What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like I'm going to state prison!

qbert

Don't listen to this guy. US prisons are NOT like what he said. They aren't much at all like any of what the media portrays them to be.

You DO NOT have to get ganged up to be protected.

The most important thing is to not go in with some sort of attitude like you have something to prove. Be yourself. You will find many people that are in similar situations as you.

These days in this country, jails and prisons are FILLED with non violent folks like yourself that simply made a mistake and got tangled in the system. In fact, from what I've seen, there are FAR more GOOD people in jail, than BAD people.

Stay positive.

+1. 6+ yrs for me. And you can hit the ground running when you get out, as long as you keep your head straight and plan for that.

Time sucks, but you'll make it through and be ok and life will still be here for ya mostly the same as it was.

shack

wtf..so this is what it came down too huh?
I would think with all th early releases for good behavior and all that you wont even see 18 months..I think we get something crazy like 10 days off every 30, but that's up here.
Truly sorry about home and job man..
Just know that you have friends here who care.

CD,thanks for being a friend bro.

shack

they taking your home wow how fucked is that

is the bank taking your house or the pigs?
that's a drag dude...no one should have to go to prison over a plant! so sorry!

ureap- yeah,my lawyer said he offered them the house to get me a better deal.:jerkit: They had threatened to take it from the get go,but I thought that my lawyer was gonna try and save the house and get me county time at the worst.

Litebuzz- the pigs are taking it.I would have lost it anyway(to the bank) if in fact I do go to state prison.
MY point is , I know it looks like the end of the world ,and theres no hope, but it will pass my freind, the time will go by and you will be able to get back to were you were , I know the job and house factor really hits hard , but you will work through it.
I just want you to know you are not alone, Alot of us have suffered this exact scenario, which is not fair fora plant that harms no one, but that's another subject. I wish you the best of luck and hold you r head up
NBGrower-thanks for the support,what you said really makes me feel better.,and means a lot.
keep your chin up bro
Pseudo-thanks man.

shack

I'm soo sorry man I will be sending you my good vibes and my prayers hope you get out soon, I have seen people in fl go to jail for stealing electric and over 400 plants a year ago only spend a day in jail and 5 year probation that they lowered down to 3.... get a good lawyer that can help a lot.
Thanks Doc.,thanks for the vibes and especially the prayers,if anyone can get me out of this its the big man upstairs.
I actually had myself convinced that i would be getting probation or at the worst,home arrest.I thought I did have a good lawyer, but I'm starting to wonder now.
that's a bunch of bullshit dude, i feel for you. take care and remember that it could have been worse, even if it doesn't seem that way right now

ArcticBlast
Your right Arctic B,I could have gotten the mandatory min. of five years.Actually if the feds would have taken the case, it could have been much more than 5 years.
shack, bro, I am truly sorry you have to be going through this.

Please, never forget that you are not a bad person. I know all too well what you've gone through.

You WILL be fine. The homies in jail look up to pot growers, believe it or not. Don't be afraid to tell them what you're in for. They will want to hear stories and learn from you about how to grow the herb.

It fucking sucks to have to be a political prisoner in this fucked up system, but you will come out much stronger.

Stay strong brother!
Lapides-bro,thanks for the encouraging words.
The homies in the slammer are gonna be getting an ear full from me,I love to talk mj growing:)

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
keep your head up shack.
just exercise and read everyday to help pass the time.
and don't let anybody disrespect you.
you know we're all here for you brother.

the_man

Hey Shack

Had a feeling things were going down hadn't seen you logged in for sometime now. I will put a good fight while your gone. so hopefully when you get out we will have some legal MJ. I will also plant some pumpkins in the spring for you man. Keep us updated and let us know how to contact you in there.

Q

quest

Something stinks. He offers up your house. And, 3/4 of 2 1/2 years is 22 1/2 months. Do you have 1 1/2 months credit. I was in a county jail and everyone who went for an attorney visit came back saying "my lawyer said they are giving third time out now" and " if I plead guilty I will be out in one third of my sentence". That was over twenty years ago and those guys are still waiting for their third-time here. Attorneys sometimes do fuzzy math to get you to plead guilty. I had a lawyer try to tell me that I was looking at 23 years for a bunch of charges, but I knew they could only give me base term plus one third of the mid term 3 years 8 months, max after trial. I would say to fight it with a new attorney...but the guns would cut you out of the federal safety valve and you would be screwed then. 85% of 60 months Federal, unless you could show the guns had nothing to do with the plants.

G

good drown

shack, i am really sorry to hear this. it upset my stomach just now. my thoughts go out to you!
how did you get caught?
what does a house full of guns mean? can you share what kind, and if certain guns made it worse. i wold really like to know both!
how much was your lawyer?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
They may take your freedom for a little while, but they'll never get your spirit. Stay a free man in your mind and we'll be here waiting for you when you get back:) I'm sorry...you know you don't deserve it.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I have to say I am deeply sorry for you man, thats some real shit.. The good thing is everything will be fine and come back to normal in the end.. Keep your head up and know that youve got thousands of friends here... :rasta:

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
stay stong bro/ once things get turned around in this country they will be releasing MJ prisoners stat

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn shack sorry to hear that. you will be ok. just go in without fear and you will come out before you know it. peace!

whodair

Veteran
lawmakers who are currently in the prime of their political careers, generally grew up in the 70s and 80s. i believe but cannot prove that most have tried and enjoyed smoking grass. individually i cant think of many politicians that vocally support prohibition. but as a whole the government is moving very slowly towards change. like its gonna take another generation at this point. i think politicians are too embarassed to walk outside of the capitol and spark a jib. there ego would be so worried about how getting high would be perceived in the next election. it really disgusts me.

Andyo

Veteran
sorry to hear of your sittuation shack you will get through the time they give you .
Taking your house i know how that feels .
They took my house n every thing i had i was charged with a 24 kw grow production of $5,000,000 of weed .
no bail at 50 yrs old
So im hoping your a lot younger and will look back in time and laugh at what happened and be happy in a good sittuation

My regards stand tall

shack

So sorry to read of this news man... do whatcha gotta to cope...

I've never been in trouble either and I can only imagine what you're going through. From what I've read and heard about the draconian laws in that state, it could have been much worse.

I know it's easy to say, but a job and house can be replaced... keep your chin up shack...
3rdBase-Thanks for your support.
Shawkmon- thanks bro,i'm still praying for a miracle,I haven't been officially sentenced yet.i'll be pleading guilty in mid January.
very true, my lawyer was sweating, saying that i was looking at 3 years, but somehow i got a year's probation

ArcticBlast
ABlast-thats what I'm hoping happens to me.But I'm planning for the worst.
These days in this country, jails and prisons are FILLED with non violent folks like yourself that simply made a mistake and got tangled in the system. In fact, from what I've seen, there are FAR more GOOD people in jail, than BAD people.
Lapides- I'm totally nonviolent,and should fit in with all the other good people,who made mistakes.I just hope prison don't change me into some kind of monster.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Nah man, it won't change you unless you let it change you.

Hey Shack..

Sorry to hear of the time and the house. We're all angry on your behalf. pshhh taking the house too, what a load of crap

Good luck man, keep your head up