What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like I'm going to state prison!

Sorry bout the lousy luck man. I have been thru the "prison shuffle" and can tell you it aint all that bad, Just find yourself some decent people to hang with ie other growers cause they will be there. And before you know what..you'll be walkin out..who knows you might learn better grow techniques!!
Stand Tall
ob
l

bobredden

i to know how you feel to i don't post much here am not to good at it but here gos i got busted in march 30 here in Michigan and had my doctors recommendation and now have my card issued 4/20 we had 21 plants my girl f has her Doc:Rec: also and card now i just got out of court yesterday for the 6th time are case got dismissed in July but the PA appealed it we now are facing 14 years i got busted about 6 years ago so now we are going to tral

ELBURRO

Bro I feel you my family and I where in the same place a couple years ago. Just keep your self bizzy while you are inside and the time will be done before you even know it. keep strong dont let them break. That you you did nothing wrong. You are victim of corrupt system.
Stay up

shack

But I am definitely sending positive vibes your way. Hope shit works out for you. Thank you for staying committed. How did they get the warrant?
CCGhost- thanks man.
the cops came to the house on an unrelated matter(fabricated,I think).I had two plants sitting on my back deck and the cops saw them,it allwent down hill from there.

shack

wow, that is terrible...

best of luck, shack.
Thanks Sleepy,your support is appreciated.
Shack-ster....you know you're our brotha! Stay safe and come back to us when you can. You know the F.A.M. is always there. Good vibes from me to you.
Thanks accessndx, my friends atIC are something real special to me.And I will be back.
Hey mate, thats all ive seen the documentary's in uk, did not mean to sound like a twat or bring anyone down..
its good to know they aint like that!!!!

Hope it all works out bro!!
THC4SIM-its all good bro.I was a little scared from all the jail house stuff that I saw on TV.,but after talking to others that did state time,I realized most of the stuff on TV was bullshit.
Yeah prison isnt that bad, and its true about pot growers having respect in prison, I seemed to click with people no problem, and lots of them want you to tell them about growing etc..

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Don't forget to get on the marijuana prisoners letter list so you can get mail and money on your books as well as keeping your name out there for when the federal laws towards marijuana get more lax and hopefully can get you out sooner.

This makes my stomach hurt everytime I hear these stories, it shouldn't matter what geographical location you are at whether you get mandatory time, state time or house arrest.

shack

Wow,I'm having a hard time keeping up with the replies.But I will get caught up.
Medmaker-
Don't forget to get on the marijuana prisoners letter list so you can get mail and money on your books as well as keeping your name out there for when the federal laws towards marijuana get more lax and hopefully can get you out sooner.

This makes my stomach hurt everytime I hear these stories, it shouldn't matter what geographical location you are at whether you get mandatory time, state time or house arrest.
I didn't know about the mj prisoners letters list.how will i go about getting on it.?
It always made my stomach hurt too bro,when I read about arrest stories and it hurts even worse now,that I'm writing one myself.I'm hoping to get out early for good behavior.

shack

Yeah prison isnt that bad, and its true about pot growers having respect in prison, I seemed to click with people no problem, and lots of them want you to tell them about growing etc..
Hey NBTGrower- thanks bro.I'm an easy to get along with type of guy.I should have no trouble making friends.And I love to talk about growing mj.So anyone who will listen, will get an education.
+1. 6+ yrs for me. And you can hit the ground running when you get out, as long as you keep your head straight and plan for that.

