What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Sensistar42

The easiest way to increase terpenes on Honduras would be to cross her with Skunk or modern American indica hybrids, but it will easily ruin the pure sativa clarity of Honduran effect. Probably, the pure sativa polyhybrid route would be the most interesting for effects, and hopefully you still might find some stinky plants in some combos.

I worked on the preservation and reproduction of both Honduras and Ethiopian in 2015, and found their finished product to have similarities in effects (classic clean-uplifting tropical sativa effects, without ceiling or narcotic comedown). There are differences regarding terpene profiles, yield, vigor betweeen both strains.

The Ethiopian has THCV, but this cannabinoid has not been found in relevant amounts in Honduras line.
An F1 cross between both would be indeed interesting, although highly dependant of the quality of the chosen parent plants and their combination ability.

Please, keep us updated on your Violeta x Honduras hybrid! :)

Happy year and gardens in 2014! ☀️
Thank you!! The hard part with it is I don’t like skunk much. The afghani1 gives me a heart palpitation anxiety feel that isn’t too fun with any cross with it. My choice with end up being sensi star for a Dutch hybrid cross, since I’m playing with those now as well. Or Kashmir azad or petrolia headstash when I pop them. Possibly a different landrace with a strong stone and Let’s the sativa high shine like the Pck does.Any recommendations on a good heavy medicinal landrace?

But yes the combo of the sativas will be the way to go for me wanting adhd/autistic,med/day work cannabis,thank you for letting me know about your experiences.😊

Last edited:

Sensistar42

Just wanted to amend my smoke report on the old Honduras I grew this season. I said it was a very sedative buzz, and very body high oriented. Well, i did mention being sleep deprived and quite buzzed on wine and beer as well.

I opened a different jar New Years's eve and while buzzed again on alcohol, I had a good night's sleep behind me and yes, i would say my experience was very different. There was good amount of something cerebral, a lot of stuff popping off in my mind very pleasantly. I would not say it was psychedelic in the way Thai weed is, but not unidimensional at all either. Probably the additional curing time helped further and it should very nice and very interesting to see how she develops.

Has anyone ever been to Mexico and tried say Chiapas or Oaxaccan strains like Chamula or Verde Limon? I wonder how the mexican leaning Honduras would compare to those strains. The effect I got may be from the Colombian side of the spectrum, but not any Colombians we used to get in Los Angeles in the 70's.
My gf gets knocked out everytime she has some of the columbian pheno. But she’s fine with og, cookies, chem. 🤣🤣

Herbert Chickybaby

My gf gets knocked out everytime she has some of the columbian pheno. But she’s fine with og, cookies, chem. 🤣🤣
OK, maybe thats further evidence that my pheno is basically some type of Mexican. That is funny though about your girlfriend. I have to smoke on this stuff some more, I still don't really know what I have. One time I got pretty sleepy after only a few hours, and the other day as I mentioned it was a lot more stimulating.

Sensistar42

OK, maybe thats further evidence that my pheno is basically some type of Mexican. That is funny though about your girlfriend. I have to smoke on this stuff some more, I still don't really know what I have. One time I got pretty sleepy after only a few hours, and the other day as I mentioned it was a lot more stimulating.
I really need to find a pure Mexican pheno, I think it’s my best bet for what I want in the line. A cure does this strain wonders like other longer flowering sativas.
It’s funny though we will have a sensi star/Violeta mix all day the past few days and then had honduras a in the evening and you just watch her crash so hard and can’t keep awake.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sensistar42

The easiest way to increase terpenes on Honduras would be to cross her with Skunk or modern American indica hybrids, but it will easily ruin the pure sativa clarity of Honduran effect. Probably, the pure sativa polyhybrid route would be the most interesting for effects, and hopefully you still might find some stinky plants in some combos.

I worked on the preservation and reproduction of both Honduras and Ethiopian in 2015, and found their finished product to have similarities in effects (classic clean-uplifting tropical sativa effects, without ceiling or narcotic comedown). There are differences regarding terpene profiles, yield, vigor betweeen both strains.

