What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Herbert Chickybaby

It looks close. Very interesting color display. Green mexican pheno with a touch of purple colombian :smoke:
Haha, maybe the color is towards mexican because I tweaked the color a bit, the pics were a bit washed out looking due to slight fog on my lens. The leaf stems are purple as well, sorry i did not photograph that, I'll do it tomorrow if that is indeed a trait of the Colombian pheno. It certainly smells like Colombian enough to make me say if i had to, I'd put my bet on that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Honduras @Herbert Chickybaby :) overall plant looks mostly Mexican to me, although a closer look to the buds also reveal Colombian influence, plenty of seeds there from the Laos male.

Growing in the tropics in a grenhouse is a mold factory, so in the future better choose untamed tropical sativa lines for cultivation in the greenhouse like this one rather than tamed hybrids.

Herbert Chickybaby

Beautiful Honduras @Herbert Chickybaby :) overall plant looks mostly Mexican to me, although a closer look to the buds also reveal Colombian influence, plenty of seeds there from the Laos male.

Growing in the tropics in a grenhouse is a mold factory, so in the future better choose untamed tropical sativa lines for cultivation in the greenhouse like this one rather than tamed hybrids.
Thanks Dubi, yeah, my April, May, June plantings I was not really counting on a good result, I wanted to see if there were any lines that I had that might not mind extreme heat, rain and humidity. In researching Honduras, I found actually the country has some highland areas that would be cooler than tropical lowland areas, so i was not sure, but maybe this is a lowland strain, because thats where we are. But I am a newby to growing except for last year when I grew auto-flowers during the dry season, that worked out very well, a piece of cake, think fat colas but no rot at all. 8-9 plants all uncomprimised. of course the very tough ruderalis genetics i think would help very much, but the air humidisty was dry and and very little rain during that 6 months.

I also was afraid of the light cycle here not allowing phot-periods to flower. I have asked so many people, Angus, you, many others on here, nodbody has answered the question: will photoperiods go into flower in March-April if planted around September-October. Local strains from laos, cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand, absolutely because that is when cannabis is grown here between Aug-Sept-Oct and Feb-mar-April. So I decided to plant my non-local strains to see if they would endure the heat and humidity. Most of them no, Zenith did OK actually, a little more forgiving wet season i think I could have had a full Zenith. But Panama by Ace, Zam Kali-China and Mountain Gold-Satori got totalled. I'm running Mountain-Gold again right now, and Zam-kali China, the Zam Kali China is growing so fast now you can almost see it moving up and out inreal time, but end of Novemeber and December flowering will be nice and warm and moderate humidity with a slight breeze, the auto-flowers loved it last year. I am now running Bokeo (a Lao highlands strain from Real Seeds), Auto-Zamadelica, Lao Gold from south Laos lowlands very near my place, 2 Muang Singhs, which means purple lion in Thai-lao, Muang Singh is Khalifa genetics from Northern Lao, and I also have a Burmese beast from Real seed Company. yes, these are all strictly sativa except your Auto-Zam which I would assume is at least partially ruderalis and possibly Mountain Gold-Satori, which Mandala may have added some broadleaf strains to, the one that crapped out at harvest was broadleafed and not the tallest plant either, but i was quite in love with it anyway so i have to try again.

Also, too, actually it is not a greenhouse that I have going, but it is a nearly 5 meters high translucent plastic roof only, no walls, that we put up to block most of the rain, but any mold is what grows everywhere round here at times, even in everyone's brains crazy mofos around here, but mold is pretty bad most of the year around here and it is why the local chilli poppers are all compact bodied, you cannot grow say larger more hollow bodied peppers, they all fungus up, tomatoes are tricky too, corn like say blue corn from new mexico grows OK but not amazing. Anyway, I'm talking too much as usual, but we are done with that rain and humidity now, thank Buddah, it was nice this last week.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

RobFromTX, Honduras is a nice vigorous plant, although it tends to set a gigantic and tall central stem with fat lower branches in an upside-down umbrella pattern .... the central stem grew right up into my lights. I have in my grow notes to prune to 4 shoots in future grows. Good luck!