Time sucks, but you'll make it through and be ok and life will still be here for ya mostly the same as it was.
Gbert-thanks for your support.
[QUOTEWhat house? Burn it....insurance? ][/QUOTE]
OldBriarHopper- yeah,I thought about that,but with my luck I would get busted for arson and insurance fraud.I'm not a good liar, so they would catch me for sure.
I don't know why they want the house anyway.I still owe $123,000 on a house valued at 175,000,plus my parents put a 25,000 lean on the house so they can get their money back they gave me for a lawyer and bail.So its not like they(county)is gonna be making much money on taking my house.
My parents are gonna give me the 25,000 when they get it from the sale of the house.So i will have some money to live on when I get out.

shack

keep your head up shack.
just exercise and read everyday to help pass the time.
and don't let anybody disrespect you.
you know we're all here for you brother.
M pimpin- thanks man.I could use some exercise and I like to read so it should be all good.Thanks for being here for me.
Had a feeling things were going down hadn't seen you logged in for sometime now. I will put a good fight while your gone. so hopefully when you get out we will have some legal MJ. I will also plant some pumpkins in the spring for you man. Keep us updated and let us know how to contact you in there.
Hi man, I'm gonna have my G/F or sister post up my address once I get settled in,and I will appreciate any and all letters.And when I get out,you bet, i'll be there fighting with you,if it ain't legal by the time i get out.I'm gonna miss putting out a pumpkin patch,I wish you luck in advance,with your patch.
Something stinks. He offers up your house. And, 3/4 of 2 1/2 years is 22 1/2 months. Do you have 1 1/2 months credit. I was in a county jail and everyone who went for an attorney visit came back saying "my lawyer said they are giving third time out now" and " if I plead guilty I will be out in one third of my sentence". That was over twenty years ago and those guys are still waiting for their third-time here. Attorneys sometimes do fuzzy math to get you to plead guilty. I had a lawyer try to tell me that I was looking at 23 years for a bunch of charges, but I knew they could only give me base term plus one third of the mid term 3 years 8 months, max after trial. I would say to fight it with a new attorney...but the guns would cut you out of the federal safety valve and you would be screwed then. 85% of 60 months Federal, unless you could show the guns had nothing to do with the plants.
Quest-no,I only have one days credit.
Yeah,I'm not so sure my lawyer really did all he could for me,even though he was paid 10,000 dollars.I think i could have gotten a better deal from a public defender.But then on the other hand,if the feds would have taken the case I could have been looking at 10+ years(according to my lawyer).It sure could be a lot worse.
shack, i am really sorry to hear this. it upset my stomach just now. my thoughts go out to you!
how did you get caught?
what does a house full of guns mean? can you share what kind, and if certain guns made it worse. i wold really like to know both!
how much was your lawyer?
good drown-thanks for your concern bro.I've been sick in my stomach since I got busted,and I don't wish my troubles on anyone.
A house full of guns can really magnify things.I'm not sure how much it actually hurt me.
I had all kinds of guns,I was kinda a collector.I do hunt,so some were for hunting and others were just for fun.There were rifles,shotguns, and handguns(all legally bought and I had a carry permit),I don't really know if it makes a difference in the kind of guns they found or not.
My lawyer was paid 10,000 dollars.He is supposed to be a real good lawyer.

Buckeye_Breeder

I feel your pain

I feel your pain

:smokeit:Ohio love to you bro! I am in the same boat as you and feel your pain. Keep your head up and look at the big picture Legalize it! Myself and many others are victims of these stupid marijuana laws! Keep us updated man! I hope it's true about marijuana growers having respect in jail. Peace out much love man

HASH GORDON

I'm so very sorry to hear about your problems Shack. It sounds like you're loved and revered around here. I wish you the best of luck and that you return safely to your family and friends at home as well as here.

del...

Prison in US don't look like fun at all!! sorry bro!!
full of gangs n' shit have to stick with your own race! WTF!!

UK prisons are chilled in that respect, mostly all races get on okay in UK prisons,
its more of a regional thing where in the country your from not race..
oh and obviously what your in for....

Hope things work out for ya mate and you get a light sentence!

you've seen too many movies. while there is nowhere where one can be comfortable or safe while being locked up where one doesn't belong, american prisons are nothing like they're depicted in the movies...at least in the SW. comparing UK prisons to ones in other countries isn't possible unless you have served actual time...tv shows and movies are not representative of the facts.

del...

