What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Herbert Chickybaby

Glad you are enjoying with the pleasant and blissful introspection from your Honduran plant @Herbert Chickybaby :D give her a try one morning you feel fresh after a good long sleep, and let's see how the effect differs from the first experience you comment.

I love red wine, but in SE Asia i try to avoid it, since it is very expensive and bad quality.
Tiger and Chang cold beer is my diet while i'm there :)
I will come back to Thailand next year, but this time with family, so my seed hunting will be more restricted.
Haha, yeah, wine is so expensive, but I am kind of like you Spaniards, I am raised on wine being from California so I have to have it at lest once a week, which is all I can afford. They have raised the tax on wine again another 10 percent, it is unbelievably expensive for the most boring California table wine, Carlo Rossi generic "Red". Yeah its hard to accept because in California there is very cheap good quality wine if you shop around. Everybody loves Two Buck Chuck wine, two dollars for 700 cl decent trd. There is a Catalan restaurant in Bangkok around the corner from one of the big gogo bar areas Soi Cowboy that has a huge selection of Spanish wine. Always people from Spain in there, I even ended up sitting next to a guy from Spain,who was in the wine export business and appreciated that I could speak Spanish fairly well, his English was quite limited, so he bought me a number of glasses of amazing wines with chocolate and plum kinds of tastes, or one type did. He gave me a tour of Spanish wine Very different from California or Chilean wine which I drink more often.

I'm actually a big stout drinker, but its very difficult to get up country. I'm crazy about Belgian beer but there is not much around in Thailand anymore. Thais think because a beer is dark that its very strong and dangerous, so stout is practically a controlled substance, haha! But there is always Chang if there is not much else so I go with that. My wife is into beer about every night, so there's Chang bottles all over the place around here, hehehe. Its kin dof a boring beer for me and I'd rather drink Thai "whiskey" (its actially rum) anyway if I am going to drink cheaply.

Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

So yours was a Mexican leaning one? Or maybe in the middle? Any light purpling on the buds near the end of flower?
No, the buds had nothing purple going on. There were many purple leaf stems as I mentioned before, but that never made its way into the bud coloration. But you can easily imagine that if it got cold here the buds would start purpling up. Based on the effects from one smoking session, it did not resemble what I remember from smoking low quality 'mersh Colombian when I was a kid in the 70's. With that stuff, there was a lot more thought, idea and even visuals created by it, I didn't get that at all from this particular Honduran plant, which sounds boring, but it was not boring, very strongly blissfull creating a strong feeling of comfortable warmth in the body.

Sensistar42

No, the buds had nothing purple going on. There were many purple leaf stems as I mentioned before, but that never made its way into the bud coloration. But you can easily imagine that if it got cold here the buds would start purpling up. Based on the effects from one smoking session, it did not resemble what I remember from smoking low quality 'mersh Colombian when I was a kid in the 70's. With that stuff, there was a lot more thought, idea and even visuals created by it, I didn't get that at all from this particular Honduran plant, which sounds boring, but it was not boring, very strongly blissfull creating a strong feeling of comfortable warmth in the body.
Well said, thank for the difference in experiences with the old Colombian. I have never been able to try it myself.

RobFromTX

Here i go at it again. My friend felt so bad about the mite fallout that he gifted me his 6-pack and they all popped!

Attachments

• IMG_20231217_142206816.jpg
    IMG_20231217_142206816.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 99

RobFromTX

Wow, that was sure nice of him, what a guy/gal! Keep us posted, I for one want to see the different pheno types one can can get from Honduras.

It was very nice of him. I really liked the mexican pheno you grew out. The mexican phenos my favorite for daytime and the purple colombian i grew a few years ago was great for chilling out and watching simpsons and x-files, definitely a little heavier in the head, an all around great strain. I'd really like to run across the late flowering fruity pheno though. Fingers crossed🤞

Herbert Chickybaby

It was very nice of him. I really liked the mexican pheno you grew out. The mexican phenos my favorite for daytime and the purple colombian i grew a few years ago was great for chilling out and watching simpsons and x-files, definitely a little heavier in the head, an all around great strain. I'd really like to run across the late flowering fruity pheno though. Fingers crossed🤞
OK, so maybe you think I had something unique with that one, eh? I remember you said and a few others said they thought it was kind of like both Mexican and Colombian. In a few weeks I'm going to smoke it when I am fully sober and rested and see what its like. What it did to me the other night sounds like what your "Colombian" did to you, chilled you out. I don't like smoking in the day that much, but I don't mind being kept up all night, so I just need to smoke a bit sober and check it out. Ok and then a late flowering fruity one, that sounds pretty interesting. Also my hondo was right next to to my pollen bomb Lao Sa hermy, so I should be able to get some crosses. Theres not a lot of seeds, in fact I haven't seen one yet. Dubi said he could see some in my photos, I didn't really see what he was seeing, but I trust that if anyone knows what a seed looks like its him.

