What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like I'm going to state prison!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
fuck man your house and job! thats terrible to hear man, my only advice is to move to a medical state. also thank god there are thousands of actual real violent gangbanging criminals to crowd our jails so that pot growers only have to do half their sentences. cant believe cops actually think they are doing good by spending all that money to go after a plant. fucking ignorance.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I had all kinds of guns,I was kinda a collector.I do hunt,so some were for hunting and others were just for fun.There were rifles,shotguns, and handguns(all legally bought and I had a carry permit),I don't really know if it makes a difference in the kind of guns they found or not.
My lawyer was paid 10,000 dollars.He is supposed to be a real good lawyer.

did they get any weapons charges? im kinda curious because i own several legal guns. Even though i have an AR15 which is considered in the grey area here in CA because the DOJ chooses not to prosecute them. I have the gay ass magazine lock and all that shit. im starting a gun collection myself. what kind of stuff did you have, and did they take the guns from you??? Sounds like straight robbery on the part of the government.

Wolff

Really sorry to hear about this bro. It's sickening to know your going through this over a plant that we all love so much... total bs.

I've done some time myself and I would suggest getting on a work detail as fast as possible. Once you get a job it makes the time go by alot quicker and you have more freedom to move throughout the prison instead of being isolated to a certain area all the time.

Again I'm really sorry and I hope the judge goes easy on you during sentencing I think you have a good chance of getting a reduced sentence with no criminal or violent history.

Goodluck

Muleskinner

Veteran
Wow, very sorry about this my friend! People like you have been risking their asses my whole life to provide cannabis to me, I am a medical patient.

If it was me I'd try to make the best of it. I'd use the 2 years to work out and get in shape, loose any weight you've been needing to. Maybe get some books on accounting & finance or something else useful. Meet some new peeps that will be reliable friends when you get out.

best of luck to you bro, you'll do fine

i would order a stack of books about horticulture. i feel for you though, whatever that means. i have had a few friends get in trouble. ask you lawyer about how full the jails are, my buddy got his 8 or 9th felony conviction for drugs in oregon, got a 2 or 3 year stint, served 2 weeks before they kicked him out because it was too full. another person i know got popped with 2# in nevada, got a year of probation. guns must be a really really bad idea...

Something stinks. He offers up your house. And, 3/4 of 2 1/2 years is 22 1/2 months. Do you have 1 1/2 months credit. I was in a county jail and everyone who went for an attorney visit came back saying "my lawyer said they are giving third time out now" and " if I plead guilty I will be out in one third of my sentence". That was over twenty years ago and those guys are still waiting for their third-time here. Attorneys sometimes do fuzzy math to get you to plead guilty. I had a lawyer try to tell me that I was looking at 23 years for a bunch of charges, but I knew they could only give me base term plus one third of the mid term 3 years 8 months, max after trial. I would say to fight it with a new attorney...but the guns would cut you out of the federal safety valve and you would be screwed then. 85% of 60 months Federal, unless you could show the guns had nothing to do with the plants.

sometjinmg does stink. he sould make sure the lawyer isn't working or has some deal with the state they take the house bam a kickback.. stuff like that been going on in texas and dc.. just a thought.

Do yourself a favor. Get your magazine and newspaper subscriptions lined up. Make a list of paperbacks you've always wanted to read. When you get there make sure the first time someone calls you a Punk or Bitch you have to fight them win lose or draw. Regardless of the outcome the rest of your stay will be cake. You don't get protected in prison, you get RESPECT. I dont know if PA prisons let you have internet access. In California they don't,. So it would be advantageous to find a person who can do your email and other online activities for you. You write them, they type and send, and print out stuff for you! Also gather money for your books. Get a nice lump sum and average it out over your estimated stay with behavior credits ect.,.. you will need money there. Stamps are important. Also don't worry about getting raped thats all bullshit if you stand up for yourself, dont have to be billy badass, just dont show excess weakness, remember a lot of the people in there are true predators. You will need to get used to the idea of hiding stuff in your ass though. I also suggest getting visiting information now and getting the forms squared away now so visits will be streamlined and easy.

Prison fucking sucks, I won't lie. But it can be a good thing in the end if you use that time wisely. Get smart, get strong, hit the law library while you are there. Stay away from the gangs and prison politics, leave that stuff for people doing 10+ stints.

lol who is this guy hioding stuff in your ass,,,, on the next eposde of OZ

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Where I jailed in 1988 it sure seemed there were more guys 'dropping the soap' on purpose than there was interest in taking advantage. "why yes, I must have that man's hairy ass!" --Andrew Dice Clay, well more or less.

I'd tell you about one of my cellmates, Coco, but really its not something that should be recalled voluntarily. That was one sick bitch.

C

corkushy

wow dude that really sucks no one should be in jail for pot. unless your huslting 12 year olds then it really does no harm to anyone. im really sorry this is happening to you, But i wish you luck and hope everything turns for the better.

Stay strong. There are a lot of generous people here. Maybe posting a mailing address, or some way of sending you money or goods would be worth considering.

