win this. It is the great people of Michigan that are the difference in the equation than in any other state. I truly believe our state will turn on the corporate growers and continue to support the little guy.

think the economics are in favor here, at least from what this newbie has synthesized from here and elsewhere

if legalization has made the case for cannabis as an inelastic commodity then

even if legal, commercialized, big business cannabis front runs price discovery, the market benefits because those unaffiliated operators can cash in on increased prices set by a higher market rate, leading to higher margins by nature of their business model. and on the inverse, lower prices would be of a concern for big business because they tend to scale their leveraging in higher dollar numbers. therefore at those price points their cash flow is restricted because they'd be in direct competition with the unaffiliated operators that can already undercut their market with higher quality product.

stasis

Veteran
Nice budshots Stasis, I too have been to norcal and enjoyed the fine life out there.

I gotta say, if your only getting 1p off a 600w, thats why your freaking out.

If people had higher ceilings and ran bigger footprints, they would be yielding a lot more. Oh yea, VPD has a lot to do with it.

Legalize?! No way!

So we can become like colorado? With all those home busts? Its a nightmare...

The way I see it , we all make our own markets. I know people still getting 38 and some who cant even pull 2. The quality is the same. The poeple they know are not.

HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE.

If your worried your not going to make your mark, stop typing and start growing more. Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, I think.... waxy.

Having opinions is often chastised by less creative people. I am used to that. No biggie. Life is more vivid for us thinking-folk.

Need a vacation or some time up North.. A touch of Burnout...? YES fo sho. It is a very real thing for growers. I Used to travel 2-4x a year. And was a full time surfer. I miss the ocean.. Been a while since I have seen the Pacific, and I never dreamed I could stay away so long. Been working very hard.

All the growers in CA helped vote down legalization a decade ago. How well did that work..? Ya gonna stop that train..? A very old discussion.

Things change, One may find oneself without outlets one day. And I may be in heaven 'cause my market is great...!

Keeping my circles too tight perhaps, I'm not a very trusting soul... Widening it is my new endeavor - and it has already paid off.

As a better grower than a drug dealer - Perhaps, I will hire my own middleman. Or, since it looks like I had to decline the house I THOUGHT I had, due to instinctual beliefs of a meddling Landlord, it is down to one last house I will see tomorrow.

I don't know if I have it in me, but a move back to NorCal is possible. An old friend who IS a very good middleman is offering me a room in his house and we can grow in the greenie there. Have spent a lot of time in that house.. Surfing and Sunsets on the Ocean a mile away is worthy.

Using a combo of 1K lites and 600w for a reason. Some places can only support so many AMPS. I do not have a warehouse. Keeping it simple and working at home is my drill. No other work in the area. When I was growing AND also running a Hydro shop, I was dead tired, but flush with cash.

Heard 'nuff fishing tales about fictional yields.. 3 p's in a 4x8 tent (x2) of that quality is awesome..

And I have already bounced back. Thanks everyone.

Let the thread continue about MICHIGAN and not ME, please.

stasis

Veteran
Carry on. Thanks for your contributions. Taking a break. Had a hard week, but it's all good now.
New OTIBG (Mosca) and NL5 x Haze (Mr. Nice) from original seedpacks pheno hunting are blowing my mind. One for quality, and weak-knee causing aroma omfg. Not for yield, as is normal for some of DJ's better phenos (OTIBG - DJ's OTM x Indiana Bubble Gum - harvested and hanging = PROPS ON THIS ONE MOSCA - I can smell both blueberry and bubblegum distinctly - it lingers like nothing else.....>!!!!! ) and one for quantity, yield, being a real Haze C phenotype, and SMELL (at day 68 - about 10 days to go) > sexeeeeeee.

Snipping sounds fill the air. A couple upper-arm thick + Triple Diesel head nugs and all from 8 big plants. Dried and lazy-trim (Big Leafing first, hanging, and trimming when stems snap - or later, when I get to em...)... I have to remember to eat with these flavors around. haha.

Love the organization idea.
One friend told Me, it's a battle against merciless low-ballers and some dispo owners - I agree. (of which the numbers of locations decrease every day lately - LEO on the move).