Well, thats just great Rob From Texas, I'm sure you'll be more vigilant about the chiggers or whatever it was roosting in your last buncha plants and hopefully you'll get six insane Hondos!

RobFromTX

OK, so maybe you think I had something unique with that one, eh? I remember you said and a few others said they thought it was kind of like both Mexican and Colombian. In a few weeks I'm going to smoke it when I am fully sober and rested and see what its like. What it did to me the other night sounds like what your "Colombian" did to you, chilled you out. I don't like smoking in the day that much, but I don't mind being kept up all night, so I just need to smoke a bit sober and check it out. Ok and then a late flowering fruity one, that sounds pretty interesting. Also my hondo was right next to to my pollen bomb Lao Sa hermy, so I should be able to get some crosses. Theres not a lot of seeds, in fact I haven't seen one yet. Dubi said he could see some in my photos, I didn't really see what he was seeing, but I trust that if anyone knows what a seed looks like its him.

Well, thats just great Rob From Texas, I'm sure you'll be more vigilant about the chiggers or whatever it was roosting in your last buncha plants and hopefully you'll get six insane Hondos!

I was looking at your plant on my phone and mistaked the molding for purple bud sites haha

It was still a very impressive plant you grew and definitely looked mexican leaning to me. I hope you enjoy the smoke session. Please try to post some cured bud pics. Its definitely not a strain id picture most people enjoying late at night but i find it perfect for anytime including right before sleep. Sativas, for the most part, have a relaxing effect on me and indicas interrupt my sleep patterns. Im a weird guy like that 😁

Sensistar42

Had some honduras last night figured I would take a few pics of a more top piece.Pretty dense calyx’s but it’s just a lot of foxtails.

Attachments

• ACE92FAC-969E-4763-B155-C8282E131913.png
    ACE92FAC-969E-4763-B155-C8282E131913.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 175
  • CB116425-D96E-4254-981D-559C44C7A0FE.png
    CB116425-D96E-4254-981D-559C44C7A0FE.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 172
  • C7AA6110-FC33-4AB4-9032-16FA32E1AD26.png
    C7AA6110-FC33-4AB4-9032-16FA32E1AD26.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 172
  • 5946C698-95B3-457D-B1DA-DCBD8714BC51.png
    5946C698-95B3-457D-B1DA-DCBD8714BC51.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 182

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Honduras nugs :love: @Sensistar42 masterfully grown!
Thanks a lot for sharing pictures of the finished product, classic hairy Honduran look, but pretty dense (and resinous) for this strain, well done, enjoy! ;)

Please, keep us updated with yours @EnjoyingLife :) your support is much appreciated.

Sensistar42

Lovely Honduras nugs :love: @Sensistar42 masterfully grown!
Thanks a lot for sharing pictures of the finished product, classic hairy Honduran look, but pretty dense (and resinous) for this strain, well done, enjoy! ;)

Please, keep us updated with yours @EnjoyingLife :) your support is much appreciated.
Thanks!! I really like this one it takes all anxiety away and a very chill out in a sunny spot, stop and enjoy life kind of way.
I would love to increase the terps on this with out really messing with the high. I’m sure other phenos have more Ocimine. But if this one just had a bit more it would be spot on!

On the other hand a Violeta x honduras I made finaly showed pistils after 2 weeks in the tent and will put her in a 1 gal from a beer cup for a single cola tester. I have another, but hasn’t showed sex yet.
I’m super exited because I loved how the Violeta mom had a dead in balsamic vinaigrette smell with a sweetness to it and insane loudness to it but not in a rank way.
And after 3 months curing still smells just as strong.

So we will see how a boost of terps and resin does with the honduras. 😊😊😊

I think though since this Violeta definitely feels like coffee to me as far as effect goes, along with mixing a vape with honduras with it. It combines quite well.

I really would like your thoughts on how the Ethiopian line with the honduras might sound? I like the fact that there around the same flowering time it seems and the coffee like happy effect of the African sativas really help with the adhd and executive disfunction. Seems like it would be great to have a introspective relaxed, but energy to bounce around and love life kind of high.

