What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

goingrey

I can either pop some hon x pan or those bagseeds my sister in law brought back from Guerrero. Decisions,decisions :unsure:
Growing this Guerreran sativa is a true privilege you were blessed with, but also comes with the responsibility of doing it right, documenting the grow, reproducing the seed.. Do it while the seeds are still viable but not until you can be reasonably sure you can pull it off (with the moves and all that). Preferably sooner rather than later. Maybe the mite attack was the universe giving a hint.. :D

I'm kinda considering the Honduras for my next grow. Cool winter grow so probably not optimal conditions but the description does say "Resistance against cold: Average-High" so should be ok. Still have about a month to think about it, decisions decisions indeed.

RobFromTX

Growing this Guerreran sativa is a true privilege you were blessed with, but also comes with the responsibility of doing it right, documenting the grow, reproducing the seed.. Do it while the seeds are still viable but not until you can be reasonably sure you can pull it off (with the moves and all that). Preferably sooner rather than later. Maybe the mite attack was the universe giving a hint.. :D

I'm kinda considering the Honduras for my next grow. Cool winter grow so probably not optimal conditions but the description does say "Resistance against cold: Average-High" so should be ok. Still have about a month to think about it, decisions decisions indeed.

Its not knowing what to expect from them thats on my mind. But i have about 38 seeds so i can definitely reproduce them if i like the smoke. Hon x Pan is very easy to grow indoors and the yields are out of this world, so im still on the fence. If you look through the honduras x panama thread you can see my grow from last year. I would imagine honduras not liking cold conditions but ive never ran them outdoors. From the looks of other grows its definitely where they prefer to be though. Go for it (y)

goingrey

Its not knowing what to expect from them thats on my mind. But i have about 38 seeds so i can definitely reproduce them if i like the smoke. Hon x Pan is very easy to grow indoors and the yields are out of this world, so im still on the fence. If you look through the honduras x panama thread you can see my grow from last year. I would imagine honduras not liking cold conditions but ive never ran them outdoors. From the looks of other grows its definitely where they prefer to be though. Go for it (y)
It will be indoors but I'm trying to avoid heating the room, I think it would quadruple the leccy bill.. More sensible to go for something cold resistant. Or go so big the lights heat the room, but the risk of prison time isn't too enticing..

RobFromTX

It will be indoors but I'm trying to avoid heating the room, I think it would quadruple the leccy bill.. More sensible to go for something cold resistant. Or go so big the lights heat the room, but the risk of prison time isn't too enticing..

Haha prisons always on the back of my mind too but i love the plant too much to stop. Thank god for the meth epidemic they don't go after the herbage here anymore. Honduras handles heat issues quite well and they dont need a lot of nutes. No smell either, even when you rub the stems so you don't have to worry about that

Sensistar42

Haha prisons always on the back of my mind too but i love the plant too much to stop. Thank god for the meth epidemic they don't go after the herbage here anymore. Honduras handles heat issues quite well and they dont need a lot of nutes. No smell either, even when you rub the stems so you don't have to worry about that

Really? My columbian leaning honduras definitely gives off the nice sweet meat smell. Not saying it’s as bad as an afghani but definitely some smell there.

RobFromTX

Also popped a few more looking for a green pheno for the stable as well. 😊

I prefer the green mexican pheno myself, more clear headed. And yeah honduras is definitely the least smelling strain i ever grew. I did get the slightly sweet smell from the cured buds but nothing loud, honestly reminded me of the limey brickweed from way back when we would get here in texas

Sensistar42

I prefer the green mexican pheno myself, more clear headed. And yeah honduras is definitely the least smelling strain i ever grew. I did get the slightly sweet smell from the cured buds but nothing loud, honestly reminded me of the limey brickweed from way back when we would get here in texas
Agreed on low smell, just wanted to clarify for people that it’s not absent of smell.

