What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like I'm going to state prison!

shack

I'd like to thank everyone that has replied in this thread so far.
I get all emotional when I read through the responses.It makes me feel good to see so many good folks out there.,who really care,for someone they never met.This aweful time I'm going through has opened my eyes in so many ways.,and i view life a lot differently.
God bless all of you.
OK,well,there might be some light shining through the dark clouds.
At the urging of a local friend, I called another lawyer. A lawyer that as proven his worth by getting my friend off of a manufacture charge due to an illegal search.
This new lawyer is excited about taking my case.He told me flat out,that my first lawyer didn't do a fuckin thing for me.He told me that a first year law student could have gotten me the deal I WAS going to accept.
He has given me a lot of hope,hes working on getting the evidence suppressed due to an illegal search,defective search warrant,constitutional rights violations. He said that the whole investigation "stinks" and is looking to get it thrown out.He says he has 8 to 10 strong issues to work with.
He is confident that he can help me.
When/if this new lawyer gets me off the hook or even gets me a reduced sentence.,I'll be posting his name here(with his permission).
Right now,I would consider some county time,a victory.At least I would have a chance of keeping my job.
I'll be updating here,as the case progresses.

imfrompakiman

hey shack i just read this thread from beginning to end, and it is unfathomable for me to imagine myself in your own shoes.. I Admire your strength and courage to move on and fight this unjust battle against you, as i can see myself just ending my life without any courage to fight and move on.. you are truly a war hero who has taken these unfortunate consequences bc of our country's unjustified laws against a "Plant" that was made by God himself. years from now when our society finally wakes up and realizes it is plant with miraculous capabilities of improving the way we live our life, you will reflect on all the strength and courage that pulled u out and through this situation. when i go to church this evening i will pray and ask our conjugation to pray for u as you are a victim of unjust laws.. i pray that this new lawyer of yours will fight for your freedom as it seem that the first one did not.. i believe in my heart you will make it out of this stupid mess of losing your freedom because of a plant. i want everyone who reads my post to pray for shack as i strongly believe in the strength of prayer. even if its only for a minute... my sympathy, love and prayers goes out to you shack even tho u dont know me i will be praying for u!!

T

theJointedOne

yeah Shack. try not to think about it, I know thats impossible but try. They are winning once they are in your head. If you keep them out of there, it doesnt matter what they do or where they put your body, your mind will always be free!!

It sucks now for sure shack , but after its over and you're in a med-legal state you'll be a happier person than if it never happened. Stay strong and dont go w/o a fight, your new lawyer sounds great.

Buckeye_Breeder

Hey shack how are you doing man! I am playing the waiting game just like you, it sucks. I got popped sept 2009 with 200+ plants in union county OH. and waiting to get the weight back from BCI. I got a good lawyer it seems and have not heard anything since! They are keeping it in state opposed to fed time. It is my first offense and am hoping for probation but, i am thinking i will get some jail time. Hearing your story and others keep me strong minded and hopeful! I hope you come out with just probation my man! Keep us updated and i will do the same. I don't know you but I think about you everyday Bro! peace out and maybe someday it will be legalized:comfort:

paris

Hey shack how are you doing man! I am playing the waiting game just like you, it sucks. I got popped sept 2009 with 200+ plants in union county OH. and waiting to get the weight back from BCI. I got a good lawyer it seems and have not heard anything since! They are keeping it in state opposed to fed time. It is my first offense and am hoping for probation but, i am thinking i will get some jail time. Hearing your story and others keep me strong minded and hopeful! I hope you come out with just probation my man! Keep us updated and i will do the same. I don't know you but I think about you everyday Bro! peace out and maybe someday it will be legalized:comfort:
Hey dude I read about your case. Did the landlord have the right to just walk in like that with no notice? Perhaps your lawyer could look into this?