I'm not familiar with how that works, sorry. But if there is some way we can chip in to make your stay a little easier, please let us know.

When I did my very short stint the toughest part was being surrounding by a few good people but a lot of not-so-good people. It made me sad to see myself as there "equals." Then I remembered that most of the people in human history who have done something worthwhile for humanity at-large has, at one point or another, done prison time. From George Carlin to Ghandi to Martin Luther King.

Remember who you are.
Maybe even try living vicariously for a while; I played all kinds of mental games to get through. Pretending I was someone else, narrating my day-to-day. I know it sounds wacky, and it is, but if it helps, it helps.

Stay strong. Lots of love your way. You are a legitimate soldier in the war on drugs, and you're on my side of the battle. Stay strong, soldier.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
I am so sorry to hear this. It's unbelievable that people - good people - are getting martyred to the sick, hypocritical drug laws. Stay safe. Get out soon.

Ten grand for a lawyer and he isn't pressuring to go to trial and say that they didn't have exigent circumstances to search the house.

Honestly I don't see how any indication that you use cannabis, is enough to rip your life apart or enter a house. The plants were not in the house and they couldn't see your grow from outside....so a good lawyer would put a lot of emphasis on that they should of just gotten the plants from outside.

So what was your final weight of the seizure? For ten grand man, I would want to see that lawyer really push that they didn't have legal rights to seize the rest of the weight. Trust me man, if he actually earns that ten grand it isn't going to be a freaking plea deal!

Lawyers do not try if you do not, that means you damn near have goons waiting outside his work everyday! So basically the cops get a freaking $100,000+ house, a lot of guns, and you just walk yourself right into prison.

Seriousyl man, you fight every comment a cop makes, you turn around what they think they remember.....so it looks like they just came over and walked all over you and it's not even about the cannabis...get people to realize that you were just abused....but yes admit to the two plants outside!

Do probation for that but say that it's BS that they entered your home, and if you let them in that is your fault.....always lock that damn door before you are outside acting really stupid about anything cops ask...tell them to go to the local police station and ask the questions they feel they need to know!

I'd make that prosecutor do their work, that means well...get your lawyer to earn that ten grand...that is not a small fee at all. I have seen lawyers do less than a public pretender, for a few grand...which is bull crap, it's more than them guiding you through procedure, they really don't do a good job at that...they get nervous too!

A lawyer will never know a case as well as you do, it's not even about guilt....it is about how much effort the Government finds you are worth. Prison is not an effort for them, they really want your house at this time SO BRING THAT UP...that is motivation for them to violet procedural laws when 'investigating' the crime scene.......tell your lawyer you will ask the cops questions if he isn't hard, and for ten grand he better be a hard ass but intelligently not like a cop hard ass..which basically people don't respect on a jury unless it's a cop, because a Jury doesn't want locked up either...and people know that in court that anything can get them jail time as well!

Basically say ya they had rights to hte plants but GET THEM TO ADMIT how much they rely on sheriff sales of your house and don't bring up the guns....and get character witnesses....chances are of a jury sits thinking long enough or JUST ONE doesn't want to play ball.....then the entire jury is frustrated and if it works in your favor retired....then they want a retrial and it gets expensive and they look bad every time you just win a portion of an argument.

Remember, they feel the most secure with you afraid and not fighting every single perception...IT'S NOT EVIDENCE IT'S PERCEPTIONS!

I look back at every single case today, I have ever had and KNOW I could of won them to MUCH LESSER CHARGES and or sentences...it's very difficult to realize the reality that court puts you in, verses your free thinking mind...which is much more able to turn the facts around on them!

Remind the Jury that we own the court and the police and we determine their perceptions, that they don't own us...and that they are treating you as an example of how far they can go, to own us and that it is to far....that you did mess up and kept plants outside but that wasn't a right to search your house...as that is not indication that there are crimes inside!

It just worked out that way, which isn't good for you but give a jury something to chew on other than your guilt.....it doesn't have to be about your guilt but what people know is to far...it wasn't that they had a no knock warrant and a clean sweep of your house...you remember every painful moment of them pushing you to let them inside!

Let a jury feel your pain, never ever don't threaten trial...with a jury, remember that judges were last prosecutors so they feel nothing but hate for you and that you are only worth licking the shit off of their shoes!

I had a cop in my house, the DEA liaison for the local force...he found some trim but he didn't search the house...not one drawer, not even the grow room...he didn't even get off the couch. Bring up that it wasn't a clear evidence to enter the house, that it was not evidence to give them full rights to search the property inside and out.

An unlocked door does not mean they can trespass, they can only go after what they see is an ongoing crime. I mean if they are looking at your two plants on the back porch, and hear a scream inside..that is one thing....or if they see an HPS light glaring through a basement window....they really do need to ask you about that or well take a peak at how fast your electric box is turning.........or you just spit out what you are doing inside...but man seriously, they rely on you being a coward and just resting on your guilt.

Don't rest on your guilt, fight why they were called over but don't let that blind you from their perception of being able to search the house...I know it's hard to over power them feeling so screwed and not having anyone say you aren't.