The columbian leaning one feels like your in a window sun spot in your house and about to take the best nap ever like when you were a kid. Love it but it’s a Sunday smoke for me. 🤣🤣 I got 3 packs of honduras to go through but only have popped 5 so far. I take my time when there’s something that’s valuable like these. I don’t wanna toss away males that I could have used to make f2s and line breed and not be able to. Seen to many stories of that happening to people. 🤣🤣

I have Kashmiri azad
Petrolia headstash
Along with other discontinued lines and landraces that I wanna do right.
But my space is so small I can’t do many and keep a bunch of moms/males at a time and trying make sure to have non seeded smoke as well.
Though I do have left over pollen from a honduras to dust a sensi star, orient express, and pupil Magoo this next time.
I have a fully seeded columbian leaning honduras by a Lebanese male that seems like it will be an interesting cross.
A 5 in tall male I’ve been holding onto to hopefully pollinate a female leb if I get one with my last leb seed, decided he didn’t want to wait. 🤣🤣 if I didn’t get a female I was going to pollinate everything I had with it anyways because having a touch of cbd with things I like for daytime use seems good to me and to see what that leb happy feel is all about.

RobFromTX

Agreed on low smell, just wanted to clarify for people that it’s not absent of smell.

The columbian leaning one feels like your in a window sun spot in your house and about to take the best nap ever like when you were a kid. Love it but it’s a Sunday smoke for me. 🤣🤣 I got 3 packs of honduras to go through but only have popped 5 so far. I take my time when there’s something that’s valuable like these. I don’t wanna toss away males that I could have used to make f2s and line breed and not be able to. Seen to many stories of that happening to people. 🤣🤣

I have Kashmiri azad
Petrolia headstash
Along with other discontinued lines and landraces that I wanna do right.
But my space is so small I can’t do many and keep a bunch of moms/males at a time and trying make sure to have non seeded smoke as well.
Though I do have left over pollen from a honduras to dust a sensi star, orient express, and pupil Magoo this next time.
I have a fully seeded columbian leaning honduras by a Lebanese male that seems like it will be an interesting cross.
A 5 in tall male I’ve been holding onto to hopefully pollinate a female leb if I get one with my last leb seed, decided he didn’t want to wait. 🤣🤣 if I didn’t get a female I was going to pollinate everything I had with it anyways because having a touch of cbd with things I like for daytime use seems good to me and to see what that leb happy feel is all about.

Have you ever ran across the late flowering fruity pheno that dubi mentioned? That one sounds like a winner too

Honduras with lebanese sounds very pleasant :smoke:

Sensistar42

Have you ever ran across the late flowering fruity pheno that dubi mentioned? That one sounds like a winner too
No I haven’t so far 2 males, that I kept the one that seemed most resistant to my environment inside and looked Mexican leaning. And then 2 females a a good foxtaily leaning columbian that turns purple and one that as similar but Hermed. Probably environmental on that one bugs etc.
and now I have one that is going in this weekend at about 14 days from seed.

But I need to take my time and slowly go through them because I’m always afraid that I won’t be able to get them again. 🤣🤣🤣

I gotta say though the columbian I hav really doesn’t get stressed being in a solo cup for a few months now as a back up. Not stressing or trying to flower on me like the sensi star I’m trying or the other sativa leaning things I’ve had. I find that amazing.

revegeta666

I gotta say though the columbian I hav really doesn’t get stressed being in a solo cup for a few months now as a back up. Not stressing or trying to flower on me like the sensi star I’m trying or the other sativa leaning things I’ve had. I find that amazing.
Do you have it under fluorecent or CFL lights, by any chance? I find fluos are excellent to keep plants "stunted" but happy. That's how I keep my moms, 2 fluorescent tubes and they can stay easily for over 2 months in a 250ml plastic cup. Or seemingly forever in a 3L pot. Almost never asking for food, or showing any signs of discomfort.

Sensistar42

Do you have it under fluorecent or CFL lights, by any chance? I find fluos are excellent to keep plants "stunted" but happy. That's how I keep my moms, 2 fluorescent tubes and they can stay easily for over 2 months in a 250ml plastic cup. Or seemingly forever in a 3L pot. Almost never asking for food, or showing any signs of discomfort.
nope just 60watt horticulture led.

My flower is just the 135watt from them too. I’ll end up with a 165-200w led or whatever similar I can find when I go to replace it.

2x2x6 tent and a 2x2x2 tent for veg. Not ideal
By any means but it’s all I can do until I move to a different place. So they do get a lot of extra stress from my enviroment. As well as I only do predator bugs and MAYBE a Monterey garden spray if I see pests.

Super simple but I have to keep it that way for now. So Scrog and a few single colas for me right now.
I’m hoping to find a good candidate before next summer out of the Violeta x honduras I just made for a resistant short flowing pheno for New York outdoor weather. My first try at that.

Latest posts

Latest posts