Hey NBTGrower- thanks bro.I'm an easy to get along with type of guy.I should have no trouble making friends.And I love to talk about growing mj.So anyone who will listen, will get an education.

Gbert-thanks for your support.
[QUOTEWhat house? Burn it....insurance? ]
OldBriarHopper- yeah,I thought about that,but with my luck I would get busted for arson and insurance fraud.I'm not a good liar, so they would catch me for sure.
I don't know why they want the house anyway.I still owe $123,000 on a house valued at 175,000,plus my parents put a 25,000 lean on the house so they can get their money back they gave me for a lawyer and bail.So its not like they(county)is gonna be making much money on taking my house.
My parents are gonna give me the 25,000 when they get it from the sale of the house.So i will have some money to live on when I get out.[/QUOTE]

i had to do 6 months in county back in '02 for cultivation and i must admit...it wasn't so bad. IF you have to go know this...growers are in the upper echelon of prison hierarchy and as long as one keeps to his own biz there shouldn't much of a prob. hopefully you won't have to be 'punished' so harshly but if so, there are people who can help make it as easy as possible. pm me and perhaps i can help...

good luck and know you have friends who can & will lend a hand to make the time pass as quickly as possible.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Do yourself a favor. Get your magazine and newspaper subscriptions lined up. Make a list of paperbacks you've always wanted to read. When you get there make sure the first time someone calls you a Punk or Bitch you have to fight them win lose or draw. Regardless of the outcome the rest of your stay will be cake. You don't get protected in prison, you get RESPECT. I dont know if PA prisons let you have internet access. In California they don't,. So it would be advantageous to find a person who can do your email and other online activities for you. You write them, they type and send, and print out stuff for you! Also gather money for your books. Get a nice lump sum and average it out over your estimated stay with behavior credits ect.,.. you will need money there. Stamps are important. Also don't worry about getting raped thats all bullshit if you stand up for yourself, dont have to be billy badass, just dont show excess weakness, remember a lot of the people in there are true predators. You will need to get used to the idea of hiding stuff in your ass though. I also suggest getting visiting information now and getting the forms squared away now so visits will be streamlined and easy.

Prison fucking sucks, I won't lie. But it can be a good thing in the end if you use that time wisely. Get smart, get strong, hit the law library while you are there. Stay away from the gangs and prison politics, leave that stuff for people doing 10+ stints.

_Dude

Shack, sorry to hear about your situation. Good luck going forward, and thanks for letting us know how it happened (very important IMO for peeps to tell us this stuff if they can).

About lawyers. Don't take this as legal advice but from what I've heard you always want to get a lawyer from OUTSIDE your DA's jurisdiction. That way your lawyer doesn't give a flying fuck about pissing off your DA or his flunkies. Local defenders are weak because, unlike on Law & Order, defenders and prosecutors are friends and peers. They drink in the same holes, hang in the same circles, eat lunch together, and generally have close working relationships. Not to mention the judges - they'll have to deal with your judge for the rest of their careers, so they play it safe and cozy. In other words, the old boy network where one hand washes the other and they're all thinking about the next deal. And defenders and prosecutors switch sides all the time, so there's always that chance that a defender will be working in the DA's office in a few years, or vice-versa. Fuck that shit, I want MY deal to be my lawyer's universe.