The Ethiopian has THCV, but this cannabinoid has not been found in relevant amounts in Honduras line.
An F1 cross between both would be indeed interesting, although highly dependant of the quality of the chosen parent plants and their combination ability.

Please, keep us updated on your Violeta x Honduras hybrid! :)

Happy year and gardens in 2014! ☀️

The violeta x honduras are turning into little monsters. They went into flower in a solo cup to be sexed at around 2 weeks from seed. 2 1/2 weeks they sexed both were girls so I transplanted into a 1 gal each and they are now 6in from my light and just bean poles without branching out yet. I will trim all branches and do a sog style as I’m limited on space. I pinch them everyday all the way down and their still going.🤣🤣🤣

I will be running 1 gals for a while with everything. Just to look through my collections and get things going.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

That's funny to hear. OG makes me feel much more wasted much more than any Honduras.
Possibly a different landrace with a strong stone and Let’s the sativa high shine like the Pck does.Any recommendations on a good heavy medicinal landrace?

But yes the combo of the sativas will be the way to go for me wanting adhd/autistic,med/day work cannabis,thank you for letting me know about your experiences.😊

PCK is not heavy, but it does allow sativas to shine more in crosses than Afghans. If medical aspect is crucial, then I would recommend trying different indica strains and choosing the one that has more healing effects for you.

Sensistar42

That's funny to hear. OG makes me feel much more wasted much more than any Honduras.

PCK is not heavy, but it does allow sativas to shine more in crosses than Afghans. If medical aspect is crucial, then I would recommend trying different indica strains and choosing the one that has more healing effects for you.
For me ogs just makes me feel dumb and not thinking along with feeling more agitated feeling like everything bothers me a bit more. Along with couch lock lazy/hangover feel after it’s all done. The honduras makes the whole day feel like a lazy nappy dreamy day to me. And can just sleep whenever but no couch lock or dumbness of any kind. Very anti anxiety though, clears my head from all the nonsense and worries but I can still think and talk about those out there ideas with the gf.

And yes I agree with the Pck not being heavy, I was thinking about what area I might look for a more medicinal heavy landrace that I could find that in. But In more of a side project way. That isn’t anxiety inducing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah, i also don't like OG effects. In my experience, many heavy indicas can induce anxiety and negative feelings in individuals prone to it (ie Black Domina 98).

Bubba Kush (at least our mother) is potent enough, produces wonderful warm body feelings and relaxes muscles, yet the high is clear and joyfull for an almost pure indica. Our HashPlant and some Deep Chunk phenos are like that too.

Sensistar42

Yeah, i also don't like OG effects. In my experience, many heavy indicas can induce anxiety and negative feelings in individuals prone to it (ie Black Domina 98).

Bubba Kush (at least our mother) is potent enough, produces wonderful warm body feelings and relaxes muscles, yet the high is clear and joyfull for an almost pure indica. Our HashPlant and some Deep Chunk phenos are like that too.
Omg yes the domina makes me feel like the feeling when someone pounds hard on your front door and you think it’s the police, but the whole time! 🤣

The hash plant seems way more up my alley then! I remember seeing your s1 of it for sale if I’m thinking right? Idk if you’ve had any out recently though.

Sensistar42

My experience with the domina is through bob hemphil and ak bean brains.

RobFromTX

Im glad im not alone with that feeling. Some of my friends call me nuts when i tell them that indicas give me anxiety and pure sativas relax me and relieve stress. Its a fascinating world to say the least

revegeta666

Im glad im not alone with that feeling. Some of my friends call me nuts when i tell them that indicas give me anxiety and pure sativas relax me and relieve stress. Its a fascinating world to say the least
I am in the same boat, and I think it has to do with the high levels of thc in commercial indicas. I find a lower THC sativa more relaxing and I think you do too.