GL man

THCforus

to the op,
I'm in the same situation as you right now and understand completely what your going through. Luckily, however, i was renting where i grew, and cant even imagine what it must be like to be losing your home on top of the time. I really feel for you here.
the pigs are claiming that i had over 125 plants, but i know that i didn't have that many. I understand all to well how it feels to have a lawyer who doesn't want to fight for you, so i am very happy to hear that you got a new lawyer and things are looking better. My lawyer sucks, and seems to think its better for me to just plea out, than to even try to prove that i had less than 100 plants, or that there were any discrepancies in the way the cops went about things. I'm not as fortunate as you in this instance. My case started out at a state level, but the feds decided to take it over a couple months after i got raided. Why the feds took it I'll never understand, no assets, money exc. for them to seize, and i know they usually go after much bigger fish. What we do seems like small potatoes. I to have no priors, so i will probably be eligible for the federal safety valve. Unfortunately, i just don't have the means to afford a different lawyer, one who will fight for me, so i have no choice but to stick with him. I will be accepting a plea soon and it looks like i will be doing about 2 years in a federal "camp/prison, w/ 3 yrs. probation. This is what the lawyer expects anyway, and i hope it doesn't end up being more than that.
I just wanted to let you know that your not alone my friend. This ordeal is one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. I know all to well what you mean by the "cloud of overwhelming gloom"
and the twisted, horrifying nightmares that go along with it all. It must be all the stress.
Anyway, I am truly happy for you that you got another lawyer and i hope he serves you well. I wish you nothing but the best and i'll be checking in on ya from time to time, or at least until i get locked up. Hopefully there will come a day when good people like us, all of us, don't have to suffer so badly to do what we have such a passion for. Were not hurting anyone and remember that we are not criminals, just victims of a senseless war on the people.

Your in my thoughts, keep your head up brother.:comfort:
THCforus.

To all of you guys going through these situations may God be with you. It's a shame that we have to suffer through these kind of things while those that make these unjust laws are free to literally break the constitution on a daily basis. I almost feel bad for the officers who are charged with enforcing them whether they believe in them or not. I'm sure that most leo's would rather be preventing violent and property crime (I hope anyway.) Take care.

Sorry to hear that man!

Everyone knows that the cultivation laws get fucked when you bring loaded guns in the game.

For example, I live in the US, and in the certain State I live in, if you grow 100 plants of less, its a $2,500 fine, and up to 1 year in jail.

If you have a loaded gun .. it brings it to $20,000 fine and 5 years in jail, and a federal charge... DONT HAVE GUNS AT YOUR GROW OP!!! That sucks that happened to you man..

FLA.GOON

SHACK= FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ALL THE WAY THRU. YOUR FISRT LAWYER SUCKS DO YOUR HOME WORK! READ ALL CASES THAT ARE SIMALAR TO YOURS & KNOW YOUR LAW FOR YOUR SELF! SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO NO YOUR SHIT WHEN YOU GET IN TO SHIT LIKE THIS SO YOUR LAWYER DOES NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU AN MAKE YOU COP OUT! TO SOME SHIT YOU GET FUCK ON ! READ READ ITS A MUST.

ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU DO END UP DOING A BID. JUST KEEP TO YOUR SELF MIND YOUR BIZZ AN YOUR GOOD!

GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAM !

GOOD VIBEZ !!!!:smokey:

Flower Felon

Hey bro, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Keep your head up and stay strong, many have gone down this path and came out ok in the end...you will too! You gotta think positive now, at least that they didn't indict anyone else who lived in the house with you. You are not a criminal, do not let them make you feel like one. You are on the right side of the fight here, it's too bad though that you've been wounded. Don't let this hurt you, use it as a lesson that will only make you stronger in the grand scheme of things.

FF

pedrodepaco

Good luck to ya man...Change is on the horizon so keep your head up. Prisons are over crowded mostly with people like you...the ones that dont deserve to be there. I know in Michigan they are paroling way early due to prisons closing down and over crowding. Keep the faith man...

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Hey Shack: Any updates Bro? Hope all's well w/you and yours and that your stayin safe n warm. Much K+ your way Brother :rasta:

shack

I'd like to thank everyone for their positive replies.It just got me through 16 months of county jail time.
Got a lot of catching up to do.,financialy and otherwise.
Its all good though,the nightmare is behind me.
I'd just like to repeat the golden rule of growing, "don"t tell anyone who don"t need to know" Please,live by that.