Thanks brother. I only gave them a week in vegg. Between that and the 3 gallon pots Im hoping that helps with the height but i have my doubts 😁

JonnyWeedSeed

Thanks brother. I only gave them a week in vegg. Between that and the 3 gallon pots Im hoping that helps with the height but i have my doubts 😁
OK ... you'll be good. My favorite ever 50/50 hybrid was Honduras x Gran Daddy Purp ... oh my was that a fine thang. Sweet Honduras effects with fatter stickier buds and 2 weeks earlier! Gotta dig some of those beans out of my seed bank and get to work. Peace.

RobFromTX

I'm really hoping third from left second row, "the beast", is a mexican pheno. New Caledonias still a good ways behind and they're growing quite differently from eachother. Excited about this grow :smoke:

Attachments

• IMG_20231029_200438037.jpg
    IMG_20231029_200438037.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 91

Keif Cake

Veteran
I have put the Mexican back in flower for a second run to catch some of this Old Timers Haze pollen.

I was wondering if @dubi has made such a cross, using the Mexican side of Honduras, and if so, anything notable about it?

I was expecting the Mexican to be a little more motivating, but i do recall it being described as relaxing. Lower potency strain for sure, need to smoke about twice as much, but that still isn't too bad. I much prefer smoking the Hazey stuff, but the general rule for pot is, the heavy yielders aren't generally heavy hitters, and the heavy hitters usually have paltry yields.
This Mexican yielded very well, maybe they can lend the best qualities of each into a decently yielding, mildly energetic yet relaxing headstash.

RobFromTX

Well guys i have a spider mite invasion underway. Only 4 plants of the 10 so far that ive found but ive been down this road before and I'm not taking any chances. Gonna scrap them. I should have known better than to leave the seedlings on the back porch for a week. Little bastards really flourish down here in texas and probably jumped ship from my wifes plants outside, if they didnt arrive with the bag soil altogether.Lessons learned. I didn't enjoy smoking neem treated crackling weed with bug shit on it the last time I dealt with this. I hope everyones grows go well. ✌️

RobFromTX

No @RobFromTX , it's early and you can easily save them... spray with water mixed with alcohol, 9 parts water and 1 alcohol to 10 parts and repeat every 3 days...
Fight the little bastards as much as you can... and that's what I'm doing now.

Buddy i already ditched them. I went through this a few grows back before flowering really kicked off and they just kept coming back again and again, resulting in a lot of wasted time and crummy weed that i had to throw away. Besides 6 of 10 plants looked to be males anyway. Only 1 of the 5 new caledonias was female :confused:

I think from now on i'll just do one strain at a time when im growing landrace sativas. The honduras were easily outgrowing everything else and i would have had a real mess on my hands down the road. Lessons learned. Theres always more to learn when growing. I have some Honduras x Panama regulars im thinking about popping a few days after sterilizing the growtent to cheer me up.
Also another pack of new caledonias but thats definitely one to grow by itself. A world of variation with that strain.

I hope your plants make a full recovery

JonnyWeedSeed

That sux RobFromTX .... sorry to hear ... we've all been through it and it always SUX. Last time I sterilized every inch of the tent and sprayed neem oil on the soil of my next grow and no probs since then. Make sure you get under the tubes on the bottom of the tent .... little buggers hide their eggs under there. Agree on the New Caledonia .... variation galore .... although I haven't found one I didn't like yet so hard to go wrong. Keep pluggin man. Peace!

RobFromTX

That sux RobFromTX .... sorry to hear ... we've all been through it and it always SUX. Last time I sterilized every inch of the tent and sprayed neem oil on the soil of my next grow and no probs since then. Make sure you get under the tubes on the bottom of the tent .... little buggers hide their eggs under there. Agree on the New Caledonia .... variation galore .... although I haven't found one I didn't like yet so hard to go wrong. Keep pluggin man. Peace!

Its a bummer man i really was excited about the new caledonias. I'll do a solo run with them at some point to see that i have a few good females, because ive seen the great outcomes you guys have had