What's new

HGL XB70 vs DIY Strip Light

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Seed to sexing in 21-25 by mine. So it saves a week to 10 days per cycle and requires 12 x the plants to get the same harvest. Clone to flowering would have saved 3 weeks, I could understand that, that's why I'm trying to pin point the timings.
I guess in a legal location, numbers just don't matter though. A different world from mine. I'm fascinated by the idea.

Every single plant of mine is illegal, but here the law scales the weight and plant numbers have no matter in the case.

If I grow 10 plants that yealds 100 gram dry, or if I grow 100 plants that yealds 10 gram. Will both scale at 1 kg, and will give the same amount of trouble.

With SOG I can just eleminate some time, save money from not running 18H light and squice in a extra crop per year if I wanted to run 365 days a year.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Gotcha, here its plant numbers. A 6 foot tree is the same as 1 of your clones to the law.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol, we use both. If its hot we use Fahrenheit, so a hot day could hit 80 degrees, but if its cold we use Celsius so it might hit minus 5. We pay for petrol by the litre, but judge economy by miles per gallon, and spedos have to be in miles per hour. Less than an inch we use mm, more than 30 cm we use feet. Weight is free choice, so speed is sold in grams, weed in ounces. Horses are measured in hands, don't know how to measure hands though. :)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The distance to the plants in the top cabinet, is placed there according to HGL would be best.
Their recommendation was placing it even hight, but as the cabinets arn't higher then what they are. I was asked just to place it, as high as possible for the test and that I have done.

Anyway we are over half way now, the numbers will tell the tale in the end.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The distance to the plants in the top cabinet, is placed there according to HGL would be best.
Their recommendation was placing it even hight, but as the cabinets arn't higher then what they are. I was asked just to place it, as high as possible for the test and that I have done.

Anyway we are over half way now, the numbers will tell the tale in the end.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 39

Flower day 39

Another night have passed for these ladys, on their way to maturity and eventually they will be chopped.

I wonder what People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants, would say about me cramping that many plants into these small and stacked cabinets. :chin:

mr.brunch

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82830&pictureid=2037837]View Image[/url]

Another night have passed for these ladys, on their way to maturity and eventually they will be chopped.

I wonder what People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants, would say about me cramping that many plants into these small and stacked cabinets. :chin:

You could argue that clones are naturally happier in groups, much like ants.
From the look of them they’re definitely happy.

SuperBadGrower

This is the best way to grow... You hedge your bets. If one gets sick you toss it. Many bugs don't actually like to venture very far if they can feast... if you get a outbreak in one pot you can chuck that plant and deal with a smaller population. You don't or barely need to lollipop and the quality is consistent. Unfortunately, almost nobody can employ this method because the hypocrites force everyone to go by plant count, whether 0 or more.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 40

Flower day 40

Yeah I was just joking about the PeTP :biggrin:

I have pretty much always grown SOG and large numbers of clones, I would agree with you guys that they thrive in groups and SOG is the way to go. If law let you do it, was I facing hard time for high numbers and not weaight I would SCROG.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
the blurple light just isnt in the same league as the diys imho

You might be right, im also pretty excited about my DIY lights. Looking atleast like they are up to par, with 600$ worth of HGL XB70's

Just on a note, it's not burple but multispectrum of 6 different diodes.
It looks burple for sure on pictures, and have a odd pink shade most defently.

Latest posts

Latest posts