Peace.

No more wallowing. I've been schooled by a friend.

Hustle harder, or else. It's a war. Against those making our lives harder.

Middlemen, Low-balling dispensaries, and LEO.

OK. Got the point..

THIS IS THE TRUTH!

Now Everyone else need to get that point......

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know your thinkin' Vote NO on legalizing cannabis WTF???
BUT
Read carefully and you may see things just a little differently!

If cannabis is legal you will not be able to provide yourself with medicine.
Source https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287317

Legalization where people still cant grow on their own & can still go to jail. that means fake/pseudo 'legaliztion'.
Good reasons below to get you to think about voting NO before it is too late!
These are all informative links below

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=291498
Why was cannabis made illegal?...

Building the Walmart of Weed. featuring GrowOp Tech...... out of Biz or under a new name..LOL

The same people that sent you to prison for pot, will now sell pot to you!....https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=291573

You will be force to pay top dollar for whatever the state approved grower wants to grow and all the competition is gone so he will not have to provide a quality product if he so chooses.

It has already started!!

Seed Vault Takeover....https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=289756

In Washington, Nevada,Massachusetts, and Colorado and many others!

Illinois is horrible!
I want a state that only I can supply cannabis there too!

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ca...getinfo&e=1158

Stay aware!!
Or suffer the consequence.
shag

Yeah WA state legalized cannabis. All it did was give a green light to the state to make new laws driving the medical grower out of business. From 15 plants down to 3 plants I think, being enforced starting this July. And all medical dispensaries have to close. The market is flooded here no one cares about quality, well they do but it is always price first. I moved to the country and lost contact with many friends.

Good luck to you Michigan guys...

shaggyballs

Veteran
I am seeing 100-150 oz's and it is pretty good.
Still a bunch of paclo bud around but you can see that dark shit a mile away.
What is the market in your neck of the woods?

pinkus

Veteran
Just putting a foot in...

Just putting a foot in...

Hey y'all. I am currently in Texas but am from Central Wisconsin. I have relatives and friends just south of the UP. I have been waiting for 30 years down here (ATX) for things to change, and while Willie is starting to market some CBD, my type of weed is still all under the table.

My last visit a few relatives started asking "why don't you move to the UP?" And I started to think "why the hell not?"

I am mostly a sativa guy, I know we are generally rarer than the fast Indica crowd. Anyway, how are things shaping up?

:bandit:

Leaflet

The state will begin taking applications this Friday. You will see them popping up all over the place after the new year begins.

FrostAie

We were under a sort of drought from mid july till now that outdoor/GH have hit the market. Those that grow quality organic have no worries its like craft beer you cant kill em all

palmeezy

seeing large amounts of cali/WC outdoor being sold for 150oz, 500 qp, 1600lb.

also carts and extracts are reducing the overall demand for flower. no arguing this in my eyes.

some of the bigger indoor guys i know used to get 17-2k per for their whole crops poorly trimmed and not really cured. fast forward almost a decade and their wholesale buyers have disappeared, and they are happy to get 18 on a highly manicured single.

legalization also led to more outdoor activity this year. season/weather was good in the northern part. 1k-1200/lb. sometimes ozs for under 100. and from my anecdotal perspective, this stuff is moving pretty heavily despite being clearly third tier behind good indoor and the out of state outdoor. this, combined with how little some lower budget smokers have to spend due to cheap (but likely dirty) carts paints a disturbing picture.

the states and gov and big money will all work their angles to try to get their part. the funny thing is they know people will pay $60 per 8th so that's where they want the price to be. except instead of drug manufacturers, traffickers and dealers making the money, they want to pocket all of that for themselves

'Boogieman'

I live on the Indiana/Michigan border by lake Michigan. I'm hoping soon I can drive into Michigan and buy some legit clones then take my chances coming back.

dire_wolf

I live on the Indiana/Michigan border by lake Michigan. I'm hoping soon I can drive into Michigan and buy some legit clones then take my chances coming back.

Where you at around there? I live in Berrien County in MI by state line and I'm originally from Valparaiso, IN. Not a lot of us around these parts.