dirtyshawa

Well, those of you that know me, know that i got busted on 4-20-09, with 153 plants and a house full of loaded guns.
I just talked to my lawyer last night and it looks like I'll be getting 2 1/2 to 5 years in a state prison.My lawyer said that I would have to do 3/4 of 2 1/2 years,which is like 21 months.:frown:
In Jan. I'll go before the judge to plead guilty,then within 60 to 90 days I'll be officially sentenced.
I've never been in trouble before,I,ve had the same factory job for over 20 years.I'll be loosing my job and they are taking my house.
From what my lawyer tells me,I'm lucky.He said I could have been looking at a mandatory 5 years and a 15,000 dollar fine.
I was actually thinking that I might get away with home arrest or probation.And I would be able to keep my house and job.But thats not to be.
I'm not looking for sympathy,just trying to let everyone know out there to "be careful".
I'm worried sick,but will do my time, the best I can.
I should be sentenced by March or April.So I won't be around here after that for 21 months or so.My lawyer also told me that The state of Pa. is letting non violent offenders out of prison early because there is no room for the real bad guys,so with any luck,i won't have to do the whole 21 months.
I;m sorry to post such depressing news but it is helping me cope with the situation.

i don't know about PA, but, i'm quite sure they have some sort of detention deversion center program that you qualify for since your a non violent offender. i have 2 felonies from my first case and learned a tremendous amount from that experience. i was looking at 25 yrs and got probation and a fine for some real shit(violent). i'm still mad i took that plea, never again. i got tore off 2yrs later and the knowledge i learned from my first case along with divine intervention got me off. so, i know what i'm talking about. were, the guns legal? do you have any violent convictions on your record? if yes and no you should be leigible for a program. DON'T PLEAD GUILTY unless you get in a program. fuck the pen when you can go to a diversion center. your gonna work like a slave and the money your gonna make will pay your fines but, when you come home you should have a couple of stacks to start all over again with no problems. this is what you tell your lawyer.....i have a drug problem and i want to know if i qualify for any type of diversion program. you might get both detention(bootcamp) and diversion(rehab-workforce) program. i'm right down i95 and our states laws and programs are probably the same isn't Pa a commonwealth?

moonshiner

Be glad your not in MS. Ibeen in your shoes with a 1 lb and a single shot 20gauge in my house and my lawery told me first offence was to be 5yr 85% served. Then the DA came back with 20 and I shit. Three kids a diabled wife and no support. The case was plead to 5yrs and 11,000. because of a witness who thank the almighty, testified that I gave no entrance. Feel for everyone in this miserable WAR ON THE PEOPLE! may the fuckers in control burn in the Hotspot of HELL!

shack

They may take your freedom for a little while, but they'll never get your spirit. Stay a free man in your mind and we'll be here waiting for you when you get back:) I'm sorry...you know you don't deserve it.
Miss Blunted-Thanks for your kindness.Your right,they'll never get my spirit.When I get out out be right back here,and better than ever.
I have to say I am deeply sorry for you man, thats some real shit.. The good thing is everything will be fine and come back to normal in the end.. Keep your head up and know that youve got thousands of friends here..
Thanks Sublime,all you guys/gals are great,it brings tears to my eyes to read all the support.
stay stong bro/ once things get turned around in this country they will be releasing MJ prisoners stat
NGworrie- thanks man,I'll do the time,the best I can.Hopefully things will get turned around soon.
damn shack sorry to hear that. you will be ok. just go in without fear and you will come out before you know it. peace!
Phillthy-I'm gonna be scared,but will do my best not to show it.And you can bet that I will be back here as soon as I get out.
lawmakers who are currently in the prime of their political careers, generally grew up in the 70s and 80s. i believe but cannot prove that most have tried and enjoyed smoking grass. individually i cant think of many politicians that vocally support prohibition. but as a whole the government is moving very slowly towards change. like its gonna take another generation at this point. i think politicians are too embarassed to walk outside of the capitol and spark a jib. there ego would be so worried about how getting high would be perceived in the next election. it really disgusts me.
whodair-I could not have said it better myself.The govermental side of mj, totally disgust me too.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I'm sorry for your injustice shack.

It is what it is, make the best out of it. I wish that in due time those who have served you wrong should be imprisoned themselves. It sounds like you have your head on right going into this so I wish you the best.

Andyo

Veteran
shack its also shit that you worked same place 20 yrs and they cant hold your job for you .
its not like your a thief!