But man the more heat you put on them for a jury, the more likely they are to cut you a deal...they have a lot of cases and well it depends a lot on your past....which doesn't really matter, but it makes them feel good.

Macster2

What a crock of shit,stay strong and keep the faith.All platitudes I know but I mean it. You might still get probation which would be great as you're no threat to anyone.If the worst does happen I've read a few suggestions in this thread that would help you get through.Magazine subscriptions etc..But if you are going in, post your location and I'm sure you'll get lots of mail from this site. All the best brother,hope it works out for the best.
Macster

Ash³

Ok, ok. I'm so so sorry this happened to you. I've been busted before and was fortunate to be incompetent enough to not make it very far into my grow plans.

Have you talked to another lawyer? Listen, dont feel like you need to be loyal to any lawyer. This is your life and this is your money. Talk to another lawyer if you haven't. Especially since at first he mentioned less time than you thought you were going to get. Its just a red flag for me.

I appologize for posting this without reading the thread, I just want to hit the return key before reading the rest of this thread.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow crazy man, best of luck. Like others have said, move to a Med state when you get out. I thought there was a 2 year mandatory minimum for any guns present while commintg a felony.

Ash³

CCGhost- thanks man.
the cops came to the house on an unrelated matter(fabricated,I think).I had two plants sitting on my back deck and the cops saw them,it allwent down hill from there.

Whoa, holy shit, me too. The cops were looking for someone that was the previous tenant (I forget what he was wanted for). It appeared totally legit to me though because it looked like the previous tenants had been run out of the house in a hurry cause that place was a wreck. Plus I never told a single soul and they had visited me prior to me even throwing up any grow lights. So probably legit in my case. Don't you hate that though! Damnit!

In my case the cops had smelled the marijuana because I didn't have my scrubber running yet because it wasn't mounted and i had left the doors to the grow room open to keep the plants cool. So they smelled it, then entered my house and i told them to leave and then they pretty much just told me that I had to either show them where the marijuana was or they were getting a warrant (long story short).

shack

sorry to hear of your sittuation shack you will get through the time they give you .
Taking your house i know how that feels .
They took my house n every thing i had i was charged with a 24 kw grow production of $5,000,000 of weed .
no bail at 50 yrs old
So im hoping your a lot younger and will look back in time and laugh at what happened and be happy in a good sittuation

My regards stand tall
Hey Andyo-thanks bro.sorry to hear you had the same bad luck.
I'm 45,so I ain't much younger than you.I do hope I can look back at this, and laugh about it.
Hey Shack..

Good luck man, keep your head up
Simple Green-thanks for your support, bro.

Sorry bout the lousy luck man. I have been thru the "prison shuffle" and can tell you it aint all that bad, Just find yourself some decent people to hang with ie other growers cause they will be there. And before you know what..you'll be walkin out..who knows you might learn better grow techniques!!
Stand Tall
ob
OldBongWater-thanks for the support and advise.And ,yes indeed I just might learn something.(I always wanted to learn counterfeiting)j/k.
So very sorry to hear this........peace....O
thanks for your support outcast.
Man I hope you pull through this okay.

I have to say that guns and weed don't mix though, for many reasons. You had to know you were taking a terrible risk every day you were doing it. I am not a huge fan of those that mix guns up with the business, but I wish you peace none the less.
Randude-thanks man.
yeah,i knew there was a risk of mixing guns and weed.I like to hunt and shoot target.I'm not a violent person(I know that don't matter to the law),I guess I'll be paying for my mistake.

shack

i to know how you feel to i don't post much here am not to good at it but here gos i got busted in march 30 here in Michigan and had my doctors recommendation and now have my card issued 4/20 we had 21 plants my girl f has her Doc:Rec: also and card now i just got out of court yesterday for the 6th time are case got dismissed in July but the PA appealed it we now are facing 14 years i got busted about 6 years ago so now we are going to tral
Wow Bro,thats a horrible story,I wish you luck.I can't imagine the mental anguish after 6 years of court.
Bro I feel you my family and I where in the same place a couple years ago. Just keep your self bizzy while you are inside and the time will be done before you even know it. keep strong dont let them break. That you you did nothing wrong. You are victim of corrupt system.
Stay up
ElBurro-thanks. I won't break.,sorry to hear you had a similiar experience.I'm hoping I can get myself into shape and catch up on some reading.

K

kannubis

Make the best of the situation, meet as many real criminals as you can, learn the ropes, and come out to be the President of the Untwisted States hopefully. By the time your 15 months are up, it could be a whole new world outside.

Best of luck anyway man.

SteadySmokin

I'm right there with you shack. I got busted on valintines day back in 07'. Its shitty but you'll learn from it. Even now I still gotta deal with havin a record. But things will get better, just dont let things get to you.

And as far as the Gang talk in prisons, there are gangs but thats only for those type of people. Just be urself and dont try to do too much(like being friends w everyone), those are the people that get extorted. Good luck Bro, wish you the best

Latest posts

Latest posts