Herbert Chickybaby

Just wanted to amend my smoke report on the old Honduras I grew this season. I said it was a very sedative buzz, and very body high oriented. Well, i did mention being sleep deprived and quite buzzed on wine and beer as well.

I opened a different jar New Years's eve and while buzzed again on alcohol, I had a good night's sleep behind me and yes, i would say my experience was very different. There was good amount of something cerebral, a lot of stuff popping off in my mind very pleasantly. I would not say it was psychedelic in the way Thai weed is, but not unidimensional at all either. Probably the additional curing time helped further and it should very nice and very interesting to see how she develops.

Has anyone ever been to Mexico and tried say Chiapas or Oaxaccan strains like Chamula or Verde Limon? I wonder how the mexican leaning Honduras would compare to those strains. The effect I got may be from the Colombian side of the spectrum, but not any Colombians we used to get in Los Angeles in the 70's.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks!! I really like this one it takes all anxiety away and a very chill out in a sunny spot, stop and enjoy life kind of way.
I would love to increase the terps on this with out really messing with the high. I’m sure other phenos have more Ocimine. But if this one just had a bit more it would be spot on!

On the other hand a Violeta x honduras I made finaly showed pistils after 2 weeks in the tent and will put her in a 1 gal from a beer cup for a single cola tester. I have another, but hasn’t showed sex yet.
I’m super exited because I loved how the Violeta mom had a dead in balsamic vinaigrette smell with a sweetness to it and insane loudness to it but not in a rank way.
And after 3 months curing still smells just as strong.

So we will see how a boost of terps and resin does with the honduras. 😊😊😊

I think though since this Violeta definitely feels like coffee to me as far as effect goes, along with mixing a vape with honduras with it. It combines quite well.

I really would like your thoughts on how the Ethiopian line with the honduras might sound? I like the fact that there around the same flowering time it seems and the coffee like happy effect of the African sativas really help with the adhd and executive disfunction. Seems like it would be great to have a introspective relaxed, but energy to bounce around and love life kind of high.

The easiest way to increase terpenes on Honduras would be to cross her with Skunk or modern American indica hybrids, but it will easily ruin the pure sativa clarity of Honduran effect. Probably, the pure sativa polyhybrid route would be the most interesting for effects, and hopefully you still might find some stinky plants in some combos.

I worked on the preservation and reproduction of both Honduras and Ethiopian in 2015, and found their finished product to have similarities in effects (classic clean-uplifting tropical sativa effects, without ceiling or narcotic comedown). There are differences regarding terpene profiles, yield, vigor betweeen both strains.

The Ethiopian has THCV, but this cannabinoid has not been found in relevant amounts in Honduras line.
An F1 cross between both would be indeed interesting, although highly dependant of the quality of the chosen parent plants and their combination ability.

Please, keep us updated on your Violeta x Honduras hybrid! :)

Happy year and gardens in 2014! ☀️

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just wanted to amend my smoke report on the old Honduras I grew this season. I said it was a very sedative buzz, and very body high oriented. Well, i did mention being sleep deprived and quite buzzed on wine and beer as well.

I opened a different jar New Years's eve and while buzzed again on alcohol, I had a good night's sleep behind me and yes, i would say my experience was very different. There was good amount of something cerebral, a lot of stuff popping off in my mind very pleasantly. I would not say it was psychedelic in the way Thai weed is, but not unidimensional at all either. Probably the additional curing time helped further and it should very nice and very interesting to see how she develops.

Has anyone ever been to Mexico and tried say Chiapas or Oaxaccan strains like Chamula or Verde Limon? I wonder how the mexican leaning Honduras would compare to those strains. The effect I got may be from the Colombian side of the spectrum, but not any Colombians we used to get in Los Angeles in the 70's.

ehehhehe dlad to see the oldies still rocking on @Herbert Chickybaby ! 💪 the combination of rest, alcohol and ganja usually produces an euphoric stoned combo, which makes hard to appreciate the nuances of a pure sativa strain. Better give it a try it in the morning with your first joint, in that way it's easier to appreciate and evaluate its crystal clear psycoactivity and energy.

Verde Limon (in my limited experience) is a short sized sativa of short-moderate flowering time, modest yields, good resin production and lemony terpenes, while Mexican leaning expressions from Honduras are much more bigger, vigorous plants of long flowering, high yields and earthy-herbal terpenes.