What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Status of the Michigan Market

The first part I absolutely agree with. The future will require that all products that come to market be regulated, tracked, taxed, etc...

It's the second part that I'm concerned about. If you're not vending your product or only vending a very small amount, then you should be able to grow as much as you like. It's these 4-12 plant limits that rub me the wrong way. I understand that if there's not limits then people can be diverting product to the black market, but is that a strong enough reason to keep you from growing 200 seeds in your back yard or basement? If I want to have a 20 lighter or greenhouse, that should be my choice.

It's much easier for the government to say you can only grow "x" number of plants, than to try to catch people diverting product to the black market. So that's what I think they'll do. It may take years to fight in the courts for the right to grow as much as you please as long as you're not vending it without the proper licenses etc...

I am sure Monsanto has established a position and stake in the MMJ seeds business. Government will allow legal MMJ, but like alcohol and tobacco, personal/home grown will be allowed, except seeds will not be readily available any longer. and will need to be purchased from a Monsanto outlet nation-wide. peace.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Not thinking on voting NO on MI Legalize, by any means..! Wrong assumption.

Hey stasis, just curious about your thoughts as to how MI Legalize would be in our best interest. (?)

As best I can tell there's little, if any, difference from being a registered qualifying patient. In either case an individual is not allowed to 'sell or transfer' product. Should MI Legalize pass, it will be independent of the MMMA. But the two will share the following language:

—The MMMA does not offer immunity to a registered qualifying patient who sells or transfers marijuana to another registered qualifying patient; and,

From: http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-46849-294663--,00.html

And from the MI Legalize proposal:

(b) Cultivating, growing, harvesting, possessing, propagating, processing, or transporting 12 or fewer marihuana plants, each of which is at least 12 inches high or 12 inches in diameter, and possessing the marihuana derived from those plants. The plants must be grown in a manner so as to reasonably prevent unauthorized access to or harvesting of the plants, and the marihuana produced from the plants must not be made available for sale.

Should it make it on the ballot and pass... are you thinking storeowner, or commercial scale grower for legal storefronts?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Things are gonna change one way or another.

I;d rather have Jamie Lowell's prop than any of the others.

But, looks restrictive, I agree.

Black Market - We're being forced there. Nothing new.

growingcrazy

You guys that want to band together have piqued my interest. In CA, I'd never consider that but with My peeps, cool respectful but tough Michiganders I would. We could watch our backs, Amigos. Maybe try to establish a reasonable price point structure for Hi-Q flowers at least in a certain area, say S of TC, and maybe including

Yes.

stasis

Veteran
Here's one. "Grower's Insurance."

A group of growers get together and pay a certain amount monthly (maybe based on potential loss, maybe not) to a non-aligned person in the circle. (Maybe someone's wife that everyone trusts).

In the case of legal issues, or crop failure, the person appeals to the group for possible assisstance. Either financial, or in services.

After examples of the tragedy are shared, A meeting is held whether on skype or in person, in which the amount of aid or not, is determined by the group and then the designated "Treasurer" doles out the help to the grower in need.

Shit happens, people could breathe easier. Everyone benefits.

Help each other in the case one needs to get away for a break. Or some other occurence.

Still in my 50's,
I am and will always be an Idealist hell-bent on finding Nirvana on this earth. haha

stasis

Veteran
Deal fell through. I;ll make the best of this nice house, and not really see any stars for another summer. But, it is ok here.

Will sell clones of NL5 x Haze from Mr Nice beans. *good pheno.

And maybe do some work pt until growing season again (cool temps).

AND move it from outbuilding to 3rd bedroom where the ac will cool it. Get a 2nd LED, maybe, and run at 1/2 to 3/4 what I usually do.

Peace and thanks for the posts..!

stasis

Veteran
Every evening I get google alerts with Michigan and Marijuana Medical.

Every night it is negative articles. Pretty much 90%

We have no system outside A2, Flint area, and a couple small pockets.

The Oakland Press
Lake Orion medical marijuana operation leads to felony charge
The Oakland Press
7, 2012 file photo, a medical marijuana plant grows at the Northwest Patient ... Recent votes by Colorado and Washington to allow adult marijuana ... at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association at michiganmedicalmarijuana.org.
Google Plus Facebook Twitter Flag as irrelevant

Shelby Township Source Newspapers
Marijuana facility moratorium extended in Shelby Township
Shelby Township Source Newspapers
“As of (April 5), the aforementioned bills are still pending in the Michigan Legislature, ... Voters approved the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act on Nov.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
The sad truth as I see it? I believe our community has to power to create a sea change at the 2016 elections. I'm not sure our community has the will to make that change tho........

TheMan13

Veteran
I recall a saying of the groups responsible for DC's recent legalization that I found very intriguing: "legalization without commercialization". Most political and legal groups laughed at and criticized them, but they made it happen with 70% the vote and they're somehow still swimming today with those same sharks and in the federal governments front yard to boot. Maybe there is something there?

KONY

Veteran
It's kind of funny watching people in other States staring regulations right in the face. "Legal" cannabis does not have room for caregivers. They would suck away the money that the dispensaries could make.

If you've ever grown "illegally" then you will be prepared for what's on the horizon. We will all be criminals once again, unless you want to grow for a dispensary.

Welcome to "legal" cannabis. :)

This has me seriously concerned. I currently live in a state with very liberal growing laws. Even without medical papers. However we have a legalization thing on the ballot in November that will probably pass. So are we going to face more severe charges when weed is legal, but only for big business if caught growing without permits, etc?

Anyway, back on topic. It has been a race to the bottom for awhile now. If you can provide a premium product every harvest, you should have no problem getting rid of it for a fair price, as long as you have the connections.

stasis

Veteran
"" It has been a race to the bottom for awhile now. If you can provide a premium product every harvest, you should have no problem getting rid of it for a fair price, as long as you have the connections. ""

Agreed. the last sentence was a mantra in CA until it didn;t work anymore. Connections can change. Even people with highest Q buds were taking whatever they could sell it for. Most people were shipping it in order to retain the same price point.

It is inevitable that almost all states will go through the same growing pains.

Oddly enough, CA;s prices did bottom out and have been steady for 2 or so years. Drought helped that. But we have Schutte, which is as bad as any weather occurence.

We shall overcome. But Big Cannabizness will probably try to eat us up. We will either be employees or Black Marketeers.

Truthful

Look at everything else the Gov has "legalized" here's just two examples.

1)Tobacco, legal but don't get caught growing it!

2)Alcohol, legal but don't get caught making any!

The ATF probably would have never been founded if these things were actual legal and free for all to do. These greedy mother fuckers want all the $$$ this country generates even if it has to make common criminals out of the majority of it's people to do it. We the people!!

stasis

Veteran
Will be going N after all..! Quite excited. Outside TC. Time to "Ramp" it up. (the property is covered by wild leeks ("Ramps."). Surrounded by maples, and other hardwoods.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Will be going N after all..! Quite excited. Outside TC. Time to "Ramp" it up. (the property is covered by wild leeks ("Ramps."). Surrounded by maples, and other hardwoods.

Best of luck stasis! That's a beautiful area!

Will you be growing outdoors?

stasis

Veteran
Hells Yeah. Small greenie with da Kine, small (decoy and nourishment) greenie with food plants, and just a few asst 420 containers here and there. Smallish rental house, nice land, not perfect, but good nuff for now. Thanks....!

We're gonna introduce and share some genetics. Listed on Signature.

Triple D - ogk - GDP

Latest posts

Latest posts