Sensistar42

I am in the same boat, and I think it has to do with the high levels of thc in commercial indicas. I find a lower THC sativa more relaxing and I think you do too.
Idk for me though even .5 gram shared with my gf with the ogs makes everything agitated/morbid thoughts anxiety same as nl2 makes me

Nl5 and nl1 is depressing with morbid thoughts about life etc. anxiety not as bad.

Afghani1 in skunk makes me way more anxious then the nl1 and leads to heart racing feelings and worrying about all the problems at once

Blue berry is similar to skunk, I’ve heard that the afghani in it was afghan 1 or something similar. Balk area genetics I believe swami seed said on the potcast. But that was a while ago.

But any of the sativas I’ve had don’t get me going like the staple Dutch hybrids with anxiety/depression/ morbid thinking.

RobFromTX

Idk for me though even .5 gram shared with my gf with the ogs makes everything agitated/morbid thoughts anxiety same as nl2 makes me

Makes sense. Ogs an indica hybrid with a jacked up thc profile. probably one of the stronger strains on the market. But to each his own. Its wildly popular with some folks i know

Sparkus_Maximus

My only experience with Honduran was more Sativa(ish) than anything related to OG or Kush-Indicas, generally speaking. I want to run the Honduras again since I remember enjoying the 'up / ' clarifying' - effect mine had, and it surely could have gone at least another 3-4 weeks. A properly harvested and cured product would be quite nice, based on my preliminary testing of the one plant I ran a while back.

Last edited:

Sensistar42

My only experience with Honduran was more Sativa(ish) than anything related to OG or Kush-Indicas, generally speaking. I want to run the Honduras again since I remember enjoying the 'up / ' clarifying' - effect mine had, and it surely could have gone at least another 3-4 weeks. A properly harvested and cured product would be quite nice, based on my preliminary testing of the one plant I ran a while back.
The only pheno I have so far is a fox tailed but very dense purple columbian pheno. The last run it went for 13ish weeks and was 20-30% Amber (because the previous times it finished at 14.) still seemed just about the same in affects for most part. But the cure of 2-3 months or so really brings out the effects of the potency for sure. Same as the other 3 times a ran the same clone. It’s really a mind fuck when something goes from ok to great after waiting that long. 🤣🤣 I must find a Mexican pheno though it’s what I was looking for in the first place with this strain.

Sparkus_Maximus

The only pheno I have so far is a fox tailed but very dense purple columbian pheno. The last run it went for 13ish weeks and was 20-30% Amber (because the previous times it finished at 14.) still seemed just about the same in affects for most part. But the cure of 2-3 months or so really brings out the effects of the potency for sure. Same as the other 3 times a ran the same clone. It’s really a mind fuck when something goes from ok to great after waiting that long. 🤣🤣 I must find a Mexican pheno though it’s what I was looking for in the first place with this strain.
Spectacular news my friend😊, sounds like you have the pheno leaning more towards the Columbian side of this enigmatic hybrid. I bet a good 3- month cure brings out the best flavors and effects indeed. If I remember the description correctly, the purple pheno was supposed to have a ''little'' body-effect, while the ''green-Honduran'' pheno typically brings the more ''up'' effect, without much noticeable body- afterwards. The single lady I had was definitely the green-pheno. Dubi would naturally be the best source of information here, always great to be able to exchange a paragraph or 2 with the actual breeder of such stellar genetics.

Last edited:

Sensistar42

Here’s an example of how a honduras male crosses into a purple Pck dominant Violeta. Orient express in the front of it.
I pinched that honduras cross everyday from the top down and it’s still towering over everything and massive. 🤣🤣 if you want explosive growth add this genetic to the mix. 🤣🤣
Has the smell of Violeta and the body of the honduras. I would say it was a good mix. I have another that smells like the honduras and looks more hazy columbian like but green.

Attachments

• ECA2401A-9254-4D55-8225-95D748AA8029.jpeg
    ECA2401A-9254-4D55-8225-95D748AA8029.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136